Micro 1090: Fruit Mafia - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:34 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 344, Aristeia wrote: the only people that I can see in thread who expressed "suspicion" of you between infinity's vote and their stepback/pivot are skitter and myself. so if the concern is that there's mafia who is piling on after infinity voted already then why is infinity not trying to sort either myself or skitter?
ausuka too

that wasn't the concern, the concern was that ivy thought it was unlikely that don corleone would come in and immediately get like everyone thinking he feels off

wrt the datisi response, i think scum!him would be much more interesting in defending himself and making his thought process "make sense", especially with so many people suspecting him. instead he was just like "idk that's just the way i felt" which felt towny
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:36 am

Post by Aristeia »

no ausuka was stepping back between your vote and the pivot:
In post 97, Ausuka wrote: I would like shea to explain his feelings about my emotional reaction to things.

I also think datisi feels off but maybe this is a sign we are not graced with the 9000iq presence of scum datisi
You are always gonna be my love
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:38 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

sure

the feeling was there even when we initially voted datisi
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:39 am

Post by Datisi »

unfortunately to have reads i need to actually have things happen

wagons are known to make things happen sometimes

(also like i said i was sussing dragons before them >_>)
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:40 am

Post by Aristeia »

I'm skimming ausuka's iso and I don't even see where she is expressing suspicion of datisi? I thought it was just an RVS vote and then she unvoted and you're kind of just copy pasting ausuka's read on Datisi being straightfoward from
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:45 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

honestly i thought you meant ausuka was scumreading datisi before and we skimmed ausuka's iso and believed you. "i also think datisi feels off" contributed to the feeling iirc.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:46 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 329, Datisi wrote: VOTE: dragoneater

it's never as easy as dragon/skitter right? right...

i feel like this game needs some momentum somewhere else we're just gonna be stuck in mud forever, and i definitely do not dislike this vote so

Y-2 or whatever
I guess I'm reading "stealing cookies from the cookie jar" vibes into your vote here and you're being naughty ;)
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:50 am

Post by Datisi »

:flushed:
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:52 am

Post by Aristeia »

infinity it feels like you want to vote for dragoneater but you're concerned about how it will look and you want to slowly walk the vote there but you kind of hope other people will off the slot for you.

because you expressed net scumread on the slot - it became viable and your vote is currently uncast and its a y-2 wagon. You think your position in the game is relatively town-read and it would look bad if you voted so soon after Datisi so you're waiting to see what happens.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:56 am

Post by Aristeia »

Spoiler: for dats
maybe I'm being unfair to you because I think about you all the time - sorry if you're town and you find me annoying
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:57 am

Post by Aristeia »

I guess I just miss the days when you would say to me "hi ari this dragon is evil I'm sure of it let's go kill it"
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:49 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 358, Aristeia wrote: because you expressed net scumread on the slot - it became viable and your vote is currently uncast and its a y-2 wagon. You think your position in the game is relatively town-read and it would look bad if you voted so soon after Datisi so you're waiting to see what happens.
why would i not just have a null slight scumlean on the slot though

still wondering about , am i getting too hung up thinking it could've been trying to pocket me?

@dragoneater this was a while ago but i really thought skitt was town here and she was scum (in a hydra)
viewtopic.php?p=12702196&f=54&t=86336&u ... #p12702196
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:12 am

Post by Aristeia »

I'm not saying you shouldn't have a scumlean?

I'm saying it feels weird you're not voting when you're expressing like townie feelings about almost every slot you've commented on and this one is a scumlean[one of your only scumread/leans?) and being run up and you're
not
voting it.

like I guess the townie thought process is; usually see bad guy vote bad guy

whereas the scum thought process is; how does me voting now here make me look and is it likely to work?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:14 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

it's a pretty weak scumlean. though i accept the criticism we've been cautious with our vote

VOTE: atsi
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:08 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Sorry guys I'm really tilted about something that's not game-related, so I'll reply to anything directed at me tomorrow.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:27 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 341, Aristeia wrote:
In post 340, marcistar wrote: i dont think they need to use the "not into the game" excuse to defend me so it seems genuine >.>
I think nightshade's exasperation with you being disconnected from game state/voting is more likely to come from town who is frustrated w you and infinity's "defense" is more likely to come from mafia who is trying to get on your good side and save you for later as a pocket.

Do you have any other reason to townread infinity other than how they treated your slot?
not really honestly, but i dont think theyre trying to play me so i stick by the read smh.
Night Shade
Night Shade
Goon
Night Shade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:36 am

Post by Night Shade »

Ok I'm gonna just multi-quote this on mobile and walk through it. I think DE70 is the scummiest person in the game
In post 47, Elements wrote: initially I thought it could be a good way to get some vca going early that would give good info after some flips
no idk if it would, but I still want it to happen
would be fun
I'm not really buying this as an actual thought Elements had. This just feels like a weird defense after being called out for putting Datisi at e-1. I don't think there's much VCA to be done on page 3 so I feel like this was a fabricated reason
In post 126, Elements wrote: VOTE: Skitter
In post 127, Elements wrote: It feels like skitter backed down from the vote on Night Shade too easily once things started to feel like they were swinging back her way. Then tried to save face by migrating the scumread to playstyle differences.
I don't like this vote or this reason. It feels forced. To me it just seems like Elements wanted to give the skitter wagon even more momentum but the reasoning just doesn't line up
In post 200, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 13, Ausuka wrote: Hi I'm a tomato

Guess what my role is.

Guess.
Miller?
This is very miniscule but I'm having a hard time believing DE70 skimmed through the thread, saw people talking about tomatoes, but didn't see Ausuka claim Miller. To me this is just content for the sake of content and I have a feeling DE70 knew Ausuka was a miller when he wrote this. If that's true then there's some dishonesty involved, but I can't prove it so admittedly this point isn't much
In post 204, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 26, skitter30 wrote: Hello hello
I just watched the barbie movie and it was glorious

VOTE: dats

Ausuka's probably town

vla on fridays/saturdsay, etc
I think this post gives me townvibes, so I like Skitter for now.
In post 38, Aristeia wrote: can one of the datisi voters unvote him so I can vote him without e-1ing him pls ty
In post 39, Elements wrote: UNVOTE:
In post 40, Aristeia wrote: thx VOTE: Dats
In post 41, Elements wrote: VOTE: Datisi
E-1
In post 42, Aristeia wrote: the betrayal :O

UNVOTE:
Am I allowed to like an interaction my slot was involved in? Because I find this interaction incredibly funny but also quite townie.
In post 63, Night Shade wrote: Sure am.
Oh okay because I was reading you as Black and your tone felt off. I will have to reread your posts now.
DE70 calling his predecessor townie feels really odd
In post 205, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 9, Night Shade wrote:
In post 6, Infinity 324 wrote: VOTE: atsi too similar to datisi, one of you has to go
Why would you not choose Datisi to go since he is physically incapable of rolling town?
In post 59, Night Shade wrote: Real talk though I understand the meta considerations re: ari's reaction to ausukas claim but the whole miller claim thing felt a little bit over the top to me.

-Shade
In post 61, Night Shade wrote: it was specifically the emotive anger part to me that felt a little bit like more than how ausuka would actually as town legitimately react.

In my mind ausuka isn't like some super gambit heavy player though so I guess I'll just tuck that thought away for later.

-Shade
So I actually don't like these posts upon reread. Like they have this neutral sort of tone which at first I thought was typical of TSQ, and then I realized was the same tone he had in Team Mafia, when he was scum. (I don't think I recall playing a game with town!TSQ so this might definitely be a personality thing but for now I sus that)

VOTE: TSQ - I mean Night Shade
This feels forced. Scum typically don't have any good reason to SR someone early and this aligns with how I would expect scum to push an early wagon on a townie. SRing Shea based on his tone isn't the biggest stretch but it doesn't feel natural here
In post 206, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 84, Night Shade wrote: Nah I don't believe town skitter actually has these thoughts.
Now this is a really weird take. Skitter's posts come from a pretty plain town mindset IMO
This feels informed to me
In post 212, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 211, Aristeia wrote:
In post 206, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 84, Night Shade wrote: Nah I don't believe town skitter actually has these thoughts.
Now this is a really weird take. Skitter's posts come from a pretty plain town mindset IMO
can you elaborate on this?
Sure.

Basically, these posts:
Spoiler: quotes
In post 26, skitter30 wrote: Hello hello
I just watched the barbie movie and it was glorious

VOTE: dats

Ausuka's probably town

vla on fridays/saturdsay, etc
In post 70, skitter30 wrote: Like i get ur not officially calling her scum rn but it reads as shade if you're not going to
In post 66, skitter30 wrote: No
And it sounds like her reaction makes sense given the prior context

Like do u think she's scum purposefully coming into the game fake-claiming this?
In post 79, skitter30 wrote: I don't think his ausuka take is real
It sounds like he's throwing shade but is purposefully not going sonfar as to call her scum

Also idk why he's calling me scum, doesnt seem like a reasonable reaction to what I said, or what he's implying by complaining that i 'misunderstood' him

All feel like they are coming from a perspective of someone who is trying to figure things out, and also, more importantly, THEY MAKE SENSE. Like I know this sounds dumb but more often than not the things that scum say don't actually make sense, they just appear to, but here I can clearly follow Skitter's logic and it doesn't sound fake or contradict itself. So this is what I call a town mindset.

IDK how to explain it better than that. It's just the mindset that town people have and scum don't.
This has been touched on already but it also gives me informed vibes, especially the last sentence. DE70 has played enough Mafia to understand scum and town don't always operate on the same frequency or mindset. It feels really weird to be so confident in townskitter based on her having a "town mindset", as if scum aren't trying to mimic this in every game
In post 258, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 240, Datisi wrote:
In post 237, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 214, Datisi wrote:
In post 212, DragonEater70 wrote: Like I know this sounds dumb but more often than not the things that scum say don't actually make sense, they just appear to, but here I can clearly follow Skitter's logic and it doesn't sound fake or contradict itself.
have you, uh ever played with skitter before
Yeah but I was scum so it doesn't really count. What's your point though?
my point is that saying "this person is town because i can follow their logic" is a godawful argument to make, doubly so when it's skitter you're talking about who's definitely a good enough player to keep her internal points consistent

like, in my mind i'm osculating between "dragon is town because that argument is so bad no way scum ever makes it" and "dragon is scum because he didn't even look at whether skitt's post make sense as scum or town motivation and townchucked her for being logical"
I kinda get your viewpoint but that's not reallywhat I said. What I was saying was not that I tr'd her for self consistency, but for her takes being takes that I could easily have.
Like, scum often use forced/reachy/nonsensical reasoning to fake an SR (because they don't have a SENSIBLE reason to sr someone who they know is town), and that wasn't that.
This pinged me because DE70's vote for Shea felt forced/reachy and it's ironic that DE is admitting this is how he believes scum operate

-Night
Night Shade
Night Shade
Goon
Night Shade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:40 am

Post by Night Shade »

In post 319, Infinity 324 wrote: mmm really? i basically said "this slot is basically null but a couple things pinged me" which feels like a very different thing than paranoia. if you're town and actually felt something related that's ok haha just feels a bit weird
Is it really that different? DE pinged us both and I like when other people are what I see
In post 319, Infinity 324 wrote: yeah just the way you engaged came off as a bit aggressive, but if you didn't realize they were having trouble getting into the game that's fine. but this response feels a bit diplomatic if you think i was saying engaging with people is scummy?
I refuse to let you misrep me like this. I wasn't aggressive toward Marci, so can you just drop that? Thanks
Night Shade
Night Shade
Goon
Night Shade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:42 am

Post by Night Shade »

In post 324, atsi wrote: Also I think Ausuka is likely scum, for 2 reasons:
  • Both her anger, and the later apology in #50, feels kinda off to me. I'm not sure how to best explain it, but it's different from how I think a person that genuinely feels angry/apologetic would express those feelings.
  • Having rolled miller twice in a row before would would likely put miller on top of scum!Ausuka's mind when considering a strategy.
I don't necessarily agree with this but I feel like this post comes from a town perspective
Night Shade
Night Shade
Goon
Night Shade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:43 am

Post by Night Shade »

In post 359, Aristeia wrote:
maybe I'm being unfair to you because I think about you all the time - sorry if you're town and you find me annoying
In post 360, Aristeia wrote:
I guess I just miss the days when you would say to me "hi ari this dragon is evil I'm sure of it let's go kill it"
This was rly cute
Night Shade
Night Shade
Goon
Night Shade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:47 am

Post by Night Shade »

In post 363, Infinity 324 wrote: it's a pretty weak scumlean. though i accept the criticism we've been cautious with our vote

VOTE: atsi
Why atsi?

-Night
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:26 am

Post by Ausuka »

I think atsi's scumread on me is towny

I think it makes sense to townread the miller claim if you know me but from a more neutral perspective I think scumreading it makes sense since rolling miller so many times in a row is indeed very improbable

Obviously I don't like being called off but people have said my posts are awkward in mafia games enough times that it's whatever
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:19 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 358, Aristeia wrote: infinity it feels like you want to vote for dragoneater but you're concerned about how it will look and you want to slowly walk the vote there but you kind of hope other people will off the slot for you.

because you expressed net scumread on the slot - it became viable and your vote is currently uncast and its a y-2 wagon. You think your position in the game is relatively town-read and it would look bad if you voted so soon after Datisi so you're waiting to see what happens.
This is probably a little more compelling to me than your stuff abt infinity's dats' trajectory
But on balance not sure i find it convincing
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:42 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 369, Night Shade wrote:
In post 359, Aristeia wrote:
In post 360, Aristeia wrote:
This was rly cute
thanks you're so sweet :)
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him