Mini 2295 | Star Trek uPick - Fin!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:45 am

Post by Aureal »

Dear lord, Kokichi, why is getting any sort of information or opinion out of you like pulling teeth? I know it's hard to muster any effort for this game but I gave you a nice simple prompt to respond to right there. It wouldn't take reading up or anything. I'd seriously be tempted to vote you again here but I'm pretty sold that Grey is scum and Porkens or LLD seem like more likely partners.

Same for everyone else, what we all doing here? I can go back through more of Grey's stuff to see if I can make more of a case but the sheer apathy being shown tells me that's just a waste of effort.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:16 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 3.2

Aureal (2): Lady Lambdadelta, Porkens
Lady Lambdadelta (1): xyzzy
xxyzzy (1): GreyICE
GreyICE (1): Aureal

Not Voting (3):
Kokichi Oma, KawaiiKame, PenguinPower

With 8 alive it takes 5 votes to eliminate

Deadline: April 17, Midnight US Eastern Time

countdown: (expired on 2023-04-16 21:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • :]

Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:56 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1275, Aureal wrote: Dear lord, Kokichi, why is getting any sort of information or opinion out of you like pulling teeth? I know it's hard to muster any effort for this game but I gave you a nice simple prompt to respond to right there. It wouldn't take reading up or anything. I'd seriously be tempted to vote you again here but I'm pretty sold that Grey is scum and Porkens or LLD seem like more likely partners.

Same for everyone else, what we all doing here? I can go back through more of Grey's stuff to see if I can make more of a case but the sheer apathy being shown tells me that's just a waste of effort.
I'll look into it, can you quote it again?
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:04 am

Post by fferyllt »

Deadline is paused at 3.5 days until replacements are found.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:10 am

Post by fferyllt »

petapan replaces KawaiiKame

Idic
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:15 am

Post by petapan »

sup

have read nothing of this game, was taking a mental break from mafia, but when a friend needs a replacement i cannot resist the urge to help

is there anything i should know before i start reading
free crypto
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:19 am

Post by Aureal »

Hello! Yes, Grey's slot is scum and everyone is too apathetic to look like one page back at my showing why.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:25 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1280, petapan wrote: sup

have read nothing of this game, was taking a mental break from mafia, but when a friend needs a replacement i cannot resist the urge to help

GreyICE was motion detected to go nowhere night 1 and claimed a variant of bulletproof with no actions. They claimed this before knowing the issue was a motion detect. That slot is town, Aureal and Xyzzy are my leading candidates, especially given Aureal's push on a slot with a Motion Detector Zero Result from N1.

Also, I was role blocked N2 and no townie has appeared to claim that despite me calling for it, so it's either I'm faking my joat claim which lol or I'm town as well.

Feel free to read back. I killed Hebi scum day 1, and Rogue self hammered while we waffled between them and Aureal day 2.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:30 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1282, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1280, petapan wrote: sup

GreyICE was motion detected to go nowhere night 1 and claimed a variant of bulletproof with no actions. They claimed this before knowing the issue was a motion detect. That slot is town, Aureal and Xyzzy are my leading candidates, especially given Aureal's push on a slot with a Motion Detector Zero Result from N1.

Also, I was role blocked N2 and no townie has appeared to claim that despite me calling for it, so it's either I'm faking my joat claim which lol or I'm town as well.

Feel free to read back. I killed Hebi scum day 1, and Rogue self hammered while we waffled between them and Aureal day 2.
i have gotten to page 9, see scum was caught early, willing to write you off as town based on how that all played out

i have certain expectations for how game dynamics play out when there's an early wagon on scum with real traction but i'll report back when i've read more

aureal push seems out there but would be fairly brazen if scum, shrug. not making up my mind until i'm fully caught up, luckily don't anticipate this being a long read
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:36 am

Post by petapan »

Spoiler:
In post 280, Porkens wrote:
Post Work Catch Up

Running Thoughts

My
impression
is that I don't think LLD does that to hebichan if they are scum together. Possible, but unlikely. GreyICE's part of the interaction looks more RVS than serious, but that's a
cluster
of OOG stuff I can't personally fathom.

As others have noted, xyzzy's hop onto hebichan's wagon slightly smacks of distancing. I agree that if hebichan is scum, xyzzy is partner-leaning.

I don't see a town motivated reason why Aureal unvotes hebichan in 91. At that point, I don't have a strong townread on hebichan. Aureal doesn't express one either. Why not wagon hebichan? Someone at Y-2 is kinda the end of RVS in my opinion, but Aureal seems to be sticking with goofiness at that point. Regardless of hebichan's alignment, I scumread Aureal for this. hebi's omgus vote on aureal is bad too.

Rogue might be looking for a reason to townread hebi? (130). Also 137 gives me "no we aren't in a scum PT look we are chatting here" vibes.

I find myself agreeing with Black, a lot.

LLD's "deal" with hebi indicates to me she feels in a very dominant position. Again doesn't feel partnered, but also feels NAI on LLD's part.

I'm gutreading Kokichi town but don't get the vote/unvote on GreyICE.

PenguinPower's vote on rogue is puzzling to me combined with the question in 97/220

I don't like hebi's progression on Aureal or her vote on Black.

Similarly don't like Frogs' vote on black and I don't see the relevance of the quoted posts.(235)

Don't like Rogue's "me too me too" 240 about black. Rogue/Frogs/hebichan? But I do think that team would have Rogue on xyzzy's wagon.

Wavelength joins the bad counterwagon on black.

KawaiiKame lots of questions no opinions. baa baa.

---

Black

Kokichi Oma

Lady Lambdadelta
GreyICE
KawaiiKame
PenguinPower

Wavelength
Rogue
Frogs
hebichan
Aureal
xyzzy

I could vote for any of the bottom 6 right now.

dude
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:53 am

Post by petapan »

In post 307, hebichan wrote:
In post 305, KawaiiKame wrote: Black/Porkens def town in this, I'm willing to believe Kokichi is town too
It's likely scum is within the Black/hebi wagons, though it's possible they outside of them
I don't agree. I think if Black is town, Porkens reads heavier scum. I can kinda see the rationale for town black but I don't think it's reasonable for it to be the highest town read in its own category for Porkens. Feels like alignment knowledge and buddying.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:56 am

Post by petapan »

In post 337, hebichan wrote:
In post 333, Black wrote: I agree with hebi's - this could come from wolf!Porkens but I am feeling it is more town motivated

Kawaii's feels more informed than anything Porkens has said imo. I am not sure how Porkens and I are definitely town here and the extra Koki townread seems random. feels informed too

cakez and feels sideliney, saying there is no town thought process behind my posts but not pointing out any examples except a pressure vote on kawaii?
In post 313, Frogs wrote: Porkens goes in listing all of these NAI comments on posts acting like they are good reasons to think Black is town when like...none of them are.
Porkens has provided more reasons for town!Black than your slot has provided for wolf!Black. Ali posted a bunch of quotes and said they feel like wolf but no reasoning, and now you are doing similarly here
In post 314, KawaiiKame wrote: I do believe Black feels semi lost though in a way she didn't feel b4
I have a feeling it is the lack of contractions. Maybe I sound robotic to you XD
In post 327, hebichan wrote: I feel most confident of scum in one of black/porkens still, kokichi is pretty weak iso but he's been gone awhile.
Your initial vote on me was pressure but now I am your most confident scumread, along with the person that townreads me? That is quite the progression. I think you should elaborate on your scumreads of Porkens and I
Porkens is my most confident scumread. Your flip would be more interesting. You flipping town always results in me voting porken tomorrow, you flipping scum would likely make porkens town cause why buddy so close to a scum partner.
i mean
free crypto
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:18 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I'll wait for this catch up
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:39 am

Post by petapan »

In post 516, Aureal wrote: What if she's mafia who thought there was a 3P and that's why she went all-out on hebi? Wouldn't mafia want to figure out the 3P, maybe even moreso than town who's just clueless to its existence?
this is

probably not a post scum makes particularly about someone who is burying their partner

caveat being that someone who hasn't rolled scum in 17 years could have a very different meta wrt my expectations for how scum generally play

but it's just a very out there post
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:48 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1282, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Aureal and Xyzzy are my leading candidates, especially given Aureal's push on a slot with a Motion Detector Zero Result from N1.
imo aureal/xyzzy are unlikely to be scum/scum based on / - at that point in time hebi is flailing and i struggle to believe the remaining two scum decide to go at each other's throats in that way

if i had to make a snap decision based on what i've read so far (on page 23 atm), i'd go xyzzy over aureal quite easily, fits the profile of a busser moreso than aureal

and i think in general in these situations where one teammate gets caught early it induces quite a bit of fear in scum - it's a very difficult decision to make in the spur of the moment, hesitate too much and your teammate could die and then everyone will point their finger at you for not voting them, but if you overcommit you risk damning your partner when they could have wriggled out of it, or even getting called for looking overconfident

so in general the profile i expect is for partners to be going along with the vote but quitely while testing out the possibilities for other options n that is kind of how i read xyzzy's early vote on hebi along with that wall where they made a point to pressure hebi in a somewhat on the nose way while ultimately voting aureal
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:49 am

Post by petapan »

In post 581, xyzzy wrote:
In post 546, GreyICE wrote: So a non-town claim.

Vote: Hebi

I will not go into a long explanation of why this is always, always, always, always the correct move. A brief summary:

- The moderator has not confirmed the existence of a non-hostile, non-town faction. There's no evidence it exists. There's a known non-town faction - it's Mafia. Occam's Razor.
- Fferyllt likes fairly vanilla roles. For instance their design document for Tarot Mafia, despite having an incredibly complicated picking procedure, has mostly "modified vanilla" roles: viewtopic.php?p=12857475#p12857475
- It's a mini normal, 13 players doesn't give much room for a non-town, non-hostile faction.
-
It's day 1, we're guaranteed not to eliminate town by doing this

The last one should be the only one that matters.
eliminating hebichan here as policy doesn't give us useful info for day 2. if we later have reason to believe hebichan is lying scum, we can circle back around to that. if we eliminate town on day 1, that's obviously bad, but it gives us a wealth of information that eliminating a claimed survivor does not. the drawback of going into day 2 with less to work with is far greater than the "at least we didn't lose a town player" moral victory, especially because it doesn't stop us from getting closer to a scum win.
i mean
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:50 am

Post by petapan »

In post 584, xyzzy wrote:
I don't care for the "that was pocketing?" comment. on the one hand I'd be willing to believe that Aureal genuinely isn't sure whether daytalk is a default thing or how PTs work. on the other hand I still get such bad vibes from 359, and this doesn't really mitigate those.

Is it on the site somewhere that it's a default thing??? I'm not even sure where to look for that! It seems extremely common but my experience could be misdirecting me. Many games explicitly state that mafia can communicate at all times- it's required to be stated for Normal games according to the Encryptor wiki page, and I've only played Normals and Opens.

Why are we even arguing about this??
my point was that you had the tone of someone who
does
know how PTs work because you're scum in this game, and in lying about it, you oversold it.
don't believe this is a remotely genuine accusation

just picking out something irrelevant and trying to make a big deal of it
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:57 am

Post by petapan »

In post 600, Black wrote:
In post 597, Kokichi Oma wrote: E-1 someone hammer
Should we really cut the day this short?
this is irrelevant since black was dead but lol it was page goddamn 25 with caught scum that's a perfect spot to end the day
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:06 am

Post by petapan »

sad greyice is also getting replaced because if he was here i would be like "yo let's yeet xyzzy"
free crypto
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:19 am

Fuck it.

Vote : Xyzzy

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:19 am

You convinced me with that last line.

(He is doing okay just super HYPER busy with work)

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:29 am

Post by Aureal »

Hey petapan when you get the chance can you answer this question for me? If you had night actions in this game and their effect was not revealed to you before you chose which to use, would you ever target the person who partway through day one said "oh by the way I just realized I'm probably a Miller" and if so, why?

Also, I think I might have seen somewhere that you're also catboi?

In post 1288, petapan wrote:
In post 516, Aureal wrote: What if she's mafia who thought there was a 3P and that's why she went all-out on hebi? Wouldn't mafia want to figure out the 3P, maybe even moreso than town who's just clueless to its existence?
this is

probably not a post scum makes particularly about someone who is burying their partner

caveat being that someone who hasn't rolled scum in 17 years could have a very different meta wrt my expectations for how scum generally play

I really don't see what's out there about the idea that scum in mutiball are going to want to at least start off by scumhunting the other team. But I do seem to get that reaction a lot. :?

I'm not really even sure what you mean by burying their partner, even... I was talking about LLD there wasn't I? I grow ever more suspicious that she is a hebi partner but you aren't on that boat.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:42 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1296, Aureal wrote: Hey petapan when you get the chance can you answer this question for me? If you had night actions in this game and their effect was not revealed to you before you chose which to use, would you ever target the person who partway through day one said "oh by the way I just realized I'm probably a Miller" and if so, why?

Also, I think I might have seen somewhere that you're also catboi?

In post 1288, petapan wrote:
this is

I really don't see what's out there about the idea that scum in mutiball are going to want to at least start off by scumhunting the other team. But I do seem to get that reaction a lot. :?

I'm not really even sure what you mean by burying their partner, even... I was talking about LLD there wasn't I? I grow ever more suspicious that she is a hebi partner but you aren't on that boat.
sure, why not? if someone is a claimed miller and you strongly suspected that person was scum it makes sense to target them with a randomized night action. the downside is very low as opposed to targeting a townread where you could potentially kill/block a townie. i guess there's a possibility you could waste a cop check on a claimed miller but that's still a pretty minute possibility?

i wouldn't personally have scumread greyICE off day 1 but i can see her having that read

yes, that's my alt. if you're going to hold one newbie game where i had trash reads against me, don't

i just think it's unlikely to be something that a player with a scum role PM comes up with. it's paranoid and inventive of a possible scum/3p conflict that maybe makes sense to a townie with no idea how a game would be balanced and not a scumbuddy who knows hebi is full of it

Yes I'm saying scum-you doesn't start trying to push town-LLD when she has hebi dead to rights and most of the town is following her on it
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:44 am

Post by petapan »

In post 706, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 705, Rogue wrote: Wait I thought miller was exclusively cop results and the others had corresponding names (gravedigger)

Is this a new thing?
I don't know but I specifically remember a game with a miller who returned guilty track results within the past few months.

and given someone claimed MILLER and that's a claim that has to die at some point, I figured checking it and getting ZERO RESULTS, either targetting or being targetted by was suspicious and also didn't make sense for a miller.

Why are you okay with his Miller claim being "oh that line of text in every role pm of town that is "there is a mechanic that is not known" and he goes "oh that makes me miller, miller claim"

or the self-revival claim
this is like

completely illogical for she'd approach a partner day 2 if she'd hellbussed one on day 1 especially when most of the game was willing to give GI a free pass
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:51 am

Post by petapan »

In post 787, xyzzy wrote:
In post 753, GreyICE wrote: Like my heart says vote Xyzzy they're obvious scum.
as far as I can tell, the only thing I've done that you've said was scummy was have a differing philosophy about how to respond to a survivor claim. do you have any other basis for that at all?
woof
free crypto

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”