Mini Normal 2291: Greentexts | Mafia Wins!

Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:56 am

Post by Elements »

Pap
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:07 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 246, biancospino wrote:
In post 244, Frogsterking wrote:
Getting stumped indicates a lack of TMI so if you believe that I'm telling the truth about being stumped then that should not be something which is causing you paranoia. Normally someone would experience paranoia over being unsure whether or not I am actually stumped, for example.
Yes, but the thing is I don't 100% believe you.

And also yes, "perceptiveness" is apt, but eh, I can totally believe I don't know how people work.
That is just a common mistake I think that makes me irrationally angry. Sorry if I was too harsh. Your observation that I can percept elements within posts doesn't predict that I will be diligent about reading every post and in order to percieve something we have to pay attention to it.

I can provide receipts like it's my job:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1141981 ... influences

I think being overconfident and impulsive is why I missed and those are flat-out different things than being perceptive.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:20 am

Post by T3 »

Prodding JacksonVirgo.
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:03 am

Post by Herta »

I found myself busy. I'll try to catch up this evening.

I think I like ceiph's posting thus far.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:38 am

Post by Elements »

my mafia brain is not functioning right now
All my completed games
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:38 am

Post by Elements »

In post 210, Crescent wrote: Quick question Elements: If you haven't caught up yet, why jump on the leading vote without a reason?
It's how I play day 1
All my completed games
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:23 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Wagons is the only way to play D1.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:29 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 254, Elements wrote: my mafia brain is not functioning right now
Mafia brain?

Not town brain?

110% found scum here
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:32 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 257, geraintm wrote:
Mafia brain?

Not town brain?

110% found scum here
You are voting for clone.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:59 am

Post by Elements »

Mafia brain?

Not town brain?

110% found scum here
Pap
All my completed games
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:00 am

Post by Cephrir »

Pap
Bartleby the Scrivener
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:09 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 258, Cephrir wrote:
Mafia brain?

Not town brain?

110% found scum here
You are voting for clone.
c'mon, 'tis was a joke, don't read too much into it.

But in seriousness, @geraintm, were your
others
100%'s also jokes or should they be read in good faith? Specifically , that you also bolded
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

ok fine i can see that one
Bartleby the Scrivener
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:51 am

Post by geraintm »

I mean everything I say on day 1 at 200% strength
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:19 am

Post by Elements »

In post 263, geraintm wrote: I mean everything I say on day 1 at 200% strength
how high do you think we'll get?
All my completed games
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:21 am

Post by Cephrir »

maybe i should try being deliberately unhelpful it seems to be in vogue
Bartleby the Scrivener
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:32 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 224, Crescent wrote:
In post 223, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 45, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 43, Cephrir wrote:i think you're reading too much into things

This is a scum mindset.

VOTE: Cephir

Frog's issues with my post could also be deemed "reading too much into things" but you agree enough with him to vote me for the same reason. Yet you want to tell someone else they're reading too much into things? This is made even more interesting that you find it okay to agree with Frog's reach but don't like someone that you claim is reaching, reaching against Frog.
In post 90, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 88, redFF wrote:
In post 80, PenguinPower wrote:i don't really get the focus on kow's vote tbh...

also don't think andante's response to it was scum indicative rather than just andante indicative though
Regarding Kow, my thoughts...

1. Why does town need to plan what they are going to do for RVS in the pregame?

In post 18, Gamma Emerald wrote: That’s entirely fair
I just had the idea in pregame so I figured I’d vocalize it immediately.
In post 40, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 19, Andante wrote:
In post 13, Kowahbunga wrote:VOTE: andante

hi everyone
Yeah, actually, what specifically makes you park your rvs vote on me... could pick gamer, haschel, gamma, or penguin
yet you opted to join the vote on me. Please share why
I decided pre-game I would vote the first person voted, I'm not sorry it was you.
I think the justification of his RVS vote being "i decided pre-game" could have easily just been stolen from Gamma saying that she decided pregame to ask everyone to post a reads list. sort of "i'm getting pushed on my RVS vote, how do I explain it, i'll just say what Gamma said..."This is a bit of a reach but it did seem weird to me and worth pointing out.
Does this mean you also scum read Gamma for planning pregame or just me for doing it?
i feel like there are an immense amount of similarities between Kow's play in either game. I didn't bother to write them up earlier. I was curious if I could find anything now or I just imagined it, so I went back and within a few seconds I saw the above quote from the other game. You can see an example of just one way Kow is being consistent in the methods that he scum hunts from the above. I associate this same tell, which Kow is pointing out in two different games, with a user here named FrozenAngel. It's a legitimate way of scumhunting. If Kow is scum then they're doing a better job replicating Town than they need to IMO.

I'm not completely sold on Kow being Town, I have an entire tinfoil team solve which includes Kow, it's just my tinfoil team solve though. If there is evidence in the thread that I got tricked or emotionally manipulated by Kow then that's one thing. Barring that, my intuition is that Kow is Town, and I trust my intuition...to an extent.
The key difference I saw immediately was Kow felt more proactive that game instead of just snapping at specific people who were pressuring him early. He's also felt less fluid in this game. As I stated earlier, he made four consecutive posts that are effectively identical, all addressed to the same person, while other people were posting. I read his first 25 or so posts of that game and it doesn't feel similar like you're making it out to be. It doesn't mean he has to be scum, but I did want you to provide your reasoning.
I really think people should play this game rather than last game. I know you're only answering the questions being asked of you, and this is also directed at Frog.

It's hard enough for people to answer for their posts and positions in THIS game, to have to think back to the last game of why I made this decision or acted this way, I'm past it. I can't answer for it. I don't remember. Everything is always so "how i feel in the moment" - I have a general idea of what I'm looking for (ie stupid minute details that people always want to disregard but i want to latch on to because i have this feeling i'll catch someone slipping every time i read a post) but what I can't control is how confident I feel from one game or the next.

Like I feel I was too timid last game looking back at it but it was more just a lack of confidence and a desire not to be fooled that lead me to being much more cautious with posting.

After last game, and being right about Andante and I'd say I was ready for someone to question Firebringer and unfortunately that person should have been me. So I'm feeling like I caught 2 of the 3 and just didn't force my hand enough.

So this game I'm playing with a confidence I didn't have the previous game. So it's no wonder people may see it and think I'm playing different. The point is though, people worrying about it is just going to confuse themselves moving forward in this game.

So let's all just try to be here. Because this is the game we need to solve.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:44 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 228, Cephrir wrote:
In post 199, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 196, Crescent wrote: Oh and to further the point about #177 and #178, perspective slips don't really exist when it comes to nouns and pronouns. I once saw a town throw a game at lylo because someone accidentally referred to the scum team as "we" and was voted off strictly for that.

Couldn't care less that there's four interchangeable terms for not-town and he decided to use the one that people generally haven't been using this game so far.

It actually kind of bugs me a bit that FK didn't call this out because I believe he's a player that should know how meaningless the argument was.
It just pings me. Cool with your input on it and happy if it doesn't ping others. Just sticks out to me because subconscious slips are a thing. They've happened before, they'll happen again. Just because you can mention one game where it was wrong to follow this logic, doesn't mean all games and situations will always be just like that.

Your last bit means more to me than your opinion on my opinions though. You thinking Frog is off for not calling out something you think he should. Do you think Frog is trying to buddy me then?
FYI since this is a Normal game it's almost 100% guaranteed the scum are called mafia
Where I normally play is a sports forum that has a group of about 20 people that rotate in and out and a few who like to mod and they just do crazy stuff. So I'm a bit more programmed to notice something like what the scum team is called or a vote not being counted. I didn't realize the rules were that strict and I always assumed that faction names are just flavour and scum could be called anything the mod wants them to be.

The reason I felt that way is that the mod specifically says "scum" in their opening post. Why wouldn't the mod say "mafia" if it's always mafia in Normal games?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:50 am

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: geraintm

I'm starting to believe the bitterness is either being played up for character or you are expressing openly how you feel as scum. Either way.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:58 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 267, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 228, Cephrir wrote:
In post 199, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 196, Crescent wrote: Oh and to further the point about #177 and #178, perspective slips don't really exist when it comes to nouns and pronouns. I once saw a town throw a game at lylo because someone accidentally referred to the scum team as "we" and was voted off strictly for that.

Couldn't care less that there's four interchangeable terms for not-town and he decided to use the one that people generally haven't been using this game so far.

It actually kind of bugs me a bit that FK didn't call this out because I believe he's a player that should know how meaningless the argument was.
It just pings me. Cool with your input on it and happy if it doesn't ping others. Just sticks out to me because subconscious slips are a thing. They've happened before, they'll happen again. Just because you can mention one game where it was wrong to follow this logic, doesn't mean all games and situations will always be just like that.

Your last bit means more to me than your opinion on my opinions though. You thinking Frog is off for not calling out something you think he should. Do you think Frog is trying to buddy me then?
FYI since this is a Normal game it's almost 100% guaranteed the scum are called mafia
Where I normally play is a sports forum that has a group of about 20 people that rotate in and out and a few who like to mod and they just do crazy stuff. So I'm a bit more programmed to notice something like what the scum team is called or a vote not being counted. I didn't realize the rules were that strict and I always assumed that faction names are just flavour and scum could be called anything the mod wants them to be.

The reason I felt that way is that the mod specifically says "scum" in their opening post. Why wouldn't the mod say "mafia" if it's always mafia in Normal games?
Scum is more of a slang term we use for any non town faction
Bartleby the Scrivener
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:02 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 139, geraintm wrote:
In post 127, Frogsterking wrote: @
bianco
@
geraintm
@
Elements

Can I get your professional assessment on Clone?

#slimshady
It is day 1, I've mot read any of their posts and I am 100% certain they are scum. I once found scum on day 1 and this is proof that I cam successfully divine someone's scum status now
If you want me to reevaluate you can start that process by giving me a better answer to this, geraintm.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:06 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 268, Frogsterking wrote: VOTE: geraintm

I'm starting to believe the bitterness is either being played up for character or you are expressing openly how you feel as scum. Either way.
I don't need to give any explanation of what I have said, but anyone voting me is 213% scum.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:09 am

Post by Elements »

All my completed games
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:18 am

Post by biancospino »

The shtick is getting irksome. It's just obfuscating at this point. Again, yes or no, was you actually confident in your
bolded 100%
claim?
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:21 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

to

I think from this exchange, if you said "hey one of these are scum and one of these are town" I would go frog scum ceph town.

My biggest issue right now is that Frog seems to have dove so much down my rabbit hole that it feels almost on purpose he left out the fact I Ceph voted me before I responded. Like he wanted Ceph to bring it up so he could create his doubt post.

UNVOTE:

I'm starting to doubt my read on Ceph. While I think the reason I voted them ("don't read/look too much into it" can't remember the exact terminology, but this is the gist) is definitely a scummy thing to say, when I look back at the response Ceph gave on it, like they never tried to defend what they said or anything. They attacked my logic on it instead. Also other posts since then have screamed town at me. So I'm off this wagon today.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”