Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:33 am

Post by Menalque »

Incidentally if skitter does go through today and I die, fucking turboyeet fire tomorrow and if he flips scum kill the people who were backing the skitt wagon today on subsequent days
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:42 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1546, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 1543, Cephrir wrote: ah, good, more long posts
hi im sorry

whats your feeling about the idea of limming skitter

I feel like u wolfread them but now seem reluctant about that wagon
i didn't like her daystart today obviously

i have been skimming so aggressively since then... so i dont feel like i know what's happening or why. so im really just asking myself whether i can let go of my alianna scumread when that's more real for me than the last 20 pages.

which is why i just want to outsource my vote to someone i trust right now
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:56 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 1549, Menalque wrote: “the people who would vote skitter here are the ones who have credibility in terms of currently actively evaluating, and that was something I was gonna talk about with why red>skitter bothers me so much. and it doesnt feel like his reads are so polarized between the two wagons that he can justify/overcome that disparity” I didn’t really understand what you were saying here

Both the first sentence and the second

What do you mean by the people who “have credit in terms of actually evaluating”?

And “it doesn’t feel like his reads are so polarised he can overcome the disparity”? What disparity?
I was a little offput by the popping in just to say "just kill fire now". just kinda inherently cuz of how different it was to my view + what ive discussed about how I think recent fire stuff is somewhat villagey so I want the push on him to acknowledge it more (ik you've since done this)

mainly, a lot of the things you say to try to convince people to just vote fire now bother me a lot

for example, ive already talked about you saying "it's so hard to get votes on fire but it was so easy for enchant." I feel like the problems with that statement are so obvious. enchant was easy because enchant outright refused to do stuff, n/a to fire. people find fire posting towny, maybe 1-2 people townread enchant.

the one im talking about there is "just look at who was on the 2 wagons"
In post 1434, Menalque wrote:
In post 1432, Aisa wrote: Sounds like you're gonna *love* the wall I'm working on, Mena ;)
If ur town can you please just vote fire and we can talk about skitter tomorrow

Look who else is on her wagon vs who is backing the fire wagon
maybe I just dont get it. but I was going to write a big post about how the people on the wagons made me especially not want the fire lim. the people who were willing to join a Fire wagon were entirely people who stopped playing the game around fire's posting (besides skitter and you), and all the people concluding hm I dont want fire I'd rather vote skitter are people who have felt like theyre continuing to authentically solve. I thought it made fire town. the people here opposing his lim didn't feel like scumpartners (there would be much more effective ways to defend fire, instead everyone felt pretty scattered). instead "I dont wanna lim fire" just felt like a natural conclusion from the past 48 hours or so. there was something DADV-y about the 2 wagons in fire's favor, like "most of the fire wagon has admitted theyre unable to support it very much further at all, and yet it still feels like fire might not successfully be saved over skitter, which should not be the case the way the two sides are playing."

so then the comment about the wagon compositions rubs me the wrong way. was the reason you made the comment because all the fire voters are villagery and all the skitter voters are wolfy? that didnt seem right, which is what the last comment you quoted is saying. idk maybe it was the explanation
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:57 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

idk

in ISO I feel the tunnel more and I get why you're posting like this and I would no longer say that it's maybe scummy
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:04 am

Post by Merlyn »

@sheep- I see your request for a read, I will say that you are NOT my number one townread lol so I'm glad you reflected on that. I'm not sure who my number one townread is, or if I have one yet.

Leaning town:
Ceph, Mena, Firebringer, Egix, sheep

Haven't gotten a read on:
Implo
Aureal
Aisa

Leaning scum:
dunn, skitter

Coming in when the deadline is looming, I've been focusing more on who I think is limmable scum than town.

@Ceph- I could see Aureal as scum, but my main feelings on that are meta (bc I've played twice with her as town and she wasn't as active) and I don't think that's a good enough reason to yeet someone. I do think this is a slot that should be looked into in more depth.

My ultimate feeling though is along these lines:
In post 1540, Aisa wrote: One advantage of flipping in {fire, skitter} is that we will definitely resolve one of them, lol. I worry that if we flip someone else we’ll just end up having collective paranoia over those two slots again tomorrow.
In post 1532, Egix96 wrote: unless you now think that fire v skitter is tvt then I don't see why we shouldn't just stay the course.
Unless anyone is feeling strongly that fire and skitter are both town, we need to vote along these lines. Skitter has already claimed, let's be really careful of not having any more claims than nesscessary. I don't think I have the dunn votes or they'd be happening, so I'll UNVOTE: Dunn and VOTE: skitter.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:05 am

Post by Merlyn »

that's E-1 I think
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:08 am

Post by Merlyn »

(out of game) the flavor of this game is AMAZING. I'm obsessed with the little weird ominous town we live in
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:19 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1555, Merlyn wrote: @sheep- I see your request for a read, I will say that you are NOT my number one townread lol so I'm glad you reflected on that. I'm not sure who my number one townread is, or if I have one yet.

Leaning town:
Ceph, Mena, Firebringer, Egix, sheep

Haven't gotten a read on:
Implo
Aureal
Aisa

Leaning scum:
dunn, skitter

Coming in when the deadline is looming, I've been focusing more on who I think is limmable scum than town.

@Ceph- I could see Aureal as scum, but my main feelings on that are meta (bc I've played twice with her as town and she wasn't as active) and I don't think that's a good enough reason to yeet someone. I do think this is a slot that should be looked into in more depth.

My ultimate feeling though is along these lines:
In post 1540, Aisa wrote: One advantage of flipping in {fire, skitter} is that we will definitely resolve one of them, lol. I worry that if we flip someone else we’ll just end up having collective paranoia over those two slots again tomorrow.
In post 1532, Egix96 wrote: unless you now think that fire v skitter is tvt then I don't see why we shouldn't just stay the course.
Unless anyone is feeling strongly that fire and skitter are both town, we need to vote along these lines. Skitter has already claimed, let's be really careful of not having any more claims than nesscessary. I don't think I have the dunn votes or they'd be happening, so I'll UNVOTE: Dunn and VOTE: skitter.
As it is written, so shall it be

VOTE: skitter
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:31 am

Post by Menalque »

@sheep firstly I think it’s kinda meh on whether fire has been doing stuff vs enchant or not. I have, admittedly, not been super here over the weekend as always but fire has no problem with volume of posting and I think what came before was just meh and I’ve seen an entire game think fire was town for posting a lot and thinking it looked okay but to me it was meh and town lost because of it

So colour me unimpressed but what fire has done so far even if certain moments have given me pause

To me I think all the arguments on skitt have been very weak and she’s always been an easy-ish target for scum to push because of the strength of her scumgame. I don’t feel like the wagon on her insofar as it came from town was more than sheeping people being loud and paranoia

Cont in pt2 bc lock could come any moment
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:34 am

Post by Menalque »

To me, ironically given what you said, fire has been the wagon people have been almost desperate to save without good reason and I think skitt as scum here would have made more effort to survive + there would be more effort from her partners to bail her out while fire lim was viable and she was gaining steam

Instead there was a heavy point of resistance on fire as that wagon got serious into a far too easy wagon on skitt

We’ll see if I have shit all over my face but I doubt it, but I want to reiterate again that if skitt is town then not limming fire tomorrow is basically just a throw if I’m not here to make that point again tomorrow
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:37 am

Post by Menalque »

Also idk how I feel about merlyn adding firebringer to her reads
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:37 am

Post by Menalque »

Oh last thing — if skitt is town and fire is town then I would probably vote ceph for the skitt hammer and the enchant vote on D1, if fire isn’t scum he’s just openwolfing
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:40 am

Post by Menalque »

Last last thing — I actually liked sheep’s response to me there and want to kill him less but I think if fire is scum then he still bears looking at but I’d probably be more focused on like egix and maybe merlyn
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:55 am

Post by fireisredsir »

sorry if wrong
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:21 am

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 2.8 (final)

This public information poster was ubiquitous during the mid-1970s when there was a spate of cases involving adults being abducted from leisure centres, building sites and nudist beaches.

The police launched a public manhunt hoping that the perpetrator would be swiftly apprehended, but the crimes went unsolved for nearly two years. Terrified grownups would only go outside in groups of four or five and many pubs refused to open.

It was only when a police medium read the entrails of a recently sacrificed tramp that clues were finally unearthed, leading to the arrest of eight year old Steven Benson who had fed his victims to his tortoise, Admiral Twinkles.

When Steven was taken into state care and Admiral Twinkles escaped, it was suggested that the tortoise, which was an illegal immigrant, had used ‘Manchurian Candidate’ style psychological techniques to manipulate young Steven into subconsciously carrying out his instructions.

skitter30 (6):
Egix96, fireisredsir, sheepsaysmeep, Aisa, Merlyn, Cephrir
fireisredsir (3):
Dunnstral, skitter30, Menalque
Dunnstral (1):
Aureal

Not voting (1):
implosion

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to launch.

“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:23 am

Post by Umlaut »

skitter30 was launched.

Spoiler: What was she?!
Welcome to Open 878. You are a
Townie

Abilities

You have no abilities other than your voice and your vote.

Win condition

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Night 2

Everybody sleep tight!
The night will end in (expired on 2023-06-14 17:24:00).
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:53 am

Post by Umlaut »

Merlyn died.

Spoiler: What was she?!
Welcome to Open 878. You are a
Town 1-Shot Cop

Abilities

Investigate:
Once, at night, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of
innocent
guilty
, or
no result

Win condition

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Day 3

Vote Count 3.0

This is a page from a 1200 page book aimed at 4 to 6 year olds called
“Let’s Sing The Unspeakable Together.”

The aim of the book was to familiarise young children with the town of Scarfolk, and some of its residents, through a series of infamous local unpleasantnesses.

It was first published by Scarfolk Books in 1970 but was reprinted and expanded in 1979 to include more impactful scenarios, crimes, and sheet music for recorder.

Not voting (9):
Dunnstral, Egix96, sheepsaysmeep, implosion, Cephrir, Menalque, fireisredsir, Aisa, Aureal

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to launch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-06-24 17:55:00)

Notes:
  • Aisa will be on V/LA from Thursday 5/15 through Sunday 5/18.
  • Cephrir will be on V/LA from Thursday 5/15 through Tuesday 5/20.
Last edited by Umlaut on Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:58 am

Post by Menalque »

VOTE: fire

Skitt was a counterwagon because fire is scum

Anyone who tries to save fire from being the lim today is also scum
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:02 pm

Post by Aisa »

V/LA 15th to 18th

I'll be completely absent in that period. If anyone has any questions for me ask in the next ~12 hours and I'll address them before I go.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:22 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

V/LA 15th to 17th
lol
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:24 pm

Post by Aisa »

Looks like Ceph's gonna be V/LA too, that's one third of the game dead on arrival lol
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:24 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

holy fuck merlyn didnt get a peek off