Goon
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: katya it she

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:00 am

Post by yekaterina »

like it obviously isn't reading comprehension and it's hard to see how you're viewing it as such but yeah
Show
how to describe such velocity? how to describe this passage in the night?

after sex after coffee after everything there is to be said -- somehow i'm still alive

i know love don't last forever but i'd hoped we'd grow old even though we're not together
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:01 am

Post by petapan »

Vote Count 1.04
We will rest upon the ground
And look at all the bugs we found

Datisi (4):
Save The Dragons, The Bulge, Doctor Drew, superbowl9
Aristeia (2):
Malakittens, sheepsaysmeep
Shadi1337 (2):
meowmeow, Datisi
superbowl9 (1):
Aristeia
meowmeow (1):
Shadi1337
Doctor Drew (1):
Dunnstral

Not Voting (2):
Bell, yekaterina

With 13 alive, it's 7 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 1 is August 22 at 6:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2023-08-22 18:00:00)
Last edited by petapan on Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
free crypto
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:17 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 305, Datisi wrote: do any of the datisi
haters
voters want anything from me? lmk okay?

if you could describe your current thoughts on katya's slot, they would be...

what do you think of ari?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:22 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 327, Save The Dragons wrote: if you could describe your current thoughts on katya's slot, they would be...

idk, i still think a lot of the things it's saying don't make a lot of sense (and thus it's a scumlean) but the current discussion happening is lowkey stupid and i'm not sure it's actually indicative of alignemnt

nothing
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
yekaterina
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:37 am

Post by yekaterina »

In post 328, Datisi wrote: idk, i still think a lot of the things it's saying don't make a lot of sense (and thus it's a scumlean) but the current discussion happening is lowkey stupid and i'm not sure it's actually indicative of alignemnt

i don't really think not making alot of sense to others is scum indicative of me, but i guess maybe i am unsure whether or not i generally make sense to you across the board,

but yes i acknowledged that it might be stupid, i might be stupid, et cetera

still town nonetheless
Show

after sex after coffee after everything there is to be said -- somehow i'm still alive

i know love don't last forever but i'd hoped we'd grow old even though we're not together
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:41 am

Post by Datisi »

it's not to others, it's to me

like i feel like i can follow town-you's process of thinking very clearly, even if it's something i'd never think myself, while scum-you is more ???

but like this is a very bad gamestate to be trying to employ that read strategy
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Shadi1337
Shadi1337
Goon
Shadi1337
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:12 am

Post by Shadi1337 »

i mean,

a) you are opposed

but b) more importantly, why do you think there would be opposition to the wagon if datisi is a scums? like datisi is a very good scum player and this is early enough where it would not be threatened by the wagon and! distancing between partners is prevalent in these sort of situations like why do you think a partner would be opposed and not actually one of the players wagoning datisi if datisi is a scums?
[/quote]
coz it's easier to defend someone this early in the game and not seem like ure defending a scum partner
i also don't think bussing this early always pays off because if one scum in those 2 gets caught and the interactions seem unnatural then yeah, it's not hard to go onto the next one

and idk if dats is good or not so their skill level used as a form of logic couldnt apply to me
In post 252, yekaterina wrote:
(also i get that it is super unfair of me to be all HM about this as if you are town you are simply correct it's just like

uncommon for players unfamiliar with me to be so sure of this so early and

i think anyone familiar with me would have maybe advised townreading me if partnered yeah)
it's a weak TR not a townlock or anything like that - altho i get what you're saying we're all different people lol
In post 290, Datisi wrote: inconsistency is not a scumtell etc etc
it helps in that direction, if your inquires are forgotten because as town i think you're naturally more curious and it's harder to quell that curiosity when it's not genuine
not saying one mishap of this is proof or anything but it's an indicator like anything else is when you place a read/lean on a post.

In post 301, meowmeow wrote:
can you elaborate on your thoughts when reading these posts?

VOTE: Shadi
i thought the post was about meow's hyperposting, i read it too fast
In post 312, yekaterina wrote: ah so you've now associated me with shadi1337, datisi has associated me with both doctor drew and superbowl9, and both of you seem to be reading things through scum!yekaterina lens for ??? reasons

there's an obvious question i want to ask here but... i probably shouldn't yeah
That's because they're saying "in the case you are scum, then this is how we view the game" doesn't mean they're trying to make everyone think you're scum tbh
In post 313, yekaterina wrote: like it's not as though i don't also have concerns re:shadi1337 and am not so patiently waiting for shadi1337 to return and such
when the rounds are this long and i'm consistently posting idk why you think waiting is a bad idea?
In post 322, yekaterina wrote: like shadi1337 is likely to come to the thread in an hour or so based on previous days
you yourself even spotted this xD so u shud know there's no reason to be impatient
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:21 am

Post by The Bulge »

@shadi
In post 268, The Bulge wrote:
In post 226, Shadi1337 wrote:
In post 162, The Bulge wrote: VOTE: shadi
VOTE: datisi
what a sneaky sneaky bulge (words i didn't think i'd be saying b4)

what made you move onto datisi here?
i was already on datisi, this was for the record
not sure the wagon forming on datisi is so gd right now, I isoed those 2 and just nothing about dati before?

this has got to be the first time im seeing actual reasons for dati votes lol

i'm not very fond of how this wagon is forming tho, feels too easy no opposition

atm with how the wagon is forming on dati idt they're currently on my scum radar
explain your datisi read independent of the wagon?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:10 am

Post by Malakittens »

Pictures of the cat win me over
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:48 am

Post by meowmeow »

In post 328, Datisi wrote:
In post 327, Save The Dragons wrote: if you could describe your current thoughts on katya's slot, they would be...

idk, i still think a lot of the things it's saying don't make a lot of sense (and thus it's a scumlean) but the current discussion happening is lowkey stupid and i'm not sure it's actually indicative of alignemnt

nothing
datisi you're not supposed to pocket me by calling me stupid that's not how this works
try as you might, you continue to be yourself.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:49 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 328, Datisi wrote:nothing
:(
You are always gonna be my love
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:49 am

Post by Datisi »

well, is it working?
~M
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:52 am

Post by meowmeow »

In post 322, yekaterina wrote:
In post 319, yekaterina wrote: ??? why is wagoning someone who isn't currently here who is posting in a scheduled manner effective in this situation

like shadi1337 is likely to come to the thread in an hour or so based on previous days

and i guess i don't see the difference between voting and not voting re:your post in terms of what can be gained from that

idk maybe i'm being dumb here but are you then just also looking for commentary on the vote? or do you think they're more likely to respond if you vote?
voting is cheap and costs me nothing? i'm not sure why the idea here is that i should need to vote someone in order to vote them

wagons can potentially be good for gamestate and votes are often used as an indicator of who you're scumreading the most. i think shadi is likely scum so i'm voting him. i'm not going to select who i think is scum as town; if i press something it's because i find it interesting and i don't think most posts are interesting

i can't really make a case or whatever at this stage of the game. it's not like i don't do that kind of thing, it's just far too early

in general i'm still pretty confused what the difference is with votes against shadi vs like any other kind of vote. i get that you don't like votes or whatever and i'm sure you're not faking that but i don't understand the alignment conclusions you're coming to at all
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:52 am

Post by meowmeow »

In post 336, Datisi wrote: well, is it working?
cats are prideful and spiteful animals
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:10 am

Post by Bell »

In post 296, Datisi wrote: the way bulge is going about it seems townie. like, he seems so fucking deadset in seeing this through, i don't feel like he's pushing me just to push me. and i think scum is somewhat less likely to notice the inconsistency in my emotional reaction from the first post to the second
*Squints*
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:15 am

Post by Bell »

I don’t think datisi would agree that Datisi is a good scum player.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:16 am

Post by Datisi »

*blinks*
~M
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:24 am

Post by Bell »

What was the point of announcing that you thought Bulge was town at that point in time?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:26 am

Post by Datisi »

i thought he was town and i like saying reads that i have
~M
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:31 am

Post by Bell »

Do you still use note pts?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:33 am

Post by Datisi »

not really
~M
yekaterina
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:57 pm

Post by yekaterina »

In post 331, Shadi1337 wrote: when the rounds are this long and i'm consistently posting idk why you think waiting is a bad idea?
In post 331, Shadi1337 wrote: you yourself even spotted this xD so u shud know there's no reason to be impatient

i was mostly scolding myself for my impatience there like i should not have made honeypot post until nowabouts and such

it's not that there was reason for me to be impatient rather that i am generally an impatient person in this regard and let my excitement in the moment dictate things too often

however if you're going to play in a 'correspondence mafia' style that is fine and all but it'd be helpful for those trying to sort you if it also contained your general view of ongoing happenings and such

like honestly if you're only going to be around once a day i'd rather you just opened the thread read everything and rambled about your thoughts like whatever occurred to you in that time than simply replying to some of the things posted in your direction just seems like,

like you're having a conversation across a very long period of time instead of writing a letter, yeah

and scums often rely on that sort of thing because can easily occupy your time / pass the days / hard to read and such

but like, i don't know i obviously shouldn't give commentary on anyone else's playstyle because mine is questionable at best, so

(and hey maybe i am now coaching a partner in the thread as well)

also could you answer these please:
In post 243, yekaterina wrote:
In post 226, Shadi1337 wrote:
In post 162, The Bulge wrote: VOTE: shadi
VOTE: datisi
what a sneaky sneaky bulge (words i didn't think i'd be saying b4)

if you assume the bulge is town, what do you think he might have been seeing there?

like what associatives might he have been picking up on between you and datisi?

and why might he have thought those might be scum indicative?

alsoalso this is the sort of the thing i was asking you for above if unclear

like anything that allows us to see how you're going about sorting the other slots and such i guess
Show

yekaterina
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:07 pm

Post by yekaterina »

In post 337, meowmeow wrote:in general i'm still pretty confused what the difference is with votes against shadi vs like any other kind of vote. i get that you don't like votes or whatever and i'm sure you're not faking that but i don't understand the alignment conclusions you're coming to at all

that's mostly what i was trying to figure out,

like it's not that i don't like votes and i certainly don't think anyone else should take my approach to voting in general in fact i am somewhat likely to modify it to some extent both because i am tired of having to talk about it and because i am less obsessed with votes and voting patterns than i used to be like it was very useful for me to remove my own vote and my influence on other votes from how i was viewing the game when i was very obsessed with votes and keeping my own running votecount and such as those things were just creating noise for me

but a) the way i'm playing right now doesn't really allow for removing my influence even if i don't vote and b) i'm not keeping a votecount as it is something i would often become too consumed by

it's that i didn't see the benefit of these votes in particular and thought they might be noteworthy but maybe just like, i wanted them to be noteworthy because of my own thought process so maybe altogether ??? on my part

would very much like to know which alignment conclusions you think i've come to which you don't understand, however
Show

yekaterina
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
yekaterina
katya it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:11 pm

Post by yekaterina »

In post 340, Bell wrote: I don’t think datisi would agree that Datisi is a good scum player.

ehhh

maybe in the sense that noone is a good scum player (other than hoopla) as there are always infinite things to improve upon and viewing your own play makes those things very clear and i'm sure datisi could point out faults in all of its games and such

but in a comparative sense i think, even if being hard on himself, datisi would say that datisi is a good scum player in comparison to the general population of mafiascum dot net
Show

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:15 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I heard he won an award for being the best scum player