Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:40 pm

Post by usesPython »

tl;dr scum will actively be trying to lim enemy groupscum here unless they have significantly >rand read accuracy (And if they do have >rand accuracy they can use that to avoid nightkilling the enemy groupscum and lim them the next day instead)

-Nameless
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:45 pm

Post by usesPython »

Having said that though, there's a very specific scumtell to multiball that can still be used D1. We'll reveal it towards the end of the dayphase instead of right now to see if anyone falls for it

-Nameless
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:56 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 191, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 188, Black wrote:
In post 187, HighPrincessErinys wrote: No. Tell me, both of you, why it and others should.
Talking points. Gauging how people respond to pressure. Y'know all that good stuff

I didn't think you would want to join us. You seem to holster your vote like it's going to blow someone's face off if you use it
Votes? Wagons? VCA? You want it, it's yours my friend!
VOTE: Black
HPE town
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:08 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 213, Oclaxian Empire wrote: i dont like it regardless. if it were to be a hidden alt, that's super fucking disgusting and anyone trying to figure out the main of a hidden alt should feel bad abt trying to unmask someone.
You voted us before Dragons main being public was known, do you think that mainhunting a secret alt is scummy or townie?

-A
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:31 pm

Post by usesPython »

or NAI?

-A
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:26 pm

Post by biancospino »

In post 218, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 214, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 212, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 211, HighPrincessErinys wrote: You can try and say "HPE you're just trying to trick me by talking about the opportunity you didn't take!!" but it's like, such a braindead easy spot to throw a vote in at, or even prior when IceDragon's wagon was getting going and it refused to join.
There are a million things you 'could have' done. But why did you choose the one you did? And also, do you normally take forever to lay a vote down as Black hinted at?

But most importantly, while I think Bianco has a decent shot at being scum here, I don't think they would enjoy being called a poor sod lol.
This one doesn't see anything wrong with Bianco's posts, and it believes the wagon, for pressure or no, was 1) unnecessary and 2) kinda sus. Granted it probably should've voted you since you were the initiator of the wagon itself, but Black was the one asking me to vote, after all. Part of it was just giving in to Black wanting this one to use it's vote, but still.

And that poor sod could be bianco OR Ice!!! Maybe even a secret funny third option!!!

Pressure is always necessary, especially this early in a game, not sure why you don't see that.

Do you normally take forever to vote as Black hinted at?

And honestly thought my 8 Mile joke would get a bit more of a reaction here.....this makes me sad.

And Oclax, make it easy to read me and join this wagon!
People should really stop indicating which votes are "for pressure". Then they become instantly useless.

What is the point of asking HPE that? Are you seriously attempting to say that it
didn't
take forever to vote this time around, and then sussing it for its voting?
Look, throwing a vote in the hat only after refusing to do twice toward two different suggested wagons is taking forever to vote in my book
In post 208, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 207, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 206, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 204, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 203, Doctor Drew wrote: Also, scum is more likely to acquiesce compared to town.
You mean like how this one acquiesced in the
opposite direction
whilst Black was asking it to vote with her and you on bianco?
Did you just admit you are scum?
That's a REALLY interesting way to read that post.
I mean, you worded that in a very interesting way.
If we want to play the slip game this is lame. But I don't have to tell it to you, you don't believe it's a slip either, or you'd've voted it.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:18 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 208, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 207, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 206, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 204, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 203, Doctor Drew wrote: Also, scum is more likely to acquiesce compared to town.
You mean like how this one acquiesced in the
opposite direction
whilst Black was asking it to vote with her and you on bianco?
Did you just admit you are scum?
That's a REALLY interesting way to read that post.
I mean, you worded that in a very interesting way.
Bruh wtf are you talking about

-C
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:32 am

Post by usesPython »

VOTE: Doctor Drew
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them | it/its

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:10 am

Post by Oclaxian Empire »

In post 228, usesPython wrote:
In post 213, Oclaxian Empire wrote: i dont like it regardless. if it were to be a hidden alt, that's super fucking disgusting and anyone trying to figure out the main of a hidden alt should feel bad abt trying to unmask someone.
You voted us before Dragons main being public was known, do you think that mainhunting a secret alt is scummy or townie?

-A
152, 153
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:42 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 220, Oclaxian Empire wrote:
In post 140, Black wrote:
In post 139, Doctor Drew wrote: But in multiball like this, and if you are scum there is always a chance that the lim-bait is scum. Personally I wouldn't overthink things on D1 and just try to find the easiest path and just hope for the best.
I think I agree with this. Everyone is trying to lim scum D1, even scum
ive been sitting on this post for a while trying to think about it and thought about it while showering, but i still think it comes from town more often than not. i'm basing this off town of salem coven which while i know is not the most accurate thing to base forum mafia plays off of, i do think its generally a good thing to look at since some mechanics do come into play here.

mainly, i think today is the only day scum killing scum is bad, and i think tomorrow its still maybe bad to do so?
Spoiler: three paragraphs collapsed
like sure, both factions can be crosskilled by the other, which is bad for them, and if they target the same person, neither of them kill someone, which is also bad. but the other faction has extra killpower which both sides desperately need for right now bc the sooner the game gets to one side achieving parity, the better for that faction. leaving alive the other people in the game who can kill ppl for you and get you to your wincon sooner is beneficial.

assuming a townie is killed today, and both kills are successful, it's a 6v2v2 which is a so much better position for both factions than say a 7v2v1 bc now if the one of the two goons is killed today its rlly bad for both mafia factions. (if it goes into a 7v2 on n2 with one faction being elim'd entirely, that's better for that one faction ofc, but its unlikely that one side finds and kills both of the other goons at this point.)

theres another point i think is inherent to multiball that makes scum trying to actively kill the other scum bad today too: if you kill both of the other scum today, u have to act like ur solving the game, which, depends on the player on whether this is good or not. multiball is inherently difficult if u roll town, and getting rid of ur easy way to look townie, (trying to scumhunt the other team), its gonna be rougher for u to win, especially if its smth like 9v2 where both the goons of the same faction are killed at the start, or even a 9v1v1.

tl;dr - scum are not going to want to kill scum today, but will act like they're actively trying to find scum. any other day? fuck if i know. its probably advantageous to scumhunt for all sides starting tmrw.
In post 228, usesPython wrote: You voted us before Dragons main being public was known, do you think that mainhunting a secret alt is scummy or townie?

-A
Imo there is virtually no chance that Oclaxian, regardless of alignment, is pushing Python and not actually think they're scum. Not after admitting themselves that fabricating a sr on a townie D1 is a thing they think scum would want to do.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:00 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 234, biancospino wrote: Imo there is virtually no chance that Oclaxian, regardless of alignment, is pushing Python and not actually think they're scum. Not after admitting themselves that fabricating a sr on a townie D1 is a thing they think scum would want to do.
I don't follow. If Oclaxian thinks scum would want to fabricate a sr on a townie d1 then why would they genuinely be pushing me as scum if they're scum?

-Nameless
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:06 am

Post by Black »

In post 220, Oclaxian Empire wrote: tl;dr - scum are not going to want to kill scum today, but will act like they're actively trying to find scum. any other day? fuck if i know. its probably advantageous to scumhunt for all sides starting tmrw.
Ehhhh. Idk. I can understand the point where you said both scum teams have interest in keeping the other alive (for now) because that means more nights with multiple kills, but I still think I disagree here

Neither mafia team wins unless the other is completely eliminated. So both mafia teams should be just as eager to kill opposing scum as they are killing a townie. Yeah, having both mafia teams alive equals two kills, but those kills aren't guaranteed to hit green even if it's statistically likely. The Mafia teams could easily shoot each other overnight

I don't think scum finds enemy scum D1 and decides to vote elsewhere
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:07 am

Post by Black »

Oh cool Nameless is back with some math. Time for me to dip again
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:08 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 237, Black wrote: Oh cool Nameless is back with some math. Time for me to dip again
smh I left a tl;dr this time

-Nameless
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:08 am

Post by Black »

Sike. More to read and I'm bored at work

I'm not a fan of Drew twisting HPE's words around. Getting scummy vibes from Drew here
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:09 am

Post by Black »

In post 232, usesPython wrote: VOTE: Doctor Drew
Yeah I want to wagon this

VOTE: Doctor Drew
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:11 am

Post by Black »

In post 238, usesPython wrote:
In post 237, Black wrote: Oh cool Nameless is back with some math. Time for me to dip again
smh I left a tl;dr this time

-Nameless
Even your tl;dr is confusing XD

Your posts have pretty colors though. I like that
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:13 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 241, Black wrote: Even your tl;dr is confusing XD
tl;dr of the tl;dr: Scum are scumhunting even on d1 and limming people is better than not limming people

-Nameless
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:31 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 235, usesPython wrote:
In post 234, biancospino wrote: Imo there is virtually no chance that Oclaxian, regardless of alignment, is pushing Python and not actually think they're scum. Not after admitting themselves that fabricating a sr on a townie D1 is a thing they think scum would want to do.
I don't follow. If Oclaxian thinks scum would want to fabricate a sr on a townie d1 then why would they genuinely be pushing me as scum if they're scum?

-Nameless
I can't imagine scum!Oclaxian taking the time to lay it out that scum would want to go for townies if they were intent of going for townies.
However scum!Oclaxian would have, on the other hand, a reason to say that if they were going for a genuine sr; it would help them buy townie points if you flip scum, which they would believe it would be the case
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:59 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 243, biancospino wrote: I can't imagine scum!Oclaxian taking the time to lay it out that scum would want to go for townies if they were intent of going for townies.
However scum!Oclaxian would have, on the other hand, a reason to say that if they were going for a genuine sr; it would help them buy townie points if you flip scum, which they would believe it would be the case
Deliberately lying about mech feels pretty alien to me because all it takes is one person checking your work and correcting you to force you to change your position. In this case the extra towncred gained would still be 0 in their eyes after my mechposting

-Nameless
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:29 am

Post by usesPython »

Actually no nvm I'm starting to see what you're talking about for the scum!Oclaxian case: sring me before anyone corrects them on the mech still gives them towncred in their eyes even if they know what the correct mech is because until they get corrected it seems like it shouldnt be coming from scum!Oclaxian

-Nameless
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:36 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 244, usesPython wrote: Deliberately lying about mech feels pretty alien to me because all it takes is one person checking your work and correcting you to force you to change your position. In this case the extra towncred gained would still be 0 in their eyes after my mechposting

-Nameless
That's not true, in fact you've proven it yourself:
In post 235, usesPython wrote:

-Nameless
you're saying it yourself that you don't think scum!Oclaxian would push a genuine sr. So if they
are
, it would be reasonable to consider that towny.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:38 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 137, usesPython wrote:
Spoiler: Quotes too deep
In post 136, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 135, usesPython wrote:
In post 124, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 114, osuka wrote: i just skimmed this game before work and it makes negative sense

ill read everything more attentively later but i doubt itll make any more sense
At the risk of agreeing with you.....I uh, kinda agree.

I fear Ice is being used as mis-elim bait, they do have a style that gets them in hot water, and you kinda get that after playing a few games with them.

I kind of feel Bianco would and should know that.
Why do you think scum would go for lim-bait instead of actively hunting for the other groupscum?

-A
Trying to catch the other faction taking it hook line and sinker, perhaps? That'd be my guess.

Yeah but like Drew is saying Bianco is scum for going after what Drew considers limbait, my point is that I think scum have the
biggest
incentive to properly scumhunt since it prevents a lim from their own team while also getting rid of a threat and gives them +town.

-A
disagree, there's a lot more town than scum and if one scumteam is picked off early then it leaves all the rest of the townies for the remaining scumteam to deal with. fewer nks means more lims for scum to dodge.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:46 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 209, Malakittens wrote:
In post 205, Oclaxian Empire wrote: Gonna eat dinner and I’ll read the thread and likely have some more comprehensive thoughts before V/LA tmrw
Hey HPE here’s a text book scum tell!!
kids these days dont know about the food tell smh
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:49 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 210, HighPrincessErinys wrote: My question to you Drew is: Why would an acquiescing scum!HPE decide to vote Black instead of taking the easily excusable opportunity vote on bianco, or the easily excusable scumread vote on IceDragon? Not go "oh yeah, application of pressure, sure! VOTE: Some Poor Sod"? You indirectly and Black directly encouraged it to join the bianco wagon, after all.
struck a nerve? :shifty:

nothing really to go off of this exchange but i wanted to make note of it bc it has me raising many an eyebrow

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”