Open 862: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Incorrect!
<(") | (")>
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2050, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 1979, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1958, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 366, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 342, Somnus wrote:And Penguin, besides noting that Not_Mafia is playing a very different style than I think we were all expecting, where are you at with regards to some of the other players in the game?
absolutely nowhere except gamma seems too stiff, but that's probably town indicative.
So far in this game, you've basically said nothing. Or said stuff that sounds like it's saying something, but on closer inspection it's just as meaningless.
Welcome to every game ever with me if that’s your conclusion.
Maybe you should put more effort into your games if people are telling you always do nothing :wink:
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

lol - that joke went over your head it seems.
<(") | (")>
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2172, Somnus wrote:Haven't really been inspired to. There's been several slots who have been largely absent for the entirety of Day 3, and even when here, they're not providing much analysis.
Why not push someone then :?: :? :wink:
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

And - tbf - I’ll give you partial credit as that was a correct response, just not the one we were looking for.
<(") | (")>
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2174, Somnus wrote:Yes. Providing thoughts and asking questions and not just laying down a naked vote.
They're not mutually exclusive :wink:
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by Somnus »

This is good stuff. Much town.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2178, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 2172, Somnus wrote:Haven't really been inspired to. There's been several slots who have been largely absent for the entirety of Day 3, and even when here, they're not providing much analysis.
Why not push someone then :?: :? :wink:
See the previous page.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:08 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’ve been existing in an state of delirium these last day.
Nothing seems to be happening though? Ok, keep at it.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:10 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

VOTE: penguin power the bbt thing isn't going to get resolved if they aren't here.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:27 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I'm here.

What is there to resolve?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:02 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 2123, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 2114, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 2112, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 2110, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Enchant was a counter wagon to Jake and those wagons were very much 50/50 for what felt like a good % of the day.

No doubt scum tried to save Jake by voting Enchant.
And wouldn't scum vote Jake when it looked like it was for sure he would die?
Or do you seriously argue that me and Bella are scum and decided to keep voting Enchant, knowing Jake would flip and make our slots look awful. You're basically claiming that we are idiots.
But Penguin was the vote that tipped the balance towards Jake, if Penguin didn't vote there, the elimination probably would have ended up on Enchant
In post 2121, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 2120, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I don't think both of you are scum, I think exactly one of you is scum.
This is an illogical mindset. You're treating it as if it's fact that there has to be scum in me/Bella when that in itself is an fallacy because you're not considering the possibility that we could both be town.
These are basically my thoughts. I could compromise on kop though.

P-edit Its really obvious bbt is tunneled but the thing I don't like is his read hasn't progressed on me at all and seems to basically be in his head and he doesn't want to discuss that his read on me is mostly paranoid.

I also know how tempting it is to be in the 'one scum one town' mindset, because I thought it about enchant and norwee day two. In fact bbt called me out on it. I'm no longer wedded to it.

This, basically. I can't tell if your scum read on me feels weird because it's scummy (i'm leaning to this, mainly because it feels really stale/safe) or not. It feels a lot like you are pointing at 'generic Bella things ' and deciding they are scummy. On the other hand I think I'd probably give it more of a pass from someone else.

Either way my vote on you feels like a vanity wagon and this game needs progress
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:03 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Plus you wanted to elim me, my top town read and gamma, who I was hard tr-ing at day start but not so much now. It rang alarm bells.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:41 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Real talk: i also thought you were trying to fake claim a guilty on me with your day start vote , which just felt really off: I was kinda waiting to see what you were gonna do with it, but then nothing happened.

Gammas votes today have been awful though
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:57 am

Meh, I guess you're right in that I'm paranoid about you, I can't read you well at all. But I can only be paranoid if I am town and you don't seem to be town reading me so what's up with that?

My scum read on you has just kind of been there all game - hedgy reads (which we've been over) and general non-stances. Then I think it's very likely that in such a tight wagon vs wagon situation where one of them is scum, the other scum would try to save their buddy - especially as Jake's posting wasn't exactly screaming scum. One of you and Norwee are in prime position to be scum - I initially went with you because I can't really read you and Norwee felt town in the early game.

Then I remembered Norwee talking about how relaxed/jokey he is as scum and I started to re-eval the read. It helps that he was on the counter to Jake and I don't think his posting Todayh has been great at all.

Who is your top town read? Norwee? Gamma wanting to elim Enchant is scummy, Enchant is very likely town.

Not gonna lie, I kind of wanted it to look like a guilty, too. But you didn't react to it at all which I now find suspicious given I now know that you noticed it.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:16 am

Post by Enchant »

Soooooooooooooooo.

My mind didn't change.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:14 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I didnt have much to react to - and it had to be a reaction test. I wanted to see how you'd follow it up: it's a pressure move and then there was no pressure, so my reaction was mainly a shrug. I thought early in the day phase it was super Sus but you sort of not doing anything about it felt more town - why wouldn't you, as scum, make something either out of the move or even out of my non reaction. But then it kinda cycles back to 'he wasn't here', so it's not lock anything for me.

I've discussed why I think your reasons don't really translate - early alianna vote, more of a push on goldfish than I think would've been massively sensible as scum start of day two, I think my reads are fairly clear. The game being quite a f. Isn't helping though.

Norwee is my top town read, although I think somnus is lock town. I tr not mafia. I was really strongly tr-ing gamma but I'm not now at all. Im still in two minds about you and enchant.

Is there anything specific in norwee's posting today you can point to? Even post numbers? Their day one /early day two I scum read but I've found it better since!
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:22 am

Post by PenguinPower »

why am i scum bella?
<(") | (")>
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:10 am

You see what I mean Bella? You spend time talking about how Norwee is your top town read and then go on, in the very same post, to talk about how you scum read their Day One/Early Day Two... It's hedgy. How can he be your top town read when you have scum read a decent % of their play? This just reeks of leaving yourself opportunity to flip on a read should the situation arise.

And if you have scum read their play, like you say, you're literally talking about scum reading him at the same points as I am but you question me? It doesn't make sense.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:16 am

Post by Bellaphant »

But it's true? I spent most of day two getting nothing out of the slot because of their fight with enchant. Then they stopped doing that and I've really vibes with their posting. This is clear and present in the thread.

Me asking you about your reasons for scum reading them is also about you and your thought process. It helps me understand you, mostly.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:17 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@pp, I have no reason to tr you in your posting and your position around yesterday's wagons looks scummy.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:18 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Also, you've ignored the bulk of my post to focus on me saying my read of norwee has evolved? I'm sure that's not the most interesting thing I said.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:19 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 2189, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Then I remembered Norwee talking about how relaxed/jokey he is as scum and I started to re-eval the read. It helps that he was on the counter to Jake and I don't think his posting Todayh has been great at all.
This is going to sound really smug. But i am almost sure that if Jake was my partner yesterday i would saved them easily.
Again, being on an counterwagon to scum doesn't make someone scum. Faulty thinking. And very one-dimensional too, because scum can plan ahead and make sure they don't end up being on an counterwagon to scum because they'd be concerned about their image. I couldn't give care less i was on CW to Jake because i know i'm town and my play is justice.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:21 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2195, Bellaphant wrote:@pp, I have no reason to tr you in your posting and your position around yesterday's wagons looks scummy.
you should read your tr not_mafia's posting and refute that then because simply saying it looks scummy doesn't really mean much
<(") | (")>
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:22 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

You still have the power to join the right side, let us end this Penguin menace together.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Open Games”