Micro 1070 | a micro normal | Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:39 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 98, Alisae wrote: I feel like the first post Ari made I feel like there’s an expectation for some kind of response but I don’t know the relationship between u 2 aside from probably besties.
Like i know some players who do something similar actually expect responses and can form reads based off of those responses
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:42 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 80, Klick wrote: Have you ever seen town go through the motions before?
Probably.

Got anything better?
In post 82, Datisi wrote:
In post 37, mykonian wrote: Also, iirc Dat would love to get away with a post like that as scum.
with a post like what. ? in what universe is that a post that is exciting or cheeky for scumtisi to make?
Not exciting. You don't like exciting as scum. But getting your post in and then getting to see how the RVS develops, that'd be right up your alley.
In post 83, Alisae wrote: Is there a reason why I would want to put it in hammer range right now? I don't think I need to use my vote to add to the pressure at the moment.
Because if you don't pressure someone what are you doing. And herta is there as a RVS, they'll get cold feet (or they don't) and it'll be interesting to see what they do. And if someone quickhammers, that'd be very convenient too, wouldn't it. Tomorrow would be easy.

So yes, I don't see why you'd wait. Risk/reward is on your side.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:46 am

Post by Aristeia »

normally he just pockets me by being sweet and kind - I am quite helpless against his charisma.

you'd think I'd like learn but I am quite bad at that and it feels nice to be in his pocket safe & sound.
You are always gonna be my love
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:46 am

Post by Klick »

In post 101, mykonian wrote:
In post 80, Klick wrote: Have you ever seen town go through the motions before?
Probably.

Got anything better?
Aureal's way of playing thus far lines up really well with her stated way of approaching the game in a way that runs counter to the reasons she's getting early suspicion

She's an easy target
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:47 am

Post by Klick »

My current theory is that there are indeed two A's on the scumteam and you voted the two wrong ones myko
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:48 am

Post by Klick »

I spent way too long trying to come up with a zingy way of expressing my Andante/Alisae tinfoil
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:48 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 101, mykonian wrote: Not exciting. You don't like exciting as scum. But getting your post in and then getting to see how the RVS develops, that'd be right up your alley.
i am kind of surprised that you managed to get such an analysis on scum-me from just one game. (an analysis that is wrong, but that's besides the point)

do you actually have a read on me?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:52 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 103, Klick wrote: Aureal's way of playing thus far lines up really well with her stated way of approaching the game in a way that runs counter to the reasons she's getting early suspicion

She's an easy target
And that doesn't bother you, that they more or less open with: "this is how I always play, please don't vote me for it". Instead of just.. playing?

It's an easy target because it's the right target. Going for Andante we are going to do at some point, I don't think they get through an early game often. She's easy. You are the pot calling the kettle black here.
In post 106, Datisi wrote:
In post 101, mykonian wrote: Not exciting. You don't like exciting as scum. But getting your post in and then getting to see how the RVS develops, that'd be right up your alley.
i am kind of surprised that you managed to get such an analysis on scum-me from just one game. (an analysis that is wrong, but that's besides the point)

do you actually have a read on me?
No, don't have a read on you. And I think I tried to read other games of you back then, I did with a couple of players to get some meta at least. I imagine you guys know eachother a lot better again this game as well.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:58 am

Post by Klick »

In post 107, mykonian wrote:
In post 103, Klick wrote: Aureal's way of playing thus far lines up really well with her stated way of approaching the game in a way that runs counter to the reasons she's getting early suspicion

She's an easy target
And that doesn't bother you, that they more or less open with: "this is how I always play, please don't vote me for it". Instead of just.. playing?

It's an easy target because it's the right target. Going for Andante we are going to do at some point, I don't think they get through an early game often. She's easy. You are the pot calling the kettle black here.
Not really I'd expect that kind of response from town more often than scum
This is a difference in philosophy where you seem to look for how you think town *should* play when they are doing what they should be doing
Whereas I look for how I think town *will* play without any particular expectation of quality
I remember this from playing with you previously

The only game I remember playing with Andante was a game that just ended and she was the most widely townread scum player
I didn't realise she normally doesn't get through early game?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:59 am

Post by Klick »

In post 108, Klick wrote: she was the most widely townread scum player
The most widely townread player overall, even
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:04 am

Post by Aristeia »

one more time Dats <3

VOTE: Andante
You are always gonna be my love
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:05 am

Post by Herta »

I found myself busy. I'll try to catch up this evening.

Gambler's fallacy says andante is town.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:22 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 101, mykonian wrote:
In post 83, Alisae wrote: Is there a reason why I would want to put it in hammer range right now? I don't think I need to use my vote to add to the pressure at the moment.
Because if you don't pressure someone what are you doing. And herta is there as a RVS, they'll get cold feet (or they don't) and it'll be interesting to see what they do. And if someone quickhammers, that'd be very convenient too, wouldn't it. Tomorrow would be easy.

See, now look what you've done :( Herta gets to make a lurkerscum post and doesn't have to respond to the fact that he's on a E-1 wagon. And I don't even get to call him out for it!
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:46 am

Post by Alianna »

Votecount
VC 1-II

Aureal (3 = E-2):
, ,
Andante (3 = E-2):
, ,
mykonian (1):

Alisae (1):

Wavelength (1):

With 9 alive, it takes 5 for an execution.

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-02-26 00:51:00)

Co-mod notes:

- I'm also counting by hand, let me know if there is anything wrong.
- The combined mod ISO can be found here.
Last edited by Alianna on Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:01 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 110, Aristeia wrote: one more time Dats <3
i am town, and i hope you're town with me so that we can finally win together <3

anyway uh
klick town
herta and myko alos scummy

i am very good at game
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:11 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 54, Alisae wrote: If what I was doing is similar to your play how come you couldn't identify it? I don't think it should be that hard to pick up on.
This seems to miss the point. Having a similarity in style doesn't give me insight into your thoughts on what to question. I'll try to be more aware of it now but the followup talk about Mafia teammates hadn't registered as an attempt to sort linked to the question about having been Mafia recently, just early game chitchat. Why do you think it should be that clear, when you don't present your thought process until I said something? You didn't even come to any conclusion.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:29 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 63, Wavelength wrote: @Aureal

Did you vote Alisae because you found thier questioning of Andante scummy, or would you say it was just an RVS vote?

Do you have even a read on her, even a weak one?
A little of both, but just that question specifically, as I hadn't really connected it to the later stuff. It just kind of stuck out like a possible attempt to color perceptions of Andante, which would be kind of silly as it's obviously invalid reasoning but I could see it having an effect anyway. People aren't perfectly logical.

I suppose at this point I have a vague townread on Alisae. While they're being a bit uncharitable, I do like that there was a thought process behind the talk about past Mafia games; and more importantly, that they didn't feel the need to force a conclusion out of it.

VOTE: mykonian
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:47 am

Post by Klick »

In post 116, Aureal wrote:I suppose at this point I have a vague townread on Alisae. While they're being a bit uncharitable, I do like that there was a thought process behind the talk about past Mafia games; and more importantly, that they didn't feel the need to force a conclusion out of it.
I understand how you got to this conclusion and think it's a natural one to come to. As someone who knows Alisae's playstyle, I can tell you that this describes how they'd play as either alignment.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:49 am

Post by Klick »

In post 68, Alisae wrote: This isn't me saying Klick is a wolf, I think Klick is a read best read when they've developed a body of work and comparing that body of work to the context that is the game.
It's pretty easy for them to be townie pretty early on and I imagine if they're wolf they're able to fake that.
Basically I think this is probably a good general guide for reading Alisae as well!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:51 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 116, Aureal wrote:
In post 63, Wavelength wrote: @Aureal

Did you vote Alisae because you found thier questioning of Andante scummy, or would you say it was just an RVS vote?

Do you have even a read on her, even a weak one?
A little of both, but just that question specifically, as I hadn't really connected it to the later stuff. It just kind of stuck out like a possible attempt to color perceptions of Andante, which would be kind of silly as it's obviously invalid reasoning but I could see it having an effect anyway. People aren't perfectly logical.

I suppose at this point I have a vague townread on Alisae. While they're being a bit uncharitable, I do like that there was a thought process behind the talk about past Mafia games; and more importantly, that they didn't feel the need to force a conclusion out of it.

VOTE: mykonian
Aureal, our interaction is a bit of a one way street at the moment. I'm pushing you and you ignore me. Haven't mentioned me at all, just the vote here.

I could just say that you suck for this vote, but I feel like I'm due some attention. See if we can make this one way interaction into a conversation. Because an OMGUS vote doesn't count as talking.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:26 am

Post by Aureal »

I'm getting to you soon, I'm slower posting from a phone and I just got back from my testing appointment.
-furtiveglance
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He / They

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:50 am

Post by Wavelength »

In post 67, Alisae wrote:
In post 66, Wavelength wrote: I don't think that 61 comes from his as scum, for either possible alignment for Aureal.

There is also an attention to detail in his reading of Aureal's posts that reveals intent to sort.
Can you paint me a better picture here. I'm missing how you got this conclusion.

I feel like if Klick is a wolf that could be pretty easy to fake, I imagine the process is just him pointing out what he sees.
Abstract mental calculus around the variables of [that being the only thing in the entirety of the first few pages which he commented on at all], [the angle in which he read and presented an alternative view of Aureal] [attention of detail of it] vs a world in which they are scum/town, and a world in which they are scum partners.

I doubt that painted a better picture, but that will have do. I don't know that convincing you of my read on Klick all that high of a priority for me atm, seeing as he is at *checks vote count* zero votes, and we are still in early day 1, so who is even married to their reads at this point?
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:58 am

Post by Wavelength »

In post 82, Datisi wrote:
In post 35, Wavelength wrote: huh, I hadn't thought about that.

Datisi can be my page one town read.
what

why
This post was half a joke, but basically I read Aristeia's post as calling you town (I have read seen that I was apparently wrong), and I stopped and asked my self "what about Post could possibly make Aristeia think that Datisi is town?"

The answer I thought of was "maybe Aristeia thinks that Datisi is the type of scum player who would feel pressure to be more present at day start - or at least, if he was going to do a one and done before bed, pressure to make it have something more to it then 9 has"

And that seemed like as solid of a reason as any to declare a page 1 town read.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:00 am

Post by Klick »

In post 114, Datisi wrote:
In post 110, Aristeia wrote: one more time Dats <3
i am town, and i hope you're town with me so that we can finally win together <3

anyway uh
klick town
herta and myko alos scummy

i am very good at game
Do you feel like anything Wavelength has done is AI or
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:02 am

Post by Wavelength »

In post 101, mykonian wrote: Because if you don't pressure someone what are you doing. And herta is there as a RVS, they'll get cold feet (or they don't) and it'll be interesting to see what they do. And if someone quickhammers, that'd be very convenient too, wouldn't it. Tomorrow would be easy.

I feel like most scum would be to scared to actually make this argument. Myko can be free of my vote for the day, unless he scum claims later on down the line or something

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”