Open 898: Don't Fall In The Volcano! | Game Over!

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:58 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 418, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 416, Black wrote:
In post 414, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 413, Black wrote: Had you read anything at all before writing ?
Skimming, definitely need to do in depth reading
Initially I'm seeing a lot of conflict, it's insane
So you skimmed before asking Klick about FakeGod? Did you feel like Fake was solving in the posts you read?
I felt what FakeGod was being reasonable, made sense minus the Klick vote.
I saw making sense initially but now I want elaboration why the poe specifically points to Klick.
I see the observations in as good, sorting through playstyles vs. alignment.
I don't like this post and I don't like Kawaii's entrance
In post 423, FakeGod wrote:
In post 415, KawaiiKame wrote:I'm not following the logic to voting Klick with town-reading Sky's reasoning and Dragon's post. Is voting Klick PoE? What's your scum case on Klick? If I missed it let me know
Because how short it was since game start, and because the mod's votecount on page 2 did not reflect a E-1 state, a scum player could plausibly place a hammer on Black and evade responsibility Day 2, essentially gaining a free mis-execute. Therefore, this action of holding the E-1 wagon on page 2 is scum-favored.

4 people created the E-1 wagon on page 2. Their names are Klick, NekoLover, DragonEater70, and Skygazer. They held it until Neko unvoted at his earliest convenience, so I would remove Neko from the scum pool. Skygazer is the one who put poor Black on E-1 to begin with, but it was because he thought he saw a scumslip. If I saw a scumslip, I would take the same action he did. Dragon put momentum on the wagon by being the 3rd vote on the wagon, and my initial suspect out of the group (hence my early vote). I admit I did like . It felt a little hare-brained to me, but it could at least stumble through it and see what Dragon was thinking.

This leaves Klick. He said his first vote was RVS vote. Despite seeing Black pushed into E-1, he conveniently sidestepped the issue in his . Seems like he wants the job done but he doesn't want to say so outright. This looks scummy to me.

I hope this explains my voting of Klick to you.
This, combined with the quote below, sounds like a probably real thought:
Spoiler:
In post 572, FakeGod wrote:
In post 490, Klick wrote:In very brief: I was vaguely aware that Black was at E-1. I didn't care that much about it. In the very early stages of the game I find that sort of stuff somewhat amusing. If people want to do crazy stuff early on, that's their prerogative. Ultimately there's stuff to read into that sort of play. The E-1 contributed to us progressing the thread in a healthy way.

tl;dr risk-averse play during RVS is for losers.
I've come back from work and this post caught my eye. I am saddened.

It seems yet again that I'm faced with the stark reality that there are some players who will draw town and do anti-town things.

I did not expect Klick to just straight up admit that what he did was antitown and he doesn't care.

I have no coherent response.

Maybe page 2 E-1 wagon was just bunch of townies doing stunts, and I am simply... risk-averse.

In post 427, NekoLover wrote: Also UNVOTE: FakeGod
VOTE: Klick

After reading all that i'm more confident fakegod is town
Why'd you vote Klick there?
Spoiler: Kawaii post
In post 428, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 423, FakeGod wrote:
In post 415, KawaiiKame wrote:I'm not following the logic to voting Klick with town-reading Sky's reasoning and Dragon's post. Is voting Klick PoE? What's your scum case on Klick? If I missed it let me know
Because how short it was since game start, and because the mod's votecount on page 2 did not reflect a E-1 state, a scum player could plausibly place a hammer on Black and evade responsibility Day 2, essentially gaining a free mis-execute. Therefore, this action of holding the E-1 wagon on page 2 is scum-favored.

4 people created the E-1 wagon on page 2. Their names are Klick, NekoLover, DragonEater70, and Skygazer. They held it until Neko unvoted at his earliest convenience, so I would remove Neko from the scum pool. Skygazer is the one who put poor Black on E-1 to begin with, but it was because he thought he saw a scumslip. If I saw a scumslip, I would take the same action he did. Dragon put momentum on the wagon by being the 3rd vote on the wagon, and my initial suspect out of the group (hence my early vote). I admit I did like . It felt a little hare-brained to me, but it could at least stumble through it and see what Dragon was thinking.

This leaves Klick. He said his first vote was RVS vote. Despite seeing Black pushed into E-1, he conveniently sidestepped the issue in his . Seems like he wants the job done but he doesn't want to say so outright. This looks scummy to me.

I hope this explains my voting of Klick to you.
Klick failing to unvote Black at E-1 is sai. Especially failing to in since Klick says,
In post 36, Klick wrote: We put quite a bit of stake in the ability to sort alignment through behaviour,
Leaving Black at E-1 without sorting her alignment through behavior makes 0 sense to me, feels antithetical to what Klick said. This was the perfect time to unvote Black and Klick failed to. Klick may have failed to realize Black was at E-1. At best Klick didn't realize, at worst Klick was content with Black being eliminated page 2.
VOTE: Klick

This post by Kawaii is even worse in context

VOTE: Kawaii
In post 486, FakeGod wrote:
In post 476, DragonEater70 wrote:Hmmm

How often have you seen this actually happen?

The only time I've ever seen a page 3 hammer on this site was when a player self voted and dared anyone to hammer him, following which another player decided it was a good policy lim and hammered fully knowing it was a hammer.
Micro 464 is a game I modded where I saw this happen.

Town Doctor was hammered on page 2.
In post 487, Claptastik wrote: Once 8-1/2 years ago is pretty underwhelming.
I agree with Clap but also holy shit that looks like a crazy game.
In post 475, NekoLover wrote:
In post 473, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 467, NekoLover wrote:
In post 466, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 464, NekoLover wrote: I'm still leaning towards klick/dann being scum
Why do you feel dann is scum with klick? Not explaining his klick read?

Not explaining his klick read, his weird interactions with klick; None of it feels really organic at all tbh
Instead of organic you feel it's theatrical? hope dann is delaying explaining his klick read, hope we know why soon.
Yea and if you look at their previous conversation under the light that DE7 shows (potential distancing) The shift in the way they converse after being called out for potentially distancing, with dann instead of suggesting klick could be scum, now is "klick is town but I'm keeping it to myself trust me bro" definitely feels extremely sus
Um what. When did I say Klick/Dann could be distancing???
In post 497, Skygazer wrote: sorry sorry

i guess i'd lean fakegod here because his townread on me felt off
I don't like this, feels like scum coasting
In post 504, Klick wrote:
In post 502, Skygazer wrote: it's bugging me that black made no indication she knew about the gladiator thing until it was heavily hinted at, so maybe she is just scum here
I think Sky's mind is still here
because Sky actually cares about this
because Sky believes in the argument they were making
because Sky is town
In post 505, Klick wrote: Like I think scum!Sky moves on from this when they realise that no one cares about it at the same level they do
It's no longer relevant in the thread narrative
I do like this read though
In post 520, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 515, Black wrote:
In post 511, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 502, Skygazer wrote: it's bugging me that black made no indication she knew about the gladiator thing until it was heavily hinted at, so maybe she is just scum here
Why is this relevant? I wasn't here for this but what? Why does this mean Black may be scum?
Sky thought her townread on Dragon should have been obvious

I didn't think she thought he townslipped because I assumed she knew the sample PMs were in the first post

She thinks I scum slipped because I asked her why she townread Dragon
I-what? I don't get this entirely but it's making slight sense
Being excited at being gladiator = town (since gladiator = town)
Not knowing why being excited at being gladiator is town = scum
There's no way this is a genuine response to the quoted post.
In post 528, Black wrote: VOTE: Dannflor
So did you vote Dannflor because he voted Kawaii, whom you have meta on but Dann doesn't?
Not accusing but just clarifying.
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:01 am

Post by NekoLover »

@Dragon
In post 176, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 144, Black wrote:
In post 143, Dannflor wrote: I would like to roll scum with black one day
Doesn't seem very fair to the town now does it :wink:
In post 145, Black wrote: Rolling scum with you would be fun but I think hydra'ing with you would be even better
In post 147, Dannflor wrote: I don’t really like hydraing but maybe one day I’ll change my mind
In post 148, Black wrote:
In post 138, Dannflor wrote: Black town
I'm curious where this read comes from
Nice distancing, I'm apparently too good though cause I'm seeing right through it.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:02 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Dann/Black is not the same as Dann/Klick though
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:03 am

Post by NekoLover »

In post 727, DragonEater70 wrote: Dann/Black is not the same as Dann/Klick though
OH my bad, For some reason my brain thought it was dann/klick
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:23 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Spoiler: catchup post full of one-word responses
In post 551, Skygazer wrote: fakegod's townread on me also feels off idk
Why
In post 552, Skygazer wrote:
In post 550, Dannflor wrote: i think there are some people on this playerlist who might be likely to follow me onto the wagon of my choosing
sure

VOTE: clap
Don't likey
In post 585, Klick wrote: I feel like the reads in this game have splintered all over the place over the last few pages. It feels unnatural and is probably caused at least in part by scum
What do you mean?
In post 586, Klick wrote:
In post 534, Black wrote:
In post 533, Klick wrote:
In post 532, Black wrote:
In post 531, Dannflor wrote: kawaii is just asking a lot of nothing questions and kind of commentating the game

i don't super feel they are invested in finding scum
They do that as town
I concur, I think it's playstyle

My source is this game
What is your read on Dannflor?
I lean town
His approach feels very naturally similar to this game
I like his progression on me and him using his weight to project a townread on you
It feels like he cares about that for town reasons and not scum-trying-to-get-townread reasons

It's not solid, he obviously understands optics well, but I think he's +town atm and don't want him gone today at all
Agreed
In post 591, Klick wrote:
In post 548, Skygazer wrote: yeah 504 seemed off to me too, and i'm skeptical that klick townreads me here. the reasoning for the townread feels like a reach too
Who are you saying this to, and why do you think it's a reach?

I don't think I'd want to drop a flat townread on your slot if you're town and I were scum, frankly
Agreed
In post 595, Klick wrote:
In post 579, DragonEater70 wrote: Meh

I promise I'll read everything that transpired since my fight with Black at SOME point, but I am not sure it will be today because like Black I also got a job recently and have less time for mafia during the day.

And I already have plans for this evening.

I am still anti-voting Klick and will continue to do so until I see a good case against him (which I haven't seen yet. 504 is a pretty NAI post).

Also if Klick is Dann's partner we should vote Dann.
In post 580, Dannflor wrote: Maybe dragon is scum
I don't see who Dragon is scum with in this scenario though
Like in a vacuum I can see why 579 looks scummy. But most variations of scum!Dragon should be pretty satisfied with the game narrative and not have a huge reason to draw attention peddling the Klick/Dann theory

If it were like Dragon/FakeGod, then I'm not sure why Dragon is putting pressure on us just as FakeGod has removed his vote on me. It's discordant
It's weird from a Dragon/Clap team as well

I could maaaaybe see Dragon/Kawaii coordinating in this way?
Funny post
In post 599, DragonEater70 wrote: Also I might be sick

I wasn't planning to catch up today but now I am planning even less.
Btw I was sick but am healthy now!
In post 602, Black wrote: I like that Clap preemptively looked at both Dann's meta and my meta. He didn't try to flaunt that he did it but instead he brought it up when it was relevant or he was asked about a read. It makes me feel like he's trying to solve the game and I'm back to thinking he's probably town
Agreed. But when did you previously call him town?
In post 563, Claptastik wrote:
In post 561, Black wrote:
In post 559, Claptastik wrote: Currently I have black, neko, de70, and you north of null
Why did your opinion of me change
First, some players I town read said this isn't your scum game.

Second, I did some meta and agree with your self assessment that you handle pressure better as scum.

Interestingly, I was doing meta on you and dann, and came across a scum game of yours where you replaced out, and dann took the slot. I thought that was pretty funny. But yeah, you were getting pressure, and you weren't freaking out.
Yeah this is a good post
In post 631, Dannflor wrote: do you have recent thoughts on claptastik
Yes. Very town.
In post 656, Skygazer wrote:
In post 592, Klick wrote: Is the reason that you're skeptical I townread you related to me generally expressing that I find you hard to read in the past?
yea
Okay this is actually towny
In post 659, Skygazer wrote: i don't like 650
I agree
In post 670, Black wrote: ^ not really liking this post

Town that is aware they are tunneling typically tries to reverse that or reevaluate

"I'm a new player and I need to hold onto something for my sanity" sounds like a pretty convoluted excuse to stop solving
I agree
In post 667, Claptastik wrote:
In post 661, FakeGod wrote:
In post 654, Claptastik wrote:Per the wiki, back in your day scummy and anti-town were distinct things.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Scummy

I've read most of the wiki but unfortunately it's largely outdated.
Jesus christ I can't beat you on anything, can I?

I can't wait to wipe that smirk off your face when you see my flip.
Lol what makes you think I can get you limmed? The site BSDs are in charge, and they're unlikely to follow new guy's lead.
What's "BSDs"?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:23 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 728, NekoLover wrote:
In post 727, DragonEater70 wrote: Dann/Black is not the same as Dann/Klick though
OH my bad, For some reason my brain thought it was dann/klick
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:41 am

Post by Claptastik »

Big Swinging Dicks. I guess it's an outdated term now.
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:44 am

Post by NekoLover »

In post 731, Claptastik wrote: Big Swinging Dicks. I guess it's an outdated term now.
What the fuck does that mean
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:53 am

Post by Claptastik »

Just like big shots.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:12 am

Post by Klick »

Right. Time to solve.

I'm feeling really low energy but I'm hoping I can just sit down and get in the zone
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:22 am

Post by Klick »

I'm going to start with things that I feel rather confident about atm and want to reaffirm

I think DragonEater and Skygazer are top town and I don't think reevaluating there is productive at all
I'm also going to be writing off Dann and Black for the day - I feel there's stuff there from both of them that feels towny, and while I think they're both strong scum players who could have me feeling this way in the current position as scum, I think we benefit from assuming both of them are town for the moment

Leaving {Neko, Claptastik, Kawaii, FakeGod}

I have felt that Neko is town but that has been vague and past its expiry date so it's due a more concrete examination
I think if Clap is scum here he is playing a pretty solid game, but I think a more critical look is in order
I can't quite identify why I gut townread Kawaii's early approach, and with limited options I lean towards that read just being inaccurate and scum being here
I have looked at FakeGod's ISO for quite a while previously and frankly don't see much of a reason to remove them from the PoE at all, but I'm open to the possibility that they just aren't towntelling in a way that I can pick up on

There's my baseline before starting
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:50 am

Post by NekoLover »

I've come to the conclusion that trying to sort people out before the first flip is going to be impossible for me, given that I don't know anyones playstyles, so i'm just gonna reset all of my reads to neutral and not try to read anyone before the first flip because I don't have a baseline to compare to
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:52 am

Post by NekoLover »

If it gets me eliminated so be it because even after reading over logs I don't see anything
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:55 am

Post by Black »

"Resetting reads to neutral" doesn't really feel like something I would be able to do as town. Even without prior knowledge of playstyles or anything, there are just going to be people you should find less or more likely to be scum/town
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:56 am

Post by Black »

Neko what are your thoughts on Kawaii?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
NekoLover
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
NekoLover
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:56 am

Post by NekoLover »

In post 738, Black wrote: "Resetting reads to neutral" doesn't really feel like something I would be able to do as town. Even without prior knowledge of playstyles or anything, there are just going to be people you should find less or more likely to be scum/town
Not at all, 90% of this day 1 is just "They acted like this in this scum game" and at this point I legitimately have no reads on anyone because most of it relies on knowing each others playstyle and metaing the shit outta them
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:03 pm

Post by Black »

In post 740, NekoLover wrote:
In post 738, Black wrote: "Resetting reads to neutral" doesn't really feel like something I would be able to do as town. Even without prior knowledge of playstyles or anything, there are just going to be people you should find less or more likely to be scum/town
Not at all, 90% of this day 1 is just "They acted like this in this scum game" and at this point I legitimately have no reads on anyone because most of it relies on knowing each others playstyle and metaing the shit outta them
I can see where you're coming from
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:08 pm

Post by Klick »

My only prior experience with Kawaii was in Monkey Business. If I did anything good in that game, it was finding Kawaii as town immediately and repeatedly insisting that everyone kept them alive. I thought Kawaii was obvtown because they seemed to really care about the reads they were giving to the thread. Their takes felt really genuine, and they weren't afraid to go against the grain to give what they believed about the game. They formed a worldview and it showed in their posting.

I don't get any of that here? What I feel from Kawaii's ISO in this game is a lot more cold, removed, and descriptive. It feels like there's a concerted effort to show a coherent thought process, without the oomph behind it. Reading these posts, it feels like Kawaii is developing the complexity of their points as they're making them:
In post 577, KawaiiKame wrote: Dann-I like Dann's switch in thought about Clap/Klick in and , they show a fluidity in thinking and attention to detail specifically to Klick's words in . Though I disagree with Dann's conclusion of Klick feeling performative with replication, I do feel Klick is off this game; letting things happen instead of actively pursuing anyone. Dann's switch in thought is specifically surprising since he defended Klick previously in , , Is this potentially distancing between Dann/Klick? Yes. Does this feel like a natural switch in thought with Dann reflecting on the game? Yes. Though partner equity between Dann/Klick exists it's lessened with this change in thought.
What concerns me though is this,
In post 550, Dannflor wrote:
In post 547, Black wrote: Why are you voting Clap over Klick when it seems pretty obvious that there is a bigger appetite for a Klick wagon
i don't feel as confident in my read on klick

i think clap flips scum a lot of the time

i think there are some people on this playerlist who might be likely to follow me onto the wagon of my choosing
if Dann is scum he has the persuasive power to both and himself from Klick and to convince Black to vote clap twice in (off of klick), and to e-2. in defending and distancing from Klick, Black is a focal point, Dann mirroring her,
In post 327, Black wrote: I just think it seems really convenient to hop on my wagon despite not agreeing with any of the reasons why I could be scum
In post 328, Dannflor wrote: I think it’s reasonable for klick to want to pressure you

He doesn’t have to think you are lock scum like dragon to want to put pressure on you to sort you
In post 540, Black wrote:
In post 538, Dannflor wrote: think klick/claptastik is still my top 360 no-scope pick for a scum team actually
In post 539, Dannflor wrote: I don't know with Klick I like instantly felt that something was off about how he was posting
This is hard to believe considering you townread him for *reasons* and tried to dismantle his wagon
What I mean by mirroring is Dann being defensive when Black is being accusatory, then Dann reflecting Black's klick read in thinking but not in action. Dann sees Black as town twice in and
I agree with Dann in Black being town. When initially reading the interactions between black and dann about klick made sense. If it's town/town both have diverging ways of thinking that end up to close to the same conclusions. If it's scum/town then Dann is pocketing Black. If scum/scum then this is a masterclass in deception especially with in the game. The back and forth between black and dann feels way too organic to be calculated so I highly doubt scum parity exists between them. Dann's change in and flow of thought is in line with solving so I feel he slightly leans town at the edge of nai; his scum parity in potentially defending, distancing, and derailing votes off of klick weighing dann down. Since Klick is my highest scumread I want to flip Klick to see if Dann is town/scum.
In post 722, KawaiiKame wrote: Klick is insanely flippant this game, not only failing to unvote Black in , but noticing she was and straight up not caring,
In post 490, Klick wrote: I was vaguely aware that Black was at E-1. I didn't care that much about it
This is sai, why would town notice and not care? Because it's funny? For the meme? Doesn't make sense to me at all.

Klick continues to not make sense, voting Black again in , citing he's happy with the "game running narrative", refusing to elaborate. Why is Klick happy with seeing Black as scum? What info is gained with this view? How does falling into this belief help solve?

Klick keeps going,
In post 310, Klick wrote:
In post 290, Black wrote:
In post 278, DragonEater70 wrote: and I am going to make your life hard, intentionally
Like what the fuck is this? You don't want to sort me. You just want to be right about me so you can say "OoO I caught scum Black!!11!!"

I'M TOWN
If you're town I'm the wrong person to counter-push. I somewhat understand your concerns about my vote on you, but I feel that most of the votes on me have been just as lazy, and the difference is just that the vote is on you instead of me.

We're in similar spots if you're town. If that's the case then I think the scum are more likely to be in the quieter crowd.
Klick states, "most of the votes on me have been just as lazy, and the difference is just that the vote is on you instead of me"
Why is Klick voting Black without reason and saying the votes on Black are lazy?

It's like saying, "Ik the votes on you including mine are lazy but the votes on me including yours are lazy too"
This whole thing is a giant "No U" that Klick initiated by voting Black only to basically say, "We're the same"
If Klick is town then he makes a really good observation on their mutual positions and scum playstyle. But if Klick is town why is his playstyle so sai? Voting Black a 2nd time (to E-2) with 0 attempt to solve. Like why? Klick even admits he doesn't agree with any reasons to be voting Black,
In post 316, Klick wrote:
In post 313, Black wrote:Klick's townplay is generally very good and I'm legitimately shocked he agrees with some of the reasons being presented against me, so I think it's more likely he's just scum going along with the easy counterwagon
I agree with zero of the reasons but I don't think that means you're town
Klick redeems himself with this unvote,
In post 336, Klick wrote:
In post 321, Dannflor wrote: I think Black is more likely to be town right now. I dont have a lock read yet but im confident i can get a very confident read there given enough time

I have an extremely good record of reading Black and if people can find me as town it would be cool if people trusted that

Dragon I believe it’s obvious he wants to catch scum!black and will do so by tunneling her regardless of her alignment so he can say he caught her
UNVOTE:
I'll take this. I'm not really 100% here atm but I'm willing to have a look at what you mean with Clap later
Klick realizing voting Black is a mistake and unvoting her is good play, it's either town Klick waking up or scum Klick seeing eliminating Black doesn't have enough support. Pretty nai but it does lessen Klick's scum behavior since this is town behavior.

Klick then goes onto lead the charge against FakeGod accusing him of having fake thoughts,
In post 493, Klick wrote: I acknowledge that FakeGod had some content in their ISO that looked like solving on the surface
My point was rather that the content itself felt forced, felt like it was driven by what FakeGod wanted to push into the thread rather than what FakeGod thought. It felt like the purpose of their posting was to look a certain way, as opposed to just solving. And that bothered me.
I'm seeing a shift in thought/approach once the 2nd Black vote fell, hopefully Klick is close to a solve he hoped to have in the beginning,
In post 241, Klick wrote: I feel like I'm close to having enough information to try to infer some sort of solve but I'm not quite there yet.
This is what I want most from Klick now. In alignment he's a slight scum lean to me with getting Black to E-2 in the 2nd vote then unvoting her and changing play.
It feels significantly different from what I've just read over in Monkey Business.

I could see Kawaii being scum here
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by Black »

You've played Mafia before though so there should be things you think are more or less likely to be scum indicative. Meta is used but it shouldn't be the leading factor in any case, unless it's just obvious

Can you go over what you think about kawaii so far?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by Black »

^ @Neko
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:11 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 741, Black wrote:
In post 740, NekoLover wrote:
I can see where you're coming from
Hiya
I'm doing Neko next, and atm I'm very much back in 'Neko is obvtown' camp
But I don't know how effectively I can put the read into words

It would help quite a bit if I could dialogue it with you if you're around for a bit
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:14 pm

Post by Dannflor »

my gut instinct about neko is that new scum often use the "idk what's going on i have no reads" as a shield, however, i feel that neko is different because there seems to be some genuine frustration around not getting a bead on anyone. that is, it seems more like a genuinely difficult situation for neko to be in and not just a convenient position to take up.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:14 pm

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: kawaii
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:15 pm

Post by Klick »

A very succinct summary is that Neko reads as extremely genuine and is having legitimate struggles that he would be having here if he were town, and they'd have to be significantly faked if they were scum

But not only that, they'd have to be
regularly
and
consistently
faked

If Neko is scum why is he reminding us every other post that he is new and struggling to form reads

I believe that most scum with amorphous social deduction experience but no MS experience would be putting in at least minimal effort to avoid using the 'new card' as a crutch
But Neko just looks like he's saying it because it's where his head is actually at
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:15 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 746, Dannflor wrote: my gut instinct about neko is that new scum often use the "idk what's going on i have no reads" as a shield, however, i feel that neko is different because there seems to be some genuine frustration around not getting a bead on anyone. that is, it seems more like a genuinely difficult situation for neko to be in and not just a convenient position to take up.
Haha yeah

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”