mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by mith »

Haven't had much time today, but the hornet's nest thing stood out so real quick. Alisae:

1. Randomly votes me before I'm even awake and posting. Then sticks with that vote for what amounts to one post of a "slight" scumread which finds him
agreeing with me about LLD
, only suspecting that I didn't make a big enough deal out of 313 (which I happened to see on a skim just before pressing Submit) that he apparently didn't notice
despite being the target of said post
2. Then switches to LLD; a switch which had the backing of rationale not directly related to LLD at all, and the safety of Ythan and I already being on the wagon.
3. Posts rationale for the LLD scumread which
again involves agreeing with the subject of that scumread

I wouldn't exactly call any of this "poking the hornet's nest"? Even his attempted "dismantling" of my "junk case" is rather tame.

[previewedit]Hot take: PoE is overused, and gives scum something to hide behind when they're on a mislim wagon. Put yourself out there, read someone as scum.

(I'm having a real hard time squaring sarcastic/trolly Rad with "I just want to see the best in everyone, please tell me who to vote for Ali" and "Why oh why should I even play if you're just going to come after me tomorrow?" Rad.)
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:49 pm

Post by Rad »

In post 1875, mith wrote: (I'm having a real hard time squaring sarcastic/trolly Rad with "I just want to see the best in everyone, please tell me who to vote for Ali" and "Why oh why should I even play if you're just going to come after me tomorrow?" Rad.)
lol probably a personality glitch of mine :shifty:
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:53 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 695, imaginality wrote: I also need to figure out Ythan and LLD but I'm worried if I say their names three times it'll summon them
I think if Imaginality is a wolf, saying that there is bussing going on between you and LLD is quite daring
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:55 pm

Post by Alisae »

what I said isn't really related what I posted, but I read 695 as fear of what happens if they poke the hornets nest and they proceed to do it anyway
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:05 pm

Post by mith »

In post 1877, Alisae wrote:
In post 695, imaginality wrote: I also need to figure out Ythan and LLD but I'm worried if I say their names three times it'll summon them
I think if Imaginality is a wolf, saying that there is bussing going on between you and LLD is quite daring
That's... not what he said though? 961 as a reminder, but imaginality said he didn't think it was bussing, inserted non sequitur about what he speculates I would do as town, concludes "distancing more than bussing". (All of which is, as a reminder, a response to a direct accusation of playing both sides of mith-LLD. Not exactly coming out firing with "here's why they're scum together, die scum die", just "my gut was good last game" and sticking with the scumreads.)
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:37 pm

Post by imaginality »

Mith do you still scumread Staeg?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:47 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1872, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1870, Cephrir wrote: LLD you've wondered what I'm doing with you a few times... What are you doing with me?
town enough to live for a day, paranoid enough to be looking for how you engage tomorrow and what the flip tells me about you.

Basically, I'm not going to put enough pressure on you to make you do anything today, especially when
when I tried you shrugged at me and it was just accepted
earlier.

So... yeah. I'm in a holding pattern because you're not giving me bad vibes, and I think you're town right now
Fair enough
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:34 pm

Post by mith »

In post 1880, imaginality wrote:Mith do you still scumread Staeg?
I still lean scum on Staeg, yes, primarily for the Rad/Marashu/Gimli interaction and the naked vote. I'm starting to doubt my initial thought that you might be scum together, though.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:40 pm

Post by Alisae »

Norwee is on the planet mars w/ what he is telling me lmfao
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:24 pm

Post by implosion »

Okay, here's a random assortment of words for you:

Carnival, banana, spaceship, disco ball, skateboard, firecracker, seashell, rainbow, popcorn, rollercoaster, dragonfly, typewriter, lightning, coconut, megaphone, saxophone, helicopter, neon, bumblebee, moonlight, and marshmallow.

I hope that was what you were looking for! Let me know if you want me to try something else.

Vote Count 1.14
imaginality (5): mith, Cephrir, Staeg, Datisi, Menalque
Staeg (3): Alisae, Bellaphant, imaginality
Lady Lambdadelta (1): Ythan
Rad (1): Marashu
Cephrir (1): Gimli

Not Voting (2): Lady Lambdadelta, Rad

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to eliminate.

Deadline is April 27 at 10:00 PM PST, in (expired on 2023-04-28 01:00:00).
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:47 pm

Post by Alisae »

This votecount is exciting!

I think LLD should refrain from placing her vote and we should have Rad and Marashu place their votes. They can't actually execute anyone, and if they want to execute Imaginality then that's informative in of itself. LLD then should place her vote and then things get interesting because Gimli and Ythan are essentially AFK and they have to come back to this. They essentially have to play so I like this.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:01 pm

Post by imaginality »

Technically Rad and Marashu could execute me if they both vote me.
Though, not if mith switches to voting Staeg to make it 4-4.

Considering mith still scumreads Staeg, and it would ensure your idea of getting Ythan and Gimli involved works, I think he should switch.

(Though admittedly I'm hardly an unbiased observer. :p)

Also, I'd be in favour of LLD delaying longer with her vote if it gets to 6-4 (either way), because you're right that getting Ythan and or Gimli on record has significant value.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:07 pm

Post by Alisae »

I think the best thing to do is let mith decide what's best lmfao
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:15 pm

Post by imaginality »

I'm quite sure mith is capable of ignoring my suggestion if he wants to!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:27 pm

Post by Alisae »

if he switches that's informative if he doesn't that is also informative!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:29 pm

Post by Alisae »

It also occurred to me that LLD can vote Imaginality and offer to put it in hammer range and then seeing who hammers and when is also indicative
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:29 pm

Post by Alisae »

gamestate w/ this votecount is interesting I want to encourage what's going on
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:36 pm

Post by Alisae »

ya actually what the fuck am i saying people should just place votes and whatever happens happens.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:05 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Comment from klick re:lld/mena - it doesn't feel like lld is engaging with what mena is actually saying, rather repeating her own point, feels is scummy.

It feels reminiscent of her Interaction with me as well: it never seemed to be about the thing I was having issues with, it was always the next issue.

But yes, there ahould be five fun vorss in play
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:34 pm

Post by Datisi »

good morning i am awake finally

pg 71/72 of staeg v imag does not really change my thoughts about my vote much

the one thing that i think is kinda interesting is that imag kind of... votes staeg without acknowledging the "well it's probably me or them" situation. which idk i think a townie would be more likely to acknowledge that the thread is currently kind of split between voting the two of them, while scum would find it more important to present Arguments for why they're voting staeg, and also to Not Appear Survivalistic by saying "i don't wanna die so i'm voting staeg" you feel me

is a mood because reading posts in this d1 feels like banging my head against the desk
In post 1781, Rad wrote: And to clarify, I want to vote for whomever Ali votes for.
imag is at 5 voted while staeg is at 2, you voting there right now (or well, at the time of this post) isn't gonna make the day end suddenly, esp if you're planning to vote there anyway like why wait [ok nvm i see this was explained later sure ok]
In post 1785, Cephrir wrote: i don't know what to feel

can i flashwagon menalque instead
no
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:34 pm

Post by Datisi »

sometimes i wonder how many people are even reading my baby wallposts or if i should just hit submit every 3 seconds
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:41 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 1803, Menalque wrote:
In post 1793, Datisi wrote: i tried to read the new posts but too tired

i read tomorrow before class
I’m really looking forward to playing this game if I’m able to but frankly ali having 500 posts and lld having 350 is a quantity that’s hard to break into

Anyway this isn’t my normal style necessarily but koba asked me to so: I really need you to go to bat for me tomo morning pls you are reading me right here and I need someone who is actually in the game to push back against this because I literally am not managing to be on site enough and esp not with how fast this is moving
homie i'm literally skipping going to the cafeteria before class so that i can catch up on the game, you're preaching to the choir here

however i will need more from you, you specifically later on. while i do still think you're town, there's only so much i can do with "but guys remember those mena posts from early d1 they were so townie pls no kill" as the game progresses. also i know myself and i know i'm prone to paranoiaing your slot, esp bc team mafia, so i will need A Level Of Engagement from you here

also i don't really... care that your team is keeping up with the game, and i don't think anyone else should either. like, all 3 people on your team are pretty decent as scum (at least from what i remember from seeing PB scum a while ago, i def know the other 2 are) so
~M
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:43 pm

Post by Alisae »

If I could trust the Mena slot I would like to hear what Jingle Koba and PB have to say those are all talented individuals
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:46 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 1822, Menalque wrote: You they dislike the early focus on all the numbers stuff and then think you would definitely bus here so it fits with you being teamed
i was about to say "is anyone on your team familiar with election" but then it clicked for me that yes, yes jingle definitely is

if lld/imag is a team, i am not really... sure what the fuck lld is doing this game. because again, election she bussed on d1 and it looked much much different than here, and ik scum can change approaches but this doesn't really give her towncred so i'm struggling to see this as a bus

so i'd like jingle to flesh out a bit more how does he see this as a viable bus bc i do not understand
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:47 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 1830, Menalque wrote: The only read I really have of my own is that datisi is town
hey remember when i asked you why and you said "i'll tell you tomorrow" and then like a week passed that was funny right
~M

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”