Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:24 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Do you not have opinions on the post I'm talking about?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:26 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1074, Thestatusquo wrote:It does though. Why would I lie about conflicted feelings in my read as either alignment?
As scum, you might be sensing a softening of GL sentiment from andres and seeing you might need to hedge eventually. I think what you're saying doesn't make a lot of sense, especially since you just insisted after this that GL *has* to be king in your view, but whatever
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:32 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I mostly answered that way to see if you would switch to try to appease me.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:35 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1075, Thestatusquo wrote:Do you not have opinions on the post I'm talking about?
Idk, I just went back and read it and I don't think the luke scum read was out of left field. GL had kind of indicated prior to that he was suss of Luke.

And later GL backs off a bit and is expressing some of the self doubt you seem to be saying is characteristic of him. I don't think GL's read there bothers me much. Could be a little paranoid, but luke is also a good player, so paranoia is reasonable to me.
YOUR AD HERE

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:36 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think the claim that I would be so interested in slightly influencing one person as scum for an elim that does not even happen today that somehow I as scum would throw my whole fake progression in the garbage in order to slightly lean in that direction while still voting GL for king and thats more likely than "reads are usually pretty messy and pulled in different directions" is kind of an absurd take I'm not gunna lie.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:42 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Hey Shea what can i do to make you think im scum this game
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:53 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I was actually just considering if I wanted to vote you king tbh.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:57 pm

Post by Firebringer »

This is the worst timeline
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:00 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Theres no way you would want me as king. Trying to troll me.
ur trying to egg on my own paranoia of you with this. Its a counter troll uno reverse.
Well played.
Show

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:12 pm

Post by Datisi »

of course there are 10 pages the day my schedule is shit, ok let's see how far i can skim in half an hour

@andres, i'll read your full responses later because i am not able to focus right now, but this did catch my eye:
In post 866, Andresvmb wrote:In any case, I’ll try and spend some time thinking through your slot specifically because I’m starting to get concerned that your SR is making it so that multiple players (more than a few of which I think are Town) are not even considering me for their Councils and I’m finding it rather confusing.
i was under the impression that most people fully ignored my read on you? what made you think i'm actually having an impression on like, anyone yet

---

is a very good post and i am not biased at all hehehe
In post 892, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 831, Datisi wrote:shea and junko have definitely been *present*, but nothing about them jumped at me yet
do you have any thoughts about Shea here vs Shea in Pictures? now that Pictures is done I will say that I thought Shea felt a lot more reasonable and less performative to me in this game than in Pictures where I thought they were scum, but hahahah whoops Shea was town in Pictures and I'm wondering if this is possibly another Ari situation where I should be careful about townreading someone I found more transparent/agreeable in one game vs another.

I still don't suspect anything Shea has posted but curious if you have any thoughts at all between the two games, or is that just not worth thinking about yet at this stage
i'mma keep it real with you chief, after i died and learned that he's town, i repressed his play from my memory

i would agree that he seems more... calm and reasonable in this game, but i'm not willing to call that alignment indicative yet vs just different gamestates, especially since we didn't see shea's early game play in pictures

i can make a more detailed comparison tonight if you want, but saying in advance that i don't think i'll get significant results

---
In post 895, Lukewarm wrote:VP Baltar is largely vibes feeling right, but I also like his advocacy for Andres king, who I also think is town. Also felt good to see him point out the same Datisi post that I did.
this feels very much like trying to pocket baltar. baltar's and luke's reactions to that post of mine were not similar at all

also, i find it really dubious that that *one* line from me that luke considers empty engagement would actually shoot me down in the bottomest tier in his reads

(also dwlee uses they/them)

---
In post 951, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 471, Datisi wrote:also the tinfoily part of my brain is telling me that if you were scum, *someone* in your scumteam would know andante and warn you that she's basically an omgus machine and also that she is just like that as town and so it's not worth the struggle in early game... but tinfoiling
actually I guess Datisi said this exact thing earlier

hmmmmm were you referencing this at all @Luke?
that was explaining why i was townreading dannflor, not why i was townreading andante? like, assuming andante is town, i didn't think it's very likely scum-dann goes for her early game... why is that line relevant to the current conversation?

oh wait, this wasn't discussing the read on me, i'm dumb nvm

---
In post 962, mastina wrote:Alright, I'm starting to see Datisi town more strongly now!
why for that post?

---
In post 980, Rhaenyra wrote:What is wrong with YOU? Why do you feel the need to act condescendingly towards everyone who disagrees with you? Town should work together, not try to discourage different opinions.
this is starting to feel like scum playing too heavily into their role that they didn't realize what they're actually saying makes no sense

also i actually got good vibes from a few posts of shea around here so that's cool

---
In post 1026, Andresvmb wrote:I think Luke is Town.
why?

---
In post 1027, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 734, Datisi wrote:
In post 732, Dwlee99 wrote:You contradicted yourself on a townread on someone else by not townreading me
do you genuinely think that this actually makes me scum?

and unowen - i'm p sure baltar did say so in this game already, but you can ask them if you don't believe me
mildly yes
k this is not a real read

---

ok i'm caught up, and by caught up i mean in the last 3 pages, i skipped every post that was longer than 10 words, but uhh

i find it kind of entertaining that i was getting weird looks for voting vpb king and all of a sudden there's new votes for vpb king but such is life (i still support it obv)

tl;dr slightly leaning more scum on rhae and dwlee, more town on shea

i will be around here and there classposting today if anyone urgently needs me
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:09 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

ok so my partner and I wound up watching a bunch of Love is Blind so I didn't get to this as early as I wanted to, it's gonna be a lot lighter on the explanation / analysis than I hoped for now but I still wanted to get it out there and can flesh these out proper later

town
: {Andres, VPB, TSQ, mastina, FB}
prob town? wouldn't lim today, maybe a deep wolf in here that I don't think I'd catch with no info and no flips
: {Andante, Datisi, Dann, LLD}

has kinda pinged me scummy for one or two things but isn't my top priority
: {Junkochan, UNOwen, Enchant, Rhaenyra, Titus}
has left literally no impression on me whatsoever, would lim on that basis
: {Charloux, Drapion, Penguin Power}
scummy people I would lim
: {Bellaphant, Lukewarm, Dwlee}

I don't like the current state of my Not Townreads, there are too many of them and I'd like to find some more town, so my goal tomorrow will be working to narrow that pool. my top tier is people I would want as King/councilmembers at the moment

to dish real quick on characters of note in the lower half:

- Junkochan lost a lot of points for attempting to bait/rile up Rhaenyra and Andante in and , idk if she was just in a Mood but that struck me as active shit-stirring in a way I Did Not Like

- UNOwen I'm mostly struggling to square his idea that VPB was undercutting/posturing with his council picks, that feels way too uncharitable to what seems like a pretty natural thing for VPB (or any player really) to do as either alignment

- Enchant and Titus just aren't giving me townvibes at all yet and I know they're capable of doing that as town. Titus in particular feels a little cagey and diplomatic compared to my usual vibe from her.

- Rhaenyra should probably just be in the town tier, I dunno if I can explain why in a satisfactory way but the spat with Titus and then in particular gave me some strong town vibes. however the mastina thing went on juuuust long enough that I'm not 100% convinced it couldn't possibly be an act still, and I def don't want Rhaenyra in any position of power. I also do find it kind of odd she's burned through so many of her posts already, I think that's probably not intentional nor a devious ploy but it is pretty objectively anti-town bc she won't be able to communicate about anything soon

- Bellaphant just feels really detached so far and none of the reads she's given give me the impression of someone who has any urgency/motive to solve

- Luke on the other hand still feels like all his reasoning is either straight up missing context or not considering obvious alternatives, his logic feels very motivated/agenda-y/backwards-derived to me. I did recently misread Luke in another game so I'm hesitant to go full throttle on this but he's given me the worst vibes by far with the overly explanatory LLD townread based on (imo) flimsy justification and lacking any visible doubt/paranoia, the extremely bad Datisi shade where he took Datisi wildly out of context, the busywork null read on Dann, it all just feels like pretend solving to me

- I didn't like Dwlee's pushes on either Datisi or Dann, and I especially didn't like the casual naked vote on me to be King. There are several players voicing some doubt or suspicion on me, why isn't Dwlee engaging with any of them?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:10 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Datisi I still didn't read HDP so I still have the as homework to get back to ya
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:16 pm

Post by Datisi »

it's cool i am running late on homework for this game too

why am i in prob town
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:25 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1087, Datisi wrote:it's cool i am running late on homework for this game too

why am i in prob town
honestly it's mainly just a few posts of yours that ping in a weird and strong way that doesn't usually happen when you're town. I called out one earlier with how you engaged with Fire, another was which mastina also pointed out. and I think we should talk a bit more about Andres cause from a birds eye view I didn't like that kinda maybe feels like a time and place where scum needs to undercut town!Andres being universally TR'd and made king or some other high power position, so the agenda is a bit eyebrow raising. but I also probably just don't really fully follow your reasoning, like how do you think town!Andres would post about you if he were genuinely unsure/uncertain of his read?
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:32 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

@GuiltyLion , oh I was definetly in a mood, I chill down a bit now, but now I'm watching your reads and I have a question

since you have andante in your "I wouldn't lim today but they can be wolves" what do you think about andante read progression? do you think it's natural for her to drop her scumread on me without adressing it, and follow up to that it's another question on me that lead to nothing?

her argument is that those reads were far away from eachother but I don't think you can just forget something that happened recently in irl time
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:35 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1088, GuiltyLion wrote:and I think we should talk a bit more about Andres cause from a birds eye view I didn't like 673 that kinda maybe feels like a time and place where scum needs to undercut town!Andres being universally TR'd and made king or some other high power position, so the agenda is a bit eyebrow raising.
I think the thing for me, and this answers your earlier question to me Datisi, is that that read seems very particular to the point of being something only Datisi can interpret. Andres should be having a solid Datisi read sooner is kind of like...OK? Maybe he just hasn't gotten a vibe on Datisi yet. I didn't find it super compelling as a case or even a reason to doubt andres right now. Maybe I'm just dumb. Like I said, Datisi had a better read of andres in that scum game of andres', but the read just seems to be making a lot of assumptions around 100% play consistency (which datisi does sometimes).

Overall, I think they're both probably town, but my confidence is lower in Datisi.

Dats, if you don't get king, is there another council role you feel like you definitely want?
YOUR AD HERE

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:37 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

read to on Andante's iso and tell me if that doesn't look weird

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:38 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 1088, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1087, Datisi wrote:it's cool i am running late on homework for this game too

why am i in prob town
honestly it's mainly just a few posts of yours that ping in a weird and strong way that doesn't usually happen when you're town. I called out one earlier with how you engaged with Fire, another was which mastina also pointed out. and I think we should talk a bit more about Andres cause from a birds eye view I didn't like that kinda maybe feels like a time and place where scum needs to undercut town!Andres being universally TR'd and made king or some other high power position, so the agenda is a bit eyebrow raising. but I also probably just don't really fully follow your reasoning, like how do you think town!Andres would post about you if he were genuinely unsure/uncertain of his read?
oh no, i didn't mean the question as "why am i so low", i meant it as "why am i so high" because i'm not recalling a single positive thing you've said about my alignment this game (i'm not counting disliking luke's reasons for scum-me)

i will be talking more about andres soon since i do owe him a few responses... but it's difficult to put the andres read into words that make sense to others as they make sense to myself. but one vibe that i felt is that he seems to not really townread me but also expect to townread me? like the "i want you to get into a shitfight" seems tmi as if he expects that i will town it up at some point
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:40 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

@Junko - Have you played with andante before?
YOUR AD HERE

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:41 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 1090, VP Baltar wrote:Dats, if you don't get king, is there another council role you feel like you definitely want?
i haven't processed all the roles yet, i want them all to be public knowledge so that i can compare them at the same time.

from what i know of them, i think i don't want the person who picks the guards because that seems like too much stress

i don't currently remember what the others are and i cannot focus enough to check atm
~M
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:06 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 1093, VP Baltar wrote:@Junko - Have you played with andante before?
never

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:09 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 1094, Datisi wrote:
In post 1090, VP Baltar wrote:Dats, if you don't get king, is there another council role you feel like you definitely want?
i haven't processed all the roles yet, i want them all to be public knowledge so that i can compare them at the same time.

from what i know of them, i think i don't want the person who picks the guards because that seems like too much stress

i don't currently remember what the others are and i cannot focus enough to check atm
heir: becomes king when kings die, inherits king abilities
hand: cop
commander: picks the kingsguard, kingsguard can overthrow the king if more than 50% of them want to
keeper of coin: gives the PR's coins that they need to use their abilities
keeper of law: jailkeeper

if we follow the trend we probably will have a doctor and maybe a vigilante?

Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:33 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

Could someone give me reasons why mastina would be a bad King? Preferably ones that don't boil down to 'her playstyle is bad' or any variation thereof?
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:39 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

Also, why didn't any of you think to ask me for my reasoning why she'd make a good King? No, you just dismissed them as inane rather than looking at them objectively.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:44 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1098, Rhaenyra wrote:Also, why didn't any of you think to ask me for my reasoning why she'd make a good King? No, you just dismissed them as inane rather than looking at them objectively.
I am better king, why you didn't ask my reasoning and just started promoting Mastina?

Also, person who replies with SHUT UP are not by any means are valid target for civil conversation.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”