Micro 1089: the coalition, again [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:13 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1606, Thestatusquo wrote: I find it very hard to believe that bulge has any more scum equity than anyone else and hes a very convenient name to point to for someone who wants a non-controversial take.
it works sometimes in coalition. sometimes scum just get kinda left behind
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:13 pm

Post by hellbooks »

Taking a break from the thread.
^ my second signature reference this game, here let me make another one. I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again: for example if you said that The Bulge instantly won the game if he was included in the coalition after page 100 I will go "Ok, Bulge coal it is then"
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:13 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1618, Isis wrote:
In post 1606, Thestatusquo wrote: I find it very hard to believe that bulge has any more scum equity than anyone else and hes a very convenient name to point to for someone who wants a non-controversial take.
My pov on this is massively different when I have so much of the game's consensus scum equity [and I need to widen this damn limpool]
Tbh another thing that is bothering me is I feel like your reaction here is massively overblown to the amount of pressure you've actually received and the number of people who actually have listed you as an actual scum read. I said I wasn't town reading you. I don't think there's a bunch of people out there listing you as their number one scum read and so for you to go full oh everyone thinks I'm scum not a single person thinks I'm town feels premature to me.

And like that's not scummy in and of itself because like I've certainly done similar things as town when I'm reading the room as being against me and felt I needed to go into drastic be townie mode it's what you're doing with it that I feel is kinda weird. Like, the AtE stuff which seemed to be designed to actively make people feel bad for suspecting you followed by lets push the lurker slot feel like you're using this overreaction to shape narratives too which I don't like.

At a baseline level all I want is actual analysis from you and you keep refusing to give it while making jokes about how you're scum and pushing thread discourse places I don't like.

To throw up your hands and be like welp guess I have to default my worldview to the lurker slot being scum and decide a read on someone else because they're unlikely to be scum with the lurker slot is just not gameplay that helps us at all. And you KNOW that.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:15 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1625, fireisredsir wrote:
I'm not saying that bulge is never scum, though I think I listed some reasons why I independently found him to be kinda townie when he was here.

It's that going there as the default and then going even further and saying a skitter town read is partially based off of them not being partners with bulge is just weird man.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:15 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1621, Isis wrote:
In post 1613, Thestatusquo wrote: Like is that post really funny the 15th time she makes it?

(hellbooks I am not subtweeting you this is not a hellbooks subtweet)
Shea unfortunately I just do not think I am very funny and make humor without an expectation anyone will find it funny

It's actually a big insecurity for me.

I don't think anyone found it funny the first or second time
I frequently do find you funny though.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:16 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1628, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1625, fireisredsir wrote:
I'm not saying that bulge is never scum, though I think I listed some reasons why I independently found him to be kinda townie when he was here.
yea ik, your reasons are dependent on ari scum tho and if ari is town then i think the same post you townread looks really scummy
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:17 pm

Post by tris »

why are people arguing about how funny stuff is?
here's what it says
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:17 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Can you explain that? I don't think my read is dependent on Ari's alignment so I'd like to hear why you think it is.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:17 pm

Post by tris »

In post 875, sheepsaysmeep wrote: would not recommend just loosely vibing and then reading the 35 pages for real in one sitting

but I'll probably end up doing again
aaaaaa
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by tris »

In post 876, sheepsaysmeep wrote: HURT: everything

HEAL: sheep
HEAL: tris
HEAL: fire

I maybe want to hold off on other 2 spots
:o meow!
here's what it says
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:21 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1159, Thestatusquo wrote: The remaining two in my coalition are weaker. Tris because I kinda do think she got tmi'd and the bulge because he seems to be willing to let me cook.
In post 1197, Thestatusquo wrote: In particular I think bulge could be scum but the way he's approached the thread hasn't felt like someone who was trying to accomplish scum goals to me, especially from my pov of knowing I'm town. Would have been pretty easy for scum bulge to come in here and lightly shade me and given that else was going on thread momentum wise it basically would have gotten rid of any chance of me ever being in a coalition at very little cost to him.

He didn't do that he instead expressed mild support. I'm not sure why he does that as his main thread contribution as scum.
these are the reasons you gave and my understanding is that they are referring to post which is lightly propping himself up behind you in the shea vs ari argument

lmk if im wrong and/or missing something
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:22 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i think that if you vs ari is tvs then thats a towny post and if you vs ari is tvt then its a scummy post but maybe you disagree i guess
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:25 pm

Post by tris »

In post 891, Isis wrote: Idk if I can take tris having a stellar first 5 pages all the way through gamecrux f3
can i just like vibe the rest of the game
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:28 pm

Post by tris »

In post 893, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I skimmed couple Isis towngames and the thing I find scummy wasn’t there

which was that there the reads are presented more like “I guess I think bob is scum because this reason,” but here it’s superconfident “bob is town/scum btw.” that felt forced/faked/whatever

I’m just scared that maybe this is too simple
In post 894, sheepsaysmeep wrote: and I guess I could sorta see that difference being due to this game’s social dynamics?
sheep continues to be town
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:30 pm

Post by tris »

In post 896, hellbooks wrote: To the person who said that bulge could be scum with anybody (i think fire) i would say sure but also its not as if his iso is an utter information wasteland in fact we have 1) 3-4 scum reads and an ordered list of townreads and 2) his lack of this hot new sorting strategy that has taken the site by storm that people are calling "thread control"
more like a lack of existing in the thread than actively lacking thread control
here's what it says
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:31 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1636, fireisredsir wrote: i think that if you vs ari is tvs then thats a towny post and if you vs ari is tvt then its a scummy post but maybe you disagree i guess
I'd like the reason for why its a townie post or a scummy post in those worlds pls and thank you.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:38 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1640, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1636, fireisredsir wrote: i think that if you vs ari is tvs then thats a towny post and if you vs ari is tvt then its a scummy post but maybe you disagree i guess
I'd like the reason for why its a townie post or a scummy post in those worlds pls and thank you.
if ari is scum then i think scum bulge almost never makes that post bc it pushes ari a little further away from coalition and he's not exactly trying to make it in himself. i don't think the distancing is worth it. so if ari is scum then the bulge making that post is more likely to be a town one

but if ari is town and you're also town, then i think lightly taking a side and hiding behind someone else's read is pretty scummy bc it is pushing out a town and also making an ally of a town. i think it would be nearly as scummy if he hid behind ari instead, but i think there were more people at the time who townread you than townread ari (or at least i did lol and maybe that warps my perspective) and so getting on your side seems natural for scum to do there. you're also probably more likely to be receptive to someone joining your side since you seem to have felt a lot of the time like the world is against you here

if ari is town and you're scum then idk it's also lightly scummy due to supporting a partner weakly etc but it doesn't really feel like that is the world here
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:47 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i think its actually kinda wild to not see "yea sure ill sheep that unexplained secret meta read" as scummy lol

but i can understand that since it came in the form of support to you it feels nicer
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:47 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I find that argument pretty persuasive tbh.

I havent gone back and thought about that interaction in a bit.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by Isis »

Last post before vla

The momma was sitting in the bird nest right by my door formed in the nest over my across the hall apartment neighbor's door. The bird seemed really natural and real and reminded me of fireisredsir.

Fireisredsir is kinda townie in this page for staring a fact or the matter emperor's new clothes kinda read in the bulge bc most of us have not raised it bc we are town and me and one other person didn't raise it cause we are less likely to see it as scum. It's just a really good read.

I think doubling down that Shea should also be seeing what she's seeing in Bulge's choices furthers how town indicative is because if you want for emperor's new tailor type towncred youd wanna just cautiously see if you get any cred rather than double down on a take that might be as unique as your role pm color.

Wrt to me overreacting to not being townread it's kind of a twisted aspect of the setup. I can't lim anyone. I can only push a coalition that includes me and one that excludes me. I think I'm bad at mafia enough that fmpov all 8*7*6*5 coalitions that include me are better than all the ones that exclude me just from knowing there's a town slot. So I think id agree I'm only softly bottom-slot-in-game but the setup makes that a frustrating position

Alright I gtg

I hope I don't post again
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:21 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1644, Isis wrote: Last post before vla

The momma was sitting in the bird nest right by my door formed in the nest over my across the hall apartment neighbor's door. The bird seemed really natural and real and reminded me of fireisredsir.

Fireisredsir is kinda townie in this page for staring a fact or the matter emperor's new clothes kinda read in the bulge bc most of us have not raised it bc we are town and me and one other person didn't raise it cause we are less likely to see it as scum. It's just a really good read.

I think doubling down that Shea should also be seeing what she's seeing in Bulge's choices furthers how town indicative is because if you want for emperor's new tailor type towncred youd wanna just cautiously see if you get any cred rather than double down on a take that might be as unique as your role pm color.

Wrt to me overreacting to not being townread it's kind of a twisted aspect of the setup. I can't lim anyone. I can only push a coalition that includes me and one that excludes me. I think I'm bad at mafia enough that fmpov all 8*7*6*5 coalitions that include me are better than all the ones that exclude me just from knowing there's a town slot. So I think id agree I'm only softly bottom-slot-in-game but the setup makes that a frustrating position

Alright I gtg

I hope I don't post again
have a great weekend <3
You are always gonna be my love
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:31 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I found ur scumclaims funny btw isis I just also sometimes genuinely truly believe them like theyre really pure scum claims
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:32 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I miss the bulge