Mini 2308 | Blood over Utopia | Utopia fell.

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:41 pm

Post by Deal With The Devil »

In post 671, marcistar wrote: can we just vote cakez out pls
Why do you want to do that?

- Alianna
Hydra of Doctor Drew and Alianna.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:48 pm

Post by marcistar »

bcuz hes scum
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:54 pm

Post by meowmeow »

In post 641, Aureal wrote:
In post 614, meowmeow wrote:
In post 592, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 591, meowmeow wrote: marci, roden
merlyn
csf, snivy
cakez, flavor leaf, random nurse
devil, rcenigma
aureal, penguinpower

i think i'm here right now. i don't really get common townreads on RCE. none of my reads are that strong so far - honestly, i'm a little worried about it, it feels like the gamestate isn't that advanced and we're halfway to deadline. i was hoping we'd be able to, uh, walk and chew gum when it comes to the mechanical stuff, but maybe we need to cut down on it and focus on the mafia side of things
Listen, I am letting Alianna deal with the mech stuff, so we can tussle and throw hands on the mafia side of things if you want.

Especially since we have some clear differences in our reads.

Snivy that high? RC and Aureal that low?

-Drew
snivy is... really not that high. he is one tier above random nurse. i get slight town vibes from his attitude, but nothing specific

rce feels off to me and i don't understand townreads there. although i wouldn't call flavour leaf towny - why his vote is on flavour leaf is a good question? for someone who has so many posts, i don't think he's doing much to advance the game honestly.

why shouldn't i have aureal that low? originally, i had aureal as a bit towny for her insistence on pushing mechanically good ideas. you didn't agree with them, so i'm not sure why you think i should be townreading her. there's not really a case for me to make here, i just feel very uneasy with her posts and extensive mechanical focus she had for the entire game to the point she had like one blank vote in terms of reads content despite being around quite a bit. something about her interaction with me and roden felt off to me, too. it's mostly a gut thing but if i have to put it into words, i guess it's responding to my post and not roden's (she responded to a post before that that came after roden's chronologically, so this wasn't a convenience thing) to say she wasn't doing what roden thought? and then like, poking at me for the first time after roden said he would townread her poking at people? i don't think it's especially unreasonable to ask me about that, but i don't think it's an especially baffling read to make either, so asking about that as your first question of the game does feel ??? to me

You think it's suspicious to respond non-sequentially? Man, I knew there had to be someone out there that I was paranoid of feeling that way when I hold back posts because I'm not keeping up well and don't want to seem like I'm ignoring things. :lol:

I'm posting from mobile while doing other things a lot and might get a little scattershot in responses at times. Like right now, there was some other post in here I saw and want to respond to and didn't immediately find so it's probably before this one a ways.

I saw Roden's post about me but didn't immediately feel moved enough to comment on it until you did as well because you both validated my feeling that it was kind of an odd take, and came to a different conclusion about him based on it. So I asked, and realized I liked your reasoning better than my own. I've seen a good few fake townreads on me in recent games, and you made me realize it didn't really resemble those, even though it seemed inaccurate in the reasoning.
yes, it's me. i'm the cat from your nightmares. meow

well, idk, roden's take was about you, so i would have thought if he's wrong it's reasonable for you to interject then. the fact it didn't move you to comment at first, although he was saying something about you that you knew was wrong and you found it odd, feels like... overly cautious, to me?
try as you might, you continue to be yourself.
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:57 pm

Post by meowmeow »

In post 644, Aureal wrote:
In post 615, meowmeow wrote:
In post 594, Aureal wrote:
In post 591, meowmeow wrote: none of my reads are that strong so far - honestly, i'm a little worried about it, it feels like the gamestate isn't that advanced and we're halfway to deadline. i was hoping we'd be able to, uh, walk and chew gum when it comes to the mechanical stuff, but maybe we need to cut down on it and focus on the mafia side of things
Yeah, I agree with this. This setup triggers my mech-based instincts to want to try to break it, but motivation sank and now I still barely even have any reads.

Hmmmm. What do you suppose is the meaning of the fact that there was a bunch of talk about the Merlyn wagon but nobody ever asked me why I voted her? Was it that obvious to everyone?
did you see this setup as like, especially breakable? i mean, there's certainly engagement to be had over which options will be better for town and that's totally fine, but even in the best case scenario, are any of these options really that good?

i can't speak for anyone else, but i thought it'd be more interesting to wait and see if you talked about merlyn, or anyone else, without prompting
Oh, it was the next post, lol.

I guess breakable might not have been the best description. It's a bianco design, I'm not mech-headed enough to think I can literally break it. But I'm a micromanager who wants to optimize things to an obnoxious extent. Like today I'm kicking myself because I missed a Paypal offer to get $5 back if I'd just used it for one more $50 transaction by yesterday. Surely I could have found something else I could've paid with PayPal for in the last couple of weeks and I would have gotten free money. :(

And we're on the same page regarding talking about Merlyn, lol. I was kind of waiting to see if anyone asked about it!

Seeing as nobody did, I started theorizing about what that might imply. Then I went back and looked at the actual wagon composition and decided I didn't really like my theory after all. :?
well on the bright side you saved yourself $45! maybe we should hold a vote on whether we should use the paypal ability
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:04 pm

Post by meowmeow »

In post 647, Aureal wrote:
In post 627, meowmeow wrote: i've played with you before, but it was a long time ago now - it's true i don't have recent experience with you and i guess i'll check your games from 2022?

i wouldn't expect you or most people to do things with the sole intention of 'advancing the gamestate' but usually that just happens naturally by like, pushing people or asking questions when you're suspicious etc. like, the intention reading part of your post - i think you did that with cakez, and maybe a bit with drew, but it doesn't feel like a big focus for you so far. i understand if you're town you probably have been thinking things and just not posting about them that much, and i don't really intend to vote you out d1 unless we get in a deadline rush and it's you or someone i townread

re: fl, i don't mind that you prioritise sorting him but i don't really see how your vote goes about doing that? since i don't think fl has really entered the game yet and i don't think fl is going to like feel pressured by the vote or whatever. it's not the biggest deal because townies do things i don't understand frequently, but it does just feel a bit strange that you didn't seem to have anything else going on at the time i guess
Okay, well, uh, thanks for reinforcing my townread on you by thinking the same sort of things as me again???

Sigh
this sounds like you're angry at me for making you townread me :lol:
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:05 pm

Post by meowmeow »

In post 653, camelCasedSnivy wrote: i townread marci leaf
townlean includes meowmeow and aureal
null is everyone else but notably devil
scumlean is merlyn rce and cakez
scum is penguin and snivy
idk if you just missed or didn't want to answer but why is leaf town?
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:12 pm

Post by Deal With The Devil »

In post 676, marcistar wrote: bcuz hes scum
I'll rephrase then, why do you still think he's scum?
If it's the same stuff as before, then I'll just agree to disagree because I don't find any of that scummy.

- Alianna
Hydra of Doctor Drew and Alianna.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:16 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I already said leaf’s posts town reading me felt genuine and not like they were trying to pocket me.

Doesn’t make sense to town read me as scum and not try to pocket me.

If they were trying to pocket me, well, I’m pocketed, but from my pov, it looks like people are trying to get them to be suspicious rather than them actually being suspicious
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:19 pm

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

In post 680, meowmeow wrote:
nothing pings me as scum about him and i get towny vibes from him. also likes

btw merlyn is like, barely a scumlean too and I'm only saying it because i partially forgot why i thought they were scum in the first place
master at being scum(my)
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:20 pm

why does that link to 653 wtf
master at being scum(my)
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:25 pm

Post by meowmeow »

In post 656, Roden wrote: In my head I had the thought that Aureal had a good mix of mech and player solving, but after going back over her ISO I'd say you're right about her being more mech focused, at least early on. I don't feel like she had any intent to try to earn town cred with "correct" mech solving though. I think her and Devil have been doing their best to explain our options with the pros and cons as concisely as possible.

As for Devil's reads, I find myself vibing with most of them. Drew in particular feels like his pushes are kinda weak but only because he's just freely speaking his mind. It doesn't seem agenda-y to me.

Are there any pushes of theirs that you did like?
shrug, i think posting mostly reasonable sounding longish posts about mech is a fairly safe thing to do and aureal was mostly just getting townreads for a while iirc so it seems likely that a hypothetical scum aureal would keep doing that with the intent that, even if it wouldn't earn her tons of towncred, it was a strategy that had worked out until that point and she just wanted to keep rolling

and no, i don't really think i've liked any devil-push so far. at least, i don't remember liking any, and a quick iso didn't remind me of a minor push i liked and forgot about or whatever. the snivy, marci and merlyn pushes all felt :neutral: at best to me
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:26 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 681, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 676, marcistar wrote: bcuz hes scum
I'll rephrase then, why do you still think he's scum?
If it's the same stuff as before, then I'll just agree to disagree because I don't find any of that scummy.

- Alianna
no the reason is because he hasnt done anything that i find towny enough to doubt my original read. hes 100% scum :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ILL MAKE SURE TO LIST YOU AS A SCUM ENABLER IN MY VERY EXCLUSIVE READSLISTS THAT I NEVER MAKE
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by meowmeow »

In post 683, camelCasedSnivy wrote:

btw merlyn is like, barely a scumlean too and I'm only saying it because i partially forgot why i thought they were scum in the first place
idk like can i get you to elaborate here. like what about fl's posts felt like he would be more likely to make them as town, especially before your read list

most of his posts have been like "hi guys look at me i'm a leaf and i replaced in like 5 minutes ago"

i'm not really *that* suspicious of this because it's more of an "i don't get it from either alignment" but i would like to be able to read you
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:53 pm

In post 687, meowmeow wrote:
In post 683, camelCasedSnivy wrote:

idk like can i get you to elaborate here. like what about fl's posts felt like he would be more likely to make them as town, especially before your read list

most of his posts have been like "hi guys look at me i'm a leaf and i replaced in like 5 minutes ago"

i'm not really *that* suspicious of this because it's more of an "i don't get it from either alignment" but i would like to be able to read you
idk he seems towny
master at being scum(my)
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:53 pm

im assuming youre talking about the "towny vibes" part
master at being scum(my)
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by meowmeow »

ok well what posts had the towny vibes
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:57 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 690, meowmeow wrote: ok well what posts had the towny vibes
657, they already said this
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by meowmeow »

In post 691, Flavor Leaf wrote:
that was after they townread you
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:59 pm

, , , if i HAD to pinpoint it

excluding the ones about me, seems like leaf is trying to help with the (limited?) knowledge he has after replacing in

idk where you got the "I'm a replace who hasn't read anything" idea from other than maybe 2 posts
master at being scum(my)
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:59 pm

In post 692, meowmeow wrote:
In post 691, Flavor Leaf wrote:
that was after they townread you
idk what post that is lmao
master at being scum(my)
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:02 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Damn, y’all hounding them makes me town read them more.

I don’t think their initial posting they even thought about that stuff, so the fact they said if they ‘HAD’ to, means they were breaking down what they were thinking earlier without having thought of it earlier.

So it feels actual genuine.

I think there is scum in the people pushing Camel leaf
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:05 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Off the top of the dome, meowmeow, marcistar, and Merlyn had weird comments. I don’t think they’re all scum, but I’m comfortable saying at least 1, even if Snivy Leaf ends up being scum, I think scum joined in on it.

There was one point with Merlyn that felt really off for me, and they hard pocketed me before, so like I can see it as town Merlyn thinking Snivy Leaf trying to pocket me, but yeah, i got weird energy from that post.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:05 pm

so just devil/aureal/merlyn?/meow?

ngl this is incentive for me to switch to devil but that's not gonna go anywhere

also roden has been sleepin
master at being scum(my)
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:08 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 659, camelCasedSnivy wrote: its just devil and aureal rn

4321 pattern was also ruined

Add those 2 in, I guess, but Aureal doesn’t really look like they’re pushing you hard on a second glance now that I’m taking a little bit to get into it.

Devil Inhavent really read their posts yet, besides knowing I need to stay out of the Drewso Penitentiary or he gonna get me.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:09 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 697, camelCasedSnivy wrote: so just devil/aureal/merlyn?/meow?

ngl this is incentive for me to switch to devil but that's not gonna go anywhere

also roden has been sleepin
I’m still figuring some stuff out, so take what I say with a grain of salt, i like to play in the present, and I haven’t directly interacted with any of them, so it could change how I feel

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”