Mini 2286: Legends of the Hidden Temple IV (Explorers Win!)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:49 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 186, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I don’t understand the Ythan read at all? Duckling’s opening was underwhelming so eh? Waiting and seeing on Gamma. I would probably tl Ceph if I wasn’t paranoid of the tr, since he couldn’t tell I was town in LOST.
fair enough, take your time.

that game is definitely informing how i approach reading you in this one.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:49 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 197, Aisa wrote:Gamma is channeling her inner RH9!! :D
In post 184, Aisa wrote:What makes you think he wants to avoid scrutiny?
Still looking for a response to this if poss, Flea
Thought I'd responded to this, sorry.

is the main one in thread, combined with seeminly no mention of you at all in game but happily reading out and mentioning others. Feels very much cards close to chest and I don't like it honestly.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:50 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 196, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 187, furtiveglance wrote:I don't think I'd want to 'avoid finding out Aisa's alignment' even if I was mafia - really unsure of what you're accusing me of with that one.

I don't think interrogating someone in a PT is conducive to reading them for alignment, nor do I have enough of a read on Aisa yet to declare and evidence it for the whole group. I'd say a townlean so far based on them feeling similar to previous games. If that read was more negative then I'd be more worried about my teammate, which seems fairly obvious to me.

If I had to guess, Flea, I'd say you're deliberately making quite dubious statements about me that you don't even believe, in order to try and sort me by my response. I recently read the endgame of Chromavalon, you seemed to think I was obvious by virtue of passivity (and your role). I think you're town for this, but I don't have confidence that you'll read me correctly, since I called you town when I was scum in that game.
You know I love a good game of screw around and find out.
Thing here is, you don't mention your partner at all. Nothing, nada, ziltch. But you're happy throwing out reads on most others.

I think I already answered this in that I'm more interested in projecting my scumreads than townreads. My vocal reads have mostly been scumreads, and the townleans I shared (Yume and Nancy) are about at the same level as my townlean on Aisa.

Also this.
In post 166, furtiveglance wrote:I think focusing on elimination is the most important thing in any game, we can't leave like in a dance game so I don't see why it's particularly important to read your teammate correctly
I think the opposite. I think it's vital to sort your teammate. Thats the person you either need to defend or push hard because of how eliminations work in this setup. PTs I think are vital to helping learn to read a person, guards are usually a little further down, especially given you've entered this as a team.

As I said before, if I start scumreading Aisa, I'll raise the alarm. But so far, I'm not.

Chromavalon was a while ago, and how my brain works has changed a lot since. For one thing that I can have a Bionic Text thing on this makes reading it a hell of a lot easier for me.

Curious how you twist that I don't believe what i'm saying, one of my things for mafia is I do my best to remain as truthful as possible and I mean what I say.
Unsure how you're not seeing the conviction here.
I just thought it was a really strange stretch to imply I didn't want to sort my teammate for a usually reasonable user. Of course I want to sort everyone, but my priority sorts are always scumreads.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:55 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 198, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 196, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 187, furtiveglance wrote:I don't think I'd want to 'avoid finding out Aisa's alignment' even if I was mafia - really unsure of what you're accusing me of with that one.

I don't think interrogating someone in a PT is conducive to reading them for alignment, nor do I have enough of a read on Aisa yet to declare and evidence it for the whole group. I'd say a townlean so far based on them feeling similar to previous games. If that read was more negative then I'd be more worried about my teammate, which seems fairly obvious to me.

If I had to guess, Flea, I'd say you're deliberately making quite dubious statements about me that you don't even believe, in order to try and sort me by my response. I recently read the endgame of Chromavalon, you seemed to think I was obvious by virtue of passivity (and your role). I think you're town for this, but I don't have confidence that you'll read me correctly, since I called you town when I was scum in that game.
You know I love a good game of screw around and find out.
Thing here is, you don't mention your partner at all. Nothing, nada, ziltch. But you're happy throwing out reads on most others.
Also this.
In post 166, furtiveglance wrote:I think focusing on elimination is the most important thing in any game, we can't leave like in a dance game so I don't see why it's particularly important to read your teammate correctly
I think the opposite. I think it's vital to sort your teammate. Thats the person you either need to defend or push hard because of how eliminations work in this setup. PTs I think are vital to helping learn to read a person, guards are usually a little further down, especially given you've entered this as a team.

Chromavalon was a while ago, and how my brain works has changed a lot since. For one thing that I can have a Bionic Text thing on this makes reading it a hell of a lot easier for me.

Curious how you twist that I don't believe what i'm saying, one of my things for mafia is I do my best to remain as truthful as possible and I mean what I say.
Unsure how you're not seeing the conviction here.
+1

I 100% agree. Reading your teammate is the most important thing because if you trust your teammate than your hood can be like a masonry but if you don’t, then you’d want to be very careful, like I don’t see how that’s not obvious?

Also, only each teammate has info available to only them because they’re the only ones who can see the pt. Like had I had access to Taly/Bell pt in LOST, I would have 100% wanted Taly to eat rope because they were very scummy in the pt but not really so much in the main thread.
@furtive, this is why correctly reading your teammate ought to be your top priority. Not saying you don’t give equal priority to srs.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 185, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 181, Aisa wrote:
In post 171, Flea The Magician wrote:I think it's weak sauce. it's skimmed milk - dyed water.
Ironically comes labelled with red.

Considering our teammates are potentially scum, we need to get the feel on them asap as far as I'm bothered, I promise you Nancy and me will be constantly checking each other.

Treating this as some weird open-hydra thing sets bells off for me. Is your PT active?
In post 172, Flea The Magician wrote:My priority currently is working out Nancys alignment.
If I think she's red, I'll be open about it and encourage challenges on us for it.
If I think she's green, its hydra time.
I agree there's a mechanical reason to prioritise sorting your partner, since challenging a team also impacts your partner. I think having a good read on your partner is one resource and there are paths to winning that don't involve that.

Is your accusation that furtive is too chill about my alignment or something else?

The PT has 8 posts between me and furtive. I'd call it moderately active, we haven't solved string theory yet, but hey, maybe by the end of the game.
:lol: @ string theory. If you don’t find extraterrestrial life on Pluto and renaming it’s rightful planet status, we’re yeeting both of your asses.
Have you seen Rick and Morty? That remark looks conspicuously like the B-plot to one of the episodes iirc
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don't know what you mean by this
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:00 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

like I'm guessing it's a good thing but I've not seen RH9 play a lot so my context on that is low
<Embrace The Void>

Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:01 pm

Post by Aisa »

Ah, sorry - RH9's says "I see" often. I thought it was a fun coincidence.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

More than most people? it's a pretty common phrase.

Also I have some form of read on everyone except tw rn
<Embrace The Void>

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:14 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 204, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 185, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 181, Aisa wrote:
In post 171, Flea The Magician wrote:I think it's weak sauce. it's skimmed milk - dyed water.
Ironically comes labelled with red.

Considering our teammates are potentially scum, we need to get the feel on them asap as far as I'm bothered, I promise you Nancy and me will be constantly checking each other.

Treating this as some weird open-hydra thing sets bells off for me. Is your PT active?
In post 172, Flea The Magician wrote:My priority currently is working out Nancys alignment.
If I think she's red, I'll be open about it and encourage challenges on us for it.
If I think she's green, its hydra time.
I agree there's a mechanical reason to prioritise sorting your partner, since challenging a team also impacts your partner. I think having a good read on your partner is one resource and there are paths to winning that don't involve that.

Is your accusation that furtive is too chill about my alignment or something else?

The PT has 8 posts between me and furtive. I'd call it moderately active, we haven't solved string theory yet, but hey, maybe by the end of the game.
:lol: @ string theory. If you don’t find extraterrestrial life on Pluto and renaming it’s rightful planet status, we’re yeeting both of your asses.
Have you seen Rick and Morty? That remark looks conspicuously like the B-plot to one of the episodes iirc
No unfortunately I haven’t. I don’t have paid cable. But interesting catch then. Don’t know whether that necessarily means anything AI though.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:17 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 208, Gamma Emerald wrote:More than most people? it's a pretty common phrase.

Hopefully I can read him. I caught him as obvscum in Pokemon Battles.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:19 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

who was he in that one? I was in Pokemon Battles and don't remember him in it
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think you meant pokemon large theme? I remember he was wooper in that one
<Embrace The Void>

Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:30 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 183, Flea The Magician wrote:My accusation is furtive already seems to want to avoid scrutiny and seems to want to avoid finding out your alignment. There's either a mechanical blunder here, or badly disguised intent. I remember him being a little stronger on both sides so I'm going to start throwing accusations and see what sticks for now. ftr The Blue Barracudas have 11 and we're already comparing reads. I've only been active today.
Ok - thanks for patiently answering my questions. Here's how I see it.

I don't think furtive is quite avoiding scrutiny - my impression is that he's pretty null on seeking vs avoiding scrutiny. He isn't exactly running around screaming for people to engage with him, but he answers questions. You could argue he's possibly trying to avoid scrutiny by saying he doesn't have a read on me yet, but I find the way he's talked about it quite natural. In fact, I'm pretty sure I have said something very close to "I don't have a strong read on Player X yet, why would I state a read on them out loud" in a game as Town before.

Funnily, the word "passive" came to mind before furtive mentioned it. I think "furtive is being a little passive" feels like a more precise read of the situation than "furtive committed a mechanical blunder".
In post 201, Flea The Magician wrote:

is the main one in thread, combined with seeminly no mention of you at all in game but happily reading out and mentioning others. Feels very much cards close to chest and I don't like it honestly.
It also sounds like you suspect furtive of keeping his cards close to his chest
specifically with regards to my slot
. In order for this to be scum indicative, IMO, you need to have some theory for what makes scum!furtive specifically want to play his cards close to his chest
with regards to me
. Granted, I think there are reasons scum could do this, but I can also think of reasons town would do this.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:35 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 208, Gamma Emerald wrote:More than most people? it's a pretty common phrase.

I think so, though I guess these kinds of impressions can be pretty evanescent and subjective. I don't think of it as a bad thing at all FWIW!
I'd still like to apologise for bringing up RH9 without him being here and would like to drop this now.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:41 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 211, Gamma Emerald wrote:who was he in that one? I was in Pokemon Battles and don't remember him in it
In post 212, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think you meant pokemon large theme? I remember he was wooper in that one
Yeah, did I get the name wrong? I played in 2 Pokemon games, one in Pooky hydra and that other one with Marashu and Auro.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

he was in the marashu + auro hydra one
<Embrace The Void>

Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:48 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 213, Aisa wrote:Funnily, the word "passive" came to mind before furtive mentioned it. I think "furtive is being a little passive" feels like a more precise read of the situation than "furtive committed a mechanical blunder".
As in, I think his behaviour may be simply be the result of having limited time and not valuing sorting his teammate as much as Nancy or Flea do.

I've touched on this, but I think that there are multiple ways a Townie can make themselves useful in this setup. The neighbourhood is definitely a resource, but having a nullread on your teammate and good reads on the rest of the playerlist would also be very helpful.

In short, I guess that the accusation Flea is levelling here is that furtive doesn't seem to prioritise sorting me, but I don't see how that's scum-indicative.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:48 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 216, Gamma Emerald wrote:he was in the marashu + auro hydra one
I know but what I was wondering from your post is if I got the game title wrong, although it doesn’t matter since we’re both talking about the same game.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:49 pm

Post by the worst »

alright here in body today, let's do this.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:53 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 219, the worst wrote:alright here in body today, let's do this.
Any reads so far @duckling?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:57 pm

Post by the worst »

catching up RIGHT!! NOW

first impressions i'm like yume for town.

positive energy reads on you (nancy) + mastina so far also.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:59 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 213, Aisa wrote:
In post 183, Flea The Magician wrote:My accusation is furtive already seems to want to avoid scrutiny and seems to want to avoid finding out your alignment. There's either a mechanical blunder here, or badly disguised intent. I remember him being a little stronger on both sides so I'm going to start throwing accusations and see what sticks for now. ftr The Blue Barracudas have 11 and we're already comparing reads. I've only been active today.
Ok - thanks for patiently answering my questions. Here's how I see it.

I don't think furtive is quite avoiding scrutiny - my impression is that he's pretty null on seeking vs avoiding scrutiny. He isn't exactly running around screaming for people to engage with him, but he answers questions. You could argue he's possibly trying to avoid scrutiny by saying he doesn't have a read on me yet, but I find the way he's talked about it quite natural. In fact, I'm pretty sure I have said something very close to "I don't have a strong read on Player X yet, why would I state a read on them out loud" in a game as Town before.

Funnily, the word "passive" came to mind before furtive mentioned it. I think "furtive is being a little passive" feels like a more precise read of the situation than "furtive committed a mechanical blunder".
In post 201, Flea The Magician wrote:

It also sounds like you suspect furtive of keeping his cards close to his chest
specifically with regards to my slot
. In order for this to be scum indicative, IMO, you need to have some theory for what makes scum!furtive specifically want to play his cards close to his chest
with regards to me
. Granted, I think there are reasons scum could do this, but I can also think of reasons town would do this.
And with your team. It's possible for both members of the team to be scumbuddies and generally an early tactic is often to not bring any light onto your buddies. The absence of you from his ISO screams louder than anything else there, and it caught my attention.

The music of this awe
Deep silence between the notes
Deafens me with endless love

And I was wondering why. While I've given no indication of any sort of reads, I've definitely made mention of Nancy, that I recall others have made a decent spread of who they're talking about and too as well.
The play and wording feels restrictive and hidden. I remember having this issue with furtive before that I didn't like their word choices and flow for having this kind of issue, and I did try to overlook it but something is sticking with me about this.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:02 pm

Post by the worst »

does uh anyone have a read on megazu
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him