Micro 1079 - dividing connor (game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 9:56 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

why is AD's read terrible?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 9:58 am

Post by SirCakez »

yes vs Dan feels TvT I see where both are coming from it's just a logical clash
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 10:27 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 250, Flavor Leaf wrote: why is AD's read terrible?
it's so weak cuz the read is based off the idea that Cakez would be difficult to fake a mindmeld with AD, which is true, but since AD didn't share these ideas beforehand that the only way Cakez would be able to fake this would be if he could read minds. Maybe terrible is too strong a word, but it's very very weird to me that he would even mention the unlikelihood of Cakez faking mindmeldable stuff as a townread reason cuz it's so beyond the realm of possibility that it's not even worth mentioning. Is the read otherwise much different than a regular mindmeld read? Not really! But the weird logic used makes me suspicious.

I might as well also talk about this here lol. Concerning from Yessirree, point 1 has some merit, but I disagree with points 2 and 3.
In post 230, yessiree wrote: two is you're not giving anything concrete to the rest of the players to discern the validity of it, you're just saying sircakez is mirroring your thoughts that can't be faked so he's town
I can understand using this argument in some contexts if you think AD is being evasive, but I don't think this makes very much sense right now. Yeah, AD's argument isn't concrete, but like, we're so early in the game. What can ya do? I don't think it's AI.
In post 230, yessiree wrote: three is you're doing it in a way that's making it more about spewing urself town rather than focusing on the read itself
this is kind of a stretch. Not sure how you arrived at this tbh
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 10:36 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Yes, based on only the first page or two, feels like the town in the small neighborhood. But let me keep reading. I liked them asking why they didn't think they would put them into the small neighborhood.

Invisibility or Python feels like T/S too, so I'm okay with Yesiree as town right now. I'm going to keep reading.

If the 'terrible read' Invisibility is talking about for Dan is on Yesiree, that's super scummy of Invisibility, unless Invis is pushing Python, but I'll read up. Just my current thoughts.

Early town lean on Aureal. They just seem like they're coming from a town pov with the thoughts they're having. Invisibility being the one to bring up neighborhoods being the sign-ups isnt a good look, but it could just be coincidental on their part, like maybe they wanted that to be known.

This also makes sense considering Python thought Yesiree wouldn't put them in a neighborhood, so it opens it up a bit.

Idk Invisibility looking like obv scum to me, but almost too obv that I don't believe it. That's just Page 2 thoughts, so take that with a grain of salt.

Merlyn vote on Yessiree is a momentum shifting vote. Wanting to note it because it clashes with where I was here, but it was their entrance really, so not overly scummy, but worth noting.

Yeah, not liking the Yess votes. Yess is the low hanging in the small hood, and likely not the scum.

Both Invisibility and Python are subtly controlling this game. On the surface, it looks like Invisibility, but I can see it being Python just letting it flow, but their change onto Yess was an action that I didn't like at all. If the sole purpose for not scum reading Yess was because they put them into the neighborhood, yet they acted like the neighborhood was 'random choosing', that's just a poor reason because it's not 'random' It's the order of the sign-ups, which has a reason. And even if so, scum actively had to choose to do so still, and didn't have to commit to it.

One of Invisibility or Python are the scum like 100% of the time here from where I'm standing.

Action Dan to Sircakez I agree with and I hate that I agree with ActionDan because for some reason, I think I just read all their posts as baseline scum. :lol: but yes, I think thinking all small hood is scummy is townie ish at that point.

Python's Zero% Lim is rough because they brought it up themselves, like that's a built in defense for why they wouldnt put themselves in small hood, which is why theyd put themselves in small hood. But it's not the best defense either way, and don't think it helps, just kind of rough they said it. Like a little extra sprinkle for presentation. Do they even care about it in the long run or is it just something they think is currently cool? Idk.

Regardless, I like Merlyn now, and think their original Yesiree vote was them just entering the game, and the scum in the small hood, either Invis or Python, piled onto it.

Oo, Action Dan supporting Cakez again, I'm okay with it, but watch for a potential pocketing play by AD, Cakez.

Spoiler:
In post 127, Invisibility wrote: VOTE: Merlyn
pretending that I've never seen a neighborhood in my entire life I think Merlyn's cases against Yessiree are bad
In post 128, usesPython wrote: UNVOTE: yessiree
VOTE: Invisibility

Hood related stuff

This is neat. I think I need to soak this in for a bit. This could either be Invisibility scum not actually wanting Yesiree fade to go through because then it would be a direct 1v1 between them and Python, which is possibly what I'm leaning, but if they're thinking Merlyn is scum here OVER Yesiree, then this automatically would mean Python should also be on the chopping block for Invisibility.

Or town Invisibility not thinking like that, and Python used it as an opportunity to flip. I could see Python thinking they could power fade Invisibility here, then fade Yesiree after, then after Python would inevitably be killed, Merlyn would look like a partner.

____

I need to make note of people who are 'trying to get into the game'. From where I'm standing, this is SPICY, but I do think in the moment, it could lean town not knowing what the heck is going on.

Spoiler:
In post 168, usesPython wrote:
In post 160, Merlyn wrote: Oh, got it. I see you didn't learn anything since the plan didn't go through, but did it give you any insights as to who you think is scum in the little hood?
From Operation: Wagon? No. From yessiree's unvote on you with the reasoning of "not wanting to end the day with a lolhammer because some of the big hood players haven't fully gotten into the game" when before that he said "someone hammer this before Invis gets back LOL" (all in hood chat) feels scummy af
In post 167, Invisibility wrote: though I have been pondering usesPython's vote on Yessiree regarding them not posting in the neighborhood kinda very much sucks when they'd said that posting in the small neighborhood was pointless
Sorting in the hood chat is absolutely suboptimal compared to sorting in the main thread but that's not actually the point of my argument. Joking around and posting memes isn't conductive to sorting but we're still doing it because we're here to have fun, my argument was that yessiree doing that in the main thread but not doing it in the hood makes it feel manufactured instead of something being genuinely done to have fun

-A

Don't really like this. While I kind of agree with the point they're trying to make, this game is Neighborhood based at its core, so go ahead and use it, and do what you gotta do to get people to react. Calling it out is kinda scummy. From a town perspective, Invisibility could be trying to read where you all are at. This came after Python jumped onto Merlyn with Invisibility.

Yesiree is like obviously on the sideline not controlling any of this by the way. One of the scum here is always Invisibility or Python.

Side note around this time, Action Dan clapped back onto Sircakez, which I think Cakez is probably always town here at this point. AD could be setting up a pocket, but it's like too obvious, and I feel like scumAD would just be doing more.

It seems like AD's just sitting back trying to let things play out because there's no way for sure for sure right now to figure anything out, which is why some are having trouble 'getting into this game'.

It's the Small Hood Rumble right now, it's their time to be on stage, and we can see what we think about it when they're coolin' off, but i still think they got another act in them by Page 7.

I'm ready to go on stage too, though, so show can change up a bit if ya want.

Absolutely think the STD hops are gross. People targeted him because he thought we should target in big hood, which is like, eh, don't necessarily agree, but I think it's fair for people to be sick of small hood stuff and find a reason to move away from it.

GOing after STD the way people did for that is just reinforcing any thought outside of small hood is negative.

Okay, caught up. Gonna make a reads list.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 10:42 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

SirCakez
yessiree

Save the Dragons
ActionDan
Merlyn

Aureal

Python
Invisibility

No order within tiers.

I think there's a scum in Python/Invisibility, and then the other scum is in the Blue or Pink group. I scum read Aureal a little bit more than the other 3 because it feels like they've been popping in and supporting whichever of Python/Invis is their partner, where I feel like Merlyn is town who the scum is hopping on top of momentum wise, and when it made sense to turn, they switched.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 10:43 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 252, Invisibility wrote: it's so weak cuz the read is based off the idea that Cakez would be difficult to fake a mindmeld with AD, which is true, but since AD didn't share these ideas beforehand that the only way Cakez would be able to fake this would be if he could read minds. Maybe terrible is too strong a word, but it's very very weird to me that he would even mention the unlikelihood of Cakez faking mindmeldable stuff as a townread reason cuz it's so beyond the realm of possibility that it's not even worth mentioning. Is the read otherwise much different than a regular mindmeld read? Not really! But the weird logic used makes me suspicious.
I like this reasoning for why you don't like the read.

I just also think SirCakez is town here for the same reasons. If ActionDan is scum, he legitimately thinks SC is townie doing that, though.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 10:47 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 253, Flavor Leaf wrote: If the 'terrible read' Invisibility is talking about for Dan is on Yesiree, that's super scummy of Invisibility, unless Invis is pushing Python, but I'll read up. Just my current thoughts.
no it's Dan's read of Cakez :P
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 10:47 am

Post by Invisibility »

oh nvm you saw that LOL
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 11:24 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@Invisibility - What’s your take on Python right now?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 11:26 am

Post by ActionDan »

Its been a while since I've been scumread for semantics.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 11:27 am

Post by ActionDan »

Work from home is almost over wooo friday
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 11:30 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 254, Flavor Leaf wrote:
SirCakez
yessiree

Save the Dragons
ActionDan
Merlyn

Aureal

Python
Invisibility

No order within tiers.

I think there's a scum in Python/Invisibility, and then the other scum is in the Blue or Pink group. I scum read Aureal a little bit more than the other 3 because it feels like they've been popping in and supporting whichever of Python/Invis is their partner, where I feel like Merlyn is town who the scum is hopping on top of momentum wise, and when it made sense to turn, they switched.
Y'know I'm really starting to regret the small hood having so many posts because I disagree with pretty much every single read you have other than some of the
nulls
and it feels like half of that is because the posts that actually explain stuff are in the small hood. Reverse the order and you get around where my head is at though.

I think yessiree is small hood scum, I think Cakez/Dan is probably big hood scum but I don't like Aureal having done 0 sorting of yessiree compared to Invis and I and I also don't like STD having done pretty much nothing to hunt this game. You get thrown into the townbin for actually putting in effort this game which is more than I can say for half the big hood and I also feel pretty decent about Merlyn
In post 253, Flavor Leaf wrote: Both Invisibility and Python are subtly controlling this game. On the surface, it looks like Invisibility, but I can see it being Python just letting it flow, but their change onto Yess was an action that I didn't like at all.

-A
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 11:48 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Why does that first part matter? Our reads being different has nothing to do with my reads on Cakez/Dan. Those are completely separate.

We’re confirmed to be living in 1 of 3 worlds, one where Yes is scum, 1 where Invis is scum, and 1 where Python is scum, so idk the issue with so much happening in the main thread.

If you think most of it is stuff happening in the small thread, well enlighten us. Give us a complete recap of what happened.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 11:49 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

You say you don’t like that Aureal hasn’t done any scum hunting on Yesirre compared to Invisibility and yourself, but you just said most of the stuff is based on your hood talk.

Why should Aureal have anywhere close to as much as you and Invisibility on Yessiree?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 11:53 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

As scum, a good start for small hood, that I don’t know how many scum would actually do, but I think it’s a legit good strat, is to power fade a Small Hood, then kill the other one. day 2, automatically ends with scum fade, and last scum gets to kill in Big Hood however they like leaving it in a 4p ELO, which a strong scum can win easily, imo
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 11:59 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 263, Flavor Leaf wrote: You say you don’t like that Aureal hasn’t done any scum hunting on Yesirre compared to Invisibility and yourself, but you just said most of the stuff is based on your hood talk.

Why should Aureal have anywhere close to as much as you and Invisibility on Yessiree?
I think you're misunderstanding, I'm saying Aureal is sorting Invis and I but isn't sorting yessiree
In post 264, Flavor Leaf wrote: As scum, a good start for small hood, that I don’t know how many scum would actually do, but I think it’s a legit good strat, is to power fade a Small Hood, then kill the other one. day 2, automatically ends with scum fade, and last scum gets to kill in Big Hood however they like leaving it in a 4p ELO, which a strong scum can win easily, imo
Your math is off there:

d1 start: 7v2
d2 start after mislim: 5v2
d3 start after scum lim: 4v1

Big hood scum would then need two mislims in the big hood to win. Also the entire small hood paraphrased is incoming

-A
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 12:05 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 258, Flavor Leaf wrote: @Invisibility - What’s your take on Python right now?
for about twelve hours I intentionally tried to devote very little brainspace to the small hood cuz I was not being normal about it (like not being able to have a consistent opinion about it and focusing too much on it, hence the flipflopping) but I think I am capable of being normal now after that brief sabbatical. On re-reinspection I do again think that Python shading Yess for not posting memes was a bit silly and super weird. I hadn't thought about how their argument for switching onto Yess when the neighborhoods were obviously not randomized is pretty bad (I was confused by why they insisted it was random and not a decision that we could glean anything from or whatever but I thought they probably just misunderstood me and I decided it wasn't worth quibbling over lol) but it makes a lot of sense. Also I don't really see a reason to SR Yess and really never did. I think and the thing about me being serious ahead of schedule in were kinda weird but like, those are such minuscule potatoes that I don't care. My vote on Yess was because I thought usesPython were more townie, but now I don't think that.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 12:06 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 265, usesPython wrote: Also the entire small hood paraphrased is incoming
I hope you include all the memes
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 12:08 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 267, Invisibility wrote:
In post 265, usesPython wrote: Also the entire small hood paraphrased is incoming
Nah I will tantalizingly tease them but never actually post it so they can be jealous :twisted:

-A
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 268, usesPython wrote:
In post 267, Invisibility wrote:
Nah I will tantalizingly tease them but never actually post it so they can be jealous :twisted:

-A
ooo I like that more
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 12:17 pm

Post by usesPython »

The book of hood

Page 1

Chapter 1: The hood is useless

I point out that the only thing posting in the small hood does is prevent big hood town from seeing it since small hood scum can post what's happening in scum chat, and that the only game related reason to post in it is if we decide to do stuff that only works if big hood town don't know about it like coordinating an extended quickhammer

Chapter 2: The era of jovialness

I start using the hood chat as a meme dump and Invis joins in on the joking

Chapter 3: Serious sorting

I point out that yessiree joining in in the main thread funnies but not the hood chat feels scummy, Invis counters that he could have just forgotten about hood chat

Page 2

Chapter 4: The pagetoppening

Skygazer steals the pagetop, much rabbling occurs

Chapter 5: A new yessiree

yessiree finally hops into hood chat saying he needs to get drunk first before being silly in the hood chat, I ask if he was drunk when he posted then and he says no

Chapter 6: More memes

Invis and I keep dumping strong memes in the hood

Chapter 7: Operation Wagon

I suggest we all pool our votes to make it easier to sort the big hood, both Invis and yessiree agree (though not without yessiree shading Invis first). I suggest Dan/Cakez/STD, yessiree suggests not doing cakez or STD or aureal but is fine with the remaining 3. Invis likes the plan 90% because it's funny

yessiree and I agree on Dan but decide to wait until Invis gets back before going ahead. I ask yessiree why not cakez or STD and he responds that they're jaded enough to be resistant to reaction tests

Page 3

Chapter 8: The wagon loses a wheel

Invisibility starts posting in the main thread and completely ignores the hood chat to give a :+1: or :-1: on the target, I scumread him for this

Chapter 9: The Merlyning

yessiree and I coordinate to put our votes on Merlyn before Invis comes back to unvote

Chapter 10: The wheel is found

Invis comes back and realizes that we actually had decided on a target for the wagon

Page 4

Chapter 11: A new meme rises

Invis and I spend the entire page posting memes
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 12:25 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 262, Flavor Leaf wrote: Why does that first part matter? Our reads being different has nothing to do with my reads on Cakez/Dan. Those are completely separate.
Yeah except even if I flipped a coin I'd still be 50% correct on scum which means I get to do fun pre-flip associatives and I don't like Cakez makes a bunch of reads that I disagree with without any real reasoning or examples of why he thinks stuff like or

-A
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 12:29 pm

Post by usesPython »

Also I never said that all the differences in reads come from missing hood chat? Only some of them
In post 261, usesPython wrote: Y'know I'm really starting to regret the small hood having so many posts because I disagree with pretty much every single read you have other than some of the
nulls
and it feels like
half of that
is because the posts that actually explain stuff are in the small hood.
-A
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 12:52 pm

Post by SirCakez »

253 leaves me okay with FL for day one
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any