Micro 1080: Brass and Shrapnel - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:52 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

but @jason answer me when u see post 149
Hydra of GrandpaMo and biancospino.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:53 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 148, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 144, Merlyn wrote: So it was both...a random no big thing thought, but it was also something we should note later when we're looking for scumpairs. Uh huh?

Do you know what, I didn't even care about what you said to Kitty, it seemed like a classic early jab at someone. I only think it's weird now that you've contradicted yourself.
I'm sorry can you run me through how this works as a contradiction in your mind?
??? It can't be nothing, but also potentially something later.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:53 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 147, GrandpaSpino wrote: are you new @meryln?

-mo
I am! I did read my role pm though.
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:56 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 151, Merlyn wrote:
In post 144, Merlyn wrote: So it was both...a random no big thing thought, but it was also something we should note later when we're looking for scumpairs. Uh huh?

Do you know what, I didn't even care about what you said to Kitty, it seemed like a classic early jab at someone. I only think it's weird now that you've contradicted yourself.
I'm sorry can you run me through how this works as a contradiction in your mind?
??? It can't be nothing, but also potentially something later.
thats not a contradiction thats more of a side thought / note that should be taken into consideration for future endeavors. like P.S when writing in emails etc.

u should be judging me based if me doing that is scummy not that i said it itself

-mo
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:57 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 152, Merlyn wrote:
In post 147, GrandpaSpino wrote: are you new @meryln?

-mo
I am! I did read my role pm though.
ngl u had me laughing out loud.

-mo
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:58 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 149, GrandpaSpino wrote:

ur smart jason --

do you see what i am seeing?

-mo
I ain't got a clue what your seeing here if i'm gonna be honest.
In post 151, Merlyn wrote: ??? It can't be nothing, but also potentially something later.
I mean things can definitely be a nothing for a personal player, but something for possible partner associations, not sure i agree with GrandpaSpino that this is actually something super useful (why would someone slip like this as a partner I dunno seems odd, and personally i rechecked the game myself, can definitely see how that would stick in your mind.) but i don't think it's an outright contradiction either.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 4:02 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 155, JasonWazza wrote: I ain't got a clue what your seeing here if i'm gonna be honest.
it just looks like meryln is trying to set up to push me but failing and knowing they are new -- i see this as baseline scumpushing 101.
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 4:07 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

ask an interrogative > state a claim > scumread/flail > push

they did this while knowing i was already being pressured by others about KT thing but makes it different is that not only Meryln sheeps the original push, they try to keep adding onto the narrative with me contradicting.

so idk just seems like they are at the scumread/flail part right now where they aren't really stating they are scumreading me because they do know in fact i know i am town, but they are risking it with this new narrative -- so they become conflicted in their own reasoning. same thing happens to me when I first started playing -- I would try to scumshade, and I was doing it unconciously but I thought I was fully scumreading them and pushing them but to town it just looked like I was sheeping and trying to scumshade.

-mo
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 4:11 am

Post by Merlyn »

I have a feeling you are and I are not the same type of players, Grandpa Mo.
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 4:13 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 158, Merlyn wrote: I have a feeling you are and I are not the same type of players, Grandpa Mo.
Everyone has a different and unique playstyle, of course.

However, it should be taken into consideration that there are some areas or parts of the equation where it aligns either psychologically or in habit.

There are sometimes concepts that are universally known and universally done or satisfied to some extent based on different contexts and premises.

And one like you should not be undermined of those same concepts, ideas, areas, and parts.

:)

-mo
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 4:19 am

Post by Merlyn »

Okay. I'm going to drop this for now bc I sense in you the ability to argue for pages over it, and I don't think what you said is strong enough to go full blown tunnel on you over it.
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 4:24 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 160, Merlyn wrote: Okay. I'm going to drop this for now bc I sense in you the ability to argue for pages over it, and I don't think what you said is strong enough to go full blown tunnel on you over it.
Classic scum move.

Gets pressured and gets called out on it and then stops the reasoning.

See, I would have agreed with you, if you had this realized before I called you out but you are only doing this because you don't want to argue for pages over it. [which would have never happened -- I did not even wanna engage in an irrelevant convo about something that wasn't true]. That's why I tested you

im like 87% sure this is scum now.

VOTE: Merlyn
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 4:24 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 161, GrandpaSpino wrote:
In post 160, Merlyn wrote: Okay. I'm going to drop this for now bc I sense in you the ability to argue for pages over it, and I don't think what you said is strong enough to go full blown tunnel on you over it.
Classic scum move.

Gets pressured and gets called out on it and then stops the reasoning.

See, I would have agreed with you, if you had this realized before I called you out but you are only doing this because you don't want to argue for pages over it. [which would have never happened -- I did not even wanna engage in an irrelevant convo about something that wasn't true]. That's why I tested you

im like 87% sure this is scum now.

VOTE: Merlyn
Feel free to change @bianca partner but im pretty sure this is it unless u can try to convince me otherwise

-Mo
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 4:31 am

Post by Merlyn »

Please don't tell me I fell victim to one of the classic blunders, Vizzini!
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 4:40 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 156, GrandpaSpino wrote:
In post 155, JasonWazza wrote: I ain't got a clue what your seeing here if i'm gonna be honest.
it just looks like meryln is trying to set up to push me but failing and knowing they are new -- i see this as baseline scumpushing 101.
Having played a couple of games with Merlyn now, i don't know that this would be the case, this feels like standard Merlyn doing Merlyn things, not sure i'd give her any alignment at all yet, but doesn't feel like their scum game over their town one at all.
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 4:42 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 164, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 156, GrandpaSpino wrote:
Having played a couple of games with Merlyn now, i don't know that this would be the case, this feels like standard Merlyn doing Merlyn things, not sure i'd give her any alignment at all yet, but doesn't feel like their scum game over their town one at all.
ugh i hate having to resolve to meta reading -- but i will if thats the case. can u provide me with a game where thats the case?

but isnt this ur first game back so how do u know how merlyn plays if they only made the acc in 2023 of march

-mo
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 4:47 am

Post by JasonWazza »

No this isn't first game back, this is my third game back, 2 newbie games so far since i been back.

viewtopic.php?t=90855 This is a Town Merlyn game (and i had the benefit of knowing that having been scum)

Not saying it's necessarily not potentially scummy, i just think this is Merlyn doing Merlyn things.
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 4:52 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 166, JasonWazza wrote: No this isn't first game back, this is my third game back, 2 newbie games so far since i been back.

viewtopic.php?t=90855 This is a Town Merlyn game (and i had the benefit of knowing that having been scum)

Not saying it's necessarily not potentially scummy, i just think this is Merlyn doing Merlyn things.
This game made me scumread meryln more.

town!meryln seems to be very confident, interrogative but not leading into unconscious conflicts, and very analytical versus here where they are unweary with their confidence in me being scum, joking frequently, and repeating what others have said + adding new narrative from their unweariness of their confidence.
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 4:54 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 130, Merlyn wrote: Let's not get sidetracked into talking about PR meta/strategy. We all love to do it regardless of alignment, but I've come to realize that it a) distracts us from scumhunting and b) lets scum hide by looking like they've got a lot to say, but with none of it focused on hunting.

[from the newbie game]
come on, where have u seen merlyn post something like this in this game so far lol

-mo
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 4:58 am

Post by JasonWazza »

I'd argue that it's a bit different in the Newbie setup rather then this setup, simply put all of us are a PR, we don't have VT's that can be outed in any way, rather, the most you can out is what side of the coin you end up on (Vig or Bomb/Super saint) and i don't think this is a valid comparison.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 5:00 am

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 1.1

Merlyn (2) - KittyTacky, GrandpaSpino
Skygazer (2) - Something_Smart, JasonWazza
GrandpaSpino (1) - Skygazer
Something_Smart (1) - T3
Alianna (1) - Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew (1) - Alianna
JasonWazza (1) - Merlyn

Not voting (0)

(expired on 2023-05-23 17:54:00) remain until day end

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 5:03 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 169, JasonWazza wrote: I'd argue that it's a bit different in the Newbie setup rather then this setup, simply put all of us are a PR, we don't have VT's that can be outed in any way, rather, the most you can out is what side of the coin you end up on (Vig or Bomb/Super saint) and i don't think this is a valid comparison.

good thought but i disagree. if you get something like a scum role, which i am thinking that meryln is in the case here

then they are a goon + with added mech. mafia here is basically a vanilla role their pov.

also most of their pov and reasoning comes from unrelated mech play but instead scum reasoning and logic so i dont think how the setup design if its pr role madness or even a mountanious setup because this would lead to the same conclusion.

-mo
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 5:12 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 140, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 137, Skygazer wrote: i dont like how grandpa hasnt responded to my scumreading them
What is there to respond to?

That's just like me now saying that i scum read for example, Alianna, and just not saying anything but expecting a response anyway.

Like ok, you have an unbacked up thought, back it up with something and maybe it's response worthy.
generally i feel like town ppl are more like willing to ask "why" while scum generally ignore it and hope it goes away

at least thats what i do
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 5:17 am

Post by Skygazer »