Micro 1082 - I’m the Real Tracker (Day 4)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:03 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 56, Merlyn wrote:
Delta, why did you answer Invis's question and not mine?

But my statement is backed up by something- Kowah doing this as town in our previous game together. You were actually there too, though you replaced out pretty early, but I think you were still around when Kowah started advocating a D1 no lim policy there too.
I don't like meta reading someone if they are used to doing scummy things as town. The reason people including me were suspect on his no-lim gameplan was because it would be forcing town into hibernation. Playing the game simply in mechanical terms would only benefit scum here. If that is how he plays as town!kowah, then we need to warn him that this helps scum and be suspicious of him anyways as the facts of the matter dont change. And fwiw, i don't buy meta reads, so i'm plainly reading people as per their actions, not their intentions.

I don't believe spitballing ideas itself is scummy. However i don't believe kowah has done enough to convince us of his game plan, which also with him abandoning his no-lim idea as he votes bingle makes it seem as though he wasn't that committed to it in the first place and was just saying it to get some content out.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:09 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 78, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 19, Bingle wrote: I'm a seeking neighbor. No other seeking neighbor should claim, but if you're a seeking neighbor, you can target me. If I get no neighborhood, I will be taking this as confirmation that I'm a faker.

I will be randomly targeting a player who is not me. This is the extent of the mechanical discussion we need D1.
So first line, the second half of this line is unnecessary, and seems to be deliberately setting up for a fail, the reason this can be bad, is i can see a Mafia X claiming seeking neighbor, we have no way of confirming that you aren't that, so this becomes a huge issue.

In fact to add to why this is dumb, we don't actually get confirmation of you not being fake just because a neighborhood doesn't spawn, it's either your fake, or the other seeking neighbor was roleblocked.

Second line is also an issue, your already getting the seeking neighbor to target you, why do you need to target a random player, this seems like setting up a scum kill, with a simple "well i said i'd target randomly" when in this case you should be targeting no one, if you are actually town, hence why i think you should be absolutely roleblocked.
The possibility of a mafia neighbour is one i considered as well, hence why i asked him about what claiming neighbour proves.

I am content with what i am told though, and i don't think mechanical discussion will get us any further than where we are. But yes, most roles especially roleblockers should be on jingle no matter what.

As for the targeting part, i agree. If he is neighbour, which i believe regardless of alignment, he should have no reason to visit anyone. It's interesting that he highlighted that, but for now i'm inclined to believe that was simply an oversight on his part.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:11 am

Post by Donempire »

also, UNVOTE: since i don't know who my vote is parked on.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:15 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 95, JasonWazza wrote:
Like just to be clear, these votes on Delta are bad, this is just Delta being Delta, and honestly i think it's town Delta myself.

Kowah is probably also town, Bingle still feels scummy but seems like it might just be mech clash, and Merlyn i'm still unclear on.

UNVOTE: Bingle
VOTE: Invisibility

You should know Delta already better then this, so why exactly is Delta the person you are jumping on?
Interesting, out of all these the kowah read is the one i'm in the most opposition of. The guy just seemed to create confusion with his no-lim strategy, then just discard it without elaborating further. I don't see the point of this at all.

Normally i would attribute disorganized posting to townies as they don't have a plan set unlike scum, who i assume have a day chat. However, even as the no-lim strat bore no fruit, i don't see what they were going for with it in the first place, leading me to believe they just did it to make it seem like they were contributing. I'm curious if you have another opinion.
Formerly Dongempire
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:17 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 173, Black wrote:
In post 170, Invisibility wrote:
In post 165, Black wrote: another no lim/cut the discussion post. How could this possibly be good for town? I know I said I'm not a mech person but cutting discussion short seems like it would be harmful in any setup
yeah I was just trusting that everyone else knew what they were talking about LOL
I'm a little surprised by this answer. I guess I just thought that you would know better since you seem pretty experienced
I tricked you into thinking I'm good at Mafia!!

In post 174, Black wrote:
In post 172, Invisibility wrote:
In post 165, Black wrote: I like this post from Delta and I agree
does this include the part about Kowah being scummy for not pushing anything else?
I don't really think not pushing anyone 40 posts into the game is scummy tbh
yeah me neither. That's the part of Delta's post I took issue with and I was wondering what you thought if you agreed with the post
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:19 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 98, Invisibility wrote: I have nothing to say about mechanical stuff cuz I am bad at mechanical stuff
This is a town-leaning post. Scum would have liked the discussion devolving into mech-talk.
Formerly Dongempire
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:20 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 176, Donempire wrote: But yes, most roles especially roleblockers should be on jingle no matter what.
they should?
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:25 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 118, Political Clout wrote:
In post 75, Donempire wrote:
In post 65, Kowahbunga wrote: I feel a no lim is still our best option. Even with people disagreeing with me. Everyone has a power this game, even if you're a pretender, you're going to do something and get information. Which means everyone is going to be playing for their survival more than to solve today because everyone will be of the opinion they're important and need to see out the day so they can hopefully avoid the NK and get their ability off to save the day for town.

I do however think it's probably more advantageous than my usual "just end the day asap" to spend more time trying to solve the game and get a good feel for everyone so that everyone can target appropriately. We should not lim today.
Contrary to this i believe a no-lim is the worst option. Best outcome is we elim scum, 2/9 chance, and the next best option would be to elim a pretender to reduce the amount of bogus results, as well as clearing the rolelist. Even with a mafia pretender the chance in 1/3, and this is without considering that we will scumhunt raising the probability of a good elim to %100 :wink:

7 Days is plenty of time. We'll find something. And at this point claiming on the spot shouldn't put too much pressure even for important roles per the pretender rolls. We march forward.
I agree we should just revert to site meta look for scum kill scum. but if you believe it's the worst option shouldn't it be alignment indicative to you?
At that time, not necessarily.

As i said before, just spitballing ideas is not scummy in itself, even if the ideas in question are on the surface, nonsensical, if you have a reason for pushing that idea. I waited on seeing if he had anything further to elaborate on why this made sense aside from his two posts advocating for it, but he seems to have dropped it.

I think i have more of a problem with him bringing up this idea of no-limming and just dropping it with no explanation, rather than him bringing it up at all. I still don't want to commit to a read as he hasn't been on the thread for a while and i'll wait if he has anything else to add to this.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:29 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 181, Invisibility wrote:
In post 176, Donempire wrote: But yes, most roles especially roleblockers should be on jingle no matter what.
they should?
Sure, if he is neighbour then he has no use for his night action. If he isn't and is faking it for some reason, then obviously roleblocker should also be on him as he wouldn't be trustworthy.

Besides, roleblocker has a 1/8 chance of stopping the night kill. Much higher likelihood of stopping an usefull role like inspector or loyal checker than stopping mafias kill, meaning we're not giving up an invaluable asset with our n1 roleblock either. Of course all these are assuming a town roleblocker.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:44 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 161, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 144, Bingle wrote: Meta itself is a tool that can be applied well. In this particular case, I think Merlyn saw a particular thing and jumped to an unwarranted conclusion without poking further: I think that what you did in that game and what you're doing in this game are different enough that asking why they are different can definitely lead to alignment indicative information.

Can you elaborate on why you think no lim is good WITH discussion here, compared to why you wanted no discussion for no lim in the other game?
I believe I mentioned this but it was probably brief.

This game everyone is a town power today. So scum will shoot tonight and will hit one. Of course, best case is they snag a pretender. But until that flip happens, everyone is (and by is I mean they personally) are of the belief they're a town power. So from that POV, scum cannot find a town power they want to find. There is no way for them to say in scum chat "x is a town pr" and especially no real way for them to say "x is a specific town pr". With that now said, the point in the previous game, and others, is that hiding the town PRs with no conversation and just no lim voting allows a greater chance for all town prs to make something happen N1, gives scum nothing more than a shot in the dark to locate one, and to me the odds say N1 will be better for town a majority of the time if played like that.

In this game, since every town can submit a night action tonight, then might as well talk to help town decide who they want to target. Because it's essentially just a shot in the dark for scum on who actually to kill. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if scum have already decided. If scum has anyone who knows the general player base well enough, they've probably already got it in their head who is the most dangerous townie to keep around from a pure scum hunting POV and will just off that person tonight.
This makes sense from a mechanical standpoint, ONLY if there were no pretenders. And even then it doesn't make sense from a practical standpoint, because the tradeoff for not revealing town pr's is axing discussion way too much to be preferable.

So for the mechanical part, we know that there will be 2 fake results from the pretenders and 2 fake results from scum. Assuming they kill one non pretender, then thats half the town revealing fake results. That to me is not making something happen, it just creates more confusion in town as you're muddying the waters even more, trying to find scum within a sea of bs info while trying to scumhunt as you would normally.
As for scum killing a dangerous townie, they will do that regardless of who claims whatever role. Someone can claim loyal checker right now, and rest easy knowing they probably won't be targeted since there's a not unlikely chance that they're just a pretender. Besides, no one is pushing for people to mass roleclaim, i'm just against no limming.

And the practical part as i said is too much to sacrifice for protecting some power roles that don't even need protection with a doctor in game. Eliminating someone isn't just killing someone suspicious and seeing their role, it's also analyzing how the wagon forms, reasonings wagoners put forth in their elim, analyzing counterwagons if there are any and so on... Point is, there are far more to limming than just bumping someone off. I'm not convinced that whatever you're telling with regards to no limming is worth giving up much more we would get with even a policy lim.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:51 am

Post by Donempire »

I got town leans on invisibility for now. I see where kowah was going with his idea, but i'm still unsure of their alignment. I'd need to see some more posting before i can make a definite read.
I dislike delta's rhetoric. I think they are too tied down in semantics arguments. I'd put them at a slight scumlean.

Everyone else is null. I'd rather not make a readlist without speaking with people directly and clearing up some confusions first. Makes me feel self-righteous otherwise.

Night lads :D
Formerly Dongempire
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:54 am

Post by Black »

In post 183, Donempire wrote:
they should?
Sure, if he is neighbour then he has no use for his night action. If he isn't and is faking it for some reason, then obviously roleblocker should also be on him as he wouldn't be trustworthy.

Besides, roleblocker has a 1/8 chance of stopping the night kill. Much higher likelihood of stopping an usefull role like inspector or loyal checker than stopping mafias kill, meaning we're not giving up an invaluable asset with our n1 roleblock either. Of course all these are assuming a town roleblocker.
Don't you think it would make more sense for the RB to block who they think is scum? I mean yeah if they are wrong then they potentially block a useful role, but I still think that's a better play than blocking someone you townread
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:04 am

Post by Appearance »

In post 186, Black wrote:
In post 183, Donempire wrote:
they should?

Don't you think it would make more sense for the RB to block who they think is scum? I mean yeah if they are wrong then they potentially block a useful role, but I still think that's a better play than blocking someone you townread
agreed.
though, bingle has claimed a weak pr and other seeking neighbor can always target him.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:07 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 165, Black wrote: I agree that Delta feels town so far but Jason seems to have way more conviction here which doesn't really make sense to me.
Are you really scum reading me for having conviction that this is Delta Town?

And when Delta is your third town read to boot?

What the fuck?
In post 171, Invisibility wrote: I've been back and forth as to whether or not Jason is town for their vote on me cuz like it kind of gave me genuine vibes vs it suggesting being informed like Black said. Ok now that I'm putting this into words I can barely justify the former so the latter is much more likely. 110 makes Jason's conviction even weirder
So 1 post that feels a bit off should instantly ruin a town read I have?

Like as a note, i didn't say i thought the post was scummy, I said wonky because I'm not entirely sure if it's even a scummy post or not.
In post 165, Black wrote: this post feels scummy to me. There's an informed air about it.
And just to clarify, can i ask what exactly is informed about me calling out that a decent chunk of players aren't posting worth shit, and that i have town reads on Delta/Kowah, and Bingle feels like a mech clash so i need to stop tunneling.

Like what exactly is informed about any of that?

UNVOTE: Invisibility
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:09 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 188, JasonWazza wrote: So 1 post that feels a bit off should instantly ruin a town read I have?
that's not what I meant. A post that gives you pause should make you think that Delta isn't obviously townie enough that someone voting him is scummy
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:10 am

Post by Invisibility »

I don't have a problem with you TRing Delta (I think Delta is kind townie myself), but I fail to see why it should've been obvious to me that Delta is town
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:11 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 189, Invisibility wrote:
In post 188, JasonWazza wrote: So 1 post that feels a bit off should instantly ruin a town read I have?
that's not what I meant. A post that gives you pause should make you think that Delta isn't obviously townie enough that someone voting him is scummy
You realize 105 happened after i called the votes on Delta bad (and an aside, BAD NOT SCUMMY)
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:14 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 191, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 189, Invisibility wrote:
You realize 105 happened after i called the votes on Delta bad (and an aside, BAD NOT SCUMMY)
yeah okay that's fair. Also you voted me for my vote on Delta lolz
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:15 am

Post by Invisibility »

yeah I can accept that you'd keep voting me for pre-105 stuffs though I still don't get why you voted me in the first place
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:16 am

Post by JasonWazza »

I mean I voted you for content for the most part.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:17 am

Post by Black »

In post 187, Appearance wrote: agreed.
though, bingle has claimed a weak pr and other seeking neighbor can always target him.
I understand that. I still think the RB should only block Bingle if they think he is scum though
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:19 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 178, Donempire wrote: Interesting, out of all these the kowah read is the one i'm in the most opposition of. The guy just seemed to create confusion with his no-lim strategy, then just discard it without elaborating further. I don't see the point of this at all.
I'm confused, what part of trying to push no-lim's is going for confusion?

Like this is a point that is done to death so much that it's not like there will be confusion about a no-lim strat, so what exactly makes you think that this is purely a push to try and make town confused over an actual personal belief that No-Lim is good?

VOTE: Donempire
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:22 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 195, Black wrote:
In post 187, Appearance wrote: agreed.
I understand that. I still think the RB should only block Bingle if they think he is scum though
Why does Town!Bingle need to not be RB'd in your mind?

I think putting our RB in a useful spot for all of town isn't a bad idea, If Bingle is Town, we give all our PR's a night to use their power, If Bingle is Scum, we openly force the other scum member to also not use their role to get a kill off.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:31 am

Post by Black »

In post 188, JasonWazza wrote: Are you really scum reading me for having conviction that this is Delta Town?

And when Delta is your third town read to boot?

What the fuck?
Maybe it's a playstyle thing but I'm never this sure about someone based on meta alone. Don't let Delta being third on my list confuse you about where I stand. I think he could definitely be scum still. You don't seem to think so and I read that type of conviction as informed, especially this early in a game

Can you explain your Kowah townread?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:40 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 198, Black wrote: Maybe it's a playstyle thing but I'm never this sure about someone based on meta alone.
My read is just based on Meta?

Fucking news to me.
In post 198, Black wrote: Don't let Delta being third on my list confuse you about where I stand. I think he could definitely be scum still.
And why do you think i don't think Delta could be scum still? it's not even Page 9, i'm not 100% certain no matter how much conviction i push.
In post 198, Black wrote: You don't seem to think so and I read that type of conviction as informed, especially this early in a game
Just to be clear, I would be scum in every game I play then, because if you don't have conviction, your votes don't actually have weight to them. and your pushes are useless.
In post 198, Black wrote: Can you explain your Kowah townread?
No-lim stuff is a Personality read, For the most part the rest is gut, to try and explain, Kowah is still pushing stuff normally, even while rebutting the no-lim stuff, there is still the push to solve within their posting.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”