Mini Theme 2290: Open ChatGPT - Game Over

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:32 am

Post by biancospino »

Why are you answering to that question? Not only it was for Imaginality, but you did not signal in this thread any actual averseness to hydrae, so it shouldn't even be relevant to you
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:58 am

Post by BloodB0t »

Oops, I thought it was addressed to me because of the quote.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:01 am

Post by biancospino »

Your answer implies that you were willing to specifically vote for an hydra, otherwise the question would not have applied to you anyway. I don't see any evidence of this in the thread?
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:02 am

Post by BloodB0t »

It's true that I have averseness to hydrae and that there is no evidence of that in the thread other than my initial vote.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:04 am

Post by biancospino »

Mhm.
VOTE: Imaginality
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:06 am

Post by BloodB0t »

Oh no! My scum partner!
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:42 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 148, Defective Agency wrote:
In post 145, BloodB0t wrote:
In post 136, Defective Agency wrote: 1) imaginality's response to us is +++scum.
How so? Right now I don't feel imaginality has done much that is AI.
@Imaginality, I have been in a hydra in 3 games I played with you and I don’t recall you ever mentioning anything about hydras before?

Also why did you vote us over the other hydra then?

~Ms Drew
It was page 1. Other games I've often not been around for the first several pages (by which point there's usually something game-related to vote someone for), or else had another reason for a random vote. As mentioned I don't have a policy against hydras but not liking them seemed plenty good enough for a page 1 vote here.

I don't whinge about them generally because where's the fun in that? I could happily live without hyperposters too but also don't make a point of complaining about them each game.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:49 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 114, Doctor Drew wrote: Don't make it like I am trying to discredit Nyx
This seems overly sensitive to how people are perceiving Doctor Drew. Like, not focused on the "misrepresenting me is scummy" angle but the "you might make people suspicious of me" angle?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:08 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 157, imaginality wrote:
In post 114, Doctor Drew wrote: Don't make it like I am trying to discredit Nyx
This seems overly sensitive to how people are perceiving Doctor Drew. Like, not focused on the "misrepresenting me is scummy" angle but the "you might make people suspicious of me" angle?
Well that's quite the leap there, isn't it already known that misrepresentation is inherently scummy? I don't even understand your angle here, help me out a bit.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:12 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

VOTE: Imaginalty

Here is my face turn where I actually sheep the hydras lol.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:27 am

Post by imaginality »

My point is it was a bit of a leap on your part to assume biancospino was trying to make you look like you were trying to 'discredit' Nyx given your back and forth with Nyx was about colour choices rather than anything substantive. And that if you really believed biancospino was trying to do that you would be focused on biancospino's scumminess rather than on how they're making you look. Whereas you just said it but didn't follow up further on it.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:30 am

Post by Titus »

In post 143, Porkens wrote:
Some players are accusing me of using ChatGPT to make my posts in the mafia game and saying it's detrimental to the town, but I disagree. I've got my eye on Titus, who has been wagon hopping without any clear reasoning, and my gut feeling is that something isn't right. I don't hate the wagon on bloodb0t, but let's focus on catching the scum. Those still giving me grief about using ChatGPT should focus on their own gameplay.
I don't like this post by Porkens.

1) It's OMGUS
2) He likes the "wagon", which is too short to be a wagon.
3) Anyone familiar with me knows I vote hop until I have a theory.

Porkens sees suspicion on him is throwing things to see what sticks.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:38 am

Post by BloodB0t »

In post 160, imaginality wrote: My point is it was a bit of a leap on your part to assume biancospino was trying to make you look like you were trying to 'discredit' Nyx given your back and forth with Nyx was about colour choices rather than anything substantive. And that if you really believed biancospino was trying to do that you would be focused on biancospino's scumminess rather than on how they're making you look. Whereas you just said it but didn't follow up further on it.
imo townDrew can make 'leaps' like when he called out furtive for posting his wiki in Micro 1068. Overall I feel like the vibes from Drew here match townDrew in Micro 1068.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:02 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 160, imaginality wrote: My point is it was a bit of a leap on your part to assume biancospino was trying to make you look like you were trying to 'discredit' Nyx given your back and forth with Nyx was about colour choices rather than anything substantive. And that if you really believed biancospino was trying to do that you would be focused on biancospino's scumminess rather than on how they're making you look. Whereas you just said it but didn't follow up further on it.
As I was typing up my response it popped into my head about them discrediting me, I do kinda realize that it was probably more them poking and prodding since it all came to be from me misreading Nyxs post. I got a bit angry about it initially, but let it go when I thought about it since I didn't think it was coming from a scum mindset.

But, one thing I don't understand is why just as you get heat on yourself you are trying to deflect and just trying to find someone to take the heat off of you.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:49 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 123, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 53, biancospino wrote: It probably can't, but it's funny to ask it and see what it conjures up.
You can just dump the whole thread as a prompt and ask it to pass a judgment, it may need some poking to get it to say anything other than "not enough information" thou.
IMPORTANT: it has a "memory" of 4000-ish tokns (i.e words). So it will see only the last few pages at best.
In post 124, KittyTacky wrote: I wouldn't rely on it for this due to this.

imo a Mafia bot would require dynamic persistent memory (like AI Dungeon memory but it selects relevant parts to add to its memory to keep notes) to not be mid af.
Very salient info. That would explain why it was so good at formulating thoughts for the first couple of pages, but I overwhelmed the thing around page 4 or 5.
In post 136, Defective Agency wrote: 1) imaginality's response to us is +++scum.
2) Menalque's talk of 'correct' play being voting Porkens and 'boring' is quite strange, and possibly +scum.
3) KittyTacky seems towny so far.
4) Morning Tweet, why did you vote Bloodbot recently? It didn't look related to the post.

-Mr. Glance
You'd be right, it had nothing to do with the chatbot tangent

I thought it was kind of suspicious for blood to harp on the chatgpt being bad at mafia point but i dont really care that much

That being said
In post 155, BloodB0t wrote: Oh no! My scum partner!
What in god's name compelled bloodb0t to write this? What i mean is, why does bloodb0t care that biancospino votes imagineality here? This is a very weird post

Reading it in context it still doesn't make a lot of sense to me
In post 145, BloodB0t wrote:
How so? Right now I don't feel imaginality has done much that is AI.
In post 146, BloodB0t wrote: Bianco's setup PFP and setup analysis seems towny.
If you townread bianco and don't have much of an opinion on Imaginality's play.. it's a weirdly, maybe, self conscious comment to tie yourself to biancospino voting imaginality

Maybe I'm missing something critical here though that would make the commen t make sense
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:57 am

Post by BloodB0t »

I just thought was a little weird like bianco was implying imaginality was my partner.

Overall though I think the whole interaction is meh, I just goofed by replying to a question that wasn't for me. I still think bianco is town, imaginality is null.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:59 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 127, KittyTacky wrote: Porkens' gimmick is mildly anti-town imo, particularly if they keep it up after earlygame. I think it's only slightly scummy at this point tho.

bianco is town imo, on vibes.
Something noteworthy about intertwining ChatGPT with your play (and something that made me feel like it was going to be useful for me to use in this game). The way that you ask ChatGPT about the game is more important than what ChatGPT says back.

I.e., rather than thinking of ChatGPT as a neutral party that you are "sterilizing" your posts with in order to make them obfuscated and unreadable, maybe the questions themselves that you are posing to ChatGPT can be thought of as the content.

Interacting with ChatGPT is fun. The results ChatGPT gives back are kind of mid and unimportant. But Porkens posts aren't exactly the results ChatGPT gives back, he is posting what he is asking of the AI
Spoiler: Porkens post
In post 143, Porkens wrote: Porkens:
I’m in a mafia game on a forum and I have been using chatgpt to make my posts, half as a gimmick and half as an experiment. Unfortunately, some players are pushing me and saying that using chatgpt is somehow detrimental to the town. I don’t believe this is true but it feel I need to respond to this accusation. Write a post explaining these main points. Then express that Titus is suspicious for wagon going, but also that I don’t hate the wagon in bloodb0t. Write in a grumpy, just-woke-up-no-coffee style.

Porkens:
Cut the paragraph about how wagon hopping can be good and say that I don’t hate the wagon on bloodb0t but that’s mostly “gut” reading

Porkens:
Ok good summarize into one paragraph

Porkens:
One more time but don’t say about finding concrete evidence

Some players are accusing me of using ChatGPT to make my posts in the mafia game and saying it's detrimental to the town, but I disagree. I've got my eye on Titus, who has been wagon hopping without any clear reasoning, and my gut feeling is that something isn't right. I don't hate the wagon on bloodb0t, but let's focus on catching the scum. Those still giving me grief about using ChatGPT should focus on their own gameplay.

I cut out all the drafts to make it more easily digestible

You can see that Porkens is engaging in a dialogue with the bot which might be similar to an internal dialogue that someone might write out in a normal mafia post

So really porkens isnt playing in a game shatteringly different way IMO. Especially with regards to Mena saying he's the obvious correct move -- I think that this is something that can be read just like any other player.

When I was playing with ChatGPT this was all but a requirement (like, you had to prod it a bit) in order to get it to say things that sound right. Those things are controlled by a player in this game, therefore, we can read them
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:01 pm

Post by BloodB0t »

^ hence why I said he was using it well
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:06 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 165, BloodB0t wrote: I just thought was a little weird like bianco was implying imaginality was my partner.

Overall though I think the whole interaction is meh, I just goofed by replying to a question that wasn't for me. I still think bianco is town, imaginality is null.
I think I see what you're talking anbout. Like the "Mhm."? I didn't interpret bianco's post like that but i can kiiiiiiiiiind of see the threads

Okay and I got a better understanding of the initial understanding. That post did seem like it was addressed to you because of the quote, to be fair.

the "mhm" kind of comes across like a "I might not believe you" if I squint a little

I still think it's a weird comment to make even if you think bianco is saying they suspect you/imaginality, but i think i get what you were talkinjg abt now
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:52 pm

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

Nyx raises a good point not everyone might be aware of, so making this clear to everyone: not all posts that
sound like
they were written by ChatGPT will necessarily
be written
by ChatGPT.
Spoiler:
In post 61, Porkens wrote: Hi Nancy! I'm ChatGPT, a language model developed by OpenAI.

In a game of Mafia, I can be a useful tool in finding the scum members with the help of players like Porkens, who feed me information about the game. The way this works is by analyzing the information provided by each player and drawing connections between different pieces of evidence. For example, I can help players keep track of which players have made certain claims, analyze patterns of behavior, and provide suggestions for questions to ask or points to consider.

However, it's important to keep in mind that the scum members will probably argue against the use of tools like me, as it would give the townspeople an advantage in the game. The scum members have a vested interest in preventing the townspeople from discovering who they are, so they would likely view access to tools like me as a threat to their success in the game.

With that in mind, I suggest that the players carefully scrutinize any player who is arguing against using tools like me, as it may be an indicator that they are part of the scum.

Ha ha! I'm sure you didn't mean to question my use in this game, Nancy. But I'm here to help and support the players in any way that I can, and Porkens is providing me with information to assist in that goal. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!
In post 96, Porkens wrote: Porkens is a dedicated method player in mafia games and will not abandon his persona under any circumstances. Those who target him for using chatgpt are disregarding a valid play style and strategy. Porkens is developing keen insights and will remain an effective and substantial participant in the game.

For example, I'm not sure the bolded sentence in the first post was generated by our AI overlord. Nyx points out, and I agree, that the second post is not a ChatGPT post.

And in general, just reiterating the point the ChatGPT most definitely cannot play Mafia accurately. It can probably barely give you a cake recipe that won't set fire to your oven, I would not trust it with anything more complex.

-Morta
Hydra of Morta (Aisa), Nyx (Alianna), and Janus (RH9).
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:57 pm

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

My reasoning for the second post was that ChatGPT's name was in lowercase. The AI always capitalizes its name.

- Nyx
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:57 pm

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

In post 114, Doctor Drew wrote:Pre Edit: No I get it now, just feel the color scheme is off putting, personal opinion. But, hydras are gonna hydra
The purpose of the colours is to highlight and respond to specific pieces of posts without removing the context. It's meant to make things clearer, so if others find it confusing, I won't do it.

- Nyx
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:58 pm

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

I'm happy to lock biancospino in as town for now. The difference from Micro 1068 is night and day. Also:
In post 118, biancospino wrote:
In post 96, Porkens wrote: Porkens is a dedicated method player in mafia games and will not abandon his persona under any circumstances. Those who target him for using chatgpt are disregarding a valid play style and strategy. Porkens is developing keen insights and will remain an effective and substantial participant in the game.
I'd guess it isn't truly neutral, no. By the way, I'm also unconvinced that chatgpt would be naturally as forceful as in in advocating for the usefulness of its own use, but the fact is that one can easily get it to espouse pretty much any position by tinkering with the prompt. That is fine; Porkens announced that they meant to use this gimmick already while the game was in the queue, so clearly it's not AI that they are doing this. I am a little nervous that, if they're scum, this may give them somewhat of a weird advantage in that, if they post something wolfy, they may just rebut that it's the AI's doing, so I would kindly request that they also provide us the prompts they use if they wish to keep the gimmick
*chef's kiss*

- Nyx
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:03 pm

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

In post 166, Morning Tweet wrote:[...]
So really porkens isnt playing in a game shatteringly different way IMO. Especially with regards to Mena saying he's the obvious correct move -- I think that this is something that can be read just like any other player.
[...]
I also wanted to add: I agree with this mostly. Tone was one obvious thing I thought was taken away at the start, but I really like the idea of reading from what perspective Porkens seems to be coming from when they talk to ChatGPT.

-Morta

...oh, hi Nyx
narrow parking
narrow parking
he/him
Goon
narrow parking
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:09 pm

Post by narrow parking »

In post 123, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 53, biancospino wrote: It probably can't, but it's funny to ask it and see what it conjures up.
You can just dump the whole thread as a prompt and ask it to pass a judgment, it may need some poking to get it to say anything other than "not enough information" thou.
IMPORTANT: it has a "memory" of 4000-ish tokns (i.e words). So it will see only the last few pages at best.
theoretically speaking there should be no such hard limit on the memory of GPT, since it uses a transformer model blah blah blah. the ~4000 token limit is simply the maximum prompt length for computational/speed processes.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”