Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:54 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Osuka, you didn't talk about the main connective tissue in all of this....me
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:54 pm

Post by osuka »

you're not being voted?

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:54 pm

Post by osuka »

or are you

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:55 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 976, osuka wrote: you're not being voted?
Python wants me dead
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:55 pm

Post by osuka »

no yeah i just checked the vc and you're not

i mean i don't know where to put you either to be honest. my first instinct is to say town but i want to dig more into the bulge associative thing people were talking about, since that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me either

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:56 pm

Post by osuka »

python has made zero sense all game and i have been in a state of abject confusion the entire time ive been here so im probably not the person anyone wants to ask what the fuck is going on

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:59 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 979, osuka wrote: no yeah i just checked the vc and you're not

i mean i don't know where to put you either to be honest. my first instinct is to say town but i want to dig more into the bulge associative thing people were talking about, since that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me either
In post 980, osuka wrote: python has made zero sense all game and i have been in a state of abject confusion the entire time ive been here so im probably not the person anyone wants to ask what the fuck is going on
So why not a Python counter wagon for now?
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by osuka »

isnt python at e-2?

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:04 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 982, osuka wrote: isnt python at e-2?
No, that would be bulge?
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:05 pm

Post by osuka »

wouldn't that be both?

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:11 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 984, osuka wrote: wouldn't that be both?
You think they are buddies?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:21 pm

Post by Aureal »

Python/Bulge scumteam? Oh my, even I'm not that paranoid. :lol:

I think.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:22 pm

Post by osuka »

what

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:22 pm

Post by osuka »

are you saying something i said implied that?

Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them | it/its

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:21 pm

Post by Oclaxian Empire »

both e-2 last i checked
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:25 pm

Post by Alianna »

Both usesPython and The Bulge are at E-2. VC 1.18 is still accurate.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:44 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 937, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: ig here's the question too: what about that makes u think drew/bulge are aligned w/ one another? bc i'm more so seeing it as drew trying to setup bulge to be in a worse spot post-flip
That one's kinda harder to explain mostly because it formed from a sense of how the thread was flowing around and only later solidified into something more obvious. Essentially it came down to glossing over Drews /// without having for context while still deciding to comment on our posts in / which from our perspective the posts commented on seemed pretty normal?

It's only later that the associatives became more obvious in posts like / where they basically refused to give any sort of opinion on Drew, the only time they did this game is in

-A

In post 958, Aureal wrote:
In post 846, usesPython wrote: Unironically why?
Skill issue.

Do you think I'm lying about my inability to see wtf you're going on about with this Drew/Bulge association?
I'm asking why you're not partner hunting, not why you don't see the Drew/Bulge team

-A
I disagree because there's a subtle difference that'll show up in behaviour: town are worried about being wrong but don't mind associatives as much, scum are worried about associatives but don't mind being wrong as much
Mm. I... suppose that could make sense. I think. Isn't... being wrong about someone... an associative? Or being right. Or not having an opinion. Or basically everything...
We can't really think of a better way to explain it without basically just repeating ourselves. For town, the scenario of being wrong about a tr is "oh well it looks bad but we caught scum so still good"; for scum, the scenario of being wrong about a tr is "shit the game's about to go into X/1/1 or X/2/0 and the pocket failed, not good"

-A

In post 964, osuka wrote: i mean that's pretty much spot on but also what the fuck? and where did that comment come from? you quoted a post that has nothing to do with that
In post 833, Aureal wrote:
In post 604, osuka wrote:
Spoiler: Birds nest
In post 580, Aureal wrote:
In post 511, The Bulge wrote:
In post 496, usesPython wrote: Mala's kinda just existing this game

-A
furtive and icedragon and aureal as well

'scuse me, why are you lumping me in with the people who have both far fewer posts than me and far less content in them? Or is this just your handwaved way of talking about people who aren't currently getting voted? I mean, you didn't include bianco in there and I've definitely got more posts than her.
extremely peculiar thing to get defensive about

1) I try my best to contribute so it stings when people accuse me of not doing so.
2) I think that statement is pretty clearly wrong* and could be a way of throwing shade to justify a wagon at some point.
3) I have quite recently BEEN mislimmed, by some people in this game, on that sort of grounds. After I went to a great deal of effort to point out exactly how an actual mafia was using that sort of argument as a distraction to avoid having to produce content of their own. :evil:

* like post count is a totally objective measure and ours weren't even in the same ballpark,
but if we're going the "what can I remember about this person" route I think people like you and Oclax would also pretty well fit into the "uh... IDK, lemme go check the ISO" category
We're refuting the point that you and Oclax are in the "lemme ISO" category

-A
In post 960, osuka wrote:
Spoiler: Cave
In post 816, usesPython wrote:
In post 812, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 810, usesPython wrote: btw Drew are you phoneposting?

-A
I have been house sitting all week, so I only have my phone to post.

Is it that obvious? Lol
When it takes 7 minutes to write 4 sentences it's either phoneposting or AI lol

-A

or, you know, literally anything else including but not limited to: thinking about what you're gonna write, answering the door, getting distracted, or going to the bathroom and taking a shit. timeliness isn't ai
took 7 minutes in the editor to post from start to finish since he mentions getting sniped by Oclax, it
could
have been all of those things but if it wasn't phoneposting it'd have been more likely AI than not to take that much time to post something that short

-A

In post 974, osuka wrote:
In post 961, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: so, radical idea osuka, vote python?
so i'm torn, right

on one hand, i think python has been nothing but noise all game. there was a lot of completely useless mech talk just to get to a "conclusion" that's so obvious anyone in the newbie queue could've come to in about 30 seconds, and i can't recall anything really interesting or obviously solvey coming out of that slot. just a lot of shit flinging in what seems to me a desperate attempt at staying alive after having dug themselves in a fucking hole. i'm not sure the initial push here was warranted though, because to their credit they DID advance the game state a fair bit, which i don't know if scum would be particularly willing to do.

on the other hand, black went from really scummy to actually sorta townposting, to getting hyper tilted in not that long of a timespan. that slot was pretty likely to be scum in my mind, then it wasn't, and now it's just a big question mark where a read used to be. i haven't got a really good idea what the fuck's going on there either. she's clearly tilted so i doubt we'll get anything out of that slot in the near future.

and then there's bulge - i have never been able to actually confidently read bulge and that's at least partly because there's so little content. whatever content is there is typically of good quality (regardless of alignment) and it generally makes sense, which makes it hard for me to read that slot because that's exactly what i do as either alignment. i have the distinct impression that much like myself, bulge is actively trying to burn his fucking meta to the goddamn ground every time he plays the game and he does that by making good logical and intuitive sense as either alignment. my hunch is that he's town here, but i can't confidently say that either.

i do think the python wagon came about in a fairly strange way, though. normally i'd be happy to just vote that slot out because 1. i think the slot flips red and 2. i will lose fewer brain cells every time i read the thread because i can't take any more of the mech talk, please make it stop it's too many numbers my brain can't take this i'm losing my mind. i swear to fuck if i have to read some shit about expected values again i will fucking combust
This is big and I kinda need you to work through this thought today because I know damn well you're not gonna go back to read d1 after it's over. First off, if you look at onwards we could have very easily stayed on the Black counterwagon and stayed alive to keep 1v2ing Bulge/Drew; we specifically worked on getting a Bulge/Drew wagon instead because we think we're more likely to hit scum there. Does that seem like the play scum!Python does if we only care about surviving?

Second off, we really need you to look hard into
why
the Python wagon feels weird. From our perspective Drew/Bulge are there for survival purposes, Aureal's there because she's metaing me off of a game were Nameless was fronting, Black's there cause of OMGUS + misunderstanding mech, and Oclax is there cause of a scumread that feels like it formed due to a playstyle clash. How is a wagon that's
this
disorganized and meh so big if there aren't scum on it?

-A
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:46 pm

Post by usesPython »

Also osuka and Oclax, we're very much willing to flashwagon Drew instead Bulge since we feel it's easier to see the associatives once either of them flip scum if we can count on your votes there

-A
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:49 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 991, usesPython wrote:
I disagree because there's a subtle difference that'll show up in behaviour: town are worried about being wrong but don't mind associatives as much, scum are worried about associatives but don't mind being wrong as much
Mm. I... suppose that could make sense. I think. Isn't... being wrong about someone... an associative? Or being right. Or not having an opinion. Or basically everything...
We can't really think of a better way to explain it without basically just repeating ourselves. For town, the scenario of being wrong about a tr is "oh well it looks bad but we caught scum so still good"; for scum, the scenario of being wrong about a tr is "shit the game's about to go into X/1/1 or X/2/0 and the pocket failed, not good"

-A
More specifically, this is the immediate reaction post-flip. The underlying worries between town and scum in multiball are still different though

-A
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:01 pm

Post by usesPython »

Also since it looks like the limpool for today is pretty solidified we might as well reveal the tell we were talking about earlier
In post 226, usesPython wrote: Having said that though, there's a very specific scumtell to multiball that can still be used D1. We'll reveal it towards the end of the dayphase instead of right now to see if anyone falls for it

-Nameless
In post 487, usesPython wrote:
In post 486, Black wrote: @Python - ok...so how is that different than normal mafia? Everyone is looking for scum D1 and there's no real way to tell the motives yet. The people on my wagon could be townies pushing possible scum, scum pushing a possible townie, or scum pushing possible opposing scum. How do you tell the difference?
Yeah everyone's trying to lim mafia, but who are people trying not to lim

-A
In post 482, usesPython wrote: Properly scumhunting d1 in multiball has nothing to do with mech. To state the real obvious, the only mech you need to know to scumhunt d1 in multiball is:
  • Ice Mafia's
    preferred elims today are:
    Fire Mafia
    Town
    Ice Mafia

• Fire Mafia's
    Ice Mafia
    Town
    Fire Mafia

• Town's
    Mafia
    Town
To make it very explicit:
  • For scum the only unacceptable lim is a lim on their own groupscum, if town gets limmed then they're still tied in first place for winrate in an X/2/2 scenario so they don't really mind a town mislim if preventing it means they have to stick their neck out for them.
  • For town, a lim on any scum is acceptable and a lim on any town is unacceptable.
In otherwords, the strongest scumtells in multiball outside of awkward S/S interactions are:
  • Refusing to townhunt (Weak tell, could come down to playstyle)
  • Not doing everything in your power to defend people you consider town (Strong tell)
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:05 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 994, usesPython wrote: To make it very explicit:
  • For scum the only unacceptable lim is a lim on their own groupscum, if town gets limmed then they're still tied in first place for winrate in an X/2/2 scenario so they don't really mind a town mislim if preventing it means they have to stick their neck out for them.
  • For town, a lim on any scum is acceptable and a lim on any town is unacceptable.
In otherwords, the strongest scumtells in multiball outside of awkward S/S interactions are:
  • Refusing to townhunt (Weak tell, could come down to playstyle)
  • Not doing everything in your power to defend people you consider town (Strong tell)
In other words, you highly suspect Drew's lack of defense on his TR?
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:06 pm

Post by usesPython »

Yeah that's the biggest reason why we'd rather flip Drew over Bulge today

-A
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:11 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

This one is gonna be real in that it's kinda... lost the plot a bit here? It's been reading but it doesn't think it's necessarily been understanding, just that it's probably elimming someone in the range of you (BIG maybe)/Drew/Bulge. A lot of the scumreads on your behavior have felt kinda uncharitable in a way...? Really don't know, it's 4:10am either way, but this one is pretty sure either way that its probably not getting a grasp on what's REALLY up when there's less alive people to have to think about.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:14 pm

Post by usesPython »

I mean from our perspective 1/3 of the scumreads on us are scum being survivalistic, 1/3 of the scumreads on us are basically a policy lim, and the last 1/3 are people metaing us as a singlet instead of a system so we can kinda see were you're coming from

-A
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:23 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 990, Alianna wrote:
Both usesPython and The Bulge are at E-2. VC 1.18 is still accurate.
right this is what i was going off of

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”