Micro 1089: the coalition, again [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #4825 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:42 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

that keeps happening to me lol
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4826 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:53 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ok so i was mostly trying to be as objective as possible so that this is like a matter of public record and can be analyzed from anyone's perspective to find the scum

but i will add a little bit of a so that it isn't entirely iioa

which is that fmpov i think when looking at skitter's iso given this context it does make a little more sense to me that she would be okay with being left out at the start and recognizing that she is a consensus scumread if her partner is hellbooks rather than bulge. it would be pretty bold to be like "yeah sure ari throw me in the fun car with bulge". that is and has been and continues to be a point of contention for me this whole game as ive considered whether bulge slot is scum, and the explanation for me is that if it is then she just knew we weren't actually going to coalesce any time soon

i do think it would be pretty dangerous for her to try to pull that off though, because mindsets can form quickly and be hard to shift -- me, isis, ari all got a few early scumreads and then never really fully shook them. skitter going for the "well im fine with this" approach and just hoping people townread it is i guess hard to picture but also like again what else is she gonna do. if people don't townread her and her partner is afk then all she can really do is sit back and wait and then maybe later if she still hasn't gotten townreads she forces her way in

i dunno

it doesn't seem like the skitter approach though to just from the very beginning be against her partner being in. it's a lot easier to start with a townread and then gradually downgrade it if needed than it is to scumread them and then have to awkwardly prop them up if you need to later
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4827 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:57 am

Post by fireisredsir »

and like the timing does make sense i think. she's noticing the trend of things and is gathering more townreads while hellbooks is starting to lose the initial ones she had. the hades and persephone metaphor is maybe more apt for the way in which hellbooks was down in the trenches of getting viberead which is a pretty quick burst of towniness that eventually fades, while skitter stuck to the other side of the game in the more analytical stuff, not forcing anything too hard, which will probably get her more and more townread over time

and then at a certain point somewhere in the middle hellbooks is happy to tag out and let skitter take her place in the coalition as they high five when they meet at the intersecting point of their oppositely sloped trajectories in thread consensus view
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4828 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:03 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I honestly do think skitt's play around the coal makes more sense as a hellbooks partner than a fire partner.

her "what have I even done to look town" post feels revealing
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4829 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:04 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1820, hellbooks wrote: i think im doomed to always be a little suspicious of skitter because she so often fits the model of what i think is the archetypal scum: someone who has a firm grasp of the game but isnt its top contributor and is also generally making measured posts and cultivating trust. you could even say that its an rvs read that has nevertheless persisted into the current day. i kind of dont know how to go about finding things to townread about her and i felt this way in the magical first datisi game too
this post also made me go back to compare and i think the way she handled skitter in referenced game is like wildly different and a lot more hands on:

Spoiler:

viewtopic.php?t=90886&user_select%5B%5D=34369
In post 91, hellbooks wrote: when i saw the skitter vote i was like oh yea baby. that like makes a beautiful and wonderous amount of sense for you to do right now and i like it. on the other hand, the baltar spoiler is kind of word for word some shit i would say as scum to put forth the image of having a forward thinking and productively minded thought process
In post 313, hellbooks wrote:
In post 307, skitter30 wrote: Idk why she forces herself to have a sky scumread as town ...
thats like what im doing

also i think you should be allowed to townread people who arent solving
In post 317, hellbooks wrote: if you were scum skitter and seeing that the ausuka campaign was being met with a ton of resistance and also were finding your own personal standing in jeopardy from pushing it, what would you do? im genuinely curious. my first thought would be "well wouldnt scum want to try and wind this down and look for an easier miselim?" but maybe people dont actually think like that. maybe people die on hills more often than i think, instead of intentionally executing scum actions that benefit their own, maybe they do their best to just fully adopt a town mindset, with all its associated baggage, and counterproductive results. what narrative makes more sense here to you all?
In post 319, hellbooks wrote: sorry sorry. i just got embarrassed. like i know skitter is one of those Great Players and maybe shes like reading that and being like wtf are you saying lol do you even play this game more than once a year
In post 640, hellbooks wrote: osuka wagon response is the tiniest bit town to me but maybe im too easily swayed by things as that
definitely down for a expeditious meuh pivot
honestly is tris not literally coasting scum
also do the skitter antis still feel that way and just moved on to bigger priorities
In post 807, hellbooks wrote: skitz i think youre misinterpreting my posts somehow?
In post 862, hellbooks wrote:
In post 810, skitter30 wrote: @hellbooks can you pick three (3) of your spiciest reads and elaborate a little more?
Not super in depth like a couple of sentences each?
so i already kind of explained why i put osuka and ausuka up there (flawed as my trust may be). i also mentioned that i was genuinely convinced by the excitement and conviction that meuh had

skygazer i think has been posting shallowly and taking paths of least resistance and not really feeling concerned or paranoid or second guessing but then theres also like a vibe i get that shes coasting on tone which makes me think theres a vested interest in maintaining a good position

tris im actually thinking about putting back at null or even town but at the time it felt like she was very passively sitting with her confusion, saying she didnt want to read or wasnt motivated to do anything, and then was suddenly spurred into action by the prospect of a wagon. but now that i put that impression together i think its kind of towny

i dont think fire has done anything that made me think "oh that was so towny" and i think that theyve been very careful while also kind of trying to maintain control over the direction of the game and i think the sort of consistent action of trying to understand everything and little details seems like it could be like scum whos just doing busy work

maybe id update my reads to be

[empty]
ausuka, osuka, meuh
tris (lol SORRY AUSUKA ABOUT YOUR ANTIVOTE)
skitter
fire
skygazer
[empty]

i think i sort of committed to the bit so hard that i dont actually know where to place baltar in this list anymore but i originally had him in the fire tier and maybe id want to put him below even. and i have legit no idea about skitter tbh. as i mentioned before there is no one here that i am even fifty per cent sure is scum.
In post 868, hellbooks wrote: i dont think skitter is towny just for trying to solve the game i dont think people are towny just for trying to solve the game
In post 909, hellbooks wrote: Final answer reads adjusted for inflation just me changing my mind on some stuff

ausuka, meuh
tris
skygazer
osuka
baltar
skitter, fire

Did i get every one this time
In post 936, hellbooks wrote: what is scummy about having disjointed reads progression?
In post 1009, hellbooks wrote: as promise heres my hot girl success wall, provided FREE of charge to all of you, NO ADS, NO SUBSCRIPTION FEE, and NO BULLSHIT. feel free to read only the sections you want its no skin off my back. they should have a special achievement award for someone if they make both the worst and best post in a game cuz this ones gonna be a banger

returning to the crime scene of my mind and attempting to reconstruct the events that led to me flip flopping on several of my readsskyg - i went back to ctrl+f her iso for what she had said about another person (i think vp balts) and saw a few towny things. one thing that stuck out to me was skygazer feeling a baseline reluctance to vote me bc we're friends and then overcoming that bc of an excess of scumminess from yours truly. i think that shows somewhat of a pure attitude towards limming as less of a self-serving, strategic activity and more of like a societal obligation aka more of a towny mindset psychologically speaking. maybe i overcorrected a little bit in the town direction and shes more of a conflicted read

osuka - if i was scum and in a secure position amidst this chaos i would absolutely consider vanishing here or at least feel that strong temptation. actually surprised that no one rly called it out but maybe he said he's vla and i missed it or something. in contrast to ausuka who i think has continued to townpost. and also became less convinced that some of the reactions that i originally thought were towny were not easily fakeable

skitter - i think theres a careful slowrolly type of way she's trying to slowly gain ground on voting me. its like 1) votes me. 2) "oh tbh im kinda coming around to flipping hellbooks here" like well YEA.... your voting me ! ! i actually prefer the optics of someone like meuh whos just kind of voting my ass & also looking elsewhere and working on other ideas. something methodical about it how everything i do she takes it into her atelier and constructs a beautiful reason for her to dislike it. but maybe thats just how she is when she drives through a tunnel. i dont rly know how to reliably make that distinction. what actually made me think of skitter as sus more than that, is that i concluded that unlike most other people in this game there's really no post that ive seen where i thought "if she was scum, making this post would be counterproductive for her"

why i made that horrible all caps post aka the second worst post of all timebasically i had a horrible vision of getting limmed in elo against someone with a more comprehensive and rational presence. like i thought there was literally no way i would make it out of an elo situation. and i thought getting limmed on D1 and letting people maybe build some momentum off of the varied approaches / sheeps / angles that people had on my wagon would be a very low-risk sacrifice with some legit upside. as i said, it wasnt angst or anything. im actually having a ton of fun in this game making my little posts. but i also dont mind going out like a G on D1 i dont have any pride about things like that. also as i said i didnt really have a confident alternative ready to propose to be like "well dont vote me vote THIS person!" prior to the most recent pages of fairly contentful and solvatious activity there seemed to be a whole bunch of posts from people that were like "i have no effing idea what to do about this game" and that was the game state i was still working off of when doing this rumination

live slug reaction to the baltar wallskitz - i dont have a problem with someone townreading skitz and dont consider my thoughts on her to be compelling enough to dissuade someone from doing so, but i read vp baltars reasons and think... this is all stuff scum does all the time? imo? and i think the thing that i have a problem with is maybe the lack of what i consider to be a prerequisite amount of paranoia

tris - agree that i dont have a problem with the sheeping but i did think it was a little interesting that blatant opportunism is excusable if tris but not skygazer. I KNOW, there are other factors but i was just like.... oh just bc skygazer is voting YOU? :shifty: dont worry i still think thats valid ; )

fire - the fact that you say that fires superpower is being a very thorough thinker & you dont see that here... but why is that something fire wouldnt be able to reproduce as scum? do you think fire as scum has a history of failing to think thru posts? i guess thats the one thing about your case that stood out to me. i think the osuka placeholder push also doesnt really fit in with the grand narrative of meuhltar fencesitting that youre crafting and i dont actually see why your portrait of fire as a scum would do that

tragically i think this post did more harm than good for my view of you albeit by a slight margin -- i cant help but compare it to something like the grand meuh post (which again might just be a false case that happened to hit all the right beats for me, and im literally sorry for bringing it up bc i know you said you didnt like it) and find the general ideas to be somewhat belabored by comparison

finally on to the fun stuff... !
note to all skimmers below this point is where the post ACTUALLY starts getting good!

avi tier list. whoever said all the avis were great was rightosuka - i get the sinking feeling that im supposed to know what this is. is it like a... like a electric roggenrola or something? if i actually got my shit together and made your gtkas there would be a question where you could answer about this. but i like it. A

baltar - avatars that are just some dude i think have actually come around to becoming underrated in this day and age. this was a factor in why im currently rockin the sandler. A+

tris - one important thing when it comes to avatars is that they dont exist in a vacuum but exist symbiotically with the connotations of the poster. if i saw this avi for the first time i would be like i have no idea who this is. but when i see this avi now im like this is absolutely tris. S

skygazer - i like the placid discomfort of the stars' expressions and of course any avatar that synergizes with a username should be acknowledged. A+

meuh - this seems to be an art of some kind of knight or other armored professional. i like her calm but resolute expression. i get the sense that maybe people would find this avatar trustworthy when it came to first impressions in a mafia game. i would hope that mine achieves the opposite. A

ausuka - no notes. this avatar cant be reduced to its qualities, it simply is. S+

fireisredsir - much like their discord avi (which is one of my favorites) this persons gaze holds a tired tenderness. while they seem to be drinking it also seems to remind me fondly of a pose that i often make in general with my fist, just to cover the bottom half of my face (when chewing for example). i have to admit to a flawed bias which is that i dont prefer it when the avatars are too far off of a square resolution. S-

skitter - im a big fan of tigers. i was born in the year of the tiger. an old avi of mine has a similar abstractish style of an animal and i feel some solidarity off of that as well. A

met gala reviewwas bad bunnys suit the BEST LOOKING ensemble of the event, no, but it sure did live in my head with the least rent. jenna ortega -- i wish my self of 5 yrs ago going as wednesday addams to a gothtober party couldve done it like you. dwyane wade's coat was an ABSOLUTE SLAY. mary j blige, something abt the swoop and the high slit... like yes. give me the composition, and you know what the sheer and blue rose pattern is extra but it works for me. stephanie hsu's collar worked outlandishly perfectly. but in the end... none did it quite like ausuka. i award her Winner of the Night

hockey preds. fun fact datisi promised that if i get all these right i'll get a 1-shot day vig called "the onetimer"1. i dont particularly like the panthers and i think if i predicted against the leafs id feel double shame if they ended up winning, so i'll say
leafs in 6
even though they're already down a game. cause if it goes to 7 then florida might be able to harness that grimy stinkboy protagonist energy again

2. im rooting for the devils but for some reason i dont have as much shame choosing against them. maybe bc i dont rly have much investment in this series. i could not name a single cane aside from sebastian aho and then im really just thinking about the isles sebastian aho. but lets just say
canes in 6

3. the rational selection is the stars especially since they're up 1 and pavelski's back with a vengence but fuck it im on the bandwagon. the kraken are like that miracle that happens 0-1 times in a persons school life where people from all different friend groups get paired up for a group project but you lowkey end up clicking for real. i have literally never heard of any of these guys except for beniers but the
kraken in 7
bc i dont want this ride to be over yet. 7 in OT even. calling my shot. and you know what that guy bjorkstrand gets the OT winner lets go.

4. it would be funny if leon the professional continued to come up with seven hundred goals a game, truly exhausting everybody, and the oilies still couldnt follow through with it. which is exactly what happened today. im rooting for them to win bc im lowkey a darnell nurse stan even though everyone hates him, and also for my boy nugentious hopkinson, but i need to balance out the kraken prediction by selecting evil so i'll say
knights in 5
for the spicy oilies collapse mwahahaha

favorite datisi vcthe wheat to bread "is it worth it" in 1.07 is definitely a winner.
i like the "this dog sucks" energy of 1.09.
maybe it's recency bias, but the 1.18 might be my favorite. +1 for spiderman 2. +1 for men kissing. +1 for factual information about movie trivia. its got everything
In post 1080, hellbooks wrote: Ill self vote to avoid a no elim, thats not against wincon right

Also finding my self thinking skitters deadline scramble is town

like yea she's clearly struggling to come up with a confident read but the struggle is also like very evident in thread. you can see her trying to find that read
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4830 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:06 am

Post by fireisredsir »

caveats that it's a different setup where you actually are blasting right away and hellbooks was actually under some lim pressure there which may have pushed out some additional opinions (although she's said a couple times that she doesn't think pressure really brings anything more out of here)

but like it is still a micro and all of those posts were on day 1
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4831 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:09 am

Post by fireisredsir »

there's just so much more sorting of people in that game but directly comparing how she treats skitter i think makes the difference especially noticeable
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4832 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:21 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

i have a confession to make

my gut says that hellbooks is scum here
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4833 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:28 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i also currently think that but probably as soon as hellbooks comes back and posts again ill be like "wait no nvm"
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4834 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by hellbooks »

sorry they were all accusing me of lurking at work so i had to go annoyedly manufacture a bunch of insincere wall posts in various google docs, id link them to prove it but datisi would modkill me on the spot 500 times
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4835 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:38 pm

Post by hellbooks »

the year is 2033 hellbooks has long since retired and faded away, the newest generation of scummers asks datisi why do you have a rule that says "for fucks sake stop talking about wuthering heights nobody is allowed to talk about wuthering heights anymore" datisi looks far in the distance, memories flickering behind its eyes "guess i forgot to take that one out"
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4836 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:53 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

if there was a rat in the locker room who would be most likely to get it out
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4837 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:55 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

hmm snakes eat rats

hellbooks doesn't seem like the deepwolf type. maybe she's a deepsnake
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4838 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:57 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

i still think there is a very small chance i feel confident hellbooks is scum this game can someone else vote
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4839 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:01 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

rats make me crazy
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4840 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:21 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 4833, fireisredsir wrote:probably as soon as hellbooks comes back and posts again ill be like "wait no nvm"
maybe not
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4841 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:41 pm

Post by hellbooks »

sorry bit busy tonight but feel free to find a spot on my calendar to book an hour appointment to get snowed by me!
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4842 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:45 pm

Post by hellbooks »

idk if this is actually relevant to the situation at hand but when people were like "oh helbooks only started posting content when she started getting pressured" i was like ok what are they pressuring me for then? Funnier jokes? Maybe no one said that actually and im just boxing with a hallucination enemy
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #4843 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:45 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

im patient

we have like a week until deadline still somehow
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4844 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:47 pm

Post by hellbooks »

we should all just come together and lim hallucination enemy i freaking hate that guy
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4845 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:49 pm

Post by hellbooks »

You are not going to get house of leaves 2 or lesbians 2 thats for damn sure