Mini 2308 | Blood over Utopia | Utopia fell.

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:58 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 1949, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1946, Enchant wrote:
In post 1942, Flavor Leaf wrote: Yeah, I’m happy with Marci today.

I think we should line up Marci to E-2 (like how they are now), get Torture at 6, with someone who plans to hammer Marci on it, Trading Post at 4.

Put Marci to E-1, then have the Marci Hammerer move from Torture to Trading Post to get them equal to 5, and then hammer.
I fail to see reason to do that. Doing things for sake of doing things.

ahhh, i seee what yer sayin, ya wannna see the ol peek a roo, the bing bop polly wop, the shallow of my hallows.

well, ill let ya drink a swig of milk, thats for sure, i get ya

ya a wild one
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:58 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

the apple of my eye
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:58 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 2-XI

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to hammer.

flavor
Spoiler:

Excerpt from the Official Hagiography of the Overseer, page 56

execution votes
marcistar (5):
Flavor Leaf (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Aureal (), camelCasedSnivy (), Hu Tao ()
Deal With The Devil (2):
RCEnigma (), Enchant ()
SirCakez (1):
meowmeow ()
camelCasedSnivy (1):
Merlyn ()
Aureal (1):
SirCakez ()

Not voting (2):
Deal With The Devil, marcistar

projects votes
Torture (6):
SirCakez (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Merlyn (), Flavor Leaf (), Deal With The Devil (), Hu Tao ()
Trading Outpost (3):
, Enchant (), meowmeow (), camelCasedSnivy ()
Guildhall (1):
Aureal ()

Not voting (2):
RCEnigma, marcistar

notes
  • The Deadline is due in (expired on 2023-08-19 11:00:00).
  • RCEnigma is V/LA until Wednesday.
Last edited by biancospino on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:47 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1849, Merlyn wrote:
In post 1838, RCEnigma wrote: I really really hope you guys don’t let FL talk the torture circle into being outside him or myself. Or I would have wasted a whole day not sorting FL.
You say this and I like it but I also notice that you're not helping to ensure it by voting for anything
I’m afraid of poisoning the well if I were included in a council to influence the decision. I’m also worried about being the target and getting hit with the 25% but that’s not something in my control anyway.

The downside is I get hit with the 25% and FL bases the game around that…it would be disastrous for town but if he is town he likely gets NK’ed at some point and if he’s scum then it wouldn’t have mattered in the first place.

I’m holding my vote for the secondary project. Which looks like it’s going to be trading post.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:55 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1954, RCEnigma wrote:
I’m holding my vote for the secondary project.
why
Wizard-Mercenary

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:57 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1880, meowmeow wrote:
In post 1838, RCEnigma wrote: I’d go to bat for Marci or Meow today, especially learning meow is Ausuka I’ll double down even harder.
can i ask why?
I’m a sucker for slots that solidify town without commanding town to view the game the way they do. And day 1 I feel like town just kind of formed around you if that makes sense.

And now that I know you are Ausuka I know we have played a fair amount of games as same or opposite alignments in different configurations. I think I have a fair enough grasp on your scum playstyle (which could have changed in the last year for sure) but I think as scum you would be more comfortable getting yourself townread from a more passive position, over having the game rotate around you.

The caveat being that FL has kind of pushed the game that way over you bringing the gamestate to that position. Which is something to think about but not at the forefront of my sorting right now. More like something to consider after FL’s alignment is confirmed.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:00 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1955, Enchant wrote:
why
If scum are backed into a corner I could see them trying to pull out of torture for another project to buy some time. I don’t think that’s going to happen because it’s so blatant but I’d rather not be blindsided if it does and we still have the option to maintain control (via unused votes).
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:04 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1894, camelCasedSnivy wrote: wait i just had a fucking thought

what if scum didnt want us to use sac because it doesnt give them money?
The way I understood the rule was that scum get some portion of the money we spend and it made sacrifice a way better option in my head than just using it for the kill + cash.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:06 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1896, meowmeow wrote: i think marriage is arguably better since it doesn't take an extra phase to complete if the target is scum, although in practice i don't like the idea of deciding the lim for a day in advance at this stage. it might be more of a late game option

it's hard for me to imagine a power that is free *doesn't* have some sort of drawback on the other side especially since it is like really better than a lot of the other powers which do cost money in a vacuum but i guess i don't know that! i'd be willing to listen to an argument to use sacrifice over trding post today
If it funds scum it will still do so it’s just delayed, 0$ for the day it’s used and then whatever amount they get out of the extra 20k that it gives town the following day. Not that we have to use the full amount but if the options are good enough we likely will.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:21 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1898, meowmeow wrote: i did! i think your comment on rce sort of resonated with me since i feel similarly, which is what prompted me to ask about him here. you just gave aureal a 'n' and i don't know like if you were just sick of playing at that point, but like i think aureal is an interesting slot with a relatively high probability to be scum so i would like to hear your thoughts there. same with cakez really. and i guess devil but i know any push there or even skepticism of their posts will just result in fl talking about how scum are breaking up the supertownbloc :P so if devil is scum they might have to come later

i think if people like scumread your posts you don't need to like stop reading that player, i think for most people reads are fluid and it's common for people to make reads that other ppl maybe don't like? fl and possibly drew seem to think my read on devil sucks and isn't coming from town but it's whatever! i stand by it

i think cakez's posts, like, after you stopped talking about that read are interesting and talked about them in
So a couple thoughts here. I stand with you on the drew read. Not really sure how I feel about cakes.

But I do know for the most part FL’s pushes have been on mostly slots I consider town (myself, Marci, meow, Merlyn is like….on the fringe of town) and the aureal push was extremely brief.

I do believe FL to be town right now. So where does that point to me if FL is town making pushes on majority town. Well probably his town reads or specifically the slots avoiding confrontation with him and letting him lead wrong pushes. (Drew, snivy) maybe not both. But the rest of the slots outside of this box are pretty inactive or uninvolved in the gamestate. Maybe by choice but in good faith I’ll just say they are not active.

And that kind of lines up with why I feel like my name is being thrown around as scummy despite FL slowly coming around on his first read. Scum still need avenues. I become an obstacle if they flip one of my townreads and I become that much harder to miselim, so it has to start now in case they need to flip to me, who isn’t being hard defended by anyone and they still get the option of pushing down my townreads behind FL or just take FL out of the equation and use his reads instead of his voice.

I want to go back and reread the mini push on Aureal because I don’t think they really had anyone outwardly advocating for their towniness but the heat died off anyway and hasn’t come back, I think that’s interesting but idk in what way yet. But I did skim a little past it originally so I don’t know if I have the whole story so no big conclusions.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:30 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1905, Flavor Leaf wrote: Alright, I just wrote 6k+ words since last night. I am drained.

RCE's one of my Mafiascum besties for a while, so I'm always hesitant to fade there early games.

Bad reasoning, especially cuz I didnt like there Day 1, and I do see scum potential in there Day 2 trying to turn to town read me, but like, if it's a scum play, it's doing exactly what they wanted it to do with me getting a little pocketed after scum reading them heavily.

and if they're town, then they're reconsidering their read on me, and starting to see I'm townie. Like I like the reasons theyve stated for why I'm townie, but it could just be ego bumping me.

I'm just decently comfortable solving RCE with more flips, and if I die, it doesn't really matter too much because they wont be protected that heavily imo.
Posts like this are really the ones that make me question FL’s alignment because regardless of either of our alignments we are always playing the guessing game of how to get into the others head.

But it’s also a pivot point and I don’t know what to make of it.

Like, yes I would be figuring out how to approach and evolve my read on you as either alignment. But now I have to worry about, is engaging with you going to lead to you saying I did so just because I’m scum somewhere down the line?

It gets a pass for today because of pending town actions in any case.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:32 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1914, Flavor Leaf wrote: the fact that CSF and Hu Tao are on the wagon makes me feel really good about it. inb4 theyre scum rollin me, but i still feel good right now lol
I won’t be in the council after the flip so thoughts on the wagon composition in the case Marci goes through and flips town?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:36 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1947, Aureal wrote:
In post 1879, meowmeow wrote: i noted that in my post! i just wanted a bit more detail out of the read? like, what posts are you referring to that you think scum meow wouldn't write
I really don't have the energy to try to go back and figure this sort of thing at the moment, sorry. I don't know what 'scum meow' would write, but repeatedly thinking the same way is a pretty typical way to gain a townread on someone and I think I've noted several points where this has been the case.
and i mean idk with the marci stuff don't you think scum fl could have been genuinely frustrated with marci? like i don't think he was like going out of his way to appeal to emotion in that situation but i've seen before that he can get heated as scum and like... i def understand how you could townlean that sequence for fl but i don't get such a high level of confidence?
If you have specific examples I'll be happy to take a look. I said before that if it's not true then people here who are more familiar with him ought to be able to disprove it, so feel free to show me. I'm inclined to believe it because I feel like if I ever manage to get a scum PM again, Righteous Anger Mode is not something I'm going to really be able to use there so I can understand that someone else doesn't do that.

Do you expect that FL would be willing to bus a teammate here to get out of the torture action being used on him?
If someone offered to be bussed then yes. FL wouldn’t make it his primary goal but if someone volunteered to make that play he definitely would.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:38 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1957, RCEnigma wrote:
why
If scum are backed into a corner I could see them trying to pull out of torture for another project to buy some time. I don’t think that’s going to happen because it’s so blatant but I’d rather not be blindsided if it does and we still have the option to maintain control (via unused votes).
You know that you can revote, correct?
Wizard-Mercenary

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:43 am

Post by Enchant »

Imo if i know something about balance, my prediction of mafia income something like this:

Base Income for every day/night/phase+percentage of spent money+Bonuses for tricking town (Condemner ability for example)+Anything really.
Wizard-Mercenary

meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:02 am

Post by meowmeow »

In post 1945, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1943, Deal With The Devil wrote: Why do you want to organize the project votes (Torture and Trading Outpost) that way?

- Alianna
We just already have a lot on Torture, and I like the people on the Torture council as is.

It doesn’t have to be that way, but it just seemed like the easiest way to automatically get it, because in theory, Marci Scum could mess with it last minute and mess it all up.
i'm not really sure what scum marci is able to do here? like regardless the torture and trading post go through, the only difference is who you want on the torture council i guess but i think the outcome should be predetermined

i'm fine with being the target if we lim marci and she flips scum
try as you might, you continue to be yourself.
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:16 am

Post by meowmeow »

In post 1947, Aureal wrote:
In post 1879, meowmeow wrote: i noted that in my post! i just wanted a bit more detail out of the read? like, what posts are you referring to that you think scum meow wouldn't write
I really don't have the energy to try to go back and figure this sort of thing at the moment, sorry. I don't know what 'scum meow' would write, but repeatedly thinking the same way is a pretty typical way to gain a townread on someone and I think I've noted several points where this has been the case.
and i mean idk with the marci stuff don't you think scum fl could have been genuinely frustrated with marci? like i don't think he was like going out of his way to appeal to emotion in that situation but i've seen before that he can get heated as scum and like... i def understand how you could townlean that sequence for fl but i don't get such a high level of confidence?
If you have specific examples I'll be happy to take a look. I said before that if it's not true then people here who are more familiar with him ought to be able to disprove it, so feel free to show me. I'm inclined to believe it because I feel like if I ever manage to get a scum PM again, Righteous Anger Mode is not something I'm going to really be able to use there so I can understand that someone else doesn't do that.

Do you expect that FL would be willing to bus a teammate here to get out of the torture action being used on him?
that's fine, you don't have to do it right now although i'd appreciate it if you did it at some point today? i'm just trying to like see if your reads are real to have. because i think townreading meow and fl is like an intuitive approach for scum to take, but if you explain your thought process and it makes total sense for town aureal to have the same view then it's not as scummy?

main thing that came to mind was this; i mean idk if that counts as ate in the sense i'm pretty sure he was like actually mad or whatever but i think if he's scum he can still get frustrated as marci or something. i'm not really sure how to think about this - it's intuitive to me that scum players feel things and are likely to get angry, eg if they're pushing a townie and they think that townie is being unfairly townread for doing nothing, but i'm not sure how to ask about your perspective in an effective way

i think fl would be willing to do that personally. from my experience with him, he likes playing as a team but is totally cool with bussing if it's convenient to winning - i've seen him do it. but if he's scum and bussing marcistar, that's like, uh cool i guess? i don't really think that's what's going on. i would have thought he maybe had an option open - you or maybe merlyn or rce? - if scum but then decided not to go ahead with it. i think if fl is scum, the thought process is people will want to torture him anyway and it's best to lean into it. and when the torture fails he's able to say he's town anyway and scum are taking advantage of it? this could also just be town fl though, while the push on marcistar is easy i don't think it's something town wouldn't do either
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:17 am

Post by meowmeow »

In post 1956, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 1838, RCEnigma wrote: I’d go to bat for Marci or Meow today, especially learning meow is Ausuka I’ll double down even harder.
can i ask why?
I’m a sucker for slots that solidify town without commanding town to view the game the way they do. And day 1 I feel like town just kind of formed around you if that makes sense.

And now that I know you are Ausuka I know we have played a fair amount of games as same or opposite alignments in different configurations. I think I have a fair enough grasp on your scum playstyle (which could have changed in the last year for sure) but I think as scum you would be more comfortable getting yourself townread from a more passive position, over having the game rotate around you.

The caveat being that FL has kind of pushed the game that way over you bringing the gamestate to that position. Which is something to think about but not at the forefront of my sorting right now. More like something to consider after FL’s alignment is confirmed.
yeah i mean that totally makes sense from a perspective of your experience with me, i'm more so wondering how the things other people have said about my scum game in this thread affects your view?

i agree i wouldn't say my play has tried to make the game revolve around me, i think it's usually better when the games don't resolve around specific slots in any case
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:18 am

Post by meowmeow »

In post 1959, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 1896, meowmeow wrote: i think marriage is arguably better since it doesn't take an extra phase to complete if the target is scum, although in practice i don't like the idea of deciding the lim for a day in advance at this stage. it might be more of a late game option

it's hard for me to imagine a power that is free *doesn't* have some sort of drawback on the other side especially since it is like really better than a lot of the other powers which do cost money in a vacuum but i guess i don't know that! i'd be willing to listen to an argument to use sacrifice over trding post today
If it funds scum it will still do so it’s just delayed, 0$ for the day it’s used and then whatever amount they get out of the extra 20k that it gives town the following day. Not that we have to use the full amount but if the options are good enough we likely will.
i mean if it hits scum they get 0 and it's a guilty

idk the whole thing feels odd to me but i guess it's not impossible that there's no 'secret downside' to it?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:32 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1964, Enchant wrote:
why
Sure, why does that matter tho?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:38 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1968, meowmeow wrote:
In post 1956, RCEnigma wrote:
can i ask why?

yeah i mean that totally makes sense from a perspective of your experience with me, i'm more so wondering how the things other people have said about my scum game in this thread affects your view?

i agree i wouldn't say my play has tried to make the game revolve around me, i think it's usually better when the games don't resolve around specific slots in any case
I’m not going to go off other players impression of your scum game when I have my own and I know my alignment but not theirs. So Idk what exactly you are looking for out of that question.

Now that I know your identity. If I didn’t then I would maybe lean a little harder into someone else’s meta read but even then I’m not keen on using it for whatever game I’m in specifically to base a read around, more like supplement a read.

But that’s just in general.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:40 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1969, meowmeow wrote:
In post 1959, RCEnigma wrote:

i mean if it hits scum they get 0 and it's a guilty

idk the whole thing feels odd to me but i guess it's not impossible that there's no 'secret downside' to it?
Ah right, I wasn’t thinking about if it hits how it affects income. Also we don’t really know what scum has that might balance it some way.

I had thought about the possibility of a hider before but that kind of builds a stronger case for it to be in play now that I think about it.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:05 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1970, RCEnigma wrote:
why
Nothing you say makes sense for me
Wizard-Mercenary

Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:12 am

Post by Merlyn »

I went back and looked through Marcis most recent games. This gameplay definitely reminds me of her play in anime music, including where she kind of just stopped playing (although that was towards the end), and she was town in that. The only scum game I read was one where she was a Hydra with gamma emerald- she was a lot more engaged in it though maybe that's bc she was hydra-ing.

I can see where I could be wrong, it's meta with a player I've never played before. But I haven't really seen a good case to lim her either. Is it a bummer that she's not really playing that much? Yeah. But I just don't see that as ai. Id rather go snivy or aureal.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:13 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1973, Enchant wrote:
In post 1970, RCEnigma wrote:
why
Nothing you say makes sense for me
I don't really get it either, but I'm not really clear on how the method they're using would benefit scum. I don't really get how it benefits either side I guess

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”