Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3775 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:08 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

nah
neighborhoods generated by amway will not prevent recruitment
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #3776 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:07 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 2.02
carpal tunnel syndrome is a nasty way to go. thankfully it is never, ever fatal.

4 players voting for Cook (Ranger, Ircher, Save The Dragons, ofrhz)
2 players voting for Bingle (Meuh, camelCasedSnivy)
1 player voting for DragonEater70 (AniX)
1 player voting for AniX (Yimmy)
1 player voting for Theta Alpine (Bingle)

6 players not voting (Cook, Political Clout, KatyKimFanClub, Theta Alpine, Skygazer, DragonEater70)

with 15 votes, it takes 8 to eliminate.

mod notes: DragonEater70 is V/LA for the next three days. re:, as described in Aureal's flip, the Recruitment Drive ability would be ab ability that a recruited player receives. re:, in the most literal sense the ability describes itself as a recruitment, so I'll say yes to the first question. it's not so much a power as an event triggered by a role's power. it is not a change to a role; players who become Amway consultants still have their original roles.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3777 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:15 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

well i only needed a yes to one of those per what bingle said so
they should not have been able to become an amway consultant per their claim which included that they could not be recruited
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3778 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:15 pm

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

dying to carpal tunnel sounds depressing

also i guess "players who become Amway consultants still have their original roles." means bingle isnt confirmed?
master at being scum(my)
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3779 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:17 pm

also looking at traitor's PM i guess each mod had to specify if their role was multitasking or not which means we dont have a default multitasking
master at being scum(my)
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3780 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:18 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

VOTE: bingle

there are probably better votes but this is more just me saying i no longer think there is a situation where bingle can be town despite my earlier misgivings about the mechanical guilty
alter of rautherdir
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3781 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:18 pm

well even if bingle isnt the traitor they could still be any other mafia role
master at being scum(my)
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3782 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:21 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

well
i probably should wait for kkfc to claim if they got a neighborhood or not but

that will confirm bingles role one way or another
either they are true claiming somehow and a neighborhood forms and i ended up at 3 income some other way somehow
or no neighborhood forms and bingles claim is false given they are in fact recruitable where their claim says they cannot be
alter of rautherdir
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3783 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 3781, camelCasedSnivy wrote: well even if bingle isnt the traitor they could still be any other mafia role
i mean

loudly proclaiming unrecruitable when an unrecruitable and not bulletproof traitor
kind of hard to imagine a scenario where bingle is not the traitor
alter of rautherdir
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3784 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:16 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 3777, Theta Alpine wrote: well i only needed a yes to one of those per what bingle said so
they should not have been able to become an amway consultant per their claim which included that they could not be recruited
Yeah, I paraphrased my role as can’t be recruited originally, because unrecruitable townie is a known anti cult role and that was easy to use as a paraphrase. The actual phrasing is that I can’t have my alignment changed. Your pretending to have me gotcha’d while specifically claiming the mod told you that the recruitment wasn’t an ability as justification for it not being affected by desperate when the mod just confirmed literally the opposite of that is still noted though.

I haven’t received any invitations to PTs today.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3785 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:23 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 3781, camelCasedSnivy wrote: well even if bingle isnt the traitor they could still be any other mafia role
That's literally untrue. The WHOLE POINT is that Bingle can only be (Incapable of getting new abilities) and the traitor role we just saw is not at all that.

I could be incapable of getting new abilities and mafia, theoretically, but I'm confirmed to have the former ability by DE.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3786 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:26 pm

my point is that i already think your mafia outside of the traitor thing
master at being scum(my)
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3787 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:28 pm

In post 205, Bingle wrote: So, no reason I’m asking this at all, like I definitely don’t have an anti cult power, but is there any chance there’s a cult this game? Asking for someone who definitely isn’t unrecruitable.
traitor pm specified you cant be recruited, this seems like a pretty big soft
master at being scum(my)
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3788 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:28 pm

wait where did you say incapable of getting abilities
master at being scum(my)
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3789 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:29 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 3783, Theta Alpine wrote:
i mean

loudly proclaiming unrecruitable when an unrecruitable and not bulletproof traitor
kind of hard to imagine a scenario where bingle is not the traitor
This is appeal to incredulity, which is a classical logical fallacy.

Theta finds it hard to believe I'm a role that is similar to the role she is absolutely sure I am, when it is literally proven that I am said role. I find it hard to believe that there is a chance we're all going to be spaghettified by a black hole that our astronomers had no way of seeing coming tomorrow, but that doesn't make it any less possible. Theta, however, finds it hard to believe that something for which the evidence is strongly in favor of is true. The argument here is "I find it hard to believe the sky is blue." which is a nonsense argument.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3790 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:30 pm

In post 207, Bingle wrote:
In post 195, Bingle wrote:
In post 193, DkKoba wrote: has everyone posted atleast once yet? Specifically has everyone who is neg utility claimed? There's something fun we can do with the claims + I think it's appropriate for me to fullclaim based on gamestate soon(but also we already have a fairly breakable aspect i think)
I’m negative utility if a specific role exists in this game and I think it’s very unlikely it does. Does that count?
Actually I don’t think slow rolling this aspect either makes much sense. Don’t target me if you’re an inventor or otherwise able to grant powers to other players. I explicitly can’t use abilities given to me by other players.
ah you did
master at being scum(my)
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3791 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:34 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 207, Bingle wrote:
In post 195, Bingle wrote:
In post 193, DkKoba wrote: has everyone posted atleast once yet? Specifically has everyone who is neg utility claimed? There's something fun we can do with the claims + I think it's appropriate for me to fullclaim based on gamestate soon(but also we already have a fairly breakable aspect i think)
I’m negative utility if a specific role exists in this game and I think it’s very unlikely it does. Does that count?
Actually I don’t think slow rolling this aspect either makes much sense. Don’t target me if you’re an inventor or otherwise able to grant powers to other players. I explicitly can’t use abilities given to me by other players.
In post 1061, Bingle wrote:
In post 1052, Cook wrote: pedit: bingle what are your thoughts on a massclaim
Already mentioned:

Massclaim is unlikely to give us a complete break like it would in a poorly designed setup.
Massclaim is likely to widen whatever balance disparity already exists in the game. Whether that favors town or scum is a straight tossup, but I think at least SS and TBone will at least have given nominal consideration to how it'll effect the game.
Massclaim will vastly improve my own contributions to the game.

On a whole, I don't care one way or the other but I'm happy to start the process because I'm a glorified BP and losing access to that isn't really a big deal.

I'm an unchangeable townie. I can't be recruited, given powers, or have my role changed through any means. I can choose to be immune to all night kills or all actions other than night kills at night. I'm going to be choosing BP because why the fuck would I not?
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3792 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:35 pm

UNVOTE:

alright
master at being scum(my)
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3793 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:36 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 3787, camelCasedSnivy wrote: traitor pm specified you cant be recruited, this seems like a pretty big soft
Except the traitor PM has nothing that would stop me from being able to 'hood DE. Which I couldn't do. Mechanically.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3794 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:38 pm

so then is it safe to say bingle/aureal/the traitor are a group
master at being scum(my)
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3795 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:40 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 3786, camelCasedSnivy wrote: my point is that i already think your mafia outside of the traitor thing
Valid, although I'd ask why. If it's the Aureal push, I don't really feel bad about pushing that through given she played it in the least protown way possible. If you're talking about any of my other play, I think I've been pretty obviously townblocking since the word go and not seeing my towniness is a pretty willful disregarding of the time I've actually been around this game.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3796 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:40 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 3794, camelCasedSnivy wrote: so then is it safe to say bingle/aureal/the traitor are a group
I very much doubt I'm in a group with the traitor, our roles are TOO similar.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3797 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:53 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 3746, Theta Alpine wrote: p-edit
i cannot quote it since it was private communication but the mod did tell me that recruitment drive was an event and not an ability when explaining that my modifier would not affect it
I'm gonna point out again that Theta unambiguously lied about this. She said that the mod explicitly told her recruitment drive was not an ability as justification for it not being affected by the disloyal knockoff in an attempt to frame me. Recruitment is explicitly an ability. Legitimately, this is like theta coming in with a cop guilty on me and then a tracker saying "Wait a minute, you didn't visit Bingle last night."
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3798 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:03 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

well it is what i was told so not sure what to say about that
alter of rautherdir
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3799 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:40 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 3710, AniX wrote: You have until the end of the day. As I've been saying the entire time, this is a mech solve game and you better have an absolutely BEAUTIFUL reason to fucking with the town's mech solve (if you are town. Take your time with a second fakeclaim if you're scum)
I will say it right now:
I don't. Any and all claim-related shenanigans I do are due to my personal idiosyncrasies.

Since this answer will 100% not satisfy you, I'm just going to link 2 posts from a town game where I did claim related shenanigans due to my idiosyncrasies (this is obviously an alt).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”