Toriel's Patience (end)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3700 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:23 am

Post by Keyleth »

Words are hard, I wish I could explain the read better because I don't think I'm fully doing it justice but I'll wait for why you want to spare your group of people. I respect your opinion on the matter.
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3701 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:25 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

Nah with my recent track record I think you're the most likely to be right if town and somehow I'm town reading scum

To be honest I barely know what I'm saying at this point, this game just felt dead and going in a bad direction so if no one wanted to try to lead us to more helpful discussion I just thought I should volunteer for a bit

I'm acting confident but I'm really not, I just finished a town game where my top town read was scum. I'm just putting up a tough/confident front like always.

I do genuinely suspect Dann though but giving a detailed explanation would take me too much effort so maybe I will save it when I feel like I've no choice but to do it.
The Deathtunnel Archon Shirou without any of his aggro or hyperposting powers.

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3702 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:28 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

The problem is also that I'm not sure you're town so I'm naturally replying to you with some degree of hostility and sorry if I'm wrong once again

I also respect your opinion on the matter.

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3703 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:29 am

Post by Keyleth »

In post 3701, Lazy Shirou wrote: Nah with my recent track record I think you're the most likely to be right if town and somehow I'm town reading scum

To be honest I barely know what I'm saying at this point, this game just felt dead and going in a bad direction so if no one wanted to try to lead us to more helpful discussion I just thought I should volunteer for a bit

I'm acting confident but I'm really not, I just finished a town game where my top town read was scum. I'm just putting up a tough/confident front like always.

I do genuinely suspect Dann though but giving a detailed explanation would take me too much effort so maybe I will save it when I feel like I've no choice but to do it.
Hey it's okay! I was on both of the wagons so how do you think I feel?

I'm perfectly fine with you trying to lead and see where we can go with it because we need to do something and if you ever need a sanity check I will help if you want to take the offer. I know the whole what if mafia is a thing but you get what I mean!

I thought my mental of everyone is innocent until I think otherwise would work but it really is making this game hard because everyone is playing well to me. Part of me just wants to not think about the hard part and assume mafia can't be the townist slot I think of and go down that list but I also understand how damning that can be.
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3704 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:30 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

Honestly I'm just tired, sorry if I sounded rude, I'mma gonna go now

I'm glad I don't need to potentially defend myself anymore now that we're in Mercy route though, that would be even more tiring

Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3705 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:31 am

Post by Keyleth »

In post 3702, Lazy Shirou wrote: The problem is also that I'm not sure you're town so I'm naturally replying to you with some degree of hostility and sorry if I'm wrong once again

I also respect your opinion on the matter.
I get it, I was sort of expecting to be wolfread after what happened early D1 with people finding my posting and personality weird. I'm sort of just content with it because I was never expecting to be spared to begin with.

There's no harm in taking about things though and you can just ignore me if you think I'm really wolfy.
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3706 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:32 am

Post by Keyleth »

I didn't think you were rude at all but please get some rest and try not to stress and enjoy yourself. Have a lovely day/evening Shirou.
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3707 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:33 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

In post 3703, Keyleth wrote:
In post 3701, Lazy Shirou wrote: Nah with my recent track record I think you're the most likely to be right if town and somehow I'm town reading scum

Hey it's okay! I was on both of the wagons so how do you think I feel?

I'm perfectly fine with you trying to lead and see where we can go with it because we need to do something and if you ever need a sanity check I will help if you want to take the offer. I know the whole what if mafia is a thing but you get what I mean!

I thought my mental of everyone is innocent until I think otherwise would work but it really is making this game hard because everyone is playing well to me. Part of me just wants to not think about the hard part and assume mafia can't be the townist slot I think of and go down that list but I also understand how damning that can be.
Aww, you're so nice.

It does make me want to town read you a bit, this post gives off an air of innocence.
In post 3706, Keyleth wrote: I didn't think you were rude at all but please get some rest and try not to stress and enjoy yourself. Have a lovely day/evening Shirou.
Have a lovely day/evening too Keyleth!

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3708 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:33 am

Post by Dannflor »

I think I have enough spare candidates now that I probably won't push to spare myself Shirou, if that makes you feel any better

although a lot is dependent on dunnstral's alignment
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3709 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:02 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 3651, Lazy Shirou wrote: but after my experience hard defending lurker scum!Redtea and being scum read for the entire game when he flipped scum, I'm not doing that anymore yeah
ah, good times....

I'm kind of okay with rethinking Ali but don't really want to say too much because Ali is/was a viable nightkill if town and I don't want to guide scum so I kind of hate how much we're talking about things right now in general tbh
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3710 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:03 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 3694, Keyleth wrote: I would feel awful to be wrong on it but, yes he wants to be spared. Why would a wolf be so open about that ya know? Feels like a wolf wouldn't try hard to be spared so openly.
Idk, i dont think that's a very good argument for town!Dann given that scum WANT to be spared instead of middling in the reads list. How would scum even achieve that without doing risky stuff like that.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3711 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:04 pm

Post by implosion »

i'm like reading what's being posted but i can't bring myself to care about content that is being posted right now :x
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3712 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 3709, implosion wrote: kind of hate how much we're talking about things right now in general tbh
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3713 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:27 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3714 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3594, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 2604, Meuh wrote:
In post 2601, Taly wrote: give me a succinct reason for
sakura
scum
Fake-feeling lack of confidence, odd treatment of townreads around her, paranoia mismatched with actual progression, not assuming her stances and delegating them to others
In post 2611, Taly wrote: im not ready to consider
sakura
-scum, that world somewhat dictates a team of deepwolves and im not starving for scumreads anymore.
@Taly - Why make 2601 if this is the response? To say you're not starving for scumreads at this point means you have several? Or does it mean you don't feel like you need more anymore? Both?

It's not so close to deadline (a couple of days) that meuh has to be the flip here and the deadline is even getting an extension based on Random Nurse's replacement timer (which was still pending) + 24 hours. 2601 feels disingenuous when it seems like you don't care for an answer some 20 minutes later. There was an opportunity here I think for you to lead something away from Meuh and if you weren't lacking scumreads I feel like, were I in your shoes after asking 2601 (which looks like "give me a reason it shouldn't be you - give me someone else instead"), I would, as town, be having misgivings about eliminating Meuh. You don't seem to have them though.

Does anyone else (@Dunnstral especially with your hours being numbered) see partner equity between Taly and Sakura from this? It feels like if Meuh's answer were not Sakura that maybe Taly was willing to a do a different townie since Meuh had commited a sparelist containing Taly?

Even after the hammer Taly asks for a "final" readslist which realistically is innocuous and NAI, but after typing all this out it feels like reaching for a final stamp of approval from who Taly knows will flip town. This last bit is confbiased from my interpretation of 2601 and its continuation though.
I am reading Taly as town for a few reasons. I'm not sure their engagement being a little weird here is indicative of them being mafia, much less partnered specifically with Sakura
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3715 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:35 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3599, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 2636, Keyleth wrote: I still think, I wanna go spare and send Ydrasse over because with that I'll feel much better with the town core established early because there reads seemed really well written. If that slot is bad then obviously so is my way of handling this game.
I get concerned seeing this shortly after Ydrasse starts to reconsider Keyleth's alignment. Assuming Dunn flips scum we'll need to be careful of this sort of thing, because as we spare consensus town, we get left with the less-consensus town that might have not been spared if the consensus town were still around as stumps or something like that. If Dunn is scum we'll need to be wary of them crafting a scenario where they can slip a deepwolf through to sparing by way of sparing and killing the townies that would otherwise not spare that deepwolf. Like this is obvious I think but should still be stated in case it's missed by anyone.
heheh, big assumption
In post 3608, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 1859, Alisae wrote: okay i caught up
I think
Ari, Bee, Sakura, Shirou, Taly, and Key are all probably town.
Brown eyes is probably town as well.
Then there's Merlyn, Dunn, and Meuh. Meuh is kind of just unreadable to me.
And then there's Dann Implo Mandate
and I think Dann is the most suspicious. I think Dann's read on me is technically fine but I think they overexplained and overjustified it and I think that comes across as wolfy to me. They also screamed wolf to me early.
I think Dann is teammates w/ Implo
In post 2323, Alisae wrote:
In post 2321, Taly wrote:
alisae
vote
meuh
with me
ask me again in 48 hours
I'd also just be happy if you voted Dann
In post 2341, Alisae wrote: Meuh is a really hard player to read but I also have literally no grasp at how it is they play the game.
In post 2343, Alisae wrote: the best way for me to read meuh at the current moment is to flip her
In post 2359, Alisae wrote: You can vote Meuh.
Meuh is an unreadable player to me. I'll probably compromise there.
ok sike on my last post ali is just scum and has spewed that Dann Taly and I are town
Good point. I'm not sure where their outrage is stemming from.
Keyleth
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Keyleth
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3716 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:43 pm

Post by Keyleth »

Dunn what's your personal read on Dann? Am I crazy?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3717 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:44 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3670, Lazy Shirou wrote: I say we pick 3 towniest people and then argue out who is the best one after Taly.

My choice is Kyouko. We can leave a "backup slot" (fourth towniest) in case any of those people are nightkilled.
Taly, ssbm_Kyouko, Lazy Shirou

And then Ydrasse
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3718 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:50 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3716, Keyleth wrote: Dunn what's your personal read on Dann? Am I crazy?
Leaning town but rethinking my placement at the top. That is mostly based off of trusting your read I guess and needing a 5th person to replace meuh (RIP). I could potentially see them as mafia I suppose, but I feel you put forth good reasons to townread them so go with that. I'd say I'm most confident in the 4 names before that and even bingle has looked a bit better to me recently and I am thinking about my early townread on Brown Eyes so maybe they are town. Main suspects right now are Alisae and RCE.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3719 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:52 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 3718, Dunnstral wrote: Main suspects right now are Alisae and RCE.
Please don't flip red
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3720 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:54 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

:wink:
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #3721 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:07 pm

Post by Taly »

dunn
winking is illegal if you're town
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3722 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:08 pm

Post by Taly »

also should i share who i want spared after me, or am i just NK baiting that slot to high hell

i need thoughts from as many people as possible on this
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3723 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:24 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Lol sorry if I tanked your spare chances Ali.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3724 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:26 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 3608, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 1859, Alisae wrote: okay i caught up
I think
Ari, Bee, Sakura, Shirou, Taly, and Key are all probably town.
Brown eyes is probably town as well.
Then there's Merlyn, Dunn, and Meuh. Meuh is kind of just unreadable to me.
And then there's Dann Implo Mandate
and I think Dann is the most suspicious. I think Dann's read on me is technically fine but I think they overexplained and overjustified it and I think that comes across as wolfy to me. They also screamed wolf to me early.
I think Dann is teammates w/ Implo
In post 2323, Alisae wrote:
In post 2321, Taly wrote:
alisae
vote
meuh
with me
ask me again in 48 hours
I'd also just be happy if you voted Dann
In post 2341, Alisae wrote: Meuh is a really hard player to read but I also have literally no grasp at how it is they play the game.
In post 2343, Alisae wrote: the best way for me to read meuh at the current moment is to flip her
In post 2359, Alisae wrote: You can vote Meuh.
Meuh is an unreadable player to me. I'll probably compromise there.
ok sike on my last post ali is just scum and has spewed that Dann Taly and I are town
why does it only spew
dann/you/me
-town?

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”