Micro 1073: Purgatory - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:29 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 313, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 312, BloodB0t wrote:
In post 311, Kowahbunga wrote: My read through was not as productive as I thought it would be
Why?
I only found one post out of the 12 pages that I felt strongly about. I was hoping for more.
This feels like a pretty scummy sequence. (Sorry, Kowahbunga! Keen to talk if I'm wrong.)
Request: please find any post any other player feels strongly about, and explain why you don't feel strongly about it. (E.g. mastina cares about a lot of posts by Arko or OE. Vanders cares about mastina's towncase on Arko.)
In post 315, Arko wrote: Hello... I guess. I'm tired.
I'm not really finding much motivation and fun in this setup. 5v3 is feeling kinda bad to play in, personally. Pure Dayplay 5v3 to be specific.
But I'll continue to soldier on for like another day or two.

I have no reads really, this game hasn't been fun to me, and is on the backburner and will most likely be sent further into the backburner.

Oh well, I'll read it when I come home. Maybe I can actually get something done?
I have no idea if this will end up being helpful, but one idea may be to try to concentrate on one small aspect at a time? Just focus on one small interaction and try to nail down how you feel about that interaction. Also don't be afraid to just throw out some questions or talk about what you feel uncertain about. I liked your post 237!
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 322, AurorusVox wrote: Aisa have you commented on my case vs arko regarding the e-2 fiasco?
Mm not quite, I'll do it now:
Spoiler:
In post 239, AurorusVox wrote:@ranger/arko that’s not the part I was bothered about. It was the difference between the thoughts on ox being at e-2 in these posts (you didn’t put ox at e-2 but you thought you had):
In post 54, Arko wrote: Ok yeah... 3 Sinners v 5 Saints from my point of view. So I'm literally not able to believe 3 of you. That's not the best. But what pers- I mean system I'm feeling is sinning a little too much? Maybe somethint to do with cults was how they sinned? Dunno, Don't care. VOTE: Empire I personally don't like the posts, and with the 3:5 ratio not including me... I'm honestly sure on killing this unless someone fucks up more, or they get out of it well.
In post 55, Arko wrote: I think that might be E-2 By the way, let them breath for some time before voting them.

In post 118, Arko wrote: Morning.
UNVOTE:
Ok... 3 Votes on ox already is way too quick. It took you guys only like 12 hours past my original vote. plus, BB was against ox too so they might of voted/hammered also. That's way too quick for a game with 3 scum vs 6.
To be fair that is a bit worrying, yeah
I can think of reasons it might come from a townie and I'm tempted to kinda shrug it off / Ranger's reasons to townread Arko are strong enough for me that this isn't enough to make me scumread the slot.
I don’t like the fact arko has not engaged with this point against him; and instead has retreated into disengagement. It seems this is his MO if Asia having to ask again and again is anything to go by.
This is definitely a bit +scum, and I do think Arko should address this point when he is next around (
@Arko
).
Ranger I can’t tell if their “reevaluation” of arko is legit or fabricated to deflect heat from their own position.
Had a similar thought to yours.
Though I've literally just had a similar reaction to your case as Ranger did so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ maybe she is just still town!
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:01 pm

Post by Aisa »

Anyway, I have put less effort into the game today than yesterday, gonna sheep my read from yesterday that Ranger is likely town. So the priority is to get this wagon off Ranger.

VOTE: BloodB0t who wants to wagon this with me? xx
I can case tomorrow.
Why not Oclaxian Empire, you might wonder? I like some of the points Vander has brought up for why they might be town, gut says BloodB0t is a bit scummier.

Kowahbunga also has ~24 hours to town it up or convince me that post of theirs I quoted is not scummy before I start thinking that wagoning them is fair play.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:36 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 324, AurorusVox wrote: @kowah maybe I missed it but what was the one post you felt strongly about?
In post 178, Oclaxian Empire wrote: once again tho - activity this early in the game is meaningless. that’s the entire point. it was what, two pages in the game?

about 15hrs had passed at that point and game started at abt noon cst, meaning that it’s super possible that someone could’ve seen it, been at work and hasn’t had a chance to respond. or been asleep, got up for work, seen it and couldn’t respond.

the fact a post like that came 15 fucking hours after game start and is a basis of a tr is abysmal. i think either ur a partner with arko, or scum trying to pocket arko.
I town read Oxclaxian for this post.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:39 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 318, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 305, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 301, Bellaphant wrote: Fair, think I'm just in my head a bit about the set up, as it seems fairly town sided but with slightly less info to go on than normal? I don't think I've played nightless before.
Why do you think it feels town sided?
This reads REALLY bad, I feel like it's way too late in the game to care about these questions.

This just reeks of fake hunting.
I think you're reaching for something here. My question was in response to a post only 4 posts before the one you have an issue with. What's wrong with me trying to engage with someone and have a conversation with them? You know I just replaced in? Besides, I personally didn't like the fact they feel it's townsided or the fact they wanted to articulate that message to the players in this game.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:50 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 310, BloodB0t wrote: I think the setup is townsided because it has a history of 5 town wins and 1 mafia win.
For instance, I look at this POV about it and the opinion that it's town sided and think this is much more likely a town POV that Bellaphant's POV about it. Because the more I think about it, Bella's issue with the game makes no sense from town pov. It seems like they're worried about the setup, but yet call it townsided. Wouldn't having the opinion of it being townsided also be a cause for confidence... If you are town?

At this point I really feel like Bella manufactured their townsided opinion. That and not being familiar with the setup, while also being able to act worried about the set up they apparently don't know enough about to know the player split of.

VOTE: Bella
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:53 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 325, Aisa wrote: Request: please find any post any other player feels strongly about, and explain why you don't feel strongly about it. (E.g. mastina cares about a lot of posts by Arko or OE. Vanders cares about mastina's towncase on Arko.)
I'm going to politely decline doing this. I want to be in the game as it currently is, and will be responding to posts that are happening now.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:58 pm

Post by Alianna »

Votecount 1.06

Ranger (3):
Vanderscamp, BloodB0t, Oclaxian Empire.
Arko (2):
Bellaphant, AurorusVox.
Oclaxian Empire (1):
Ranger.
BloodB0t (1):
Aisa.
Bellaphant (1):
Kowahbunga.

Not Voting (1):
Arko.

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to condemn someone to the fiery pits of
hell

The phase deadline is in (expired on 2023-03-17 19:40:55).
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
Mini Normal 2337 is in signups with 8/13 slots remaining!
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:31 pm

Post by Alianna »

Arko has requested replacement.
I townread Alianna.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:47 pm

Post by Alianna »

Doctor Drew replaces Arko.
I townread Alianna.

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:52 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Super Saint Drew ready to cast some demons to hell.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:57 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

P1

RVS and setup talk, Ranger being Ranger....gets heat for it.....blah

Vander in post 24, pings as scum for trying to force a read maybe, stay tuned
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:59 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 30, Oclaxian Empire wrote:
In post 23, Bellaphant wrote: Eh, I felt like ranger making a reads list was the end of rvs?

Why is set up spec so towny? Like, it just seems factual
That’s just Ranger’s playstyle
Like I said.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:01 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 42, BloodB0t wrote: I just thought it was a bit suspicious for Arko to gain so much support so quickly for things I thought was mostly NAI (setup spec).
Huh?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:03 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Oh God P3 sucks, this argument hurts my brain.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:07 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

P4, liking vander for town

I always town read Korina(Ox) early on, then I end to sway from that position.......but it really feels like typical them.....

So I can't hate the heat on them, but can't hate them as well.....shrugs
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:12 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 100, Bellaphant wrote: I don't think this is ai from ox, I seem to remember this just being them. I think vander has the best take on what they were saying though.

What's weird is that it didn't make me feel more about arko.
Did you just read my post??

Oh, ya this was in the past lol.....carry on.

Getting a bit of a bad vibe on Aisa here on P5.....she started in rvs(nothing wrong with that), but has barely progressed out of it.

You know I definitely got my eye on you as well Aisa ;)
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:22 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Skipped a bit ahead.

P8, ooh some fireworks.

I don't hate Vox calling out my formal self, I would have done the same, some town points for you, don't spend it all at once.

The Ox/Ranger spat seems.....petty? I dunno, hope it gets fleshed out a bit in the next few pages......legit pings me as scum v scum.

Ox's brief self vote was bad.

Also Aisa and Vander seem like some theater.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:35 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 272, Vanderscamp wrote: I think blood is quite towny, I agree with all of what they're saying.
Agreed, although still not loving you and Aisa for town, so there is that.....speaking of
In post 291, Aisa wrote: I need rest too, last points before I go:
- Ranger is town, Ranger wagon not good, if I wake up tomorrow and see that you people have decided to hammer Ranger before I can post again I am certainly not going to be advocating for sending any of you to heaven in the next phase xx
- Not going to fan the flames on Oclaxian Empire's wagon when I haven't digested the whole case, but at a first glance I like that vote a lot more than Ranger or Arko.
- Welcome to the game Kowahbunga!
- Happy scumday, AurorusVox!
- Am I just going to sheep Ranger into oblivion this game? Keep reading to find out!
Maybe it is just bias, but feeling the same scummy vibes from you Aisa. And the part about hoping Ranger isn't hammered before you can post screams of Titus from ChatGPT.

I might be unfair, but you are lucky I am not vig this game ;)

More or less done with my catchup.....kinda skimmed a bit but wanted to at least get the general gist of the happenings here.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:39 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

VOTE: Oclax

As described don't love Aisa or Vander for town, but there is a vibe thing going on there that is making me think associative, so may be getting ahead of myself, especially with my bias of seeing Aisa scum so much recently lol.

Ranger and Oclax, as I said, could easily be theater scum v scum, so I think it is best to them having be competing wagons, and as mentioned I hated Oclax's brief self vote.....seemed overly dramatic and playing to their meta.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:48 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 329, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 318, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 305, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 301, Bellaphant wrote: Fair, think I'm just in my head a bit about the set up, as it seems fairly town sided but with slightly less info to go on than normal? I don't think I've played nightless before.
Why do you think it feels town sided?
This reads REALLY bad, I feel like it's way too late in the game to care about these questions.

This just reeks of fake hunting.
I think you're reaching for something here. My question was in response to a post only 4 posts before the one you have an issue with. What's wrong with me trying to engage with someone and have a conversation with them? You know I just replaced in? Besides, I personally didn't like the fact they feel it's townsided or the fact they wanted to articulate that message to the players in this game.
Because I don't think that's a very relevant thing to discuss at this stage of the game. Like, Bella could be scum but completely genuine about thoughts relating to the setup, so I'm not sure what kind of answer you're looking for.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:42 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 310, BloodB0t wrote: I think the setup is townsided because it has a history of 5 town wins and 1 mafia win. I wouldn't be able to tell by looking at the mechanics of it. That being said, I'm not sure what we gain by knowing it's townsided. Does that mean we shouldn't try as hard?
In post 299, Bellaphant wrote: Bloodbot, struggling to read you too: can you throw a question or thought at me?
I don't have much to say, other than to ask for your thoughts behind:
In post 308, Bellaphant wrote: NGL I'd kinda been looking for two scum.
I'm looking forward to Kowahbunga's thoughts on the game.
Yeah, I think it was because of the talk of pairs and theatre? Ox/arko, arko/ranger, etc. I am not good at mech at the best of tinws
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:44 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 327, Aisa wrote: Anyway, I have put less effort into the game today than yesterday, gonna sheep my read from yesterday that Ranger is likely town. So the priority is to get this wagon off Ranger.

VOTE: BloodB0t who wants to wagon this with me? xx
I can case tomorrow.
Why not Oclaxian Empire, you might wonder? I like some of the points Vander has brought up for why they might be town, gut says BloodB0t is a bit scummier.

Kowahbunga also has ~24 hours to town it up or convince me that post of theirs I quoted is not scummy before I start thinking that wagoning them is fair play.
Still not sure on ranger and think Ox is probably town but I like this from Aisa. Can go back in the town pile. Big agree on kowah
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:49 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 330, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 310, BloodB0t wrote: I think the setup is townsided because it has a history of 5 town wins and 1 mafia win.
For instance, I look at this POV about it and the opinion that it's town sided and think this is much more likely a town POV that Bellaphant's POV about it. Because the more I think about it, Bella's issue with the game makes no sense from town pov. It seems like they're worried about the setup, but yet call it townsided. Wouldn't having the opinion of it being townsided also be a cause for confidence... If you are town?

At this point I really feel like Bella manufactured their townsided opinion. That and not being familiar with the setup, while also being able to act worried about the set up they apparently don't know enough about to know the player split of.

VOTE: Bella
Like, you've missed the point: the focus isn't the amount of scum, that's not what makes it town or scum sided to me, it's the set up: I've never played nightless, plus I've never played finding scum and town separately. It would've probably made it clearee to say I'm much more looking forward to tomorrow, as I prefer town hunting.

I don't think I've ever faked a town slip in my life. And If I had , I'd like to think that I did it a lot better than that, rather than just post a jumble of numbers.
It feels like whatever I said to answer the question, you would've scum read it.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:50 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Did like rangers response about reading posts, did kinda like Drew's catch up but his scum reads are my biggest town reads.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”