Micro 1070 | a micro normal | Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:00 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount
VC 1-XI

Gimli (2):
Klick (2):
Andante (2):
Aristeia (1):

Datisi (1):

Not Voting (1):

With 9 alive, it takes 5 for an execution.

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-02-26 00:51:00)

Mod notes:
  • I'm counting by hand, let me know if there is anything wrong.
  • The combined mod ISO can be found here.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:54 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 535, Aristeia wrote: hardomgusing his primary pusher is literally the easiest move for a scum under pressure to do.
Oh my. Do I have a wagon for you.

Can I interest you in Aureal?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:01 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 533, Klick wrote: TOWN
Wavelength
Aureal
Gimli

LEANING TOWN
mykonian

2/4 SCUM
Aristeia
Alisae
Datisi
Andante
As much as I enjoy being in a special category, you do have meta on me.

Is the meta helping or not?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He / They

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:45 am

Post by Wavelength »

I think that in most of Gimli's interactions with Ari, he does not appear to be talking in a way that makes sense to be a townie talking to their top scum read [who they think is currently pushing you in bad faith.]

He looks like he is talking to a townie that he is trying to get to re-evaluate him (especially early on) / discredit her read if she doesn't (more of this later on).

Once I made it clear that I did not wish to interact with him on my scum read on him (largely because I find that to be a fruitless endeavor for both parties, and one of the worst ways to get a genuine re-evaluation of a scum read) I am now being described as tunneled to discredit my read as well.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:57 am

Post by Klick »

In post 577, mykonian wrote:
In post 533, Klick wrote: TOWN
Wavelength
Aureal
Gimli

LEANING TOWN
mykonian

2/4 SCUM
Aristeia
Alisae
Datisi
Andante
As much as I enjoy being in a special category, you do have meta on me.

Is the meta helping or not?
In terms of, is it being used to inform my read? Of course. I know you a lot better than anyone else at the table.
But it's also probably the reason you're at 'leaning town' instead of just 'town'. I don't think your play looks massively different between town and scum. You play towards similar ideals regardless. The main difference here being that the things you're pushing atm feel like things you'd genuinely believe you're on the right track about.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:59 am

Post by Klick »

You also don't read as... I guess 'concerned' is the best way I can think to put it? I don't think you're thinking much at all about the thread's perception of you. I think you would be if you were scum.
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:02 pm

Post by Wavelength »

Hey Klick, if you think that I am really really wrong, now is the time to town case Gimli.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:03 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 569, Wavelength wrote:
In post 564, Klick wrote: Wavelength Gimli is like super town
Why do you think otherwise in like 2 sentences
Herta.

Performative catch up.

Overly focused on Winning Arguments
I don't think anything Herta did/didn't do is actually AI people just don't like it when slots don't have activity

Town and scum do performative catch ups I won't even contest that Gimli's catch up was performative but it wasn't scummy

Why do scum focus on Winning Arguments
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:06 pm

Post by Klick »

Gimli is like night and day from when we were scum together
Gimli's got a real perspective in this game and is passionate about it and I think it's because he believes what he's saying
Scum Gimli wanted to keep options open
This Gimli is eliminating options, limiting himself, because he's solving this game
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:12 pm

Post by Wavelength »

You don't think repping into a slot that had already hit e-1 would influence what you are perceiving as "keeping options open"

Because I vaguely agree with Ari's point that landing on a scum pool of exactly the people already voting for him is interesting. Although, my thought was more that he could be trying to not ruffle other players feathers into voting him.

I also don't think that he has very many town reads (other then you or me) that he really married him self to so strongly that he could not walk them back fairly trivially as read progression.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:21 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 507, Gimli wrote: I just played with aureal in a newbie and this just feels like it. I expect her to close down on people scumreading her, especially if it's for reasons she dislikes, and I view her reactions to myko as making a lot of sense for her and not scum posturing.
I am a little curious as to how you have expectations for what I would do in regards to people scumreading me; there was very little of that going on in that game since I got to skip tripping over my own feet in the early game by replacing in on page six, with a nice juicy argument that I can sink my teeth into sitting there waiting for me.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:32 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 585, Aureal wrote:]

I am a little curious as to how you have expectations for what I would do in regards to people scumreading me; there was very little of that going on in that game since I got to skip tripping over my own feet in the early game by replacing in on page six, with a nice juicy argument that I can sink my teeth into sitting there waiting for me.
Hi aureal good to be playing with u again

It's more of a personality read than something that specific that happened in the micro. I remember the way you were pressuring meg and then BBT in that game, and the way you're interacting with myko feels similar to that. I think you're more likely to see mykos push as disingenuous the same way you were seeing megs push on Dionysus as disingenuous in the micro. I probably shouldn't have phrased the way I did here other than to say you're playing in the way I'm expecting you to given the threadstate and what's being pushed around.

I also don't expect you to townread me after the micro no matter what I do but I wonder what you think of me rn.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:46 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 584, Wavelength wrote: You don't think repping into a slot that had already hit e-1 would influence what you are perceiving as "keeping options open"

Because I vaguely agree with Ari's point that landing on a scum pool of exactly the people already voting for him is interesting. Although, my thought was more that he could be trying to not ruffle other players feathers into voting him.

I also don't think that he has very many town reads (other then you or me) that he really married him self to so strongly that he could not walk them back fairly trivially as read progression.
I believe the actual pressure on Herta was far weaker than everyone involved wanted it to be
No one had legitimate reasons to strongly scumread Herta, not at a level where they were anywhere near guaranteed to be the lim today
I believe that makes this logic fall apart. There's no reason for Gimli to assume that the votes on Herta were going to stay on Gimli

Gimli's reads have a depth and nuance to them. I believe Gimli has put actual thought into his reads at a level that requires believing them. Sure he 'could walk them back fairly trivially as read progression' but that's just looking at the end result of what he posted without getting into the nitty gritty details.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:48 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 582, Klick wrote: Why do scum focus on Winning Arguments
Yeah I wonder that too. Like, what the heck are town supposed to do if people don't agree with them, shrug and go play videogames instead?

I guess it explains the scumreading of me, but I really don't get it. Isn't this game
about
arguing?
In post 583, Klick wrote: Gimli is like night and day from when we were scum together
Gimli's got a real perspective in this game and is passionate about it and I think it's because he believes what he's saying
Scum Gimli wanted to keep options open
This Gimli is eliminating options, limiting himself, because he's solving this game
Hmmm. This Gimli isn't seeming too different from the game we just played where he was scum. I don't think I can metaread him based off a scum game, and I think he knows that, as we had a little conversation in that game about what I might expect from someone who I had just seen as scum ("I don't really know").

Pedit: yes I wrote that without seeing Gimli's reply :P
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:08 pm

Post by Andante »

VOTE: Gimli
this is definitely a wolf, Herta was not towny, gimli seems to be trying way too hard to push me, I'm good with voting here
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:10 pm

Post by Andante »

and not to keep avoiding yall, but with this winter storm I'm not gonna be around tomorrow, at this rate I wouldn't expect much from me till the weekend. yeah. sorry folks, tryhard!andante aint here this game
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:10 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 578, Wavelength wrote: I think that in most of Gimli's interactions with Ari, he does not appear to be talking in a way that makes sense to be a townie talking to their top scum read [who they think is currently pushing you in bad faith.]

He looks like he is talking to a townie that he is trying to get to re-evaluate him (especially early on) / discredit her read if she doesn't (more of this later on).

Once I made it clear that I did not wish to interact with him on my scum read on him (largely because I find that to be a fruitless endeavor for both parties, and one of the worst ways to get a genuine re-evaluation of a scum read) I am now being described as tunneled to discredit my read as well.
I feel like a lot of this is echoing the way you were seeing me as well, would that be a reasonable assessment?

Anyway, I'm not sold on Gimli yet but I am trusting Klick and obviously we need to figure out Andante so I will VOTE: Andante here. I don't understand this slot at all- can anyone with meta on her explain how the heck someone who apparently thinks that reading 90% of the game is optional can manage to play this game?

Pedit: hi Andante, feel free to answer that question for yourself too please
-furtiveglance
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:13 pm

Post by Andante »

"vote andante... andante answer"
yeah no thanks, I told yall, I'm a little preocupied with stuff right now, I'm glad we have to lim me right now, right this very second. like, yall want to lim a slot that's done nothing? when I told yall I will definitely give stuff this weekend? like, good logic
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:14 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 591, Aureal wrote: obviously we need to figure out Andante
what's the rush?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:18 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 592, Andante wrote: "vote andante... andante answer"
yeah no thanks, I told yall, I'm a little preocupied with stuff right now, I'm glad we have to lim me right now, right this very second. like, yall want to lim a slot that's done nothing? when I told yall I will definitely give stuff this weekend? like, good logic
What do you think of the people who were considering Herta an inevitable elimination for, uh, not being around?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:19 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 593, Andante wrote:
what's the rush?
I dunno, ask mykonian? He was getting very worked up about a 'deadline' or something. And the game hadn't even been open 48 hours yet.
-furtiveglance
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 595, Aureal wrote:
In post 593, Andante wrote:
what's the rush?
I dunno, ask mykonian? He was getting very worked up about a 'deadline' or something. And the game hadn't even been open 48 hours yet.
I'm asking you cause you're voting me because of a rush, and you're just "idk go ask myko" like what?

VOTE: Aureal

YOU are the one voting ME because of said rush, and you don't even know what this rush is?? "Oh idk, there's a rush, just gonna plop my vote on the person not here right now, that's a real easy wagon to start pushing"
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:59 pm

Post by Aureal »

Well you're the one bringing up the concept of any sort of rush, so asking me to explain what you're talking about isn't very fair is it? The only other person who I've noted being concerned about time is, as I said, mykonian.
-furtiveglance
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:03 pm

Post by biancospino »