Mini Normal 2291: Greentexts | Mafia Wins!

Clone
Clone
He
Townie
Clone
He
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:39 pm

Post by Clone »

I swear referring to a team against the town that can kill 1 person a night is referred to as Mafia in most Mafia games. Solo killers are killed Serial Killers.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:39 pm

Post by redFF »

In post 177, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 124, Clone wrote:I believe Crescent should have voted me by now, the excessive analyzation and a delay to vote comes off as
Mafia
. Their posts tend to indicate that they know I'm not actually
Mafia
(as they are
Mafia
)
Something like this always pings me a bit. Because I know we're playing a game on "mafia" scum - and generally the opposing team to town is "mafia" but Mod never mentioned "mafia" in their opening posts. They referred to the opposing faction as "scum".

The first person to mention "mafia" this game? Well that was me, but in reference to the name of the game.

Others have also mentioned "mafia" in reference to the game.

Clone though, they have actually used the term "mafia" like there are mafia in the game. Likelihood of that being the case? I assume pretty good. But this is something that sticks out to me.
Lmfao WHAT is this post
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:47 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 199, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 196, Crescent wrote: Oh and to further the point about #177 and #178, perspective slips don't really exist when it comes to nouns and pronouns. I once saw a town throw a game at lylo because someone accidentally referred to the scum team as "we" and was voted off strictly for that.

Couldn't care less that there's four interchangeable terms for not-town and he decided to use the one that people generally haven't been using this game so far.

It actually kind of bugs me a bit that FK didn't call this out because I believe he's a player that should know how meaningless the argument was.
It just pings me. Cool with your input on it and happy if it doesn't ping others. Just sticks out to me because subconscious slips are a thing. They've happened before, they'll happen again. Just because you can mention one game where it was wrong to follow this logic, doesn't mean all games and situations will always be just like that.

Your last bit means more to me than your opinion on my opinions though. You thinking Frog is off for not calling out something you think he should. Do you think Frog is trying to buddy me then?
It makes me more curious as to why he says he town reads you because so far I don't see it. He effectively parlayed your post into shading the already oft-shaded #124 without commenting on the argument it was making. I find that kind of argument you made is much better at getting town voted off than it is scum since town is generally more loose with their speech than scum is.

BBT has also said it, but I don't believe he's given any explanation either.

Basically, I want an explanation of said town read because the comparison he was making between you this game and last game doesn't hold at all.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:48 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 201, redFF wrote:
In post 177, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 124, Clone wrote:I believe Crescent should have voted me by now, the excessive analyzation and a delay to vote comes off as
Mafia
. Their posts tend to indicate that they know I'm not actually
Mafia
(as they are
Mafia
)
Something like this always pings me a bit. Because I know we're playing a game on "mafia" scum - and generally the opposing team to town is "mafia" but Mod never mentioned "mafia" in their opening posts. They referred to the opposing faction as "scum".

The first person to mention "mafia" this game? Well that was me, but in reference to the name of the game.

Others have also mentioned "mafia" in reference to the game.

Clone though, they have actually used the term "mafia" like there are mafia in the game. Likelihood of that being the case? I assume pretty good. But this is something that sticks out to me.
Lmfao WHAT is this post
Call it scum or call it town or just sit there and wait for everyone else to do it for you I guess?
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:53 pm

Post by Elements »

Hopefully I'll be able to catch-up tomorrow evening
VOTE: clone
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:59 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 170, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 123, Cephrir wrote: Can you recognize a remote possibility that I find it protown to suggest that a possibly town aligned player not get too invested in something I don't think is alignment indicative
No, sorry, I can't. It's never protown to ignore something or look into something less.

This is a game of information at it's very core. Scum start with more information, town's goal is to surpass the amount of information scum have. It should be up to the individual town person to decide when information is no longer useful. It will forever be scummy to me if anyone says "don't read too much into that".
Not saying you have to agree with me just that you have to recognize this is an opinion I might hold
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Clone
Clone
He
Townie
Clone
He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:01 pm

Post by Clone »

In post 204, Elements wrote: Hopefully I'll be able to catch-up tomorrow evening
VOTE: clone
prehaps youll come up with a better vote as well
Clone
Clone
He
Townie
Clone
He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:02 pm

Post by Clone »

oh shit a bit after 7 minutes whoops
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:02 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 166, Crescent wrote:
In post 165, Cephrir wrote:
In post 164, Crescent wrote:
In post 161, Cephrir wrote:
In post 159, Crescent wrote: Red, what is your reason for voting Clone?

Gera's vote town vibes me. There's a contradiction I noticed in Clone's behavior that I believe Gera is pointing out.

I don't want to elaborate further without a reason from Red first though.
i'm not reading gera as town right now so i'm annoyed by this post for townreading him based on an assumption of what he meant to say but actually didn't

also kinda wild that you asked only red about the reason for his vote when you could have also asked gera and had whatever thought process you're having confirmed or denied. you know what happens when you assume
It's the specific part of where Gera voted based on that I like. He voted Clone based on his words contradicting his actions.
How do you know?
Because I've played with Gera enough (this guy has been in almost every game I've played on the site), and he isn't great at explaining his votes regardless of his alignment. It's +town EV for him that he pointed out that specific part when he voted instead of reposting the entire thing. By his standards, that's showing genuine thought behind placing a vote.
This is pretty out there to me

Not only are you putting this entire complex thought process in someone's mouth but also acting as though it is a definitive fact he had this exact process

Bizarre stuff. Don't get it.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Clone
Clone
He
Townie
Clone
He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:05 pm

Post by Clone »

i'd like to send Element to trial. I want them to give their analisis on the game so far and provide a few reads. They've said pap multiple times and have provided nothing else of value.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:09 pm

Post by Crescent »

It amounts to little more than a glorified gut feeling. I feel like the vote came from the right place and it town vibes me.

Quick question Elements: If you haven't caught up yet, why jump on the leading vote without a reason?
Clone
Clone
He
Townie
Clone
He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:12 pm

Post by Clone »

lol town vibes you?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:14 pm

Post by Crescent »

On a side note our resident host confirmed town hasn't posted in a day.

Herta if you're around at all just share anything relevant you're thinking even if you think it's minor. Anything that comes from you is a plus for the town.
Clone
Clone
He
Townie
Clone
He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:18 pm

Post by Clone »

Id tend to believe that at least one non-speaker is Mafia.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:21 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 211, Clone wrote: lol town vibes you?
Yep.

I feel the way that vote was placed is more likely to come from town Gera. I made this read like what 40-50 posts ago?

This wasn't even the first time I've said a vote town vibes me. I have maintained that post #27 is a +town look for Elements.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:24 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 202, Crescent wrote:
In post 196, Crescent wrote: Oh and to further the point about #177 and #178, perspective slips don't really exist when it comes to nouns and pronouns. I once saw a town throw a game at lylo because someone accidentally referred to the scum team as "we" and was voted off strictly for that.

Couldn't care less that there's four interchangeable terms for not-town and he decided to use the one that people generally haven't been using this game so far.

It actually kind of bugs me a bit that FK didn't call this out because I believe he's a player that should know how meaningless the argument was.
It just pings me. Cool with your input on it and happy if it doesn't ping others. Just sticks out to me because subconscious slips are a thing. They've happened before, they'll happen again. Just because you can mention one game where it was wrong to follow this logic, doesn't mean all games and situations will always be just like that.

Your last bit means more to me than your opinion on my opinions though. You thinking Frog is off for not calling out something you think he should. Do you think Frog is trying to buddy me then?
It makes me more curious as to why he says he town reads you because so far I don't see it. He effectively parlayed your post into shading the already oft-shaded #124 without commenting on the argument it was making. I find that kind of argument you made is much better at getting town voted off than it is scum since town is generally more loose with their speech than scum is.

Basically, I want an explanation of said town read because the comparison he was making between you this game and last game doesn't hold at all.
It's based on feelings and intuition. It's possible I'm underestimating Kowahbunga and I became manipulated by them without my realizing. If you can show me how Kowahbunga manipulated me into flipping my read on him then I will reevaluate.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Clone
Clone
He
Townie
Clone
He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:24 pm

Post by Clone »

A town read coming from a person that is most likely not town seems invalid to me.

I've also noticed that when you dismiss a post you tend to not quote it. Your post seemed to dismiss this post "i'd like to send Element to trial. I want them to give their analisis on the game so far and provide a few reads. They've said pap multiple times and have provided nothing else of value." It was directly below it, but was clearly targetted at my comment towards Elements vote.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:27 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 209, Clone wrote: i'd like to send Element to trial. I want them to give their analisis on the game so far and provide a few reads. They've said pap multiple times and have provided nothing else of value.
Pap
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Clone
Clone
He
Townie
Clone
He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:27 pm

Post by Clone »

Alright that seemed confusing. Crescents posts tend to dismiss another post and validate another. They ignore the post that they don't have a response to, but still comment on another post by the same user. When they do this, i've noticed that they don't quote. Like post #210 "It amounts to little more than a glorified gut feeling. I feel like the vote came from the right place and it town vibes me." which seemed dismissive of post #209
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:27 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 217, Elements wrote:
In post 209, Clone wrote: i'd like to send Element to trial. I want them to give their analisis on the game so far and provide a few reads. They've said pap multiple times and have provided nothing else of value.
Pap
What is pap?
Clone
Clone
He
Townie
Clone
He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:28 pm

Post by Clone »

In post 217, Elements wrote:
Pap
alright give your shittakes tomorrow
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:28 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 213, Clone wrote: Id tend to believe that at least one non-speaker is Mafia.
Those two need to be removed for people who will actually play.

Gun to my head I naturally trust the one who role confirmed but never posted less than the one who never confirmed at all (effectively a true neutral), but it's not a lot to go on without content.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 215, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 202, Crescent wrote:

It's based on feelings and intuition. It's possible I'm underestimating Kowahbunga and I became manipulated by them without my realizing. If you can show me how Kowahbunga manipulated me into flipping my read on him then I will reevaluate.
This kind of feels like both an answer (effectively calling it gut) and a non answer baiting a counterargument. I don't have any major reason to call him scum, but I don't have one to call him town, either.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 45, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 43, Cephrir wrote:i think you're reading too much into things

This is a scum mindset.

VOTE: Cephir

Frog's issues with my post could also be deemed "reading too much into things" but you agree enough with him to vote me for the same reason. Yet you want to tell someone else they're reading too much into things? This is made even more interesting that you find it okay to agree with Frog's reach but don't like someone that you claim is reaching, reaching against Frog.
In post 90, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 88, redFF wrote:
In post 80, PenguinPower wrote:i don't really get the focus on kow's vote tbh...

also don't think andante's response to it was scum indicative rather than just andante indicative though
Regarding Kow, my thoughts...

1. Why does town need to plan what they are going to do for RVS in the pregame?

In post 18, Gamma Emerald wrote: That’s entirely fair
I just had the idea in pregame so I figured I’d vocalize it immediately.
In post 40, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 19, Andante wrote:
In post 13, Kowahbunga wrote:VOTE: andante

hi everyone
Yeah, actually, what specifically makes you park your rvs vote on me... could pick gamer, haschel, gamma, or penguin
yet you opted to join the vote on me. Please share why
I decided pre-game I would vote the first person voted, I'm not sorry it was you.
I think the justification of his RVS vote being "i decided pre-game" could have easily just been stolen from Gamma saying that she decided pregame to ask everyone to post a reads list. sort of "i'm getting pushed on my RVS vote, how do I explain it, i'll just say what Gamma said..."This is a bit of a reach but it did seem weird to me and worth pointing out.
Does this mean you also scum read Gamma for planning pregame or just me for doing it?
i feel like there are an immense amount of similarities between Kow's play in either game. I didn't bother to write them up earlier. I was curious if I could find anything now or I just imagined it, so I went back and within a few seconds I saw the above quote from the other game. You can see an example of just one way Kow is being consistent in the methods that he scum hunts from the above. I associate this same tell, which Kow is pointing out in two different games, with a user here named FrozenAngel. It's a legitimate way of scumhunting. If Kow is scum then they're doing a better job replicating Town than they need to IMO.

I'm not completely sold on Kow being Town, I have an entire tinfoil team solve which includes Kow, it's just my tinfoil team solve though. If there is evidence in the thread that I got tricked or emotionally manipulated by Kow then that's one thing. Barring that, my intuition is that Kow is Town, and I trust my intuition...to an extent.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:54 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 223, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 45, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 43, Cephrir wrote:i think you're reading too much into things

This is a scum mindset.

VOTE: Cephir

Frog's issues with my post could also be deemed "reading too much into things" but you agree enough with him to vote me for the same reason. Yet you want to tell someone else they're reading too much into things? This is made even more interesting that you find it okay to agree with Frog's reach but don't like someone that you claim is reaching, reaching against Frog.
In post 90, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 88, redFF wrote:
In post 80, PenguinPower wrote:i don't really get the focus on kow's vote tbh...

also don't think andante's response to it was scum indicative rather than just andante indicative though
Regarding Kow, my thoughts...

1. Why does town need to plan what they are going to do for RVS in the pregame?

In post 18, Gamma Emerald wrote: That’s entirely fair
I just had the idea in pregame so I figured I’d vocalize it immediately.
In post 40, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 19, Andante wrote:
In post 13, Kowahbunga wrote:VOTE: andante

hi everyone
Yeah, actually, what specifically makes you park your rvs vote on me... could pick gamer, haschel, gamma, or penguin
yet you opted to join the vote on me. Please share why
I decided pre-game I would vote the first person voted, I'm not sorry it was you.
I think the justification of his RVS vote being "i decided pre-game" could have easily just been stolen from Gamma saying that she decided pregame to ask everyone to post a reads list. sort of "i'm getting pushed on my RVS vote, how do I explain it, i'll just say what Gamma said..."This is a bit of a reach but it did seem weird to me and worth pointing out.
Does this mean you also scum read Gamma for planning pregame or just me for doing it?
i feel like there are an immense amount of similarities between Kow's play in either game. I didn't bother to write them up earlier. I was curious if I could find anything now or I just imagined it, so I went back and within a few seconds I saw the above quote from the other game. You can see an example of just one way Kow is being consistent in the methods that he scum hunts from the above. I associate this same tell, which Kow is pointing out in two different games, with a user here named FrozenAngel. It's a legitimate way of scumhunting. If Kow is scum then they're doing a better job replicating Town than they need to IMO.

I'm not completely sold on Kow being Town, I have an entire tinfoil team solve which includes Kow, it's just my tinfoil team solve though. If there is evidence in the thread that I got tricked or emotionally manipulated by Kow then that's one thing. Barring that, my intuition is that Kow is Town, and I trust my intuition...to an extent.
The key difference I saw immediately was Kow felt more proactive that game instead of just snapping at specific people who were pressuring him early. He's also felt less fluid in this game. As I stated earlier, he made four consecutive posts that are effectively identical, all addressed to the same person, while other people were posting. I read his first 25 or so posts of that game and it doesn't feel similar like you're making it out to be. It doesn't mean he has to be scum, but I did want you to provide your reasoning.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”