Mini Theme 2328: Death Note: Second Page. Day 3!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:04 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 224, ActionDan wrote:
In post 190, Aureal wrote:
In post 118, ActionDan wrote: I might have found Aureal's aggression and questioning towny if it weren't for her being in the wrong at every turn. It sours me.
What on earth does that mean? What am I wrong about?
As many have said Klick's entrance is doodoo.
You explain this too please.
It would require an essay to explain every fallacy in your conversation with the Hydra - I really don't care to do that.

As for Klick he came in and engaged with a trivial post and his rejoinder was not germane
In post 194, Aureal wrote:
In post 125, ActionDan wrote: @cuddles : I can't shake that your post 7 and 8 doesn't come from scum. Rest of your hydra's posting is fine.
In post 7, CUDDLE TIME wrote: VOTE: HIGH PRINCESS SCUMRINYS

We've been opposite alignments for 4 games in a row, don't see a reason it would change now.
In post 8, CUDDLE TIME wrote: Okay bye I'm going to play the marathon NewD3 now.
????

The first one totally sounds like something I would say, and I'm always town so maaaaaybe I could kinda see it being towny (but really that's probably just a personal quirk of mine). But I definitely disagree on the second, it feels somewhat pre-emptively defensive to need to announce that you're leaving to do something else.
I allow myself some idiosyncrasies to how I judge some early statements. I wasn't married to the read but after post 164 I'm quite happy with it.
In post 221, Klick wrote:
In post 218, Hu Tao wrote: My big question about this is why does it matter if they are follower or Kira? Even if they are follower and not Kira, voting them off is still good (just want to say this is from your point of view not mine, I don't have a read on hpe currently but I'll check after this)
Because HPE might let it slip that ActionDan is Kira
You're welcome to share that.
paul harrell is that you
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:29 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 211, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 200, Aureal wrote:
In post 179, CUDDLE TIME wrote: When we flip town
Um

Like, after the game is over?

*confusion*
Ngl I forgot about that mechanic :lol:

My memory is so bad

-Black
I think I am locking Aureal as town

Black I am looking at you with squinty eyes

Lick can hang out in town lead for a bit

I want to scum read Dan, but now that this is just the way he is, so I dunno

Hu I can never figure out D1

Bone I think is town

UNVOTE:
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:30 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 226, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 211, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 200, Aureal wrote:
In post 179, CUDDLE TIME wrote: When we flip town
Um

Like, after the game is over?

*confusion*
Ngl I forgot about that mechanic :lol:

My memory is so bad

-Black
I think I am locking Aureal as town

Black I am looking at you with squinty eyes

Lick can hang out in town lead for a bit

I want to scum read Dan, but now that this is just the way he is, so I dunno

Hu I can never figure out D1

Bone I think is town

UNVOTE:
K-Lick I mean
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:31 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 218, Hu Tao wrote: My big question about this is why does it matter if they are follower or Kira? Even if they are follower and not Kira, voting them off is still good (just want to say this is from your point of view not mine, I don't have a read on hpe currently but I'll check after this)
This train of thought confuses me. Clearly you think HPE has likely
already
let it slip. So I don't understand what more there would be to gain here. We're not going to get confirmation of HPE being follower or not. And you saying to all of us that you think Dan could be Kira to HPE's follower, if true surely just makes them that much more careful to try not to look like that. I don't know why you would say it if you're only just thinking it's a possibility, so this doesn't feel like a real thought that you have and that distresses me. :(
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:32 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 222, Hu Tao wrote: Okay I was gonna have him as town but if he can make those kind of posts as scum, then I shouldn't.

T-Bone can you send me a random scum game of yours?
Why do I hate this post so much?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:58 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 229, Aureal wrote:
In post 222, Hu Tao wrote: Okay I was gonna have him as town but if he can make those kind of posts as scum, then I shouldn't.

This is why I don't try to figure out Hu on D1

She is a bit like Alianna though, in a much much more subtle way, she will show herself as town when you least expect it.......but also can easily be exposed as scum
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:10 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 199, Aureal wrote:
In post 167, T-Bone wrote: For what it's worth if I was just reading dragon I'd probably have a small town lean because he engaged with my criticism instead of deflecting. I'm deciding, and I'm probably not going to decide right now, whether that's because the slot is actually town or dragon realizes how obviously scummy black is and is quickly covering up for it. I suppose that could be true regardless of their alignment. What I read as dragon's genuine attempt to engage with the game quickly turned into an uphill battle for dragon to counter everything black was posting. I'm always going to read dissonance as scummy because it's not something that serves any purpose for the town but easy to kick up the game with if you're scum. I believe scum will always do the easy things when it serves them. I think when you're a hydra you have to be held to a higher standard than an individual player because presumably you can plan out your posts in general, discuss your reads, and be helpful if you're town. It's a higher burden sure, but when the other side of that coin is easy nonsense you can do as scum I think it's a fair burden to ask a hydra slot to meet.
Note to self: never hydra in a game that has T-Bone in it :eek:
I'm coming for all the hydras call me Hercules
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:11 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 206, Hu Tao wrote: I'm going to take a nap. I'll catch up later
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:12 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 215, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 173, Klick wrote: I'm willing to expand on my thoughts on the CUDDLE TIME slot with the understanding that this is as far as I'm willing to take the discussion for at least like 24 hours; I don't want this to become the line of discourse that dominates my airwaves

In essence, I townread CUDDLE TIME because they've shown several instances of posting that has a clear focus on solving and making solving possible. This is from multiple heads. I don't believe the current goal from any of them is to get townread. There's an aggressive approach from them that seems to be trying to make plays happen early with the intent of drumming up info. This is very consistent from what I'd expect of town!Dragon and kind of town!Black as well.
I've come to the same conclusion. I got what I needed to be able to read both black and dragon. I'm pretty familiar with them and I feel confident in reading them. They both replied in a way that I feel town them would. Do you have familiarity with T-Bone? Is he known as a very strong scum player?
I'm the best of all time.

I should probably multi-quote but I wasn't expecting all these things I wanted to sub-tweet!

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:20 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 233, T-Bone wrote:
In post 173, Klick wrote: I'm willing to expand on my thoughts on the CUDDLE TIME slot with the understanding that this is as far as I'm willing to take the discussion for at least like 24 hours; I don't want this to become the line of discourse that dominates my airwaves

In essence, I townread CUDDLE TIME because they've shown several instances of posting that has a clear focus on solving and making solving possible. This is from multiple heads. I don't believe the current goal from any of them is to get townread. There's an aggressive approach from them that seems to be trying to make plays happen early with the intent of drumming up info. This is very consistent from what I'd expect of town!Dragon and kind of town!Black as well.
I've come to the same conclusion. I got what I needed to be able to read both black and dragon. I'm pretty familiar with them and I feel confident in reading them. They both replied in a way that I feel town them would. Do you have familiarity with T-Bone? Is he known as a very strong scum player?

I should probably multi-quote but I wasn't expecting all these things I wanted to sub-tweet!
Not the best at quoting posts amirite
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:47 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 229, Aureal wrote:

That's a question you'd need to ask yourself
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:50 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 233, T-Bone wrote:

Can you send me a scum game of yours please. I tried looking through your threads but you have too many 😭
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:24 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 228, Aureal wrote:
already
let it slip. So I don't understand what more there would be to gain here. We're not going to get confirmation of HPE being follower or not. And you saying to all of us that you think Dan could be Kira to HPE's follower, if true surely just makes them that much more careful to try not to look like that. I don't know why you would say it if you're only just thinking it's a possibility, so this doesn't feel like a real thought that you have and that distresses me. :(
The post you quoted is mostly me trying to answer Hu Tao with as little information as possible. Because several people at this point want to extract everything they can out of my reasoning before neither HPE nor ActionDan give an adequate response.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:25 pm

Post by Gimli »

considering the amount of heat the hydra is getting for being a hydra, it's unlikely that that's kira
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:38 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 189, Aureal wrote:
In post 107, Gimli wrote: aureal and black/cuddle are towny, black's townread on aureal matches my impressions.

HPE is always hard to grasp but this game it seems to be a bit on edge like nervous?

klick entered the game with a comment I dislike and I tried several times to write out the reasoning but meh maybe later
Could you please elaborate on that reasoning? I don't understand why you dislike Klick's comment, I think he's correctly predicting that there's going to be hydra dissonance with that set of players (yes, I know that's what the next few pages are gonna be about). And that, as he said, he's talking about Drew's post being a non sequitur because there hadn't been hydra dissonance
yet
nobody needs to predict a 4 person hydra is gonna have dissonance, so entering the game with that felt awkward like he had to chime into whatever the current conversation was even though it was a pointless one

also about klick, I'm bothered by the fast townreads in a setup that greatly enhances the likelihood players will appear towny, especially kira
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:46 pm

Post by Gimli »

I changed my mind I think klick is town

klick, aureal, cuddle is my townpile
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:48 pm

Post by Gimli »

VOTE: HPE
I'll tie your legs
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:07 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 237, Klick wrote:
already
The post you quoted is mostly me trying to answer Hu Tao with as little information as possible. Because several people at this point want to extract everything they can out of my reasoning before neither HPE nor ActionDan give an adequate response.
Okay... fine...

I'm totally lost with whatever is going on here with you guys.

VOTE: ActionDan
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:09 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 238, Gimli wrote: considering the amount of heat the hydra is getting for being a hydra, it's unlikely that that's kira
I don't agree with that reasoning at all, but I am starting to get something of a townread on
some
of the heads so I guess they can at least be more nullish for now.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:17 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 240, Gimli wrote: I changed my mind I think klick is town

klick, aureal, cuddle is my townpile
Wow, that was fast, wanna explain?

You weren't kidding about it being easier to look town in this setup, though. Here I am: Kira, the god of the new world, and several people are already racing to townread me. Maybe Enchant sent out too many follower PMs. :thinking:
-furtiveglance
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:19 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 243, Aureal wrote:
In post 238, Gimli wrote: considering the amount of heat the hydra is getting for being a hydra, it's unlikely that that's kira
I don't agree with that reasoning at all, but I am starting to get something of a townread on
some
of the heads so I guess they can at least be more nullish for now.
yeah okay

say you're a follower and cuddle is kira, you wouldn't go 'put it to e-1 and I'll hammer cause hydra', right? you wouldn't appeal to that being reasonable in the thread.

and we had hu tao, tbone and... fuck I forgot who else. but regardless that makes the pool of followers in a cuddle!kira world much more strict than every other slot in the game right now
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:28 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 244, Aureal wrote: Wow, that was fast, wanna explain?

You weren't kidding about it being easier to look town in this setup, though. Here I am: Kira, the god of the new world, and several people are already racing to townread me. Maybe Enchant sent out too many follower PMs. :thinking:
I caught up with the pages and klick's evaluation of HPE feels like he is working out the game plus I agree that a scummy act is way more likely to be a follower than kira

what I'm getting from HPE is something else that makes it just as likely that it is kira

in general though only the followers will be scummy, at first, cause they have extra information and something very dear to protect
I'll tie your legs
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:26 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 215, Hu Tao wrote: *snip*

Then why are you still voting us?

Also, do you have any thoughts on anything else in the game except this slot and T-Bone? For exampe do you have a read on HPE? And on Aureal?
Can you send me a scum game of yours please. I tried looking through your threads but you have too many 😭
He was scum in this one:
viewtopic.php?t=90333

You are welcome.

- Dragon
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:28 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 237, Klick wrote:
already
I misread your post before. I thought you were directly saying you thought HPE slipped that I was Kira not that they have the chance to maybe do so. I would like to know what adequate response you are expecting? Because as far I can tell I'm not being accused of anything. If you had reasons to throw my name there instead of anyone else's then you're welcome to share them.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:03 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 246, Gimli wrote:
In post 244, Aureal wrote: Wow, that was fast, wanna explain?

I caught up with the pages and klick's evaluation of HPE feels like he is working out the game plus I agree that a scummy act is way more likely to be a follower than kira

what I'm getting from HPE is something else that makes it just as likely that it is kira

in general though only the followers will be scummy, at first, cause they have extra information and something very dear to protect
Kira's basically SK, yeah? Why wouldn't they be scummy?
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”