Micro 1082 - I’m the Real Tracker (Day 4)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:14 am

Post by Bingle »

I looked back at the Black/PC discussion, and I don't have any really meaningful revelations. 314 was painful to read, and I completely understand the confusion on black's part and *think* I understand the confusion on PC's part. If I understand it correctly, you're saying that black was accusing Drew slot of scum but also being fairly relaxed with her engagement of Drew (which... is a thing I'm doing). I couldn't really figure out the subtext of the conversation tbh (I'm not sure what the initial fair question you had for black was but I'm guessing contextually that it was about her Kowah read) and while I disagree that a request for clarification is unreasonable I don't think Black is being unreasonable with her expectation that people know where her reads are at.

I also feel like there's quite a bit of you jumping the gun on calling her out for not going anywhere with specific interactions. Not in a particularly scummy way but in a "if there IS going to be something coming from this it probably needs to be let to air a while, so jumping in and saying 'Nothing will come from this' is just poisoning that particular well, regardless of whether there ends up being water at the bottom." way. I also tend not to worry about people not following up on longshot threads if they ARE following up on threads that have more meat to them. Like, if I had ignored JW's loggerheads stances about mech in order to chase after something like Vizzy being self deprecating, I'd be abandoning a strong lane of questioning for a weak one, and that would be scummy. I don't expect people to formally close inquiries that become obviously fruitless, if that makes sense.

Not sure how much of that is coherent, but that's what reading the last few pages worth of dual isos nets me with the PC/Black interactions.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:16 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 304, Doctor Drew wrote: Don't try and manipulate me.
I'd like it if you'd elaborate on this thought when you have time.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:54 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 263, Invisibility wrote:
In post 262, Kowahbunga wrote: I was trying to convey how much I would no lim. I've already said this day is fine to get info from because it will benefit the targeting of the powers.
but you would prefer to end it right now?
I do not think ending today early is as beneficial as I would in a more standard game. Today I think we should be looking into each other because all town should be trying to narrow down on a target for the night. I've stated this before. It was a poor choice of words to say I would hammer it right now, all I was saying is that I'm strongly for a no lim today.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:57 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 304, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 303, Political Clout wrote:
In post 301, Black wrote:
In post 298, Doctor Drew wrote: This post really seems like you are trying to make a case when it isn't there Black.
How? There's a contradiction in Kowah's words and his actions. I don't think I'm fabricating anything about that
In post 298, Doctor Drew wrote: And I do like PC's question here.
I don't understand why...I think it's pretty obvious how I feel about Kowah
I don't think you should discount your original position Dr. if how you felt is x it is incorrect for black to say well I felt y a long time ago it doesn't change the fact of the interaction in fact it makes your observation more relevant imo.
Don't try and manipulate me.
I felt like they were trying to stear me in a direction and doing in a way like 'hey buddy, have some confidence in yourself', if that makes sense. Like they were doing me a favor.

It was a snap judgment that I immediately felt after reading it.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:08 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 264, Invisibility wrote:
In post 246, Kowahbunga wrote: and make me feel like Donempire knows the roleblocker is town. Also gives out a town read to someone for not wanting mech talk, unless I'm confused isn't suggesting where a roleblocker should go and mathing out the liklihood a roleblocker stops a night kill "mech talk" or do I not understand what mech talk means?

VOTE: donempire
weren't other people also talking like they assumed the RB would be town? That's weird reason to single out Donempire on
If they did, I didn't notice it or it didn't stick out to me like it did with Donempire.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:42 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

I think Black and PC are town. If one isn't, I would say it's Black. At least one is, but I'm thinking both are.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:15 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 354, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 264, Invisibility wrote:
In post 246, Kowahbunga wrote: and make me feel like Donempire knows the roleblocker is town. Also gives out a town read to someone for not wanting mech talk, unless I'm confused isn't suggesting where a roleblocker should go and mathing out the liklihood a roleblocker stops a night kill "mech talk" or do I not understand what mech talk means?

VOTE: donempire
weren't other people also talking like they assumed the RB would be town? That's weird reason to single out Donempire on
If they did, I didn't notice it or it didn't stick out to me like it did with Donempire.

and do. They did come shortly after Don's posts but I'm not sure how much that matters. Still think you're reading too much into it
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:00 am

Post by Black »

In post 355, Kowahbunga wrote: I think Black and PC are town. If one isn't, I would say it's Black. At least one is, but I'm thinking both are.
Can you elaborate a little on why you think PC is townie?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:01 am

Post by Black »

In post 352, Kowahbunga wrote: I do not think ending today early is as beneficial as I would in a more standard game
Also I'm curious about this. I don't think ending the day early is ever really that beneficial. What are the benefits and why is this game different?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:10 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 358, Black wrote:
In post 352, Kowahbunga wrote: I do not think ending today early is as beneficial as I would in a more standard game
Also I'm curious about this. I don't think ending the day early is ever really that beneficial. What are the benefits and why is this game different?
This is not important to this game, it will devolve the conversation away from the actual game here because it's just my opinion.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:30 am

Post by Black »

In post 359, Kowahbunga wrote: This is not important to this game, it will devolve the conversation away from the actual game here because it's just my opinion
I think it's important to understand your thought processes so I can sort you better, but if you don't want to talk about it then I can't make you
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:31 am

Post by Black »

There's no way you can say isn't relevant to the game so I'm still waiting on an answer to that
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:49 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 361, Black wrote: There's no way you can say isn't relevant to the game so I'm still waiting on an answer to that

My town read on you and PC comes from the conversation you both had. on page 13 or 14. I thought PC asked some very good questions about the questions you were asking, and I was having the same thought about the same questions. Your was a good retort to PC's concerns. So I liked the overall feeling of that conversation.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:14 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Replacing Deltabreedy.
Deadline will be frozen.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by Black »

The deadline is in 20 hours?!

This might be the slowest game I've ever seen
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:46 pm

Post by Black »

In post 362, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 361, Black wrote: There's no way you can say isn't relevant to the game so I'm still waiting on an answer to that
My town read on you and PC comes from the conversation you both had. on page 13 or 14. I thought PC asked some very good questions about the questions you were asking, and I was having the same thought about the same questions. Your was a good retort to PC's concerns. So I liked the overall feeling of that conversation.
I still don't think PC's questions were very good but you're the second person to say this. It felt like he was trying to shade me more than actually solve me. Idk, maybe it's just me
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:06 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 364, Black wrote: The deadline is in 20 hours?!

This might be the slowest game I've ever seen
You ain't seen nothing lol.

I definitely don't see town in PC either.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:57 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 351, Bingle wrote:
In post 304, Doctor Drew wrote: Don't try and manipulate me.
I'd like it if you'd elaborate on this thought when you have time.
In post 353, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 304, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 303, Political Clout wrote:
In post 301, Black wrote:
In post 298, Doctor Drew wrote: This post really seems like you are trying to make a case when it isn't there Black.
How? There's a contradiction in Kowah's words and his actions. I don't think I'm fabricating anything about that
In post 298, Doctor Drew wrote: And I do like PC's question here.
I don't understand why...I think it's pretty obvious how I feel about Kowah
I don't think you should discount your original position Dr. if how you felt is x it is incorrect for black to say well I felt y a long time ago it doesn't change the fact of the interaction in fact it makes your observation more relevant imo.
Don't try and manipulate me.
I felt like they were trying to stear me in a direction and doing in a way like 'hey buddy, have some confidence in yourself', if that makes sense. Like they were doing me a favor.

It was a snap judgment that I immediately felt after reading it.
Forgot I didn't quote Bingle, wanna make sure they get the notification, and maybe we can chat in real time.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:40 pm

Post by Bingle »

Real time chats are gonna be rough for me this game. I've already worked 40 hours this week and I have a ten hour day and travel back home scheduled for tomorrow. Fun work, but not really conducive to midday mafia-ing unfortunately. Things will probably settle into a routine sooner or later, but real time chats will mostly happen in the morning, late at night, or on my weekends.

Mostly, I'm interested in what you think PC was trying to do with the manipulation. Did it feel like town trying to motivate you to post more? Scum trying to pocket you? Adding fuel to a fire? Leading specific conclusions? There's a lot of ways people manipulate each other in mafia and I want to know what specific type of manipulation you feel is going on there.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:58 am

Post by Black »

@mod: I'll be out of town with limited access until Monday
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:23 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 365, Black wrote:
In post 362, Kowahbunga wrote:
I still don't think PC's questions were very good but you're the second person to say this. It felt like he was trying to shade me more than actually solve me. Idk, maybe it's just me
I don't know about anyone else, but I never think a player's posts are good when they're questioning me and my motives.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:50 am

Post by Black »

In post 370, Kowahbunga wrote: I don't know about anyone else, but I never think a player's posts are good when they're questioning me and my motives.
I disagree with this mindset on a fundamental level
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:53 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 368, Bingle wrote: Real time chats are gonna be rough for me this game. I've already worked 40 hours this week and I have a ten hour day and travel back home scheduled for tomorrow. Fun work, but not really conducive to midday mafia-ing unfortunately. Things will probably settle into a routine sooner or later, but real time chats will mostly happen in the morning, late at night, or on my weekends.

Mostly, I'm interested in what you think PC was trying to do with the manipulation. Did it feel like town trying to motivate you to post more? Scum trying to pocket you? Adding fuel to a fire? Leading specific conclusions? There's a lot of ways people manipulate each other in mafia and I want to know what specific type of manipulation you feel is going on there.
I feel they could be scum seeing that I am leaning towards their agenda(pushing on Black), and then encouraging me to keep going down that road, and yes doing a bit of pocketing in the process.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:55 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 371, Black wrote:
In post 370, Kowahbunga wrote: I don't know about anyone else, but I never think a player's posts are good when they're questioning me and my motives.
I disagree with this mindset on a fundamental level
I'm not suggesting the posts aren't good. I'm just saying it's a lot easier to see the negative in a post when it's you coming under the microscope.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:56 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Abnegation replaces Deltabreedy
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”