ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:20 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 649, Bingle wrote: Mayor guiltylion
I'm rereading still but could you tell me about where in this thread your read necessarily must have flipped?

@Datisi Enchant still scum to you, yes?
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:21 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 673, Datisi wrote: anyway, with the consensus seeming to be outing votes (and by consensus i mean bingle) i will be figuring out my votes tomorrow morning. i'm prob gonna be around for some 20 minutes or so so if anyone has anything real-time to ask me now's the time
reads on meowth, Bloodb0t, SirCakez
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:21 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Datisi I'm fine with calling the read a reach but it's not convoluted at all, UNOwen pressed Bingle on a read I thought was particularly suspicious and to me that demonstrated townie intent. Why do you refer to that as "convoluted"?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by Herta »

In post 666, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 663, Herta wrote:I don't understand this attitude at all. What am I missing?
I didn't understand why you told me that votes tell us information, especially in regular mafia set ups. I am aware of that - did you think I was not?

You said "we keep track of votes in a regular game for reasons, one of them is to see who votes for who" - doesn't that statement feel kinda obvious to you?

I'm also having a hard time empathizing with what the intention behind your post was, were you trying to change my mind about posting our ballots? It felt disconnected to me because I was more trying to understand what Pooky was afraid of if we kept ballots secret, I wasn't operating from a stance that there are no benefits to posting our votes. The conversation in my mind was more about evaluating the tradeoffs of consolidating votes or making our votes public, and you jumped in to state benefits of public votes that I wasn't disagreeing with or unaware of.
What I was trying to get across were the parallels of a regular mafia game and this one despite the untypical nature of it. No, I didn't realize that you were fully anti-posting votes. That was not the implication that I gathered from your post. Now that you've explained it, fine. I'd rather not be summarily dismissed without explanation unless it's funny. Or strategic.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:23 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Hertown
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:23 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 674, BloodB0t wrote: Seems like GL is either someone who thinks about the game so differently from me that I can't possibly understand it or he's scum.
If you can't understand things I post you could alwaus ask me questions. Why haven't you yet? And why such a dichotomy, do you really believe you can't possibly understand my point of view on things?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:24 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

GuiltyLion, any scumreads so far?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:29 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Ausuka still public enemy #1

I really don't like that bloodb0t post I just replied to and don't remember anything else they've done so they're also a scumread

otherwise Datisi and Pooky have each given me some weird pings but they could both easily be town. I also didn't understand why LLD is at town!Pooky with such high confidence, that struck me as a lil pockety
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:30 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 675, ActionDan wrote:
In post 649, Bingle wrote: Mayor guiltylion
I'm rereading still but could you tell me about where in this thread your read necessarily must have flipped?

@Datisi Enchant still scum to you, yes?
It didn't, I indirectly answered the why right before posting that ballot.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:30 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 675, ActionDan wrote: @Datisi Enchant still scum to you, yes?
i saw he made some posts in the thread so maybe not. i'll look at him in a bit.
In post 676, furtiveglance wrote: reads on meowth, Bloodb0t, SirCakez
idk, town, town?
In post 677, GuiltyLion wrote: Datisi I'm fine with calling the read a reach but it's not convoluted at all, UNOwen pressed Bingle on a read I thought was particularly suspicious and to me that demonstrated townie intent. Why do you refer to that as "convoluted"?
i feel like i'm back in croatian literature class in high school where the teacher is asking us to divine meaning from a work where i see no deeper meaning at all.

that is to say - i don't think you can determine intent from unowen from that singular post. maybe he thought bingle was suspicious for having that read, because bingle showed that scummy pattern. maybe he thought bingle was suspicious for that read for some other reason. maybe he just wanted to see a different perspective for his own read on dan. not to mention, "why is x town" is one of the easiest questions to ask as scum to appear like you're doing something.

so to take and to conclude "i think bingle is prob scum because his townread on dan fits this specific pattern, and unowen asked one question about it that he hadn't even followed up on since bingle hasn't even responded, that must mean unowen noticed the exact same thing i did and therefore is likely town for it" is convoluted. and i think a townie on the receiving end of that read would notice that and react to it.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:30 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 670, GuiltyLion wrote: SleepyKrew I'd be interested to hear if you have any thoughts about Pookys assertion that scum!you would not jump into a Mayor election against the two of us as townies.
weird assertion, I don’t see any risk to doing that regardless of my alignment
To be clear: quack
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:31 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

I think I can track the logic but it’s just not something I’d care about either way
To be clear: quack
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:31 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 684, Datisi wrote: i saw he made some posts in the thread so maybe not. i'll look at him in a bit.
i want to make it clear - "in a bit" means when the sun is out and i'm not on the verge of passing out. i.e. tomorrow.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:31 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 647, Bingle wrote: We should attempt to get PRs into the hands of town, yes. The takeaway from that is that you should pick people you think are town for the options. There are reasons to do otherwise (for example, voting enchant for cop because you don't think scum will want to shoot town enchant;
voting GL for JOAT because you think forcing accountability for GL's night actions might help make a solid read there and you're not at all confident in your scumlean there
), but overall we're better off if we manage 6 town PRs.
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:33 pm

Post by BloodB0t »

@guiltylion I haven't asked yet because I don't know where to begin, and other people are asking better questions than I can think of, and your answers to those questions are seeming kind of scummy to me. But I will try to think of good questions for you.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:35 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 682, GuiltyLion wrote: Ausuka still public enemy #1

I really don't like that bloodb0t post I just replied to and don't remember anything else they've done so they're also a scumread

otherwise Datisi and Pooky have each given me some weird pings but they could both easily be town. I also didn't understand why LLD is at town!Pooky with such high confidence, that struck me as a lil pockety
I don't see what Ausuka's done wrong and seeing a couple of players call her scum out of nowhere a few pages ago was weird
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:36 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

If you don't understand something I said that seems like a natural place to begin?

Can you give an example of an answer to a question I've given that you thought was scummy and explain why you thought it was scummy
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:36 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 684, Datisi wrote: and i think a townie on the receiving end of that read would notice that and react to it.
You'll have to take my word for it that I did notice it but decided that it was entirely possible GuiltyLion could make that read as town.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:38 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

maybe I'm just wrong about GuiltyLion in which case he should carry me
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:42 pm

Post by BloodB0t »

@gl I will answer any of your questions too, but atm I'm feeling like you haven't wanted to ask me questions this game because you don't think you'll be able to make people read me scum by doing that.

I will also think of some of your answers that pinged me scummy.

I'll admit I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by this game but I will put my focus on you and hopefully get back to you with something substantial tomorrow.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:46 pm

Post by ActionDan »

oh ok, got it. I disagree that's wise but I believe you believe it so I guess its ok. I assume that doesn't apply to the other choices at least

btw with all this talk surrounding owen's 222, can't they just answer the motivation for asking the question themselves, have they been in this thread yet to perhaps shed daylight on it?

My own opinion on UNOwen rides between Bingle's and Meowth's in that logically there isn't anything in the "fluffy short iso" I can pin down as scummy (I don't think either of 222 or 424 are egregiously scummy) but the fact that those are the only two posts that would qualify as content in 20 pages is.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:46 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 690, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 682, GuiltyLion wrote: Ausuka still public enemy #1

I don't see what Ausuka's done wrong and seeing a couple of players call her scum out of nowhere a few pages ago was weird
It's less about what shes done wrong, rather all I see from her is trying to pass vibe checks and little in the way of actual sorting or town mindset.

Heres a recent example:
In post 550, Ausuka wrote: Pooky and GL scumread me which is scummy so I am forced to vote for SleepyKrew for mayor
This post is trying to sound chill and blase but the underlying reasoning is weaksauce - I highly doubt Ausuka genuinely thinks both of us are scum each maneuvering to discredit specifically her in particular. so either she's joking about reads to avoid actually giving a read on us, or she's not joking about the read and its an underwhelming take. Neither feels townie.

I also still have my initial issue with her pressing on me feeling like it wasn't meant to accomplish anything meaningful - but Datisi thought it was "reasonable" so ymmv
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:47 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 694, BloodB0t wrote: @gl I will answer any of your questions too, but atm I'm feeling like you haven't wanted to ask me questions this game because you don't think you'll be able to make people read me scum by doing that.
Where did this come from? I've literally been asking you questions right in this very dialogue?? Were there other posts you thought I should have asked you about that I didn't?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:49 pm

Post by ActionDan »

hard agree with 696
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:51 pm

Post by Bingle »

@pooky, gl- I've been nursing a tinfoil for a while now because it's a cheeky scumfuck move I totally would have encouraged my teammates to pull and I want your thoughts. Dats/Ausuka/Enchant team all yolo declared for Sheriff to completely negate town's chances of having a cop and force a scum member into the PT.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”