Micro 1075: The Coalition of Imaginary Creatures (Game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:02 am

Post by Bingle »

Anyway, I've gotta go get a part fabricated, so I'll be back later.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:07 am

Post by patchwork »

i'm kind of tempted to hammer the coalition and watch it fail
lolhammer count: 3
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:24 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 576, patchwork wrote: i'm kind of tempted to hammer the coalition and watch it fail
Do you have any original ideas you might be able to share?
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:25 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 573, Bingle wrote:
In post 570, Eiralox wrote: Saying 'your tunnel on me auto-loses this game' is one hell of a stretch by the way and will not ease my read on you. There are 9 players, 7 tomorrow. This game isn't 'hey everyone let's listen and believe everything eira says', I don't want it to be, so this statement is on the whole quite weird.
Is it? Say the coalition doesn't work (which I'm actually pretty happy about it working now, tbh, based on patch's response here). You want to eliminate umlaut because you think he's my partner. You want to eliminate nsg because you think she's my partner. How much of a stretch is it that scum will capitalize on you trying to eliminate anyone who even so much as looks like they might be my partner for free miseliminations?
It is. I'm not the only voice here. You assume people will listen to me? I don't get that assumption. And again, outside of partner hunting I stated my reasons for an um/nsg push outside of associatives with you tho. Mostly nsg. I might be mellowing on umlaut.

nsg: exlcude um, key, dunn
nsg: include um, key, n_m

There's no record of thought progression, it's a very interesting change, on a failed coalition why wouldn't nsg be a good push?
In post 574, Bingle wrote:
In post 571, Eiralox wrote: I'm not sure what you want from me.
Explicitly, I want you in a place where you're willing to think about what the world looks like if I'm town, and I don't think that happens without my elimination if this coalition does fail. I'll take a guaranteed miselim over multiple likely ones.
Again, I don't like statements like these. I already stated my mind can change along the line. What mkles you think I'll even succeed in pushing nsg(or maybe um) through today? Both are pretty widely townread. Statements like this and above feel panicky to me.

In a world where you're town you're town. I have set out many reasons why I believe this might not be the case. So what makes your mis-elim better here? Why aren't you telling me to vote kawaii or n_m today, or patch? Why is it so important to create this narrative that I have to push you instead of nsg or maybe umlaut?

We're going to talk in circles and create thread clutter. If my read on you changes, it changes. I work with what I have and for now I don't find it unlikely that scum will be in frequent posters, and someone widely tr'd like nsg on a failed coalition. That's optimal scum strat in this setup: look towny, be townread, become part of the borg collective. I said I will not be voting you today.

I thinks that's all.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:26 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 577, Bingle wrote:
In post 576, patchwork wrote: i'm kind of tempted to hammer the coalition and watch it fail
Do you have any original ideas you might be able to share?
No, sorry, I'm scum sheeping Eira. So no original ideas for you
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:33 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 579, patchwork wrote: No, sorry, I'm scum sheeping Eira. So no original ideas for you
You do realize that if you're town this does absolutely nothing to help me fix my read on you, right? I'd imagine as town you'd be interested in being read correctly, particularly with the stated concern that the coalition I'm supporting is going to fail.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:36 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 580, Bingle wrote:
In post 579, patchwork wrote: No, sorry, I'm scum sheeping Eira. So no original ideas for you
You do realize that if you're town this does absolutely nothing to help me fix my read on you, right? I'd imagine as town you'd be interested in being read correctly, particularly with the stated concern that the coalition I'm supporting is going to fail.
I really don't give a shit anymore tbh
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:36 am

Post by patchwork »

I'll come back to the game after I reread and get some new impressions. Which is later.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:44 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 578, Eiralox wrote: Why aren't you telling me to vote kawaii or n_m today, or patch?
I'd obviously prefer patch. I'm willing to consider nsg, now that you have talked a bit about reasons other than 'being partnered with bingle' to suspect her. I agree that her absence here is troubling. I'd vaguely prefer letting BoP solve her, but I think it's likely a theoretical KeyTown eats the bullet if we lim her and that solves another slot I'm less confident on. Kawaii is both a low information lim and also not likely to be on the coalition, so a failed coalition means that's a bad lim all around.

578 does make me feel a lot better that you're not going to blindly lim on the basis of "maybe they're paired with Bingle", though, so I'm willing to drop that for now.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:55 am

Post by Eiralox »

I stated those reasons long before you said I'm not stating any reasons. That was a repeat, before you said I'm only looking only looking from a partenered perspective I had an entire post up why nsg can be scum independently. It's framings of narrative such as these that will not make me trust you or your coalition, among other factors.

If the coalition everyone seems to be heading towards fails btw I'll look at nsg and umlaut, yes.

If no one bites, Kawaii is my lim. Straight up outside of an actual scumread kawaii is an excellent lim, if we get little from them today I'm not going to keep my hopes up and just straight up policy over N_M. Kawaii over patch any day.

I believe I've covered everything I want to. I'm ok with my coalition but would prefer dunnstral over umlaut. If there's any chance tho I have to compromise somewhere.

It would be lovely to hear from everyone before there's an actual hammer.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:14 am

Post by Keychain »

In post 551, Bingle wrote:
In post 534, patchwork wrote:
In post 533, Keychain wrote: We have less than four days remaining so at this point I'll take anything that doesn't contain kawaii or dunn to avoid day ending without elimination if coalition fails
Seconded
In post 538, patchwork wrote: Eira not to pocket you please don’t take this as pocketing but I would follow you to the ends of the fucking earth. Literally your vibes are SO on point. You want me to vote someone? Sure. I’ll even help you scumcase them.
These are exactly what give me the bad vibes from patch, fwiw.
Ok you're not wrong here and patch (who is not in the coalition gaining steam) supporting Eira stalling and breaking it up instead of... idk, delivering on that statement in 534 and hammering the coalition so we have TIME to discuss any elim after doesn't feel great for their alignment. It does make me a bit more confident in the coalition that no one has hammered it in the last 12 hours

In post 541, northsidegal wrote: actually i am just fully gonna sheep keychain
spooky
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:27 am

Post by Keychain »

I'll count some votes to hopefully win N_M's support on this coalition because I'm feeling too much time pressure to consider changing anything about it now, and patch's posting looks a bit like a hail mary.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:34 am

Post by Keychain »

In post 584, Eiralox wrote: It would be lovely to hear from everyone before there's an actual hammer.
I love this sentiment and the desire to have everyone weigh in Eira but also - if the coalition is right the game is over, if we're wrong we have very little time to organise an elimination already. We can discuss more and everyone can chip in before deadline if the game is still underway. No other coalition is going to get enough support in time to also discuss an elimination so please put me out of my misery and hammer this so I don't have to count the votes for N_M, I already regret promising to do that, manual votecounting is SO painful
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:39 am

Post by lilith2013 »

V
OTECOUNT
E
LIMINATION
V
OTES
P
LAYER
N
AME
C
URRENT
V
OTES
Keychain (2)
northsidegal, Not_Mafia
patchwork (0)
None
KawaiiKame (1)
Keychain
Not_Mafia (0)
None
northsidegal (0)
None
Eiralox (0)
None
Umlaut (0)
None
Dunnstral (0)
None
Bingle (0)
None
NOT VOTING:
patchwork, KawaiiKame, Dunnstral, Bingle, Umlaut, Eiralox
C
OALITION
V
OTES
P
LAYER
N
AME
C
URRENT
C
OALITION
Keychain (5)
Keychain, northsidegal, Eiralox, Umlaut, Not_Mafia
patchwork (4)
patchwork, northsidegal, Eiralox, Not_Mafia
KawaiiKame (5)
Eiralox, Dunnstral, Keychain, northsidegal, Umlaut
Not_Mafia (5)
Not_Mafia, Keychain, patchwork, northsidegal, Eiralox
northsidegal (5)
northsidegal, Eiralox, Keychain, Umlaut, Not_Mafia
Eiralox (5)
Eiralox, Not_Mafia, Keychain, patchwork, Umlaut
Umlaut (5)
Umlaut, northsidegal, Keychain, Eiralox, Not_Mafia
Dunnstral (5)
Dunnstral, Umlaut, Eiralox, Bingle, northsidegal
Bingle (5)
Umlaut, northsidegal, Keychain, Eiralox, Not_Mafia
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lock in a Coalition and 5 to eliminate.
Deadline: (expired on 2023-04-06 14:49:20)
Notes:
Imaginary creatures have completely fallen by the wayside
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:47 am

Post by Keychain »

oh an official one is probably incoming but this is my count, grouped the consensus coalition at the top

Keychain (5): Keychain, northsidegal, Eiralox, Umlaut, Not_Mafia
northsidegal (5): northsidegal, Eiralox, Keychain, Umlaut, N_M
Umlaut (5): Umlaut, northsidegal, Keychain, Eiralox, Not_Mafia
Bingle (5): Umlaut, northsidegal, Keychain, Eiralox, N_M
patchwork (4): patchwork, northsidegal, Eiralox, Not_Mafia
KawaiiKame (5): Eiralox, Dunnstral, Keychain, northsidegal, Umlaut
Not_Mafia (5): Not_Mafia, Keychain, patchwork, northsidegal, Eiralox
Eiralox (5): Eiralox, Not_Mafia, Keychain, patchwork, Umlaut
Dunnstral (5): Dunnstral, Umlaut, Eiralox, Bingle, northsidegal
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:05 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 587, Keychain wrote:
In post 584, Eiralox wrote: It would be lovely to hear from everyone before there's an actual hammer.
I love this sentiment and the desire to have everyone weigh in Eira but also - if the coalition is right the game is over, if we're wrong we have very little time to organise an elimination already. We can discuss more and everyone can chip in before deadline if the game is still underway. No other coalition is going to get enough support in time to also discuss an elimination so please put me out of my misery and hammer this so I don't have to count the votes for N_M, I already regret promising to do that, manual votecounting is SO painful
I might just settle on a Kawaii policy lim to avoid effort at this point, but that's just me.

I don't want to seem obstructive here but if no one hammers in 24 hours or so I'll do it just to reach the next stage, though overall in a game with a single mechanic I feel hearing everyone's voices about a consensus coalition is kind of important, personally I don't mind having two days to discuss elim.

Especially Dunstrall and KawaiiKame, if I'm factoring in voting Kame here I want to hear their take at least, they might convince me otherwise.

I'm also not doing all this to undermine the current coalition btw, I already said I doubt people will remove nsg for patch so pushing my coalition might be whipping a dead horse at this point.

i sure talk a lot fml.

keychain the main thing for why I'm not hammering is that Bingle, Umlaut and northsidegal were super quick with jumping onto this coalition, especially with the Not_Mafia heal.... before you and me healed Not_Mafia everyone seemed like 'Yeah nah ain't happening.' And northsidegal suddenly trusts you and Umlaut?

So if there's scum in the coalition hearing reasons for why those with this coalition so quickly adopted it can sort of help town in the long run on a failure?

i'm sorry I've never played a coalition so me being cautious is sort of the default mode I'll be in here. Like... people sort of will talk differently if they need a specific coalition though instead of after the fact? I'm sort of sensing that in Bingle ngl. Ugh. Basically, I'm not ready, sorry for making things harder for you I guess.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:15 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 549, Umlaut wrote: I actually think this coalition has a good chance of winning because everyone on it looks pretty town to me, and I have no idea what I will do next if it fails.

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:17 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 584, Eiralox wrote: I stated those reasons long before you said I'm not stating any reasons. That was a repeat, before you said I'm only looking only looking from a partenered perspective I had an entire post up why nsg can be scum independently. It's framings of narrative such as these that will not make me trust you or your coalition, among other factors.

If the coalition everyone seems to be heading towards fails btw I'll look at nsg and umlaut, yes.

If no one bites, Kawaii is my lim. Straight up outside of an actual scumread kawaii is an excellent lim, if we get little from them today I'm not going to keep my hopes up and just straight up policy over N_M. Kawaii over patch any day.

I believe I've covered everything I want to. I'm ok with my coalition but would prefer dunnstral over umlaut. If there's any chance tho I have to compromise somewhere.

It would be lovely to hear from everyone before there's an actual hammer.
Gonna say I'm leaning mafia on KawaiiKame too
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:19 am

Post by Dunnstral »

The current coalition will definitely fail because nobody is trying to change it. And if it were all town mafia would lose instantly, so they'd be up in arms about it.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:19 am

Post by Umlaut »

Inverted vote count
(number of players healing each player)

Eiralox:
9 (Keychain, patchwork, KawaiiKame, Not_Mafia, northsidegal, Eiralox, Umlaut, Dunnstral, Bingle)
northsidegal:
8 (Keychain, patchwork, KawaiiKame, Not_Mafia, northsidegal, Umlaut, Dunnstral, Bingle)
Keychain:
7 (Keychain, KawaiiKame, Not_Mafia, northsidegal, Eiralox, Umlaut, Bingle)
Umlaut:
7 (Keychain, KawaiiKame, northsidegal, Eiralox, Umlaut, Dunnstral, Bingle)
Not_Mafia:
5 (Keychain, patchwork, Not_Mafia, Eiralox, Umlaut)
patchwork:
3 (patchwork, Not_Mafia, Eiralox)
Dunnstral:
2 (KawaiiKame, Dunnstral)
Bingle:
1 (Dunnstral)
KawaiiKame:
0 ()

I don't know if these are useful to anyone but I already made it so here it is.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:20 am

Post by Dunnstral »

And because we did that thing where we let scum influence it for like a week straight instead of doing what I suggested at the start of the game.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:21 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 593, Dunnstral wrote: The current coalition will definitely fail because nobody is trying to change it. And if it were all town mafia would lose instantly, so they'd be up in arms about it.
I sort of think you're town btw, it feels like you're just waiting for this to fail at this point before staring hunting scum : )

(These posts were mindmelds fuuuuuuuuuuuu yeah I tend to locktown people for mindmelds... you're close ; ) }
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:21 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Here is my proposal: We all unvote the current coalition and do the opposite of where we are headed right now.

Not_Mafia, patchwork, Dunnstral, Bingle, KawaiiKame coalition. Exclude Eiralox, northsidegal, Keychain. Umlaut.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:22 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 591, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 549, Umlaut wrote: I actually think this coalition has a good chance of winning because everyone on it looks pretty town to me, and I have no idea what I will do next if it fails.
Okay, sure, so what thoughts do you actually have on that matter? How would you change it to take advantage of that?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:22 am

Post by Umlaut »

oh, there's your answer.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”