Townie
N.Y. M
They
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: They

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:00 am

Post by N.Y. M »

Other things pinging me is that she has us and Penguin in her PoE who had previously defended her, that is something scum are far more likely to do than town. Unless you’re someone like Dannflor, an extremely paranoid player who wrongly sr players who tr him and tr players who don’t, this is highly suss to me. Scum!Gamma loves to push people who tr him for example but tends to tr those slots when he’s town. Sr players who tr yoi looks townie seems to look townie because it seems counterintuitive but town in general tends to tr players who tr them unless that tr is either unwarranted for whatever reasons, so I find it truly suss that Koka is sr her strongest defender.

In a nutshell, if someone posts in a game that they confidently tr me and if that’s not unusual for that player to have that read, for example, if Mathblade were ever to locktown mr straight out of the gate, I’d probably want to yeet him out of the gate because dude has an 100% proven wrong bop on me when he knows my main but and furtive was being ridiculously beyond BEYOND overly pockety in Chromavalon but in general. I tend to tr those who tr me unless they actually have a history of pocketing me as scum.

~Nancy
Nancy/Yume/Mastina hydra
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:08 am

Post by Roden »

In post 352, Bell wrote:There needs to be a word for reciprocative town reads.
Roden feels town so far.
Let's call it the ouroboros effect.
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:11 am

Post by Kokabiel »

You talk the talk, but you have yet to walk the walk.
What have you done this game for it to warrant a townread on you? Nothing.
The only thing is the scumread on me on the 11th hour and mastina going off wallposting. I'm expecting town!Mastina to go full on deus vult on her scumreads so she is currently either not town or has no strong scumreads.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:12 am

Post by Roden »

In post 373, Kokabiel wrote:
In post 259, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: kokabiel
In post 256, RH wrote:
Kokabiel is an
Advocate
!
In post 262, PenguinPower wrote:it be scum
In post 271, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 270, Frogsterking wrote:I'll eat my socks.
like - with any seasoning or sauce, or just plain socks?
In post 285, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 284, Kokabiel wrote:It's a Moonlight dancer with an additional on-death trigger, and no it's sadly not a vengeful.
I claimed and gave out my reads so there is no info you can get from me apart from the flip. So y'all useless lazy town without any reads better start working. 4 Days remaining, you can always come back to finish the job.
What's a "moonlight dancer?"
Remember this slip after i flip.
Why did you claim? You only had one vote on you. And currently you only have three, yet you're making threats based off of your potential elimination.
N.Y. M
N.Y. M
They
Townie
N.Y. M
They
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:16 am

Post by N.Y. M »

In post 374, Kokabiel wrote:
In post 372, N.Y. M wrote: Splitting up reads based off of different hydra heads is extremely suss to me.
If you have 3 heads to make reads it makes perfect sense to me that you have 3X the weaknesses that comes along with it.
Well it makes sense that you want all the advantage's you have against solo players while disregarding the demerits that come alongside it.
Well, I’ve see scum do that with hydra heads and to me especially you’re splitting up Bombsy heads could possibly be a scum tactic to push that slot later on. You can essentially locktown one hydra head and still push that slot later if you have divided reads on them.

I also don’t see how we’re an alternative sr either, so that also weirds me out. What have we even done here that anyone could even consider to be remotely scummy?

I know furtive didn’t like my initial Flavia vote but I attribute that to him disregarding the post cap thing and not taking into account that I did read Frogs’ analysis before I made that vote. There is 0 reasons that make any sense to me for you to have us as an alternative sr.
In post 256, RH wrote:
Kokabiel is an
Advocate
!
In post 284, Kokabiel wrote:It's a Moonlight dancer with an additional on-death trigger, and no it's sadly not a vengeful.
I claimed and gave out my reads so there is no info you can get from me apart from the flip. So y'all useless lazy town without any reads better start working. 4 Days remaining, you can always come back to finish the job.
How is that a slip?

~Nancy
Nancy/Yume/Mastina hydra
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:18 am

Post by Bell »

FYI: if I were scum I’d avoid attacking people that are town reading me.
N.Y. M
N.Y. M
They
Townie
N.Y. M
They
Townie
Townie

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:43 am

Post by N.Y. M »

In post 380, Bell wrote:FYI: if I were scum I’d avoid attacking people that are town reading me.
You were in FFIV and didn’t Gamma do just that? And maybe you don’t do that as scum but I’ve seen scum do that in plenty of games. If scum push players sr them, their townflip looks pretty bad on them when they flip but if scum were hypothetically to get a miselim on a player tr them, no one ever suspects them for it. My point is not that Koka stil couldn’t be town doing that but that it’s extremely unusual for town unless they have either a history of being pocketed by said player, the tr seems to come out of nowhere or is overly pockety, slot always reads them incorrectly, tr is weirdly hedgey for some reason as in X is probably town but y gives me pause etc., it’s unusual to sr a player who trs you unless there’s other things in their ISO that are suss and since it seems that Koka is claiming to sr Flavia, she obviously doesn’t have the same reasoning for being suss on us since furtive seems to be liking that slot, so that also doesn’t make sense to me.
In post 377, Kokabiel wrote:You talk the talk, but you have yet to walk the walk.
What have you done this game for it to warrant a townread on you? Nothing.
The only thing is the scumread on me on the 11th hour and mastina going off wallposting.
I'm expecting town!Mastina to go full on deus vult on her scumreads so she is currently either not town or has no strong scumreads.
Like literally dafuq? :lol:

You didn’t nullread us, you put as as an alternative sr with no explanation for that whatsoever. And now you’re seriously saying that the only townie thing we’ve done is my recent vote on you? How is that even a thought that comes from town? You logically ought to have either been null or tr us prior to that vote and only expressing any suspicion on us post vote. You have a townie thought progression assbackwards here.
In post 378, Roden wrote:
In post 256, RH wrote:
Kokabiel is an
Advocate
!
Why did you claim? You only had one vote on you. And currently you only have three, yet you're making threats based off of your potential elimination.
THIS as well. There’s no good reason that I can think of for doing this so prematurely as town. Tprs generally don’t want to yah know telegraph to scum, hey I’m a tpr, please nk me tonight. Also your your AtEing pretty much every single post looks fake to me.

~Nancy
Nancy/Yume/Mastina hydra
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:46 am

Post by Kokabiel »

I don't see a point in talking to you anymore since i'm already at a stage where everything i say is taken out of context to suit the narrative. Go and find town cred somewhere else without milking the same topic over and over again.
For example: Do you think i'm 3rd party or i have a partner. Is there scum bussing me right now. If i'm town then who is actually scum. Any reads with substance apart from me?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:51 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Kokabiel, why did you use your ability? Did you just think might as well? You said you claimed so that there's no info we get after the flip. Are you sticking to this? I don't get the motivation.
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:03 am

Post by Kokabiel »

In post 383, furtiveglance wrote:Kokabiel, why did you use your ability? Did you just think might as well? You said you claimed so that there's no info we get after the flip. Are you sticking to this? I don't get the motivation.
I figured i'm going to die today anyway, so i hastened the process of the wagon as to not waste time and gave out all my info.
I hoped at least a few people would start analyzing other stuff, but they instead still come at me while ignoring majority of other stuff.
Am i missing some logic here? I'm going to die anyway so why do people feel the need to affirm that i'm scummy over and over again while not doing anything else; I just don't get it.
From my pow pushing me makes sense for scum to look like they are doing something while actually not contributing; But majority is doing it and they can't all be scum.
Also i said i claimed so there is nothing to gain from me APART from the flip.
N.Y. M
N.Y. M
They
Townie
N.Y. M
They
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:04 am

Post by N.Y. M »

In post 256, RH wrote:
Kokabiel is an
Advocate
!
Wait!
@mod what does this mean exactly?

UNVOTE:

until mod clarifys this. I obviously don’t want to lim them if this is a mod confirmed IC thing.

@Andres, I’m not currently sr you, if that helps.

I realize we are three heads and that can be very confusing since we’re obviously not on the same page with every read.

~Nancy
Nancy/Yume/Mastina hydra
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:09 am

Post by Roden »

In post 384, Kokabiel wrote:
In post 383, furtiveglance wrote:Kokabiel, why did you use your ability? Did you just think might as well? You said you claimed so that there's no info we get after the flip. Are you sticking to this? I don't get the motivation.
I figured i'm going to die today anyway, so i hastened the process of the wagon as to not waste time and gave out all my info.
I hoped at least a few people would start analyzing other stuff, but they instead still come at me while ignoring majority of other stuff.
Am i missing some logic here? I'm going to die anyway so why do people feel the need to affirm that i'm scummy over and over again while not doing anything else; I just don't get it.
From my pow pushing me makes sense for scum to look like they are doing something while actually not contributing; But majority is doing it and they can't all be scum.
Also i said i claimed so there is nothing to gain from me APART from the flip.
How did you activate your ability?
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:10 am

Post by Kokabiel »

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ght_Dancer
Mod confirmed my role but didn't confirm my alignment.
I have never seen it before so i have no idea what it's purpose even is. It's on par with a fruit vendor by usefulness.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:10 am

Post by The Bombay »

I am finding Frogs and Mastinas posts to be unreadable, and I am just kind of skimming past them. Anyone else find something of note int here feel free to quote and @ me with it lol

~Luke
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:13 am

Post by The Bombay »

Koka, how does your flavor of advocate get to q moonlight dancer?

Like, in my mind an "advocate" is [someone] who is doing things for [someone or something else].

How is that getting to "you can have your own pr name revealed?"
Passenger
Passenger
He/him
Goon
Passenger
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:18 am

Post by Passenger »

In post 246, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 241, Passenger wrote:
In post 235, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 234, Passenger wrote:
In post 172, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 170, furtiveglance wrote:I townread Passenger
Congrats, you have now ensured your survival to endgame.

(I'm half-joking, you may be right for all I know, it feels a little presumptive to me though)
Let me get this straight. furtive’s townread on me is presumptive, but your team solve with me in it is not presumptive?
You aren't in my team solve. *snap snap* sharpen up.
I was definitely in your team solve when you made that post.
This is the scum tell by the way.
My scumtell is me stating an objective fact?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:21 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Frog: "this [Passenger] is the mafia vote them D1 please"
Town: "neah neah" *kills self*
Frog: :o
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:23 am

Post by Kokabiel »

In post 389, The Bombay wrote:Koka, how does your flavor of advocate get to q moonlight dancer?

Like, in my mind an "advocate" is [someone] who is doing things for [someone or something else].

How is that getting to "you can have your own pr name revealed?"
I pm the mod "Represent Residents" and the mod confirms my role in the main thread.
It makes sense since an advocate is "a person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy." according to wiki
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:24 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm going to become a hermit frog and move out of this Community into the nearby mountains so I don't have to suffer the consequences of your inability to vote out the Delegates.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Passenger
Passenger
He/him
Goon
Passenger
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:26 am

Post by Passenger »

Frog: “this passenger guy is mafia please vote him because i was right about scum in this random previous game so i’m always right”
Town: *vote’s elsewhere*
Frog: :o :o
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:27 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 388, The Bombay wrote:I am finding Frogs and Mastinas posts to be unreadable, and I am just kind of skimming past them. Anyone else find something of note int here feel free to quote and @ me with it lol

~Luke
Tld;dr If you aren't voting Passenger yet it's a skill issue and N.Y.M and I now townread each other. There ya go. I'll post another wallpost tomorrow which is non-N.Y.M related and required reading.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:28 am

Post by The Bombay »

In post 348, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 141, The Bombay wrote:
In post 134, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 133, Flavia wrote:Random or serious?
Bit late for random. I guess you want more explanation then. I think comes to the conclusion that I'm trueclaiming a bit too quickly. as well. Feels a bit "meh, not sure" which Bell was like as mafia in The Turing Test.
If it makes you feel better, Bell's reactions to your claim were my exact reactions too.
Bell just said I probably was telling the truth. Considering that 1) there are 2 possible reactions to my claim (townread or scumread) and 2) anyone who scumreads a Miller claim will immediately look desperate (scum motivation for townreading me), this kind of 'mindmeld' is not at all improbable. So it has far less value than a mindmeld usually has, which isn't much even then.
I was mainly responding to where you said he came to "the conclusion that I'm trueclaiming a bit too quickly." I was trying to tell you that I came to the conclusion just as fast.

But also, it was not just that he landed on your being town.
In post 21, Bell wrote:I think you probably are a miller since I don’t see much point of you coming up with that on your own.
Rather it doesn’t seem to be part of your wheel house.

Do you like to fake claim? Have you fake claimed before?
This implies thoughts about you as a player wrt claiming Miller. I agreed with those thoughts about you as a player.

There are other people that I would see a Miller claim, and call it nai. But I think you in particular are more likely to be town for it. That was the conclusion that felt good to see Bell also have
----
Also, as I said before, I also liked That he asked for your flavor. Feel like a town pov would be more inclined to investigate that.

Versus the alternative. Which is him being scum, deciding that he was just gonna town read the claim, but also (despite the town read) dig more into the claim

~Luke
N.Y. M
N.Y. M
They
Townie
N.Y. M
They
Townie
Townie

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:33 am

Post by N.Y. M »

VOTE: Passenger
Nancy/Yume/Mastina hydra
Passenger
Passenger
He/him
Goon
Passenger
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:33 am

Post by Passenger »

In post 254, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 59, Passenger wrote:The fact that DeasVail posted about his inability to solve. This shows that DeasVail is scum concerned whether people believe he is solving or not. Statistically this has proven to be a weak but >rand tell.
This is another scum tell I missed. Passeger wants to be percieved as reasonable.
I want to be perceived as reasonable because I stated an objective, statistical fact?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:34 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Teaser: my wallpost tomorrow contains advice that no protectives visit me tonight. Skim my posts at your own peril.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”