Open 887: Coalition of Frogs (Game Over)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:14 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 47, Hero at Heart wrote: cool lol

i might as well:

HEAL: Datisi, Hero, Bella, Merlyn

Drew do you want in?
I don't really think you have this many townreads already and the reach out to drew feels ?
You are always gonna be my love
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:15 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 54, Hero at Heart wrote: would actually not mind winning this game on page 10 with an all town coalition.
this feels kinda lamist
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:15 am

Post by Aristeia »

I guess if you're like one specific person this might be townie for you but I don't really enjoy alt speculation so I am applying base rates
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:22 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 63, Aristeia wrote: what do you mean?
i mean like, what you're saying about why scum-mala doesn't sus me on page 2 is all logically valid, but i don't think it's realistic to think she would've actually thought about all of that before making that post? especially as i don't think she's that kind of player
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:24 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 72, Hero at Heart wrote: i would say aristeia is pocketing datisi but the truth is, datisi is already pre-pocketed from before game started.
maybe >_>

do you think i'm wrong though?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:27 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 74, Aristeia wrote: i thought your opening posts were kind of empty and your post explaining mech to bella felt like a scumpost in that scum like to post helpful answers for townies because its something they can do that's truthful and establish rapport. your focus on bella felt kinda pockety.

I don't really have a read on THS, he felt kind of bland in his opening but the thing that made me think you could be teamed with him was
In post 44, Hero at Heart wrote: if THS is scum, partner is probably ari or kitten.
which feels like you're kind of preflipping his as scum and lining up the next two lims afterwards
this is kinda funny because i thought THS is the one that's pocketing bella :<
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:30 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 78, Datisi wrote:
i mean like, what you're saying about why scum-mala doesn't sus me on page 2 is all logically valid, but i don't think it's realistic to think she would've actually thought about all of that before making that post? especially as i don't think she's that kind of player

oh I don't think she did think of all of that. I think if she was mafia she would think of all of that and then not do it - but since she's town she didn't really think it out and just did what came naturally - which was sus you.

I'm not like sure she would think of all of that if she was mafia but I just don't think this line of play makes sense for her to do if she was mafia unless she's trying to create distance because what's the point of the play?

I don't think she would expect it to get her townread - it certainly didn't last time.
I don't think she would expect it to knock you out of the townreads - it didn't really work last time.

like you're saying she wouldn't think that far ahead and she'd just do it if she was mafia but like what would the point be?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:38 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 81, Aristeia wrote: I don't think she would expect it to get her townread - it certainly didn't last time.
I don't think she would expect it to knock you out of the townreads - it didn't really work last time.

like you're saying she wouldn't think that far ahead and she'd just do it if she was mafia but like what would the point be?
i'm not saying she would, i'm saying i don't think there's a reason she wouldn't

like, scum has to suspect *someone*. like yeah sure last time she didn't get much from suspecting me as town, but if she's mafia here she has to actually have reads. maybe she thinks i'm somehow similar to last time and would struggle to explain a townread on me. maybe she thinks she'd scumread me if she were town and is just doing that. and that's what i mean by "not thinking 5 steps ahead", i don't think she'd be thinking about how viable it is to get specifically me booted out of the coalition or whatever, i think it's more realistic if she's scum that she saw something that's an easy early reads fake and decided to go for it

also, if nobody latches on onto her suspicion on me, she can drop it. or she doesn't have to. if i'm in the coalition and it ends up failing, she can keep pushing me. if someone latches onto it, she can keep pressuring me

it's so early. and that's what i meant, i don't think she entered the game like "okay i have thought through which early reads have the biggest odds of getting me townread, and who i can boot out of the coalition early"

and if she was thinking about getting townread early, i don't think "x pings me" was gonna get her townread anyway no matter who it was aimed at

this post is a mess because, again, what you are saying *is* logical but i don't think mala, or most players, work like that?
~M
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:51 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

Spoiler: aristeia quotes
In post 74, Aristeia wrote: i thought your opening posts were kind of empty and your post explaining mech to bella felt like a scumpost in that scum like to post helpful answers for townies because its something they can do that's truthful and establish rapport. your focus on bella felt kinda pockety.

I don't really have a read on THS, he felt kind of bland in his opening but the thing that made me think you could be teamed with him was
In post 44, Hero at Heart wrote: if THS is scum, partner is probably ari or kitten.
which feels like you're kind of preflipping his as scum and lining up the next two lims afterwards
In post 75, Aristeia wrote:

i might as well:

Drew do you want in?
I don't really think you have this many townreads already and the reach out to drew feels ?
In post 76, Aristeia wrote:
In post 54, Hero at Heart wrote: would actually not mind winning this game on page 10 with an all town coalition.
this feels kinda lamist

i'll be honest, i saw that you made multiple posts and i kinda wanted to TR the effort and the fact that you are giving multiple reasons rather than one, but actually these reasons sounds reachy af.

specifically, i didn't target bella at all, i just answered a question she had. you'd have to squint hard to read that as me focusing her, especially since that's probably my only interaction with her slot. and sure, scum *could* answer the question but are you saying that town would just ignore it? that's really ??? of you.

second, do u have a problem with me being confident about my reads and feeling like we're awesome enough to win before page 10?
In post 77, Aristeia wrote: I guess if you're like one specific person this might be townie for you but I don't really enjoy alt speculation so I am applying base rates
i am indeed one specific person, no idea if the person you're thinking of, but i think my playstyle is in general pretty unique so if u town you can safely assume it is actually townie for me.
In post 78, Datisi wrote:
seconded even though i don't know mala.
In post 79, Datisi wrote:
In post 72, Hero at Heart wrote: i would say aristeia is pocketing datisi but the truth is, datisi is already pre-pocketed from before game started.
maybe >_>

do you think i'm wrong though?
depends. what's your read on her rn?
In post 80, Datisi wrote:

this is kinda funny because i thought THS is the one that's pocketing bella :<
idk if pocketing is the word i'd choose, but i definitely felt his townread of bella felt very fake and unnatural, so yeah that's part of my SR on him (also the way he explained why he is including himself in his coalition felt scummy as well)
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:52 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

i am still holding off comment on aristeia/datisi discussion of kittens until later when i have more time.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:56 am

Post by Aristeia »

yea i think your confidence is faked
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:01 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 83, Hero at Heart wrote: i'll be honest, i saw that you made multiple posts and i kinda wanted to TR the effort and the fact that you are giving multiple reasons rather than one, but actually these reasons sounds reachy af.
this is such a bad line because you don't really explain which of the reasoning is actually reachy or invalid etc - its just saying oh i would townread you but alas you are reachy which is kind of ??
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:07 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 83, Hero at Heart wrote: specifically, i didn't target bella at all, i just answered a question she had. you'd have to squint hard to read that as me focusing her, especially since that's probably my only interaction with her slot. and sure, scum *could* answer the question but are you saying that town would just ignore it? that's really ??? of you.
all three of your first three posts had something to do with bella and none of them really had any meaningful intent to sort her.

I'm not saying town would just ignore it, I said it's something scum are eager to do. I'm quite lazy and I rarely answer basic mech questions as town but I am more likely to as mafia because it establishes an interaction touchpoint.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:09 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 83, Hero at Heart wrote: second, do u have a problem with me being confident about my reads and feeling like we're awesome enough to win before page 10?
I said it was LAMIST because it feels like the kind of lamist mafia like to say in this format of games. you reframing it to "oh are you saying we're not awesome enough to win before page 10" is kind of ????

Personally I've never won coalition on page 10 and if you're town and you actually get us an early win I would be quite happy about that :).
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:50 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Ari town

Cooling off on Bella town because seeming a bit forced and a lack of activity
On hiatus until the end of grad school stops killing me.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:54 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

i might as well:

Drew do you want in?
How opportunistic can you be. you basically agree with my two (three? I'm not sure if you're saying you townread Drew here) townreads here while ALSO putting yourself in the coalition, while at the same time saying "idk, THS seems like scum for the bella read and putting himself in the coalition". you're just parroting the wrong read already espoused by datisi hoping no one will notice.

VOTE: Hero at Heart
On hiatus until the end of grad school stops killing me.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:51 am

Post by Merlyn »

lol I wonder if I just guessed your main
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:55 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 88, Aristeia wrote:
In post 83, Hero at Heart wrote: second, do u have a problem with me being confident about my reads and feeling like we're awesome enough to win before page 10?
I said it was LAMIST because it feels like the kind of lamist mafia like to say in this format of games. you reframing it to "oh are you saying we're not awesome enough to win before page 10" is kind of ????

Personally I've never won coalition on page 10 and if you're town and you actually get us an early win I would be quite happy about that :).
agree I don't know what you expected to get out of that question
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:57 am

Post by Merlyn »

what did THS do that's making folx scumread them again?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:20 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I don't feel like anyone is trying to pocket me specifically?

I think dats' take on mala is more likely to be right, I'm low key concerned about the amount of words used to discuss mala being x2000 mala's words.
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:44 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

I really hope aristeia is trolling
aristeia wrote: this is such a bad line because you don't really explain which of the reasoning is actually reachy or invalid etc - its just saying oh i would townread you but alas you are reachy which is kind of ??

i literally explained why on the next line of my post.
but if you want more, i also thought your scumreading of my interaction with bella is a reach. oh nvm that was the explanation i gave already. yeah idk why you think i didn't explain it.
Aristeia wrote: all three of your first three posts had something to do with bella and none of them really had any meaningful intent to sort her.
you're kidding, right? do you expect me to try and sort someone based on a "first" post (a post where they say "first!", if unclear) and a mech question? and do you actually expect me to sort someone with my first post which i've literally written before anyone else has posted?
aristeia wrote: Personally I've never won coalition on page 10 and if you're town and you actually get us an early win I would be quite happy about that :).
i personally really hope you are town here because i would be delighted to win with you.

but please give me a reason to townread you and not just shittunneling me (no offense meant)

Pedit: i agree with bella on being concerned about the volume of discussion of malakitten's post.

and Merlyn i will answer you about THS in my next post
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:58 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

In post 90, TheHoldSteady wrote:

i might as well:

Drew do you want in?
How opportunistic can you be. you basically agree with my two (three? I'm not sure if you're saying you townread Drew here) townreads here while ALSO putting yourself in the coalition, while at the same time saying "idk, THS seems like scum for the bella read and putting himself in the coalition". you're just parroting the wrong read already espoused by datisi hoping no one will notice.

VOTE: Hero at Heart
no, i am not sheeping datisi's read on you. i have my own reasons to sr you. they are down below, after where i quote Merlyn.

i am also not copying any of your reads. you tr'd bella's opening, i thought it was null. i liked her page 2 thing about being proud that she had a good take. it's not the best read ever, but it's a read and i also liked her post on this page so i'm keeping it. it's also disingenuous to say i'm copying you on datisi and drew because i liked datisi before i even saw your post liking him (his post 24 i liked and immediately replied to, before i saw your post 30), and drew is the person i'm least townreading out of the 5/6 people i'm townreading (depending if you count myself).

In post 93, Merlyn wrote: what did THS do that's making folx scumread them again?
Here:
In post 20, TheHoldSteady wrote: HEAL: Bellaphant

i like that bella made certain the choice wasn't going to be locked before they decided to join in. seems like a good first choice for collation.
to me this is a weird and pretty forced townread, i really don't understand how a town POV would reach this read. and the tone is off. feels over-explainy.
In post 21, TheHoldSteady wrote:
In post 4, Bellaphant wrote:First!
In post 6, Hero at Heart wrote: first to confrim AND first to post. I'm lucky!
Pedit: noooo
could you two please add pronouns to your profile
this is super subjective but i just feel a nullscum vibe from this post, i can't explain it other than it's vibe.
In post 22, TheHoldSteady wrote: HEAL: TheHoldSteady well of course i'm going to want to put myself in this also.
feels way over-explainy and apologetic for doing something any townie would do without thinking twice.
In post 23, TheHoldSteady wrote:
In post 18, implosion wrote:
In post 11, Hero at Heart wrote: hello! how u doin?
i feel as though some burden of many years has been lifted, but i can't quite put my finger on it.

also jet lag
your scum meeting was that far away huh
this feels like a forced scumread which isn't really based on anything, could possibly be used later on to show that THS has scumreads but could also be easily forgotten if THS decides not to push implo.
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:59 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

anyway i'm going to hang out with friends now so i won't be able to post.
Hero at Heart
Hero at Heart
Goon
Hero at Heart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:05 am

Post by Hero at Heart »

i'm just going to make a note that I
intentionally
didn't explain all of this immediately because i am trying very hard not to tryhard and to ebgage the thread casually, but frankly this isn't working.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:38 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 95, Hero at Heart wrote: but please give me a reason to townread you and not just shittunneling me (no offense meant)
I don't think I am "shittunneling" you as you so eloquently put it.

I'm not very serious about this scumread, it's just a first impression from early in the game - the only reason I am even posting so much about it is because you asked me to.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”