Open 898: Don't Fall In The Volcano! | Game Over!

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by Aureal »

Votecount 1.10

FakeGod (3)
-> Klick, Black, NekoLover
Klick (1)
-> FakeGod
Claptastik (1)
-> Dannflor
Black (1)
-> Claptastik
NekoLover (1)
-> Skygazer

Not Voting (2)
-> KawaiiKame, DragonEater70

With 9 gladiators in the arena, it takes 5 votes to remove someone from play.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2023-12-26 16:28:30).

Mod Notes: the combined mod ISO can be found here.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:42 pm

Post by NekoLover »

In post 422, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 412, Black wrote: Hi Kawaii :3
Is it only me and you rn?
I'm still present, just don't see much to comment on
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:20 pm

Post by NekoLover »

Also UNVOTE: FakeGod
VOTE: Klick

After reading all that i'm more confident fakegod is town
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:42 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 423, FakeGod wrote:
In post 415, KawaiiKame wrote:I'm not following the logic to voting Klick with town-reading Sky's reasoning and Dragon's post. Is voting Klick PoE? What's your scum case on Klick? If I missed it let me know
Because how short it was since game start, and because the mod's votecount on page 2 did not reflect a E-1 state, a scum player could plausibly place a hammer on Black and evade responsibility Day 2, essentially gaining a free mis-execute. Therefore, this action of holding the E-1 wagon on page 2 is scum-favored.

4 people created the E-1 wagon on page 2. Their names are Klick, NekoLover, DragonEater70, and Skygazer. They held it until Neko unvoted at his earliest convenience, so I would remove Neko from the scum pool. Skygazer is the one who put poor Black on E-1 to begin with, but it was because he thought he saw a scumslip. If I saw a scumslip, I would take the same action he did. Dragon put momentum on the wagon by being the 3rd vote on the wagon, and my initial suspect out of the group (hence my early vote). I admit I did like . It felt a little hare-brained to me, but it could at least stumble through it and see what Dragon was thinking.

This leaves Klick. He said his first vote was RVS vote. Despite seeing Black pushed into E-1, he conveniently sidestepped the issue in his . Seems like he wants the job done but he doesn't want to say so outright. This looks scummy to me.

I hope this explains my voting of Klick to you.
Klick failing to unvote Black at E-1 is sai. Especially failing to in since Klick says,
In post 36, Klick wrote: We put quite a bit of stake in the ability to sort alignment through behaviour,
Leaving Black at E-1 without sorting her alignment through behavior makes 0 sense to me, feels antithetical to what Klick said. This was the perfect time to unvote Black and Klick failed to. Klick may have failed to realize Black was at E-1. At best Klick didn't realize, at worst Klick was content with Black being eliminated page 2.
VOTE: Klick
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:48 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

I'll probably read more in detail later, but right now I think Black is town - I have seen town!Black react this way before to pressure, but I haven't seen scum!Blacl act this way. Of course I could be wrong but whatever.

Klick is still town and the fact that Dann is not explaining his read on Klick means I am not going to explain my read on Klick either.

K bye for now
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:49 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 429, DragonEater70 wrote: I'll probably read more in detail later, but right now I think Black is town - I have seen town!Black react this way before to pressure, but I haven't seen scum!Blacl act this way. Of course I could be wrong but whatever.

Klick is still town and the fact that Dann is not explaining his read on Klick
just to spite me
means I am not going to explain my read on Klick either.

K bye for now
EBWOP
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:13 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Since people (FakeGod in the post Kawaii quoted) are apparently upset about the page 2 wagon still, I am going to say that I think if Black is town then that actually makes Sky a whole less towny in my eyes (my read on Sky was basically "null but unpartnered with Black") and probably the scummiest person on Black's wagon, over Klick.

However reading Kawaii's interaction with FakeGod, yikes. I am pretty sure Kawaii is scum.

VOTE: Kawaii
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:18 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

On second thoughts msybe that's just Kawaii's playstyle, I think I maybe saw similar interactions from them as town before

UNVOTE:

I'll pass final judgment when I am caught up
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:47 pm

Post by NekoLover »

Honestly, my feeling here is that klick + dann is scum; dann in general has felt like scum for just mostly lurking and refusing to share his insight. Klick i've been kinda back and forth on but now I'm just rather firm on the idea that he's scum
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:10 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Interested in your read on Klick

I can definitely vote Dann today.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:23 pm

Post by Black »

In post 433, NekoLover wrote: Honestly, my feeling here is that klick + dann is scum; dann in general has felt like scum for just mostly lurking and refusing to share his insight. Klick i've been kinda back and forth on but now I'm just rather firm on the idea that he's scum
Hey that's my tin foil solve, give it back
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:27 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Sorry Black btw
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:31 pm

Post by Black »

I think Kawaii jumping in and immediately defending FakeGod was a little jarring. I think there's partner equity here

Neko still feels town but a lot of his reads and opinions are unoriginal and he's been getting on and off lots of wagons as they gain/lose momentum. This isn't necessarily scum indicative but it's something I did a lot in my first scum game on the site so it makes me a little wary
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:35 pm

Post by Black »

In post 436, DragonEater70 wrote: Sorry Black btw
Honestly I don't think you did anything that would require you to apologize to me. You're just playing the game. I got a little irritated when you said you were salty about me not engaging with you because it's something Shea does to me a lot and I really hate feeling like I have to engage with someone or else they'll be mad at me. Then you said you didn't give a damn about my Klick read and that bothered me too. But I still don't think you crossed a line. I did however. So I'm sorry for calling you an asshole and being a little brat. I had a really bad day. I'll try to control myself moving forward
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:37 pm

Post by Black »

I try my best to not make things toxic and I think I've been pretty good about it lately. I slipped up today. I'm never going to be fully comfortable getting scumcased for what I consider to be bad reasons but that's no excuse to take it to the level I did
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:38 pm

Post by NekoLover »

In post 435, Black wrote:
In post 433, NekoLover wrote: Honestly, my feeling here is that klick + dann is scum; dann in general has felt like scum for just mostly lurking and refusing to share his insight. Klick i've been kinda back and forth on but now I'm just rather firm on the idea that he's scum
Hey that's my tin foil solve, give it back
Oh yea that is true, I came up with the same read as you lol;

My points I think for
Dann: Dann is just very distant, lurking a fair amount; they haven't spoke much yet except to vote klick, which as DE7 mentioned, it does appear to be distancing between the two. Also writes it off as
In post 324, Dannflor wrote: I think klick is approaching this in a way that doesn’t optically make him look very good
All around I don't like how he's remaining distant and trying to direct votes while also not sharing his town read on klick

Klick: A bit more complicated really; Klick did seem to hard tunnel black a bit early in the game when she was at great risk of being eliminated
In post 184, Klick wrote:
In post 178, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 161, Klick wrote: DragonEater even more town
Read on Black?
I'm not really swayed by your case on Black but regardless I think Black!scum is pretty plausible atp
She needs to start towning yesterday
Considering FakeGod also pointed out that Klick also contributed to Black's page 2 E-1, and I don't have any reason to believe the other two to be scum (DE7, Sky), it feels natural for me to believe it might be those two, given the previous supposed distancing, and their interactions together come off as relatively scummy
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:39 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 438, Black wrote:
In post 436, DragonEater70 wrote: Sorry Black btw
Honestly I don't think you did anything that would require you to apologize to me. You're just playing the game. I got a little irritated when you said you were salty about me not engaging with you because it's something Shea does to me a lot and I really hate feeling like I have to engage with someone or else they'll be mad at me. Then you said you didn't give a damn about my Klick read and that bothered me too. But I still don't think you crossed a line. I did however. So I'm sorry for calling you an asshole and being a little brat. I had a really bad day. I'll try to control myself moving forward
Okay

I wasn't actually mad at you for not engaging with me, it was mostly a joke, so sorry I gave that impression

And I accept your apology <3
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:39 pm

Post by NekoLover »

In post 437, Black wrote: I think Kawaii jumping in and immediately defending FakeGod was a little jarring. I think there's partner equity here
I don't agree with this; I think kawaii was more trying to get a feel for FakeGod's read, and if anything it seemed like she was looking to poke holes in his story
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:43 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

I agree Black's assessment of Kawaii, I also found it jarring
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:43 pm

Post by Black »

In post 440, NekoLover wrote: Dann is just very distant, lurking a fair amount
I'll let Dann respond to your other points but this in particular isn't alignment indicative. Dann has had a busy weekend with family in town so he hasn't been on the site much at all
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:43 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Also for future reference - is saying "I don't give a damn" offensive? I am not a native English speaker and sometimes I give different weight to words than native speakers.
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:44 pm

Post by NekoLover »

In post 444, Black wrote:
In post 440, NekoLover wrote: Dann is just very distant, lurking a fair amount
I'll let Dann respond to your other points but this in particular isn't alignment indicative. Dann has had a busy weekend with family in town so he hasn't been on the site much at all
Yea that's true but it still rubs me the wrong way how he kept his klick town read personal after being called out by DE7 for potentially distancing
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:50 pm

Post by NekoLover »

Honestly, their interactions in general just feel very offputting to be honest
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:55 pm

Post by Black »

In post 411, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 404, Klick wrote:
In post 399, NekoLover wrote:
In post 388, Klick wrote: VOTE: FakeGod
whats the incentive to vote FakeGod here?
In short, I'm not convinced that FakeGod is solving instead of just posting enough out in the open designed to look plausible enough to get by atm
May you please explain this? I just got in so Idk what you mean. What posts show FakeGod not solving?
In post 414, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 413, Black wrote: Had you read anything at all before writing ?
Skimming, definitely need to do in depth reading
Initially I'm seeing a lot of conflict, it's insane
In post 418, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 416, Black wrote:
In post 414, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 413, Black wrote: Had you read anything at all before writing ?
Skimming, definitely need to do in depth reading
Initially I'm seeing a lot of conflict, it's insane
So you skimmed before asking Klick about FakeGod? Did you feel like Fake was solving in the posts you read?
I felt what FakeGod was being reasonable, made sense minus the Klick vote.
I saw making sense initially but now I want elaboration why the poe specifically points to Klick.
I see the observations in as good, sorting through playstyles vs. alignment.
These posts are what gave me the feeling

In the first quote Kawaii mentions that he "just got in" so I got the impression that he didn't do much reading. It seemed weird that he questioned Klick's read right away and the timing made it worse considering the Fake wagon just gained steam

In the second quote he said he had skimmed the game, and in the third quote he gave a detailed analysis of why he thinks Fake is solving. It just felt strange for him to focus in on this one particular thing and it seems clear he spent a bit of time looking at it

I'm not sure if scum!kawaii would defend his buddy so hard right out the gate but it definitely gave me pause

Now that I'm looking at it I feel like Kawaii could be scum in a town!Fake world as well and he was using this as a launching point to make it seem like he's trying to solve. He could be trying a pockety type thing with Fake. I also think some of the stuff Kawaii asked after this felt odd, like the site meta from 5 years ago. I understand being interested in that type of stuff but it doesn't really pertain to this game and it seemed like posting just to post
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:56 pm

Post by Black »

In post 445, DragonEater70 wrote: Also for future reference - is saying "I don't give a damn" offensive? I am not a native English speaker and sometimes I give different weight to words than native speakers.
It gives off the vibe of a really abrasive and aggressive tone and some people don't respond well to that. It's not crossing a line but I had a visceral reaction to it
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”