{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:59 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 2144, DragonEater70 wrote:Wow I just realized I think you had this avatar on the EM site, right? I vaguely remember it all of a sudden.
No, EpicMafia Ranger's avatar was one of our first two avatars ever, technically the first ever made specifically for us.

The original has been lost to the depths of time as it came from the darkthrone beta, yet a highly pixelated/compressed copy remains.
Spoiler: it does contain my deadname though
That was the EM Ranger avatar.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:02 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 2147, Aureal wrote:Ranger it'd be lovely if you'd actually give any sort of explanation of your reads. You've had some noticeable shifts, but then again you weren't explaining your reads in the first place so I don't know why you thought DE was towny in the first place when he's been rather scummy all game and has just decided to start scraping the bottom of the scum-barrel with nonsense.
Simply put, I instalocked DragonEater70 as scum last game when he actually was. Trusting that wasn't a fluke, he's town here. His play feels radically different as well. He's more active, his tone's better, and his content more varied.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:03 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2147, Aureal wrote: Ranger it'd be lovely if you'd actually give any sort of explanation of your reads. You've had some noticeable shifts, but then again you weren't explaining your reads in the first place so I don't know why you thought DE was towny in the first place when he's been rather scummy all game and has just decided to start scraping the bottom of the scum-barrel with nonsense.
I know this probably sounds scummy af to you if you actually are town but I really can't think of a better way to convey it:

Aureal, if you are town, you gotta realize that the town core townreads certain people and that calling them scummy with no elaboration is NOT going to get the towncore on your side. So if you are town, well, act like it.
I really don't think I'm "scraping the bottom of the barrel" here when 4 other pretty townie people are voting the same slot as I am.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:04 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2150, Ranger wrote:
In post 2144, DragonEater70 wrote:Wow I just realized I think you had this avatar on the EM site, right? I vaguely remember it all of a sudden.
No, EpicMafia Ranger's avatar was one of our first two avatars ever, technically the first ever made specifically for us.

The original has been lost to the depths of time as it came from the darkthrone beta, yet a highly pixelated/compressed copy remains.
Spoiler: it does contain my deadname though
That was the EM Ranger avatar.
Nvm then
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:06 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2152, DragonEater70 wrote:
I really don't think I'm "scraping the bottom of the barrel" here when 4 other pretty townie people are voting the same slot as I am.
Scratch that, there are some potentially scummy people on the wagon. Ahem, people who I will ISO later.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:11 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 2118, DkKoba wrote:Sure if 100% of your reads are based in mechs it doesn't help but revealing a slots alignment helps inform night actions better
This is why I'd purge either Cook or Delta.

Delta got a scum role PM upon replacing in and is lost on what to do. Doctor Drew was in his scum meta, tried to diverge from it with a disingenuous attack on me, yet failed.

Cook's early play was strong, then she fell off a cliff. Her momentum died, and when she noted I was honing in on her, her approach and attitude abruptly changed.

Both have interactions with each other strongly indicating they're partnered.

This, aside from my guarantee Cook's in my group of four and speculation Delta/Drew's in a second group of four guaranteed to contain scum.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:10 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 2151, Ranger wrote:
In post 2147, Aureal wrote:Ranger it'd be lovely if you'd actually give any sort of explanation of your reads. You've had some noticeable shifts, but then again you weren't explaining your reads in the first place so I don't know why you thought DE was towny in the first place when he's been rather scummy all game and has just decided to start scraping the bottom of the scum-barrel with nonsense.
Simply put, I instalocked DragonEater70 as scum last game when he actually was. Trusting that wasn't a fluke, he's town here. His play feels radically different as well. He's more active, his tone's better, and his content more varied.
He's not more active, he's actively dodging answering questions and acting oblivious rather than trying to figure things out. Like, he literally complained that nobody would engage with him so I asked him questions about scummy things he did, he didn't answer, I reminded him, and he just acted like he never saw them. That's not someone who cares about engagement, that's someone trying to not have to do things. This is not the inquisitive and thoughtful town DE70 I played with in N2114, this's his scum meta. He does realize that lurking can make pressure just go away, you know.

And that's not even getting into all the other ridiculous stuff he's done. His behavior around claiming is just atrocious. First, he wasn't really waiting on anything to claim. Yet did wait. And wait. And wait. Accusing you of fakeclaiming in the process for no discernable reason that doesn't seem to have been followed up on in any way. Then he moves on to trying to say he didn't want to claim because he didn't want to be roleblocked/killed. When his ability is so damn useless. Oh, and that he didn't want to vote Koba out because of his role, but... for some reason didn't want to just say this at the time when Koba claimed. With massclaim well underway by this point. It took him FIVE WHOLE DAYS after Koba's claim to bring his own claim out, when bringing it up immediately would be the most natural thing to do.

Or, let's see the scummy things that he's done today to try to push me. He's totally ignored me when I explained why you can't get the Amway powers day one to just keep trying to tell me to neighborize you for it then nonsensically blamed the quote feature for his insistence that
I'm
the one who's ignoring him. He's just randomly called a post of mine where I muse about a potential action that could be taken with my powers "not townie" and voted me with zero explanation. He's made a totally false assertion that I have 'complete disregard for scumhunting' when I was like the first person in the game to be scumhunting and have assembled a group of strong scumreads.

And I'm not even gonna get into the no-elimination discussion nonsense... :roll:
In post 2155, Ranger wrote: Delta got a scum role PM upon replacing in and is lost on what to do. Doctor Drew was in his scum meta, tried to diverge from it with a disingenuous attack on me, yet failed.
Delta is VLA.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:27 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1893, Aureal wrote:

Oh, you wanna contribute? 1. How about explaining why you decided to pester me for reads when it was like 12 hours into the game? 2. What made you think this was productive? 3. Why me specifically, do you think I'm normally giving lots of reads constantly?

4. Or how about explaining why you started to buy into my theory about Alisae, then brushed it off with a "oh no let's not repeat Aureal v. Alisae like that newbie game" which seems to imply that you promptly decided my theory was wrong and we were both town?
Hi Aureal, sorry for missing these questions. It was not my intention to ignore them. I will answer them now.

1. I just checked our combined ISO and I have NOT, in fact, pestered you for reads within 12 hours of the game starting. I have not checked farther than post 250 (about 16 hours into the game), but if I pestered you later than that I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask for reads after page 10.

2. I always pester people for reads, that's my playstle. You should know that since you have played with me in the past when I was town.

3. As I don't recall targeting you specifically early on, I cannot answer that. But after a while it became so glaringly obvious that you did not have reads, that yes I did start to pester you.

4. Because I was not interested in that 1v1 and I did feel it was silly to sr Alisae based off that? And also, because, ya'know, I didn't enjoy what happened back then and I felt like I don't want to re-live it? Like sure maybe Alisae is scum here, but I'm playing this game to have fun and I won't be having any fun from that kind of intense 1v1. So I rather drop ot even if it's suboptimal.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:30 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2156, Aureal wrote:
In post 2151, Ranger wrote:
He's not more active, he's actively dodging answering questions and acting oblivious rather than trying to figure things out. Like, he literally complained that nobody would engage with him so I asked him questions about scummy things he did, he didn't answer, I reminded him, and he just acted like he never saw them. That's not someone who cares about engagement, that's someone trying to not have to do things. This is not the inquisitive and thoughtful town DE70 I played with in N2114, this's his scum meta. He does realize that lurking can make pressure just go away, you know.
Is it that gard to believe that I was skimming and really didn't see the questions? Because that's the truth.
As I said a million times, prior to yesterday morning I lacked both the time and the motivation to seriously play and I was just replying to whatever caught my eye from a brief skim. And I missed A LOT. Like half the claims actually I didn't see in real time but only in the lists that Snivy and Ranger made.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:30 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Hard rather than gard.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:42 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

And I apologize in advance for not answering the rest of the post, will do that either before or after I do the ISOs.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:44 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

But I find it funny that you say that I am using the "lurking will make pressure go away" strat when I have never been under pressure this game.

Except for that one weird time Koba wagoned me. But it actually started due to me lurking and stopped when I engaged the game, not the other wy around like you describe it.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:46 am

Post by DkKoba »

can we just kill aureal and move on? like I kinda don't care to read more bad faith shade from them tbh LOL

Like read thru the points, they're all trying to frame things that look "weird" or "undesirable" (like stuff that appears anti-town on the surface) to push DE and it just gives "scum desperate to get an easy looking miskill through"
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:18 am

Post by AniX »

In post 2140, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 2119, Political Clout wrote: anix is saying implicitly that the info we get from dragoneat is better than info we get from a flip. anix is also saying dragoneat is scum. these two facts don't mesh well.
AniX is basically admitting that she either doesn't want to or can't form reads based on day play. I don't know which is more concerning, but I don't think she lied when she said she's a good Mafia player.
So that leaves us with "doesn't want to" form reads.
which is anti-town, but in a less scummy way than Aureal's complete disregard of actual scumhunting.
It is less "doesn't want to" and more "I do not believe it is likely to be accurate at this stage of the game nor the best strategy in this specific type of game"
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:21 am

Post by AniX »

In post 2136, Ranger wrote:
In post 2052, AniX wrote:It is also a
guaranteed
gain of not eliminating another town player.
In a 9p Cop + Doc vs Roleblocker setup, no-limming D1's a guarantee of not eliminating the doctor, cop, or any town.

What would your response be to a player suggesting a nolim D1 in that setup?

Same deal here.

Your logic applies to every game on mafiascum. Every game would guarantee no town elimination on D1 if they nolim D1.

There's good reason we take the risk.
I have and will continue to reject the notion that normal metas apply to this game. This is not a normal game and people need to stop acting like it.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:05 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 2072, DkKoba wrote: O ya kkfc is mafia too
why am I maf
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:04 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 2162, DkKoba wrote: can we just kill aureal and move on? like I kinda don't care to read more bad faith shade from them tbh LOL

Like read thru the points, they're all trying to frame things that look "weird" or "undesirable" (like stuff that appears anti-town on the surface) to push DE and it just gives "scum desperate to get an easy looking miskill through"
No. Cook is a better fade.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:08 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 2136, Ranger wrote:
In post 2052, AniX wrote:It is also a
guaranteed
gain of not eliminating another town player.
In a 9p Cop + Doc vs Roleblocker setup, no-limming D1's a guarantee of not eliminating the doctor, cop, or any town.

What would your response be to a player suggesting a nolim D1 in that setup?

Same deal here.

Your logic applies to every game on mafiascum. Every game would guarantee no town elimination on D1 if they nolim D1.

There's good reason we take the risk.
I think a key difference here is this is role madness where as a newbie is not. Even if scum kill one role, there's a lot of other roles that can also provide information, so the loss in information from not fading D1 is less impactful. In a newbie, you might no lim and have the cop immediately killed in which case no limming was clearly a poor move. Here, we have redundancies in place that makes that a less compelling argument against no limming.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:37 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2163, AniX wrote:
In post 2140, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 2119, Political Clout wrote: anix is saying implicitly that the info we get from dragoneat is better than info we get from a flip. anix is also saying dragoneat is scum. these two facts don't mesh well.
AniX is basically admitting that she either doesn't want to or can't form reads based on day play. I don't know which is more concerning, but I don't think she lied when she said she's a good Mafia player.
So that leaves us with "doesn't want to" form reads.
which is anti-town, but in a less scummy way than Aureal's complete disregard of actual scumhunting.
It is less "doesn't want to" and more "I do not believe it is likely to be accurate at this stage of the game nor the best strategy in this specific type of game"
I can actually believe that.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:37 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2166, Ircher wrote:
In post 2162, DkKoba wrote: can we just kill aureal and move on? like I kinda don't care to read more bad faith shade from them tbh LOL

No. Cook is a better fade.
Why?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:04 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2156, Aureal wrote: This is not the inquisitive and thoughtful town DE70 I played with in N2114, this's his scum meta
It REALLY irks me that you used this argument against me because if you actually remember my play from that game then you should definitely remember that I was the only one SRing Bewolkt and I was SRing them for lack of reads.

Also, I agree with Koba. I cannot believe that you called pestering you for reads "scummy things that I (Dragon) did" in good faith.
In post 2156, Aureal wrote: First, he wasn't really waiting on anything to claim. Yet did wait. And wait. And wait
Yeah I openly admitted that I didn't want to claim, and I've also explained why. And it's not like it's made up. I literally asked Ranger in thread if she thinks I should fake claim because I was really not happy with claiming cop and eating a bullet.
In post 2156, Aureal wrote: Accusing you of fakeclaiming in the process for no discernable reason that doesn't seem to have been followed up on in any way
I present to you Ranger's explicit intent to fake claim:

Spoiler:
In post 1002, Ranger wrote: I
do
have inspiration for a role to fakeclaim which I asked the mod a bunch of questions about, I want to massclaim to show off my latest masterpiece, yet I don't want to claim until the players I'm most suspicious of have claimed.
In post 1006, Ranger wrote:
In post 1004, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1002, Ranger wrote:My claim was serious, for the record.
Oh, I know. I'm just saying you're not uninspired.
True enough. If we get my massclaim, you'll see my latest idea.

Also, for real? Did you read that as an accusation? It was part banter part red herring in case I did decide to fake claim (which I decided against in the end due to Ranger's advice here: )

Spoiler:
In post 1490, Ranger wrote: I believe spicing things up is detrimental right now, and truthful claims would be best.

In post 2156, Aureal wrote: Then he moves on to trying to say he didn't want to claim because he didn't want to be roleblocked/killed. When his ability is so damn useless.
First of all, I'm hurt. Second of all, cop is the most broken Normal role there probably is, and a prime target for kills and roleblocks. Third of all, I'm still confident we can lim scum today. Just in Newbies the amount of D1 scum lims is like 30-40% I think (but don't quote me on that), and I'm pretty sure this playerlist is better than Newbies. So yeah I'd rather not lose a 50-60% chance for a cop ability, thank you very much. And if we lim scum today then we are almost guaranteed to get another one tomorrow by way of associative tells, investigation of PoE, etc.
In post 2156, Aureal wrote: Oh, and that he didn't want to vote Koba out because of his role, but... for some reason didn't want to just say this at the time when Koba claimed
Because I didn't want to claim???

And I literally said this. IN RELATION TO VOTING KOBA:
In post 1336, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1320, Bingle wrote: I don’t tend to vote at all in the midst of unresolved massclaim, but so far Koba is probably the best vote, mechanically speaking.
I'm always against mechanically-motivated wagons. Not only are they not very fun, they are often wrong.
In post 2156, Aureal wrote: nonsensically blamed the quote feature for his insistence that I'm
the one who's ignoring him
You told me I'd cut out text as a scummy thing, I said it was cut by accident. I never said it had anything to do with you ignoring me. wtf?

Also:
In post 1928, Aureal wrote: I just looked back at the claim list and realized Ranger is not the place to start under my current plan, unfortunately, because we need her to use her ability on Theta tonight so Theta can be not Desperate and thus use the Amway on town tomorrow. I'll have to ponder that a little more and maybe go out on a limb with someone who's a less confident read like STD or Ircher.
I really don't get this logic at all, but whatever. If it's so incredibly important that THETA specifically will use Amway on town (when she could just use it on scum or on a miller and confirm them as scum or miller. Like have you actually not thought of that???), then you could pick some other towncore member instead of saying "well your suggestion to neighborize Ranger sucks so therefore it doesn't count and you haven't been engaging with me"

Like geez, if it's so important to you, you don't HAVE to freaking BLAME everyone regarding this.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:06 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Sorry for this huge wall, please read it though because it refutes most of Aureal's points and actually the fact that she wants Theta to be not Desperate when she uses Amway is like anti-town as fuck.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:07 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Also, fuck. I have been working on this wall for a freaking hour. I'm going to stop playing mafia for tonight because this is wayyyy too much mafia for one evening.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:23 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

yeah dat way I used to trap by the Amway
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:54 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 2170, DragonEater70 wrote:I present to you Ranger's explicit intent to fake claim:
Spoiler:
In post 1002, Ranger wrote:I
do
have inspiration for a role to fakeclaim which I asked the mod a bunch of questions about, I want to massclaim to show off my latest masterpiece, yet I don't want to claim until the players I'm most suspicious of have claimed.
In post 1006, Ranger wrote:
In post 1004, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1002, Ranger wrote:My claim was serious, for the record.
Oh, I know. I'm just saying you're not uninspired.
True enough. If we get my massclaim, you'll see my latest idea.
Hilariously, these were breadcrumbing my actual role. My "wait until you see my fakeclaim" was actually my cheeky way of hinting at my real role.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”