Micro 1070 | a micro normal | Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:26 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 348, Wavelength wrote: I think that the mass claim on this feels like a day 2 activity personally
deal
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He / They

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:26 am

Post by Wavelength »

In post 297, Andante wrote: and I'm missing 2 that I just can't even recall are here
Spoiler:
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:35 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 346, Alisae wrote:
In post 344, Aureal wrote: Alisae, do you think your joat role is the only non vanilla role in the game? I'm of the thought that massclaiming in general is bad, and your plan seems like it would nicely narrow the possibilities down for finding people who potentially have more useful roles.
It's possible it's not the only non-vanilla role in the game! This is the only con I can see to this but I feel like it's still +EV regardless.
I am no game designer but think it's more than just possible, I think it's almost certain. Your role has zero ability to confirm anything about anyone. You could send me a message saying "hi it's Alisae, I am town" but I have no more reason to believe it than from you saying it here. There's got to be something that actually helps with finding scum, game is way too scumsided otherwise.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:35 am

Post by Alisae »

Wavelength do you have a read on Datisi?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:36 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 352, Aureal wrote:
In post 346, Alisae wrote:
In post 344, Aureal wrote: Alisae, do you think your joat role is the only non vanilla role in the game? I'm of the thought that massclaiming in general is bad, and your plan seems like it would nicely narrow the possibilities down for finding people who potentially have more useful roles.
It's possible it's not the only non-vanilla role in the game! This is the only con I can see to this but I feel like it's still +EV regardless.
I am no game designer but think it's more than just possible, I think it's almost certain. Your role has zero ability to confirm anything about anyone. You could send me a message saying "hi it's Alisae, I am town" but I have no more reason to believe it than from you saying it here. There's got to be something that actually helps with finding scum, game is way too scumsided otherwise.
Yes! All Normals have at least 1 Village Power Role that does something to help village! This is common knowledge
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:37 am

Post by Wavelength »

Re: Herta's lack of response being their response

I went to check if they have been active in other threads on site, and just ignoring us, and the answer was no.

You can check yourself, but be wary of talking about on going games search.php?author_id=34745&sr=posts
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:41 am

Post by Alisae »

There is one more thing I would like to point out about my Joat abilities.

Functionally, they do the same thing.
I can attach a piece of fruit to the message and send someone my reads over night like a will.
Or I can just send someone a piece of fruit.

The messenger is just so clearly transparently better than the Fruit Vendor here which really sells this idea that both wolves have this role to me. There's just a lot of opportunities and a lot more options are allowed to be explored that way if both wolves have my role.
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:43 am

Post by Wavelength »

In post 353, Alisae wrote: Wavelength do you have a read on Datisi?
Not a strong one. Gth, I would go with town for the emotional reaction to the line that if he is town he is not critically thinking, but eh?
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:48 am

Post by Wavelength »

In post 111, Herta wrote: I found myself busy. I'll try to catch up this evening.

Gambler's fallacy says andante is town.

I will say that the fact that this post comes with a comment on Andante instead of Aureal is kind of suspicious, give the Aureal wagon was a real wagon already. To be clear, I am leaning scum on Herta -- But I don't think that the lack of posting since then is damning.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:21 am

Post by Aristeia »

I am not informed
You are always gonna be my love
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:22 am

Post by Aristeia »

that makes

Informed:
Alisae

Not Informed:
Wavelength
Datisi
Aristeia

am i missing anyone?
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:50 am

Post by Wavelength »

I believe Klick also said not informed
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:51 am

Post by Wavelength »

In post 206, Klick wrote:
In post 194, Alisae wrote: Much turmoil over if to hold off or to just shoot
I'm just going to shoot.

Curious as to who is informed of having my exact rolecard. I've done
A LOT
of thinking about this as well as what I think the setup could look like and I feel like it could be productive to massclaim who has this information. I am very curious to see who is willing to come out with it and I think I can find wolves based on the number of people who claim to have this information
No clue
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:25 pm

Post by Herta »

I"m not informed as to whatever the informed thing is. But I have to read to see.

I'm having a procedure done this week so will get into this when I can.

vla through 26 Feb
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by Wavelength »

In post 363, Herta wrote: I"m not informed as to whatever the informed thing is. But I have to read to see.

vla through 26 Feb
Hi, excuse me

Herta, you are on the biggest wagon of the day. Any comment?
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 363, Herta wrote: I"m not informed as to whatever the informed thing is. But I have to read to see.

vla through 26 Feb
Noted.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:59 pm

Post by Aureal »

"Hi I'm just not going to play the first gameday kthxbai"

Really think that calls for a replacement but in case they are around at all VOTE: Herta
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:26 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 167, mykonian wrote:
In post 165, Alisae wrote: That does sound like it would make Herta quite readable. Okay I like this more than your arguments for Aureal actually being a wolf. I read your arguments and I just think "Myko would probably be making this arguments if he was a wolf."
I'd be silly to put a townie looking person at E-1. That makes no sense at all.

You put scum there. I'm voting for the person with which limited information I have now I think is likely a baddie. I'd very much like everybody to do the same, but you won't oblige.
In post 165, Alisae wrote: I've never encountered someone saying "I don't want to tell wolves who obvtown is" why are you saying that?
Must be an old argument then. Though I kind of doubt it's gone out of meta? People always held their townreads a bit closer to their chest, might as well see if scum kill some reads you aren't too certain about. By the time night comes around, I don't know where my read stands. If I explain where it comes from, you might have a guess where it sits. I don't think her wagon has all that much substance, tbh. It feels like some people parking their vote there. Datisi and Klick are wait and see people like you. They just felt they had to put out a vote. Anyway, I'm hardly in a rush to get to Andante's aid on an early game read.
In post 165, Alisae wrote: I think this is fine because if they're a villager they see you and they are probably thinking that you don't care to understand them or see eye to eye. reading it more now it's probs likely to come from either alignment.
What you describe is what it would be coming from town. As luck would have it, we have the game Aureal talked about where she got quickhammered day one, where there is someone semi aggressively pushing her (furtiveglance) in micro 1068. And certain enough, she disagrees, but key: is rather annoyed with the push and the bandwagon. It gets cut short by the quickhammer. It's just talking though about all the reasons why they are wrong (and stupid, crazy), but no vote back.

It's completely different from here where she goes into a vote on me without talking about me at all till the vote, then coming up with logical reasons from the posts where I accuse her without actually calling out why I'm stupid to even think those reasons could apply to her here. She's not calling out the evidence, but calls out that I don't talk about andante when asked and instead talk about her.

(I didn't look up the meta till during today, did have a look to see if my way of treating the OMGUS post actually fit the person. People sometimes react differently from how you expect, but the response from 1068 is how I'd expect a town to suspect the people that are pushing them. It's not like this game. She's not prone to OMGUS anyway, tends to have a pretty open view on the game where she's not at all dependent on people interacting with her personally to gather her reads.)
I don't understand why you think Aureal will play one way, get quickhammered and yeeted as town. and then play the exact same way under pressure again.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:29 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 237, mykonian wrote:
In post 214, Klick wrote: Have I not been previously clear about my Aureal townread? Genuine question, because both yourself and Andante seem to not be considering it in the posts you're making. I don't want Aureal at E-1 because I have a fairly solid townread on Aureal, and I feel like that should be obvious.
Not really. From the top of my head there's two posts, one a bit earlier where you explain for Aureal that their vote was a continuation of the RVS and not really that serious (and how you are supposed to know their motives for them is a bit dubious), and another post where you state that she is following her stated plan for how she always plays games. Which is kind of what I have an issue with with Aureal in the first place. It feels like you see the same thing, except you think it's perfectly reasonable to present your gameplan, then execute said gameplan without actually taking into account what's happening in the game. So unless I missed some post, I don't think you've made a hard statement like "I will never vote Aureal and this is why", it's not that clear to me where the read is coming from and it feels a bit reactive. I'm pushing hard, so it's not weird some people are digging their heels in.

On that note, it's a bit silly at this point to call this wagon easy, I think you had before. We have two of the people actually presenting arguments why someone is scum on the Aureal wagon and it's impossible to get another vote at there apparently. You aren't the only one waiting and seeing. This game is going to have a deadline elimination unless a couple of you get yourself into gear.
Klick cont. wrote:I guess if I dive a bit deeper into that, I want to not disturb it, because I feel that often when I try to influence the discourse with specific intentions, I fail to get anything that significantly influences my read on the game. I find much more success getting an accurate read from watching a game develop naturally without large influence from me. So I want to encourage a gamestate that feels naturally developed to me so that I can solve it properly.

Outside of that, there are a few things that I don't want. I don't want Aureal eliminated. I don't want Wavelength eliminated. I don't want you eliminated, I think.
I'm not surprised, but this is why I'm not so convinced about your Aureal defense. You play for things you don't want. You don't want to upset the balance of the town, so the moment E-1 appears you try to get it back in balance. It's too early. That was influence, as is the chainsaw on Lisa that you try to get Datisi on board for (lets frame that negatively for the moment). Unless it's the unvote that bothers you?

If I had to make a case on you now, you are scum because you want a normal game where you can settle. You know Aureal is not your buddy and we are being a bit mean and you are a nice guy. It's easy to understand where she's coming from and we are piling it on there. The moment a weaker voice jumps on in a bit of a hesitant way, that's the moment to get off the stalling Andante wagon and see whether you can look proactive about Lisa. He'd been waffling all day, but this was the moment to shine, it flows naturally from your defense of Aureal too. Datisi isn't your partner but it's nice to buddy up to him, I suspect he tends to be a voice of reason in towns? (in the previous game he was a bit of a lurkerscum, so not certain).

Your partner... hmm. Not sure yet.

i dont really understand this post

why do you say klick scum does this for aureal town e-1?

why wouldnt klick scum just let you lim her?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:18 pm

Post by Alisae »

Ari what’s ur fav fruit
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:25 pm

Post by Alisae »

I took a nap for 7 hours cuz before that i ended up going to sleep early and waking up around like my 5-6am
I am surprised and not surprised that we are still on the same page tbh
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:44 pm

Post by Aristeia »

strawberries
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:45 pm

Post by Alisae »

My read on the game right now is Datisi wolf and I don't think Datisi votes Herta the way they do if they're w/w.
I empathize w/ people who want to use their vote to sort Herta but that's not me right now and even if it was me I don't mind waiting a couple of days before I have to inevitably go there due to how much easier it is just go there over trying to get someone active's head today. ig I can go there if I can see Datisi' innocence some time during the day.

I do think that they just skimmed this page, saw the informed stuff, and then decided to add to that. I think his post is pretty self-evident that he just skimmed this page > actually reading what's going on and keeping along I think.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:45 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 371, Aristeia wrote: strawberries
strawberries are super good
Alianna
Alianna