Mini 2282 | Masqué | Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
RH
RH
he/him
Goon
RH
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:35 pm

Post by RH »

Music

Session II Count II

Masquerader Purple - Masquerader Olive [1]:
Masquerader Teal - Masquerader Magenta [1]:
Masquerader Red - Masquerader Blue [0]:

Not Voting
- , Masquerader Magenta, Masquerader Olive, Masquerader Purple

Notes
  • The combined mod ISO is here.
  • With 6 remaining, it takes 4 to form a majority.
  • Extending the deadline to ensure that when it occurs, I'll be online.
Session II
concludes in (expired on 2022-10-13 15:24:32).

Last edited by RH on Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:54 am

Post by Masquerader Olive »

Purple’s most recent post was speculating on who they thought was old red, so what exactly is the intruder motive for doing that?

Red, I think it’s extremely obvious that blue knows exactly who I am now and probably posted that in your pt. How does that impact your read on me?

It’s also pretty damned obvious that they’re referencing a recent game we were both in where I didn’t have the best reads and it’s also really clear which game that is. Blue I do take responsibility for that but you’re being really unfair not giving me proper credit reversing my wrong townread on one of those players, because we would have lost otherwise, so you trying to make me feel bad for initially being wrong, seems to be a bit over the top, no? And as to the other read, I’d prefer to not comment on that because I did come around post-game but I’m still extremely pissed about it, because I have still issues with their play and you know exactly why that is.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:08 am

Post by Masquerader Blue »

In post 406, Masquerader Olive wrote:I realize that I’m probably being unfair because none of you have access to our pt and perhaps if I didn’t, I maybe wouldn’t know what to think of purple but I do and no way does intruder purple make the posts in our pt that they are. I am not being pocketed in there and if cyan and yellow were still in the game, I wouldn’t care but I know I’m not wrong here but you need to pay attention the most to what’s happening in your pts because intruders cannot fake the degree of genuine solving that both me and purple are doing in ours. So, I will just straight out let the cat out if the bag. I know who purple is and that is my strongest reason for invitee reading them and unfortunately that’s all I can post about that in the main thread. If you either wrongly think I’m intruder or I don’t know what I’m talking about then I don’t know what to tell you but purple doesn’t make the kinds of posts in our pt as intruder. They just don’t. I’m kicking myself also but it was me who stupidly got cyan and yellow wrong, not purple.
I am refering to your tendency to not listen to other people and only care about your own reads.

I do not care about your accuracy.

It is unfun to play with regardless of whether you are right or wrong.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:10 am

I am literally voting to get you what you want.

I don't know if your solution is right. I hope for your sake it is.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:11 am

I do not care about being right or winning this game. I know who each of you are and what each of you is willing to accept and do. I am accepting your solution because I do not have the energy to argue with you.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:01 am

Post by Masquerader Purple »

In post 442, Masquerader Red wrote:
In post 437, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 433, Masquerader Red wrote:Also, Blue and I are not the same slots so a strategic pocket is unlikely.
I don't understand what this is referring to, there is logically no reason to assume olive and I are any less susceptible to being pocketed than either you or blue.
A pocket is much harder to maintain with multiple people coming and going.
Okay I can agree with that point. I am not sure it applies to blue because only new new blue has been playing in that slot since you entered, but I can accept a similar point in that olive has had a much longer time to establish a pocket on me than blue has had on you. I will say that if olive is intruder and successfully pocketed me then this is potentially the best performance they've ever given and far above their usual range.

I'm willing to reconsider and self-hammer in the next Session based on how they handle the end of this one, though I also have to say I believe it's a mistake to hammer olive and I now when from your point of view it still can very much be blue and teal and revealing teal's alignment (who I have almost no doubt is an intruder) will help you find my slot as invitee.

I'm going back to take a look at my interaction in 428 now.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:09 am

In post 454, Masquerader Blue wrote:I do not care about being right or winning this game. I know who each of you are and what each of you is willing to accept and do. I am accepting your solution because I do not have the energy to argue with you.
This is a lie, blue is unable to guess my identity as are the majority of players on this site. I would not be surprised if they are able to guess olive as I feared they would be findable to a number of intruders. I also doubt that blue is sincere about not caring whether they win or lose this game, I assume they prefer to win as would the majority of players.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:19 am

Were you referring to this transaction in 128, new red? 428 is a post you wrote about blue's push on cyan.
In post 128, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 125, Masquerader Olive wrote:Why don’t you just retract the invites you’re less sure of then?

I’m not entirely sure I understand the automan mechanic but I would strongly advise you to retract your invite to magenta.

What about what Yellow said about you using the word “mask”? Are you saying you know who I am? I really want to trust you but I’m scared.
I don't know if the moderator accepts retractions:

Rescind offer to magenta

Rescind offer to teal

The automaton mechanic means that after pairs form, if the intruders can guess both of the identities correctly in that pair then both players will die instantly. Intruders have two chances at this.

Yellow is arguing that I slipped which is not likely to lead to good results in any circumstances I have witnessed. I also didn't use the word mask exactly, I used masqué, which this setup is named and one of the first words we all see when we click on this setup. I assumed the factions were masqué and intruder which I now know is inaccurate. I don't fully understand how yellow is perceiving that I slipped but yellow's conviction in it makes me think they might be an invitee who I upset earlier. And yes, that's what I'm implying.
I'm assuming this is the transaction you're referring to and will review this until I receive confirmation I am mistaken.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:28 am

my current plan is to vote out teal/magenta and then leave the dance to give you two the solution you think is correct

but sure keep saying I am lying scum. that totally makes so much sense
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:06 am

Post by Masquerader Red »

Olive, how do you know Purple is town?
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:07 am

In post 421, Masquerader Red wrote:
In post 85, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 76, Masquerader Green wrote:
VOTE: Masquerader Yellow

This is where my suspicions point me currently. I do not trust the way they took Purple's post out of context.
In post 82, Masquerader Green wrote:oh I thought this was just gonna be a regular game, huh
UNVOTE: Masquerader Yellow
Green doesn't want to appear aligned with yellow
, and yellow is an intruder; therefore I am deducing that the intruders are green and yellow. Olive was my red herring and teal was red's red herring.

Offer hand: Red

Offer hand: Olive

Offer hand: Blue

Offer hand: Teal

Offer hand: Magenta
Purple's first offer happens to be every player left alive in the game. That would be an odd coinicidence.

Their acceptance might be coordinated. Based on their own admissions

1) Purple did an about face on Olive.
2) Olive originally wanted to pair with red supposedly but changed his mind.
3) Purple wanted hard to identify people to pair with easy to identify people but currently rests on meta knowledge for Olive town.
4) Olive asks Purple to retract invites and Olive accepts 4 minutes later. The rationale is the thought process looked invitee.
5) The awkward you were right I was town.

VOTE: Purple/Olive

I think I want to see this through.
This is what I want explained.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:12 am

In post 456, Masquerader Purple wrote:This is a lie, blue is unable to guess my identity as are the majority of players on this site. I would not be surprised if they are able to guess olive as I feared they would be findable to a number of intruders. I also doubt that blue is sincere about not caring whether they win or lose this game, I assume they prefer to win as would the majority of players.
How can you know anyone, including Olive, so well and be unidentifiable to most members on this site?
RH
RH
he/him
Goon
RH
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:58 am

Post by RH »

I realised that the wording in the Role PM never specified if the targets were the pair's identity or not.

So, if the resolution of an automaton occurs, I'll only reveal the targeted masks if it's correct.

Sorry for the inconveniences.
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:31 pm

In post 452, Masquerader Blue wrote:
In post 406, Masquerader Olive wrote:I realize that I’m probably being unfair because none of you have access to our pt and perhaps if I didn’t, I maybe wouldn’t know what to think of purple but I do and no way does intruder purple make the posts in our pt that they are. I am not being pocketed in there and if cyan and yellow were still in the game, I wouldn’t care but I know I’m not wrong here but you need to pay attention the most to what’s happening in your pts because intruders cannot fake the degree of genuine solving that both me and purple are doing in ours. So, I will just straight out let the cat out if the bag. I know who purple is and that is my strongest reason for invitee reading them and unfortunately that’s all I can post about that in the main thread. If you either wrongly think I’m intruder or I don’t know what I’m talking about then I don’t know what to tell you but purple doesn’t make the kinds of posts in our pt as intruder. They just don’t. I’m kicking myself also but it was me who stupidly got cyan and yellow wrong, not purple.
I am refering to your tendency to not listen to other people and only care about your own reads.

It is unfun to play with regardless of whether you are right or wrong.
Ouch :(

We in part won that game because I did reacess. If you recall one of the other two remaining towns wanted to mislim town and we probably would have lost had I gone along with that and not stuck to my guns, so I think you’re being extremely unfair to me and it’s even bordering on actually being hurtful. :cry:
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:35 pm

In post 453, Masquerader Blue wrote:I am literally voting to get you what you want.

I don't know if your solution is right. I hope for your sake it is.
In post 454, Masquerader Blue wrote:I do not care about being right or winning this game. I know who each of you are and what each of you is willing to accept and do. I am accepting your solution because I do not have the energy to argue with you.
My current strongest intruder read is still teal. I don’t think that they haven’t shown much interest in solving either me or purple. Don’t you find it extremely odd that they are content to votepark us and make absolutely no effort to reacess?
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:46 pm

In post 459, Masquerader Red wrote:Olive, how do you know Purple is town?
I obviously only know for sure I am but if they’re actually intruder, then they’re doing one helluva a job pocketing me both in the main thread and our pt.

They knew right away who I was and it would seem to me that I would be an ideal target not to be paired with intruder purple because of how easily they guessed my identity. I would have absolutely no clue who they were had they not actually told me who they were.

I thought that was the main reason for their read change on me because they were initially strongly intruder reading me and vice versa. That has happened before to me in a lot of games where I played on an alt. I’m still not really sure why that even is.
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:49 pm

Blue, I very respectfully request you seriously consider your wording wrt to me. I seriously cannot at the present time, deal with anything along those lines, so I’m begging you to not continue doing that please.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:50 pm

@Olive, you didn't at all get suspicious when they told you their identity? Did you take steps to verify it? Can you address post 460?
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:03 pm

In post 467, Masquerader Red wrote:@Olive, you didn't at all get suspicious when they told you their identity? Did you take steps to verify it? Can you address post 460?
I will respond to this later. I’m extremely upset by blue’s recent posts to me but I promise to do my best to address all of your questions to the best of my ability once I calm down.

What I can tell you is I straight up asked them. Since they knew who I was, I thought it was only fair. I was however surprised that that did volunteer that information to me. I assumed it was because they really trusted I was invitee. They have been doing lots of solving in our pt, not just telling me what they think I might want to hear but I do agree that it’s extremely important for me to keep an open mind and I’m still willing to evenhear teal out but out of absolutely everyone in the playerlist, I think they have the highest intruder equity.

I also really don’t understand why blue is so angry with me because I think my voting out one of the two remaining scums in that game rather than the miselim, is the reason we likely even won, so their anger towards me reads somewhat disproportionate to what actually happened in that game.

I know, I haven’t yet fully answered your questions but blue’s posts really triggered me. I promise I will.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:07 pm

In post 458, Masquerader Blue wrote:my current plan is to vote out teal/magenta and then leave the dance to give you two the solution you think is correct

but sure keep saying I am lying scum. that totally makes so much sense
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:11 pm

I can wait. I appreciate you acknowledging my posts and the fact you haven't answered them wholly. It drives me mad to ask the same thing five times over and not get a response. Makes me automatically think scum. If I know a limitation, I can factor that in. Don't take that as me trusting you. I think this posting is growth as a player, regardless of your alignment.

Also, your speech patterns and thoughts processes are obvious.
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:13 pm

In post 452, Masquerader Blue wrote:

It is unfun to play with
regardless of whether you are right or wrong.
It’s this specific post that I literally cannot deal with not after what one of the players has not only put me through during the game but even afterwards. I seriously cannot cope with anything like this.
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:21 pm

In post 470, Masquerader Red wrote:I can wait. I appreciate you acknowledging my posts and the fact you haven't answered them wholly. It drives me mad to ask the same thing five times over and not get a response. Makes me automatically think scum. If I know a limitation, I can factor that in. Don't take that as me trusting you. I think this posting is growth as a player, regardless of your alignment.

Also, your speech patterns and thoughts processes are obvious.
Your questions and concerns are completely valid and reasonable and you won’t have to repeat any of it.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:30 pm

I am going to leave after we vote out Teal/Magenta

We do not have to talk about anything else
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:58 pm

In post 473, Masquerader Blue wrote:I am going to leave after we vote out Teal/Magenta

We do not have to talk about anything else
I don’t understand why you would do that unless you have reasons to intruder read red and you have made it clear so far that you don’t.

I do think teal is my best guess for intruder but fypov, I don’t understand why you would do that automatically?

There is no reason to rush that. I absolutely want to make the right decision - whatever that may be. That’s why I’m agreeing on teal. I think that there’s one tvt couple and no svs ones and that it very likely isn’t teal/magenta because I don’t think teal is invitee. I also don’t understand your hostility towards me because I voted out one of the two remaining scum in that game, which wasn’t what one of the other remaining towns wanted.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”