Micro 1072: Turf Wars | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them | it/its

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:21 pm

Post by Oclaxian Empire »

LOL NO. That can't be less truthful about how I signup for games LOL. I don't really read the setup before the game starts most of the time. Grim normally reads the setup in full detail, but I don't lol.

If there's a cult involved, that's all I read. Just that there's a cult and once the game starts, I'll figure out more later.
If there's known hoods/masonries involved, that's all I'll read and figure out more later.
Anything else, I'm probably not interested in playing unless it's a very unique setup or a theme I care about.
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:22 pm

Post by Skygazer »

still reading/note taking
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:24 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 350, Oclaxian Empire wrote: LOL NO. That can't be less truthful about how I signup for games LOL. I don't really read the setup before the game starts most of the time. Grim normally reads the setup in full detail, but I don't lol.

If there's a cult involved, that's all I read. Just that there's a cult and once the game starts, I'll figure out more later.
If there's known hoods/masonries involved, that's all I'll read and figure out more later.
Anything else, I'm probably not interested in playing unless it's a very unique setup or a theme I care about.
Oh I get where you are coming from, and I do think I am being unfair to you. But my gut is not letting this go.
In post 351, Skygazer wrote: still reading/note taking
Thanks for that important update.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:27 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 272, furtiveglance wrote: Oclaxian seems towny so far. I want to elim and shoot in Sky, Lorne, Aureal and KT
Why the Oclaxian TR and Lorne SR?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:29 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 279, patchwork wrote:
In post 277, Oclaxian Empire wrote: Why do you think Sky town?
They feel a little opportunistic by the way they're jumping around on wagons and stuff, especially their furtive vote, but for me, it's just sort of the energy and the vibe. So my opinion can definitely change if someone presents evidence, but for the time being, I think they're town. Also, they have good vibes and I like them for it.
furtive vote was because they came in with mostly fluff and mechanical stuff; seemed like they were trying to appear helpful w/o trying to solve
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:30 pm

Post by Skygazer »

although if furtive were scum i think they'd come up with a better reasoning for OMGUSing me than vibes lol so UNVOTE:
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:36 pm

Post by Skygazer »

oclaxian comes across as kind of scummy to me bc they're posting a lot but their posting seems very inoffensive? it feels like they're just kind of throwing a lot out there to appear townie but come across as somewhat reserved to me
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:36 pm

Post by Skygazer »

goddamn im bad at this game
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:38 pm

Post by Skygazer »

not to beat a dead horse but patchwork has this stream of consciousness thing going on that seems hard to replicate as town
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:43 pm

Post by Skygazer »

kittytack posting that lorne and patch aren't scum together kinda feels like a take that comes from actually trying to solve so +town
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:46 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

I have a question for the class, without naming names......

Do you think your Hood partner is scum?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:54 pm

In post 356, Skygazer wrote: oclaxian comes across as kind of scummy to me bc they're posting a lot but their posting seems very inoffensive? it feels like they're just kind of throwing a lot out there to appear townie but come across as somewhat reserved to me
grim: i tend to be very reserved in general lol.
In post 360, Doctor Drew wrote: I have a question for the class, without naming names......

Kori: Do you think yours is?
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:59 pm

Post by Skygazer »

I think I like patchwork Drew and kitty for town for now? there's some furtive posting i don't like, but i feel like scum are risk averse. omgusing me with such meh reasoning is something that scum might hesitate on doing due to the potential bad optics. lorne is nuller but they did have a strong/bold entrance, but considering they're an alt i should probably assume that what they've posted isn't out of their scumrange. that leaves aureal and oclaxian as my top scummiest i guess, but neither of those reads are very strong right now.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:06 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 185, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: why does someone coming across as unreserved make u think they might be town?
scum temper their words more, think a lot more about the content of their posts before posting, tend to plan more around having natural trajectories, worry about optics, etc
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:19 pm

Post by Skygazer »

i feel like no one else will agree w me on this but VOTE: oclaxian
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:22 pm

Post by Skygazer »

in addition to the points i made i feel like if aureal isn't scum then oclaxian's vote is somewhat opportunistic bc even though they made the first vote, it seemed to kind of be consensus/not controversial iirc

:tinfoil hat: and if aureal is scum... bussing? :shifty:
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:22 pm

Post by Skygazer »

ok ya i should sleep tho
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:23 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 325, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 309, Oclaxian Empire wrote:
In post 307, Aureal wrote: Could easily be a scum partner going "OMGWTF dude why did you say that, shut up about that and find something else to talk about so maybe they won't dig at it too much"
scum have their scum pt so why would they need to post smth like that in the thread?
Seriously, this is such a jump to a conclusion. I checked the setup and it doesn't specifically say mafia have day talk, but I assume they do?

Why wouldn't this just be a topic of discussion in the scum PT? Even if they don't have day talk, why would they make such a blatant post like you mentioned?
"blatant"? So you're agreeing with me that it seems like it could be the reaction a scum partner would have?

Like, I don't know why that's such a strange thing to you. Do you not believe that scum could ever possibly try to lead a partner to more productive talk with posts in-game? Do you not believe that town can think that scum are doing that? I just told you that I just saw that sort of thing in a previous game; do you think I'm lying? Because you can read for yourself.

In post 334, Doctor Drew wrote: And I am not super confident on Oclaxian, but feel like Aureal needs the tires kicked on at least.
Oh dear, is that really your only line? Your tire kicking won't be any more effective here. :P
In post 337, Doctor Drew wrote: But, you saying that mod wouldn't put both scum in a hood together, even though mod said that could happen. And you implying that scum have day talk, even though it is never mentioned in the game setup.

Maybe I am judging you too harshly, but you have modded many a game here.....many with some crazy setups(love your games btw.....only a few more spots for Weird Dreams!), but you would know these things. I have somewhat of a ping that you may have slipped.
Wait, are you calling Oc out on the same potential scumslip I'm calling furtive out on- acting like it's certain that scum are not paired? But it's crazy and scummy for me to do it? Like, what?

I totally would assume mafia PT is open at all times, too, because that's how all games I've been in have been. Are there actually many games where it isn't?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:33 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 360, Doctor Drew wrote: I have a question for the class, without naming names......

Explain how this is not fishing for info on who the neighbors are?
In post 354, Skygazer wrote: furtive vote was because they came in with mostly fluff and mechanical stuff; seemed like they were trying to appear helpful w/o trying to solve
Thanks for following up with the reasoning behind the vote, I was confused why you would vote him at the same time for a different reason.
In post 363, Skygazer wrote:
In post 185, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: why does someone coming across as unreserved make u think they might be town?
scum temper their words more, think a lot more about the content of their posts before posting, tend to plan more around having natural trajectories, worry about optics, etc
People who say this sort of thing make me sad. :(
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Lorne Malvo
Lorne Malvo
Goon
Lorne Malvo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:26 pm

Post by Lorne Malvo »

In post 300, patchwork wrote:
In post 295, Lorne Malvo wrote:
In post 294, Oclaxian Empire wrote: why arent u interested in the game lorne?
Just a mood thing I guess + I'm frankly useless day 1 (or however it longs it takes to flip a mafia)
lorne do u wanna be my thread mason (insert the pleading face emoji here) i can help you feel less useless uwu
okay, that was cringe but can we get some reads asides from your tr on me
No
Lorne Malvo
Lorne Malvo
Goon
Lorne Malvo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:29 pm

Post by Lorne Malvo »

The more I'm told to do something, the less the chance of me actually doing it
People being annoyed/angry gives me reason to keep not doing it
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:53 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 249, patchwork wrote:
In post 226, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 57, patchwork wrote: hey KittyTacky when you get onto the game can you provide your opinion on the players (especially furtive and lorne)
Furt probably town. I dunno about Lome except that if he's scum it's not with you. I'm still reading.
interesting okay
why do you think me and lorne aren't paired? can't we both just be town
If you're both town then you aren't paired as I meant it. I thought it was clear I meant "paired as scum".
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:54 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 254, patchwork wrote:
In post 229, KittyTacky wrote: Drew scummy ngl.
what gave you this impression?
Vibes mostly.
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:02 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 292, Aureal wrote:
In post 255, patchwork wrote: btw, aureal, when you have time, can we have a readlist? pretty please with a cherry on top?
I'm not typically much for doing this 'readlist' thing but since you asked nicely, in descending order of towniness:

Doctor Drew: leaning town as I feel pretty in sync with his attitude here (no I did not think his saying he "loved" Lorne's TR on patch meant he was saying it was townie), also furtive gave a meta-read that Drew is town and if furtive is scum he's probably not starting off the game with little but a TR on his partner

Oclaxian Empire: I don't agree with all their takes but asks good questions, seems to actually be trying to figure things out

Skygazer: mixed feelings, had to ISO her to even remember anything besides getting thrown off by Drew's sarcastic 'love', I don't love the talk about her neighbor being town and asking about neighbor claiming at the start but I did like the retort to Lorne about being able to change reads

patchwork: uuuuuuuuuuh I'm not nearly as sold on 'overeager town' as everyone else, I'm finding it hard to follow the deluge of posts, and the reaction to furtive's mistake seems like the sort of thing they'd say if scum partnered

Lorne Malvo: I did not like , kinda seemed like trying to direct the flow of the game, and the whole conversation about TRing patch to saying not to casually throw out townreads to acting very confident about it reads really oddly- I guess it's a serious read now but for a while there it seemed like some sort of game Lorne was playing

KittyTacky: I don't know where they're coming from with reads that are largely the opposite of how I feel and his reads give me nothing to work with to know why, also it seems kinda scummy the way he reacted to my massclaim joke

furtiveglance: possible scumslip, hasn't been much of a presence (and I kind of expect him to be a presence), and his waffling on Lorne seems like the sort of thing he'd scumread
I am slightly autistic so I might take jokes like serious proposals sometimes. Sorry for that.
~Vasex
~Enchant
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:45 am

Here’s a genuine question: what do people make of Lorne’s recent posting?

#CultsArentBastard

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”