Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 813, Fuchs~ wrote:
In post 797, Childs~ wrote:When we're ready we can vote Windows.
Which was apparently made while still mid catching up on the day's posts.
The guilty on Windows was the first post of the day phase?

Obviously
, while I was catching up, no fucking duh we're not ready to end the day by voting Windows.

But from the very first post of the day, there's an obvious choice for the elimination.

So like.

I don't see what the issue is?

I'm not voting Windows yet, because we're obviously still not ready.

But like. Windows is definitely the elimination.
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

In post 822, Childs~ wrote:
In post 812, Fuchs~ wrote:But I am not confident that you are you, and therefore, think I would prefer we kill Palmer first.
Yeah fuck that.

If you push Palmer through I'm gunning for you (haha*) after the fact. I can't literally shoot you since my shot is hard-locked to Windows then, but I ain't gonna let that stand.

(*technically, my vig flavor is a flamethrower, not a gun, but...)
This post also does not make me feel better about childs
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by MacReady~ »

In post 772, Windows~ wrote:
In post 748, Blair~ wrote:faking a guilty is one of those things i would love to do in this game because you can always abandon your slot after the fact. I also felt kind of susp of Palmer on day one to begin with - I think there is a good chance the convo between Palmer and Clark at beginning of day was badly done scum theatre
I hope Childs is town because Palmer needs shooting after I flip town.
For those who aren't me (I know I'm town) is it likely town cop investigates someone who is under suspicion from D1 and therefore a reasonable possibility of assimilating away? Compared with getting an inno on someone more likely to still be themselves today?
I don't think you were under so much suspicion
(Although I admit between you and Lars I think it's more likely you would have assimilated)

UNVOTE:
I still scumread Windows, more just giving a larger buffer to give time to discuss etc
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

In post 824, Palmer~ wrote:Whatever, the order of business is still convincing you all I'm town.
Palmer, to be frank with you, I can very little about your alignment at the moment, because my planning and sorting for you and windows hinges pretty heavily around Childs.

So, focusing there is by far the more important thing to me, and you come later.

What are your thoughts about whether childs is childs?
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 815, Fuchs~ wrote:You turning my concerns into a threat against me sure does not make me feel better about you that is for sure.
Well, tough.

I'm the one with the gun and if you fucking force me to use it on a target I don't fucking want to use it on by eliminating someone I have full confidence in being town:

You get to deal with the fucking consequences.

I get that I was wrong when I was really fucking sure in Clarke being town.

But that doesn't stop me from having absolute fury if I actually AM right.

There'd be HELL to pay today if Clarke had flipped town.

And there will be HELL to pay tomorrow if you manage to eliminate Palmer.
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by MacReady~ »

In post 778, Windows~ wrote:They're just trying to rush a guilty through I think? In the knowledge Childs won't kill Palmer because Lars is Childs.
Yeah but then we'd lim Childs tomorrow
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by Palmer~ »

In post 828, Fuchs~ wrote:because my planning and sorting for you and windows hinges pretty heavily around Childs.
Why? Even if Childs has been assimilated, that doesn't instantly make me scum or Windows town.

My current thoughts are that Childs is still town.
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

In post 829, Childs~ wrote:if you fucking force me to use it on a target I don't fucking want to use it on by eliminating someone I have full confidence in being town
This sentence really says "If you force me to use it on a target I don't want to use it on (said target being confirmed scum in the hypothetical scenario)" lmao
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 819, Fuchs~ wrote:There is a missing kill, and we have to all out if we are a protective. If there is a protective, then it is now uncertain if we childs even is scum, or if the kill was stopped, and the protective is outed. If there is not a protective, then we kill Childs dies. I see that that last line would be a pretty strong deterrent for you to do this gambit, and that is part of why I am still thinking and have not voted. If we do go the route of killing Windows first and he flips town, it is important that any protectives out there holster tonight.
For the record I really wanna shoot Fuchs at this point tbh.

I'm not interested in sharing my thoughts on protectives in light of the mailman and cop claims.

There's reasonable caution to be had, sure--but there's a difference between "reasonable caution" and "trying to salvage the scumteam that is in shambles".

And Fuchs pushing the idea that I'm a scum Lars is crossing into the latter.
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by MacReady~ »

In post 783, Childs~ wrote:
In post 728, MacReady~ wrote:Childs has some explaining to do.
Well, I was wrong, not much more to say about it than that. :P
You're
probably
town but the whole 'staunchly defending the limmed scum' thing does give me some doubts

If you were in the game at the time Clarke claimed I would firmly believe you to be partners with them. The only reason I'm not actively scumreading you is because you repped in after the claim was made
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:03 pm

Post by MacReady~ »

In post 784, Windows~ wrote:Also for those of you who believe Palmer how do you explain the nightkill? It would be pretty dumb of me to kill Lars since he was townreading me. Definitely more so than some others
I still think there's a chance he assimilated
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 821, Windows~ wrote:Are you saying you being alive today is proof you're town?
I was gonna write a confused "...No?" to this and explain it, but then I realized who the author was and that I'm talking to literal confscum here. :P

If non-confscum wanna seriously suggest that was what I was saying, then I can clarify, but suffice to say: no, that's not what I was saying.
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

In post 831, Palmer~ wrote:
In post 828, Fuchs~ wrote:because my planning and sorting for you and windows hinges pretty heavily around Childs.
Why? Even if Childs has been assimilated, that doesn't instantly make me scum or Windows town..
Because Thing!Childs drastically changes the calculus on whether you would do this, and also determines if we have a second shot into the Palmer/Windows pair if we get it wrong.

Making that my prioriry.

We have plenty of time for me to work through my thoughts on Childs, and then still have time to work through my thoughts on the two of you.
My current thoughts are that Childs is still town
Based off of what?
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:06 pm

Post by Palmer~ »

In post 837, Fuchs~ wrote:Based off of what?
Based off the fact that they have been consistently putting out posts that exactly match the tone I'd expect them to have, and they've also been doing it real-time and with content that obviously isn't pre-prepared?
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 826, Fuchs~ wrote:This post also does not make me feel better about childs
It should; I literally fucking claimed flavor for my role that I didn't claim at all D1.

My vig is a flamethrower.

Point me to where I said that D1 because I'm pretty damn sure I didn't say what my flavor was D1.
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by MacReady~ »

In post 795, Fuchs~ wrote:Do you think that cop+vig+mailman all fit in this game together? And if they are all in the game together, do you think that that is the full extent of our PRs?
It almost feels to me like that should be all the PRs
Maybe they were told a jailkeeper would be a reasonable fakeclaim? I don't recall Peta's feelings on giving scum fakeclaims tho
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:09 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

In post 833, Childs~ wrote:
In post 819, Fuchs~ wrote:There is a missing kill, and we have to all out if we are a protective. If there is a protective, then it is now uncertain if we childs even is scum, or if the kill was stopped, and the protective is outed. If there is not a protective, then we kill Childs dies. I see that that last line would be a pretty strong deterrent for you to do this gambit, and that is part of why I am still thinking and have not voted. If we do go the route of killing Windows first and he flips town, it is important that any protectives out there holster tonight.
For the record I really wanna shoot Fuchs at this point tbh.

I'm not interested in sharing my thoughts on protectives in light of the mailman and cop claims.

There's reasonable caution to be had, sure--but there's a difference between "reasonable caution" and "trying to salvage the scumteam that is in shambles".

And Fuchs pushing the idea that I'm a scum Lars is crossing into the latter.
See, you are not even asking if it makes sense for town to be worried about your assimilation.

Despite you literally being a claimed pr who was fairly widely town read, and Lars being unclaimed and only mildly town read

Of course I should be considering that possibility.

And furthermore, you are the person who said : we need to comb over people's posts to check for assimilation. But then don't even consider the fact that I did just that to spot the emoji discrepency, or to think whether it makes since for a townie, who saw that, to be concerned.
Palmer~
Palmer~
Townie
Palmer~
Townie
Townie

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:09 pm

Post by Palmer~ »

In post 837, Fuchs~ wrote:Because Thing!Childs drastically changes the calculus on whether you would do this
Does it? Even if we got Windows eliminated Today, we'd have to do the whole "Palmer peaces out, Childs claims to shoot Palmer" scenario. Which I didn't even think of, but obviously you don't have to believe me. And then Childs very probably gets eliminated anyway.
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 832, Fuchs~ wrote:
In post 829, Childs~ wrote:if you fucking force me to use it on a target I don't fucking want to use it on by eliminating someone I have full confidence in being town
This sentence really says "If you force me to use it on a target I don't want to use it on (said target being confirmed scum in the hypothetical scenario)" lmao
Yeah no fucking shit.

If I am forced to vig someone I wanted to eliminate, I'm gonna be fucking pissed.

Also, whoops, I think that in having said that I accidentally slipped what my gate was. :P

To be clear, I'm one-shot. A 1-shot Novice Vigilante.

Once, I vig a player with a flamethrower, but can't use it N1. And yeah, it's written into the role PM itself that the target's alignment won't flip. (I wanted to check with the mod about that yesterday, before realizing it was in the original role PM itself and thus, that I didn't need to ask the mod.)

I probably shouldn't have revealed that, but I accidentally let it slip with giving away that I couldn't kill after making a vig N2, so...oops?
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by MacReady~ »

In post 814, Childs~ wrote:. That means I, as scum, would be forced to "prove" it at some point, and eventually, be unable to.
This was your logic for keeping scum-Clarke alive indefinitely as well ...
This only works if I know you're town. I believe you're you, but I don't know what alignment you started with
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

I went back to see if Childs reads on windows and Palmer day 1 carried over, and realized that every alignment post about both of those slots came before the childs replacement, and is therefore useless information.

Anyways.

As I have said a couple times, at this point I kind of want to stop and think through my immediate paranoia
MacReady~
MacReady~
Goon
MacReady~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by MacReady~ »

In post 822, Childs~ wrote:
In post 812, Fuchs~ wrote:But I am not confident that you are you, and therefore, think I would prefer we kill Palmer first.
Yeah fuck that.

If you push Palmer through I'm gunning for you (haha*) after the fact. I can't literally shoot you since my shot is hard-locked to Windows then, but I ain't gonna let that stand.

(*technically, my vig flavor is a flamethrower, not a gun, but...)
To be clear, if you target anyone outside of the other half of the 50-50 tonight in the event of a townflip I will do my best to lim you tomorrow
Childs~
Childs~
Goon
Childs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by Childs~ »

In post 838, Palmer~ wrote:
In post 837, Fuchs~ wrote:Based off of what?
Based off the fact that they have been consistently putting out posts that exactly match the tone I'd expect them to have, and they've also been doing it real-time and with content that obviously isn't pre-prepared?
To be fair, it doesn't take much for someone to fake what they feel to be me.

It's just that if they weren't actually me, they wouldn't be able to pull off the all of me that I am. There's only one me, and only I can do me properly. Because it's me, natch. :P
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

In post 843, Childs~ wrote:
In post 832, Fuchs~ wrote:
Yeah no fucking shit.

If I am forced to vig someone I wanted to eliminate, I'm gonna be fucking pissed.

Also, whoops, I think that in having said that I accidentally slipped what my gate was. :P

To be clear, I'm one-shot. A 1-shot Novice Vigilante.

Once, I vig a player with a flamethrower, but can't use it N1. And yeah, it's written into the role PM itself that the target's alignment won't flip. (I wanted to check with the mod about that yesterday, before realizing it was in the original role PM itself and thus, that I didn't need to ask the mod.)

I probably shouldn't have revealed that, but I accidentally let it slip with giving away that I couldn't kill after making a vig N2, so...oops?
How did your clark plan work if you were one shot?
In post 684, Childs~ wrote:If I shoot and my target doesn't die, my shot failed due to a town PR--Clark, in this case.

Whenever that happens, Clark cannot be scum.
If my shot fails N2, Clark is town.
If my shot fails N3, Clark is town.
If my shot fails N4, Clark is town.
Every night my shot fails, Clark is confirmed to be town.

If Clark is alive and my shot ever succeeds--then Clark is confirmed to be scum.
Because this immediately stops working after night 2 if you really are 1 shot...
Fuchs~
Fuchs~
Goon
Fuchs~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Fuchs~ »

In post 694, Childs~ wrote:
In post 632, MacReady~ wrote:On a different note: Childs, if Clark is scum, how/when do you propose taking care of the slot?
The day my shot succeeds, obviously. Or if Clark shows up dead N1
Like, you were asked point blank when your plan reveals a clark assimilation, and your answer does not make any sense if you are 1 shot

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”