Mini 2308 | Blood over Utopia | Utopia fell.

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:59 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 2-IX

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to hammer.

execution votes
marcistar (4):
Flavor Leaf (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Aureal (), camelCasedSnivy ()
Deal With The Devil (2):
RCEnigma (), Enchant ()
SirCakez (1):
meowmeow ()
camelCasedSnivy (1):
Merlyn ()

Not voting (4):
Deal With The Devil, SirCakez, Hu Tao, marcistar

projects votes
Torture (6):
SirCakez (), Cat Scratch Fever (), Merlyn (), Flavor Leaf (), Deal With The Devil (), Hu Tao ()
Trading Outpost (3):
, Enchant (), meowmeow (), camelCasedSnivy ()
Guildhall (1):
Aureal ()

Not voting (2):
RCEnigma, marcistar

notes
  • The Deadline is due in (expired on 2023-08-19 11:00:00).
  • RCEnigma is V/LA until Wednesday.
Last edited by biancospino on Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:01 pm

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

In post 1873, meowmeow wrote:
In post 1760, Flavor Leaf wrote: Meow has now moved onto SirCakez, which I find odd.
i was expecting people to like actually react to that in a way they just didn't lmao
wait where
master at being scum(my)
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:01 pm

Post by Deal With The Devil »

In post 1875, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 1873, meowmeow wrote:
In post 1760, Flavor Leaf wrote: Meow has now moved onto SirCakez, which I find odd.
i was expecting people to like actually react to that in a way they just didn't lmao

i think it's a better vote than merlyn right now! as far as i can tell your logic there is just "she's pushing me because i caught the scumteam" which seems to be, like, a major leap. i'm not sure why you think she can't just be... suspicious of you, especially since the likely end result of that push in a s!merlyn t!fl world would be... you being confirmed as town and not dying, which seems like pretty counterproductive if she's afraid of your immense flavour power
To be fair, we are maxing out the budget today, which may mean scum are getting enough money from our purchases to kill someone (and scum may know how much they get), and she could be scum that wants to direct Torture onto someone who is also a viable kill target.
I recognize that is a bit tinfoily and makes some assumptions though.

- Alianna
(and could also apply to anyone else that wants to torture Leaf in the case that he's town)

- Alianna
Hydra of Doctor Drew and Alianna.
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:14 pm

Post by meowmeow »

In post 1811, Aureal wrote:
In post 1704, meowmeow wrote: speaking of aureal

@aureal; how did you get to townreads on me and fl? right now, we have 12 alive, so for town players 4/11 of people are scum, and that's not far from half of everyone. and seemed to indicate you thought i could be scum, but just didn't think that world was likely enough to push me in that moment. you say you agreed with us on stuff; what would you say those things were, that made you think scum wouldn't say that? (i'm not sure how useful it is sorting wise, but i think fl is *less likely* to do ate - i said as much at the time, i think he likes to have fun with it if he can - but think it could easily be maf!fl feeling frustrated at marci in a genuine way)
Pretty sure I've made note of my reasoning before, but I've agreed with a lot of things the both of you have said. Like that time where I was doing a catch-up without reading ahead first and posted something and then I get to like the next post and there you were, saying the same thing I'd just said (except actually before I said it). And I've mentioned that I believe in Leaf's meta argument that he wouldn't act like he did with marci as scum. That whole sequence with him arguing with her and then Roden felt very organically like him trying to solve and getting carried away.
i noted that in my post! i just wanted a bit more detail out of the read? like, what posts are you referring to that you think scum meow wouldn't write

and i mean idk with the marci stuff don't you think scum fl could have been genuinely frustrated with marci? like i don't think he was like going out of his way to appeal to emotion in that situation but i've seen before that he can get heated as scum and like... i def understand how you could townlean that sequence for fl but i don't get such a high level of confidence?
try as you might, you continue to be yourself.
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:19 pm

Post by meowmeow »

In post 1838, RCEnigma wrote: I’d go to bat for Marci or Meow today, especially learning meow is Ausuka I’ll double down even harder.
can i ask why?
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:23 pm

Post by meowmeow »

In post 1820, Aureal wrote:
In post 1783, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 1773, Merlyn wrote:
In post 1768, Flavor Leaf wrote: I should say bus.

But yeah, you're grasping at straws with this wiggle thing, Merlyn.

Feels like it's all you got.
lol okay. Well, I'm fine with going first today if town does decide to follow your lead here. But I want you to go next then.
not sure if this is scum trying to be ballsy enough to appear town
Feels rather like it to me. Town
can
get defiant and want to 1v1, but the certainty of trying to bring someone else down with you is unwise and leans scum.
i understand why you'd call it unwise, and maybe write it off as not being towny, but not really the scummy part?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:24 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1871, Deal With The Devil wrote: We've discussed, combined hydra readslist looks like this.

{Flavor Leaf}
{meowmeow, Hu Tao}
{Aureal, Enchant, camelCasedSnivy}
{SirCakez, Cat Scratch Fever, marcistar}
{Merlyn, RCEnigma}
{meowmeow}

meow, you're Schrödinger's read because we can't agree on you and also because you're a cat.

- Alianna
Why is your read on me so high?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:25 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1861, marcistar wrote: wagons dont really inspire me to want to do more tbh
Okay

VOTE: Marci
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:31 pm

Post by meowmeow »

i'd like to hear thoughts about rce more since he seems to mostly be a consensus scumread and i'm a lot more like, ambivalent but would lean town if you pushed me
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:32 pm

im willing to pivot to RCE if enough people are up for it
master at being scum(my)
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:32 pm

Post by meowmeow »

the marci wagon is meh

i don't particularly think she will flip scum here but i get it and i'm not going to flip out about it

marci if you're like willing to listen to me, i'd like to hear more about your thoughts on cakez and aureal?
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:35 pm

ugh i also have a thought that scum could be stocking up money to make several kills at once

though theres no way they could make 3 kills after sending what will be 100K
master at being scum(my)
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:37 pm

Post by meowmeow »

and uh i guess it's not wrong that scum could maybe torture and kill fl? who knows how the kill mechanic works, if it even exists (it probably does)

tbh to me it doesn't feel like such a terrible outcome, and if that happens people will probably listen to fl's reads? but i guess it's a possible motive for scum merlyn shrug

pedit: i mean, if that happens... like they have 4 members and our powers are honestly really bad

like even torture has a pretty large risk of spectacular failure and that's the highlight of something we took a development project for

personally i'd happily take a power that was a little weaker but didn't have a 25% chance of failure but i don't think we have an option like that
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:37 pm

Post by meowmeow »

In post 1885, camelCasedSnivy wrote: im willing to pivot to RCE if enough people are up for it
ok but whyyyy
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:37 pm

Post by meowmeow »

is what i'm trying to ask
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:38 pm

Post by meowmeow »

In post 1829, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1756, Merlyn wrote:
In post 1746, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1736, Merlyn wrote: My readlist:

Meow, CSF, devil
Marci, RCE
Hu Tao, Aureal
Snivy, FL
Can you explain your read on me? Or is it from who I replaced
I was a little higher on Roden, you just haven't done anything much since replacing in
I've never really played a game like this before that's themed. I've only really played regular mafia games. This is a bit overwhelming tbh.
i think it's fine if you mostly ignore the mech stuff and focus on reads, fwiw
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:50 pm

Post by meowmeow »

and fwiw my thoughts on cakez are

- i was fine with most of his d1 posting, i didn't like strongly townread him but generally didn't like the wagon much
- i think without the prolonged pressure on him his posting has been a lot worse
- not really sure what he sees re: an agenda in infinity posting about the sacrifice ability? could see him as scum on that wagon i guess

- i think the profanity in response to the 4 scum reveal especially felt a little fake to me especially since he kinda clearly isn't invested in this game? just feels a bit over the top considering it seems like he shouldn't care that much.
- i don't like the comparative total lack of momentum after he stops getting pushed
- i think of cakez as not that much of a mechanically orientated player so i'm not a big fan of him delving into the mech d2 at the expense of other content

- i thought of the mech posts, was the most interesting but there are obvious issues in the implementation (eg deciding lims in advance) and his lack of like, really tackling that makes me think it's not that towny
- i think town can often do the 'oh i have no scumreads game hard' thing and i was townleaning it from cakez earlier but enough people are doing it this game that i don't really feel like buying into it right now
- in general, it can be difficult to differentiate between demotivated town and demotivated scum but i think cakez is worth looking at and considering how much he was a focus d1 i was surprised that most people haven't seemed interested d2 even after my vote which i thought might provoke discussion
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:51 pm

sac better than marriage though
master at being scum(my)
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:51 pm

wait i just had a fucking thought

what if scum didnt want us to use sac because it doesnt give them money?
master at being scum(my)
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:53 pm

dont want to lean in too much into that idea but the "non-standard factional abilities" along with the absence of a factional kill really makes me think our budget has something to do with that
master at being scum(my)
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:54 pm

Post by meowmeow »

i think marriage is arguably better since it doesn't take an extra phase to complete if the target is scum, although in practice i don't like the idea of deciding the lim for a day in advance at this stage. it might be more of a late game option

it's hard for me to imagine a power that is free *doesn't* have some sort of drawback on the other side especially since it is like really better than a lot of the other powers which do cost money in a vacuum but i guess i don't know that! i'd be willing to listen to an argument to use sacrifice over trding post today
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:56 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 1886, meowmeow wrote: marci if you're like willing to listen to me, i'd like to hear more about your thoughts on cakez and aureal?
the cakez read is sodraining to explain but i just feel it in my bones so i decided to stop with explaining it all together since nobodylikes that read.

did you read my spoiler thingy btw because im too drained after writing that too LOL
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:04 pm

Post by meowmeow »

i did! i think your comment on rce sort of resonated with me since i feel similarly, which is what prompted me to ask about him here. you just gave aureal a 'n' and i don't know like if you were just sick of playing at that point, but like i think aureal is an interesting slot with a relatively high probability to be scum so i would like to hear your thoughts there. same with cakez really. and i guess devil but i know any push there or even skepticism of their posts will just result in fl talking about how scum are breaking up the supertownbloc :P so if devil is scum they might have to come later

i think if people like scumread your posts you don't need to like stop reading that player, i think for most people reads are fluid and it's common for people to make reads that other ppl maybe don't like? fl and possibly drew seem to think my read on devil sucks and isn't coming from town but it's whatever! i stand by it

i think cakez's posts, like, after you stopped talking about that read are interesting and talked about them in
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:59 pm

Post by biancospino »

//