Micro 1090: Fruit Mafia - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
atsi
atsi
Goon
atsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:06 pm

Post by atsi »

I also don't like Elements (now DragonEater70) for voting someone to E-1 very early in the game. It seemed really reckless to me. But maybe that's just how they play, it's consistent with the selfvote.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:43 pm

Post by Datisi »

inb4 i'm about to get more shit for shading 2 slots at the same time or whatever but like

god the conversation with skitter about dragon feels so fucking bizarre to me. "weakly defending a scumread slot" is one of the basics of scumplay. dragon is doing nothing else towny otherwise. i really struggle to see skitter discard a whole read there just because "well if he was scum he would've pushed me on entrance". if there was some meta evidence to show that dragon is a hyperlazy scum player then maybe, but it doesn't seem like there is and i just don't see it

and, IRONICALLY, skitter's defense of dragon gives me "weakly defending a scumread slot" vibes
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:44 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 324, atsi wrote: Also I think Ausuka is likely scum, for 2 reasons:
  • Both her anger, and the later apology in #50, feels kinda off to me. I'm not sure how to best explain it, but it's different from how I think a person that genuinely feels angry/apologetic would express those feelings.
  • Having rolled miller twice in a row before would would likely put miller on top of scum!Ausuka's mind when considering a strategy.
why did you wait until now to say this?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:45 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 320, Aristeia wrote: VOTE: infinity
can i get some of them Thoughts on why you voted there
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:46 pm

Post by Datisi »

VOTE: dragoneater

it's never as easy as dragon/skitter right? right...

i feel like this game needs some momentum somewhere else we're just gonna be stuck in mud forever, and i definitely do not dislike this vote so

Y-2 or whatever
~M
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:39 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 274, Datisi wrote: because her implication that shea shouldve been thinking about "how likely is it that scumsuka makes the miller claim" when he said "ausukas reaction is a bit over the top" is Bad?
When you out it that way, I can sort of see what you are getting at. But that wasn't really how I interpreted what Skitter said. Unless I'm missing something, Skitter attacked Night Shade for making a half-committed/flip-floppy (not the exact word but you get my point) read on Ausuka's reaction? Which is not what you are saying here.

Also, you say that Scum!Skitter is very good and could easily fool me by making good, sensible pushes. Could you please direct me to a scum game of hers so I could actually read it?
In post 326, Datisi wrote: inb4 i'm about to get more shit for shading 2 slots at the same time or whatever but like

god the conversation with skitter about dragon feels so fucking bizarre to me. "weakly defending a scumread slot" is one of the basics of scumplay. dragon is doing nothing else towny otherwise. i really struggle to see skitter discard a whole read there just because "well if he was scum he would've pushed me on entrance". if there was some meta evidence to show that dragon is a hyperlazy scum player then maybe, but it doesn't seem like there is and i just don't see it

and, IRONICALLY, skitter's defense of dragon gives me "weakly defending a scumread slot" vibes
The thing is I have not been "weakly defending" Skitter. I said she was pretty obvious town and have been voting the slot that voted her since I repped in. So your shading of me is really unwarranted here.
In post 277, skitter30 wrote: Town marci
I tend to agree.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:50 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 330, DragonEater70 wrote: Skitter attacked Night Shade for making a half-committed/flip-floppy (not the exact word but you get my point) read on Ausuka's reaction?
yeah sure, she did. that part's not great, but it's whatever. *then* she carried on with "well if you think that, then you also must think that ausuka would fakeclaim miller, and--" and i don't like that.

you can find her scumgames by going to her profile and looking at which threads she's posted in.

your defense of her is incredibly weak because "her takes are something i could have" and "they make sense" is incredibly weak reasoning that is not going to convince anyone she's town.

why do you think it's relevant to this conversation that you're voting the person who's voting skitter?
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:02 am

Post by skitter30 »

@dragon fwiw i'm generally considered to have a good scumgame, dats/night shade are generally making accurate statements here
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:07 am

Post by skitter30 »

• Both her anger, and the later apology in #50, feels kinda off to me. I'm not sure how to best explain it, but it's different from how I think a person that genuinely feels angry/apologetic would express those feelings.
  • Having rolled miller twice in a row before would would likely put miller on top of scum!Ausuka's mind when considering a strategy.

Was the vote in a real vote, or rvs?
Trying to understand the timeline of how this scumread developed
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:08 am

Post by skitter30 »

Dats u feel really performative and like over the top
Show
Hiatus once more.

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:13 am

Post by Datisi »

i don't think we have the same meaning of performative in mind because i think i'm being the opposite of performative. like i haven't actually efforted or pretend-efforted this whole game so idk

over the top maybe. i am exaggerating some things because (1) annoyed (2) game is kinda not going anywhere and maybe that helps it move along.
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

I think I meant performative in the sense that you're using exaggerating

It makes me want to sr like all of your posts b/c they feel fake
Show
Hiatus once more.

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:30 am

Post by Ausuka »

I'm not really seeing the difference between this and how datisi usually sounds?

I also think it is generally more likely that scum dragon would defend skitter vs sheep the push, which seems like the sort of thing which scum players would intuitively avoid - something that could seem opportunistic and against a strong player - I'm not really sure why you think scum dragon doing this would be unlikely or why Datisi is scum for not agreeing with your take on that.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:30 am

Post by Datisi »

i mean ok

i feel like it should be relatively easy to see why this is a gamestate in which i might be over the top as town as well, but y'know

if you actually want something from me lmk
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:49 am

Post by skitter30 »

Not really more making an observation/asking abt it
Show
Hiatus once more.

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:20 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 322, Aristeia wrote: why is infinity town?
just vibes
i dont think they need to use the "not into the game" excuse to defend me so it seems genuine >.>
In post 325, atsi wrote: I also don't like Elements (now DragonEater70) for voting someone to E-1 very early in the game. It seemed really reckless to me. But maybe that's just how they play, it's consistent with the selfvote.
im not holding anything elements said against dragon eater since elements seems like the type of player i am!!! very vote baitey. :D
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:10 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 340, marcistar wrote: i dont think they need to use the "not into the game" excuse to defend me so it seems genuine >.>
I think nightshade's exasperation with you being disconnected from game state/voting is more likely to come from town who is frustrated w you and infinity's "defense" is more likely to come from mafia who is trying to get on your good side and save you for later as a pocket.

Do you have any other reason to townread infinity other than how they treated your slot?
You are always gonna be my love
atsi
atsi
Goon
atsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:12 am

Post by atsi »

In post 333, skitter30 wrote:
Was the vote in a real vote, or rvs?
Trying to understand the timeline of how this scumread developed
I didn't have a good read at that point. Nothing that anyone else had said had stood out to me at that point, so a vote on her made sense to me. I had to reread the thread and think about it some more to arrive at my scumread.
atsi
atsi
Goon
atsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:14 am

Post by atsi »

In post 327, Datisi wrote: why did you wait until now to say this?
My reads are never late, nor early. They arrive precisely when they are meant to.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:22 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 328, Datisi wrote:
In post 320, Aristeia wrote: VOTE: infinity
can i get some of them Thoughts on why you voted there

I feel like infinity is more interested in becoming townread than they are on killing mafia.

some of the takes I liked initially feel somewhat performative on a re-read.

In particular this reflective stepback on your slot:

In post 88, Infinity 324 wrote: VOTE: datisi i can dig this

It feels towny and in character for skitt to be like "i think this is towny and you should too" or something adjacent to that
In post 111, Infinity 324 wrote: also why as scum do we try to divert attention from a 1v1 that is probably just gonna draw more attention to itself
In post 113, Infinity 324 wrote: why does everyone scumread dats it's making me doubt the read >_>

-ivy

Infinity placed the 3rd vote and then did this stepback after jousting with you a bit which is ?? to me

nobody else voted for you after infinity did - so what is causing their concern? it's not as if they voted you and then a bunch of people popped onto the wagon.

the only people that I can see in thread who expressed "suspicion" of you between infinity's vote and their stepback/pivot are skitter and myself. so if the concern is that there's mafia who is piling on after infinity voted already then why is infinity not trying to sort either myself or skitter?
In post 151, Infinity 324 wrote: UNVOTE: yeah that's kinda how we were expecting town!dats to respond. but also dats did you make anything of having a lot more weirdness associated with skitt than shea? like I know you're voting skitt but it felt a bit weird that you didn't even mention it

we still pretty strongly believe that making a level 0 read and expecting other people to think the same way is in character for skitt

also @shea marci only has 5 posts
this feels like they decided to step off your wagon already and just kind of made up an excuse to do it? I don't really find anything in your response to them very towny or difficult for scum datisi to replicate.

"infinity - i'm expecting you to have different thoughts as town lmao idk. it feels odd to me to not want to likw, idk think something about the argument and instead jump to someone else. diverting attention was probably the wrong word to use but like, if you're scum you yourself don't need to focus on the 1v1 whereas townyou would be more likely to have more extensive thoughts there"

like >??? you're basically telling infinity hi if you're town then you wouldn't do this you should do something else? like how is scum Datisi's response any different?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:27 am

Post by Aristeia »

tldr: I think the way infinity voted and then unvoted you in 88 -> 113 is performative and I'm kind of confused why you think it's townie the way they did it.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:31 am

Post by Datisi »

idk either

now that you said it i am interested in hearing what they found townie about my response
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:32 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 329, Datisi wrote: VOTE: dragoneater

it's never as easy as dragon/skitter right? right...

i feel like this game needs some momentum somewhere else we're just gonna be stuck in mud forever, and i definitely do not dislike this vote so

Y-2 or whatever
I'm somewhat concerned about watching you follow the hydra slot around because it feels like the easiest way for mafia!you to get a mislim early and probably how I would approach this micro in a town!shea/black world - just get on their good side and use them to run over townies.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:33 am

Post by Aristeia »

like I kind of think you're a much better mafia hunter than shea is[no offense shea] and like it's disconcerting to see you just be sheeping him around instead of doing your own thing >.>
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:34 am

Post by Aristeia »

though I guess this latest vote was black not shea but it still feels weird to me

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”