Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:57 pm

Post by Bingle »

Your argument presumes the other scumteam thinks I’m town, which is kinda fucking silly.

It also presumes that I don’t like to leave people I can tunnel alive to, yknow, tunnel on them. Like Cakez.

I had absolutely no traction on a Meuh lim, and was actually fairly widely suspected throughout D1.

Your narrative has no similarity to what actual happened.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:04 pm

Post by Bingle »

Like, you’re arguing that I would shoot someone who wasn’t a threat while ignoring people who were threats and was at worst a convenient place to push as a show of solving in order to claim that I would clearly not do the thing that is a bad idea.

So either I think it’s a bad idea to shoot Meuh there and am desperate enough for towncred to make that kill despite thinking it’s a stupid kill to make, or I don’t think it’s a stupid kill to make and yet come into the thread and try to fake thinking it’s a stupid kill to make for towncred while bragging about having shot myself in the foot.

The mental Olympics involved in this narrative are just wow, man.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:58 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1890, Bingle wrote:
In post 1857, Invisibility wrote:
In post 1828, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: BRUH HE LITERALLY SHOT MEUH AND THEN BRAGGED ABOUT IT
wait so are you saying that Bingle made an oopsie by kablamming his purported scumread that was secretly a townread and then he decided to be a big mean evil jerk and laugh about it in the thread or what
I mean, Pooky is not wrong that I enjoy bragging about insane shit I've pulled off. But his narrative here is that I'm literally bragging about shooting myself in the foot. Other things I don't tend to do: hitting my genitalia with hammers and putting my arms in woodchippers.
I don't know or need know about your kinks Bingle but this is actually a good point. Like, brag about messing up?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:01 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

the whole point is to claim he didnt do it
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:01 pm

In post 1926, Bingle wrote: Like, you’re arguing that I would shoot someone who wasn’t a threat while ignoring people who were threats and was at worst a convenient place to push as a show of solving in order to claim that I would clearly not do the thing that is a bad idea.

So either I think it’s a bad idea to shoot Meuh there and am desperate enough for towncred to make that kill despite thinking it’s a stupid kill to make, or I don’t think it’s a stupid kill to make and yet come into the thread and try to fake thinking it’s a stupid kill to make for towncred while bragging about having shot myself in the foot.

The mental Olympics involved in this narrative are just wow, man.

ok who would scum you have shot then?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:03 pm

In post 1925, Bingle wrote: Your argument presumes the other scumteam thinks I’m town, which is kinda fucking silly.

It also presumes that I don’t like to leave people I can tunnel alive to, yknow, tunnel on them. Like Cakez.

I had absolutely no traction on a Meuh lim, and was actually fairly widely suspected throughout D1.

Your narrative has no similarity to what actual happened.

so you think the scum team thought you were scum and decided to shoot the person you were pushing because?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:09 pm

also um isnt this just making my point that you were widely suspected d1 and needed something to change that?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:56 pm

The more I think about and , the more convinced I am in my original hypothesis that Bingle is just scum here.

Let me tell you why.

- The goal of these responses is to
discredit
my push against Bingle.

He's not trying to
figure out
whether this push from me is coming from Town!Pooky or geniune thoughts that Pooky actually thinks - he's not trying to divine what my motivations are or whether I actually believe this push. He's not trying to solve for my alignment - which really is the most important thing when dealing with a push.

You might say, well he doesn't need to ! he's convinced you're scum already Pooky! this is just a shitpush from scum!pooky.

Well think about it, even putting aside how stupid it would be for me to be doing this kind of kamikaze shitpush - let's say he really does believe that I'm Mafia and this is a shitpush - why does he need to discredit me? Simply agree to 1 for 1 and be done with it. If me/bingle are both going to flip, then in the world where I am mafia and Bingle is town, he wins 100% of the time. He doesn't NEED to discredit my argument, the flips will speak for themselves.

The reason he's going this route is because he knows that EVEN if Pooky gets flipped today - he can't let Pooky flip without bludgeoning Pooky's push on him because Pooky's push becomes only more real when Pooky flips town - so it's not enough for scum!Bingle to misflip Pooky - he has to first convince Pooky!Town that his argument is not good or bad here. Which is a hell of a different thing from just misflipping Pooky.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:59 pm

In post 1892, Bingle wrote: Also:
In post 1391, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: VOTE: meowth

I think Bingle is probably the best person at mech on the entire site and he enjoys solving mech optimal play for town regardless of his alignment. [as in he will literally as scum point out the best way for town to play optimally

I have given up on reading him because I've been basically wrong on him every time I have ever remembered reading him.
:D
also now that I think about this response to me where he points out the part where I said "I've misread Bingle every time I've tried"

This is entirely incongruent with a game state where he thinks I'm mafia - because mafia don't need to make reads. He's trying to sow doubt on my read because he knows I'm
town
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:38 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 1859, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1857, Invisibility wrote:
In post 1828, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: BRUH HE LITERALLY SHOT MEUH AND THEN BRAGGED ABOUT IT
wait so are you saying that Bingle made an oopsie by kablamming his purported scumread that was secretly a townread and then he decided to be a big mean evil jerk and laugh about it in the thread or what

think about it

lets say there are 2 mafia alive and niether of them is bingle.

they see bingle tunneling meuh.

why not simply leave meuh alive so bingle keeps tunneling/pushing her?

if meuh gets flipped by bingle, its one less person they have to get rid of and also makes bingle weaker on towncred and easier to push later.

shooting meuh in fact gurantees bingle(town) would be looking for a scum other than meuh since meuh is dead. why would a scum team do this?

why waste a shot on meuh when bingle is pushing her?

the easiest answer is because bingle is scum so these calculations were never made by such a hypothetical scum team. bingle shot meuh in order to make the argument that he wouldnt shoot meuh hence he is town which is kind of a bullshit line of reasoning anyway.
yeah this could've hypothetically happened but c'mon. I don't think it's more likely than like just Bingle being happy about being right or whatever.
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:41 am

Post by Invisibility »

this is silly

VOTE: Drew
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:02 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1933, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1892, Bingle wrote: Also:
In post 1391, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: VOTE: meowth

I think Bingle is probably the best person at mech on the entire site and he enjoys solving mech optimal play for town regardless of his alignment. [as in he will literally as scum point out the best way for town to play optimally

I have given up on reading him because I've been basically wrong on him every time I have ever remembered reading him.
:D
also now that I think about this response to me where he points out the part where I said "I've misread Bingle every time I've tried"

This is entirely incongruent with a game state where he thinks I'm mafia - because mafia don't need to make reads. He's trying to sow doubt on my read because he knows I'm
town
Exactly the opposite, in fact. That’s what makes this a scum push. You know, and have demonstrated recently as town, that you’re for shit at reading me. When confronted with that, instead of actually reading or reevaluating, you’re doubling down on what should be a low confidence read. When presented with evidence contradictory to your narrative, you straight up ignore it (rat pointing out that what you’re accusing me of instigating as a scum tactic being your own slot’s last contribution to the thread met with idc, for example) and you’re doubling down on “I’m fine being eliminated” when you, me, and probably sheep’s grandma can all tell those are empty NAI words. Of course you won’t just lay down and take the lim tomorrow if you’re town who manages to mislim me. Because just laying down and taking the lim would be playing antiwincon. Kinda like you’re not actually looking to be the lim here today.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:08 am

Post by Bingle »

Lunch break is almost over, but pooky doesn’t trust a read based on evidence he’s been told is wrong on a player he knows he isn’t good at reading in a game that he literally hasn’t read most of enough to actually wager the game on it.

And I almost certainly would have shot vizzy. Possibly fire. There were strong reasons not to shoot most other people and the whole point of the night one scumkill is to avoid hitting scum.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:28 am

Post by Firebringer »

Why would u shoot vizzy
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:29 am

Post by Firebringer »

i think pooky is town but i don't really know how i feel about his bingle case or this back and forth between the two.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:30 am

Post by Firebringer »

theres like 14 hours left in this day and i am having hard time caring
Show

Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:30 am

Post by Invisibility »

I think Pooky is town who is being silly
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:39 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I think invis is towny
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:40 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

bingle Merlyn drew is what I would vote today I guess
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:40 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

ausuka could be mafia but she is townier and I am pocketed
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:58 am

Post by Ausuka »

oh shit
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:07 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1945, Ausuka wrote: oh shit
Scum claim?

:eek:
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:09 am

Post by Ausuka »

mm

VOTE: bingle

sorry if this is wrong! i would understand being annoyed by this, although bingle didn't really seem like he cares about the game that much more than i do right now. i do have a very hard time efforting right now especially cos most of the game is in the same boat as me and if pooky is like caring about the game and confident and willing to bop himself i'm down for it. I also don't really feel bad about the idea of boping pooky for this because that's umlaut slot and bingle also said pooky was scum sooo whatever

if i have to give a reason, the 'bragging rights' line from bingle rubbed me the wrong way. it's fine to argue that pooky wouldn't let himself get bop'd, whatever, but the line at first is that if pooky is going to lose he's going to push bingle for bragging rights - which is like, if you push for a bop, get someone limmed, and lose the game for your partner, is that really a bragging rights moment? - and then kind of seamlessly pivots to the more sensible sounding argument even though I don't really think the two is that capable. It would make the most sense if this was bingle's reaction to pooky catching him off guard?

pedit: yes
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:27 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1947, Ausuka wrote: if i have to give a reason, the 'bragging rights' line from bingle rubbed me the wrong way.
In hindsight, 'bragging rights' is probably the wrong way to say it. My last game with Pooky was election, where, despite the fact that he jokingly called me a cheeky scumfuck in a PT once despite hardtownreading me pretty much all game in spite of his own insecurity in reading me and was shot because he was a threat to Alisae, who is notable for complex setups and not being named Bingle. I 100% believe that scum pooky comes in with a desire to get me limmed specifically. Call it ego, but it just makes sense to me.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:29 am

Post by Datisi »

I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”