Mini Theme 2328: Death Note: Second Page. Day 3!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:59 pm

Post by Enchant »

Vote Count

Official Vote Count 1.06

ExecutionWith
votes in play, it takes
to execute someone.

Klick
(2): Radical Rat, Doctor Drew
Gimli
(2): CUDDLE TIME, Aureal
ActionDan
(2): Gimli, HighPrincessErinys
Aureal
(1): Hu Tao
HighPrincessErinys
(1): ActionDan

Not Voting
(2): Little Will o' Wisp, Klick

Deadline:
(expired on 2024-02-27 17:44:05).

Grace Period: No one can be hammered for (expired on 2024-02-18 17:44:05)

Mod notes: c
Last edited by Enchant on Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:10 pm

Post by Klick »

Who is Kay?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:11 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 514, Doctor Drew wrote: Using STD's general play style to find Kira seems like a fools game

Wouldn't Kira want to be out there?
STD's kira is an example of the behaviour that I think you're more likely going to see, not because of personality alone but for the social dynamics established with their followers. there are games in which you're going to be more visible because you're being pushed or having strong interactions in thread. kira's followers don't want to deal meaningfully with kira because that's the piece of TMI they want to shield, that pushes the player with the kira role to stay more under the radar. I think klick has been townie and I'm happy to try and build a wagon on the name he picked.

are you townreading AD?
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:14 pm

Post by Gimli »

if you're not townreading AD then you could push that nullread and see what happens
I'll tie your legs
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:14 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

This game is hard. And we get no flips
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:17 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 526, Klick wrote: Who is Kay?
Kay... K... Kira...
HMMMM
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:24 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 527, Gimli wrote:
In post 514, Doctor Drew wrote: Using STD's general play style to find Kira seems like a fools game

STD's kira is an example of the behaviour that I think you're more likely going to see, not because of personality alone but for the social dynamics established with their followers. there are games in which you're going to be more visible because you're being pushed or having strong interactions in thread. kira's followers don't want to deal meaningfully with kira because that's the piece of TMI they want to shield, that pushes the player with the kira role to stay more under the radar. I think klick has been townie and I'm happy to try and build a wagon on the name he picked.

are you townreading AD?
I am not scum reading them
In post 528, Gimli wrote: if you're not townreading AD then you could push that nullread and see what happens
Are trying to change the narrative here?

I hope you saw that my issue isn't with pushing Dan per se, my issue is more that it is you and Klick leading the charge
In post 530, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
Kay... K... Kira...
HMMMM
Did the math, it all checks out
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:38 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 524, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 523, Klick wrote:
In post 408, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 403, Klick wrote:
In post 400, Doctor Drew wrote:It was Rat's confidence when going back and forth with you that makes me think they are town.

And it is the way you wilted, like you knew you wouldn't be able to make them look bad since they were looking so town, so you had to do a hard left turn and somehow decide they are town.
Like I don't get how you post the first sentence and think 'yeah that's reasonable' and then post the second sentence and think 'yeah Klick had to SOMEHOW decide Rat was town' instead of me using, you know, the same evidence as you
That is possible, I did look back and saw some progression
This was the last thing you said to me

Your scumread on me and refusal to 'vote with me' is political
Well I don't really see Dan as scum, I don't like your interactions with Kay, and yes.....I saw the progression you made with Rat(which makes my scum read on you a little less strong)......but I still don't like the interaction you had with them......as I described earlier.

So you can call it whatever you want, but I just can't see myself voting with you here.

Also, as I said a few posts ago, I don't like Gimli's take on how we should find Kira, I didn't elaborate since I was hoping to here from him sooner......but seems so, contrived(I think that is the word I am looking for lol). Like he is purposely leaving out certain people on purpose.

Also is a variant of Lim all lurkers, which I always hate on D1.

So with you too kinda working in lockstep, no sir I am staying far away from that wagon
This sounds like a lot of poor excuses to be against the status quo

You're intentionally not looking into ActionDan
There's no one named 'Kay' in this game
And I've addressed the situation with Rat as far as it goes logically, and you're just kind of holding your hands up and going '...well it's bad anyway'.

If you're town then I don't know if you just actively distrust my play style or what. But your reasons for suspecting me are ill-defined and don't justify a blanket refusal to vote anywhere I'm voting without even looking into the guy.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:39 pm

Post by Klick »

In order to win a game of Mafia the members of the town have to work together. There aren't that many of us. If you're one of them, get with the program.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:39 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 318, Gimli wrote: his read on HPE has investigative depth that could be harder to think of when scum
This continues to be objectively wrong and perhaps selectively wrong. I do not mind the thinner town reads on Drew / Hu tao as presented in 307 and 313 but this is notably not cut from the same organic cloth.

This is basically repeated in 319 and 324 both of which I agree with (mostly Hydra is still likely town).

there's a fair amount that's underwhelming with posts 327 and 329. My posting was minimal but at the very least contains all the ingredients of typical scumhunting. In addition to "positions" which of course could receive pushback and are no where near indemnified from such (see: Aureal), there is a vote and at questions in the pursuit of that vote addressed to HPE. As concerns Klick specifically I am faulted for holding back opinions on what amounts to an accusation that I am HPE's Kira because I instead opted to ask about it. So I am damned if I give "positions" or refrain from them no matter what in Klick's world.

337; Well am I? You said I was setting something up. Which read am I setting up? Usually that means one that's lasting with scant evidence.

345:
In post 345, Klick wrote: They are looking at my play through a lens that recognises some parts of what I am doing and how it's beneficial, or at least how I view it as beneficial. That's why they're saying 'solving' and 'analysis' and you're saying 'what?'.
No shot you think this of Gimli or would you really consider your hypothesis of HPE as a follower as integral to solving and primo analysis. Additionally on another point from the same post: followers openly defending Kira does not have much drawback in a game with no flips.

346 is a perfect encapsulation of every position I don't agree with about Klick and Gimli. I've mentioned as much with 379 that Klick should not have expected any more reaction to his "play" than what I gave - which was obvious skepticism and a question since you know he was holding back his actual opinions. The "Investigative depth" here concerns HPE re: Gimli; I am a separate topic. Though I would strongly argue the investigation Klick opted for is far removed from any depth in my case as well.

347 and 348: The culprit causing friction is this:
In post 348, CUDDLE TIME wrote: I've been townreading Klick for a while now (perhaps for bad reasons, but with his posting I feel I'm more likely to be right for the wrong reasons than just wrong).
You shouldn't be. I still don't understand where this comes from because currently "Klick's 2nd post" is the reason. So I'll say the same I said of Drew, what content is there that you are confident is town on its own merits? Do you not think Rat's 324 is to them a stronger reason to vote Klick over Gimli?

RR's posting over the last few pages 13-15 is obviously town. Not from confidence of his posts, its the content and thought process behind it.
In post 414, CUDDLE TIME wrote: I don't TR Klick due to meta. I TR him due to his play this game. I just feel confident about my ability to find him as town since I've done it before. But it isn't a "meta-read" as much as a "meta-adjusted read".
In this case please pinpoint Klick posts that continue to lead you in this direction?

501 I do like this post.

---

I continue to think HPE has not particularly worked to develop any reads. The only time I saw anything was the on-the-fence supposition about me earlier and claiming that reading Drew's ISO made them think town. On the whole, I think {Klick, Gilmi, HPE} are the scummiest players in this game and am very comfortable voting any of them.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:46 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Scratch that from the record lol
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:00 pm

Post by Enchant »

Doctor Drew being replaced. Stand by.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:08 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

chat this one thinks he mixed up games
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:00 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 509, Gimli wrote: I'm also fine with HPE now after re-reading it

me/klick/hpe/aureal/cuddle time townbloc

both followers and kira in rr/hu tao/drew/AD/will

@klick what do you think
Wait how am I back in your townbloc? :thinking:
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:06 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 514, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 511, Gimli wrote: I'll try before EOD to work out interactions between the other 5 and see what fits better

I think we can just try to towncore it and flip kira today, which means getting to a agreement on a player that stayed throughout this under the radar and not getting talked to much or entertained as a potential d1 flip

last game STD was kira and had an almost flawless d1 getting very little pushes against him by just coasting and being agreeable

that's the profile we're hitting d1 with the most likelihood of flipping kira
Using STD's general play style to find Kira seems like a fools game

That's kind of a harshly worded way of putting it but I do agree that describes STD's play in general, so I wouldn't really make a general principle of it.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:12 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 518, CUDDLE TIME wrote: The Kira role reminds me of a mafia traitor role who doesn't know their mafia buddies. From my experience playing with a mafia traitor in completed games, I've seen a mafia traitor being town leaned and null read and usually it's the informed scum with tmi who look scummy. Whoever is Kira looks like it could be anyone and it's the Kira Followers with tmi are the ones who will look scummy.

- A
What, that's not how traitors w-

Oh, it's Adorable

Never mind, back to ignoring stuff
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:16 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 529, Hu Tao wrote: This game is hard. And we get no flips
This sort of post is what makes it impossible for me to read you. It drives me crazy.

And I even kinda agree with the sentiment it displays!
-furtiveglance
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:22 pm

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

So heads up, I am kinda feeling like my next few posts are going to unavoidably have cognitive dissonance because I have several competing threads of thought / possible ways of looking at the game. I know this will probably contribute to hydra dissonance etc., so I am going to do my best to sum up my thoughts after that.

- Dragon
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:26 pm

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 419, Radical Rat wrote: Welcome Willow!

I look forward to seeing that reads list rearranged once you've read properly
In post 422, Radical Rat wrote: Drew out of ten Doctors agree: You should vote Klick
Okay first of all, I really hate these posts and they feel more like powerwolfing than town genuinely convinced of their solve, but on the other hand I was slightly wanting to TR Rat earlier. And also the fact that Drew and Klick are TRing Rat (I think? I also saw Klick agreeing with Gimli SRing Rat later so IDK) is giving me pause on that.
So I find myself wanting to scumread Rat

BUT
(see next post)

- Dragon
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:33 pm

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

BUT I'm finding myself extremely pocketed by Gimli when he makes posts like these:
In post 448, Gimli wrote: you're too cute, DE
Like WTF Gimli how can you do that to me, it's absolutely unfair and I demand that you cease at once!!! [and also thank you Gimli, you are cute too <3 ]

Also I like Gimli's solving energy (e.g. in post ), it feels so town, and it combined with the pocket makes me want to un-scumread Gimli.

And if Gimli is town then my entire argument for Rat being scum falls apart.

BUT
(see next post)

- Dragon
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:44 pm

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

BUT

As someone said (I think Klick but maybe Gimli), Kira would be someone for whom there's not a lot of appetite today. Do you know for whom there's no appetite today? Gimli.

And also,
In post 448, Gimli wrote: question for you: if I'm kira, then who are my followers?
The answer to that is easy, Rat and somebody else (Hu Tao/HPE/Aureal probably?)

And I really don't think Rat is town.

And I really don't think Gimli is a bad scum player considering he was nominated twice for Goodfellas last year.

BUT
There are also other people I haven't scrutinized lately which aren't very towny and I cannot just tunnel Gimli the whole day phase because that would be silly and uproductive.

So I am going to untunnel Gimli and unvote him (mainly because he called me cute) and then if I find Aureal and ActionDan and HPE satisfactorily un-Kira-like, I might go back to Gimli later.

UNVOTE:

- Dragon
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:47 pm

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 424, Aureal wrote: It feels like you're really reaching for something here, and I don't like it.

If you want a wagon so much, why aren't you building one? You're vanity wagoning someone whom you admit you don't actually have much of a scumread on while there are other options you're open to who actually have votes.
In post 438, Aureal wrote: In post 435, Hu Tao wrote:
Hi Kira, I am your loyal follower. Please do not kill me at night. Thank you.

Oh. Okay. Thanks for letting me know.

VOTE: Gimli
Aureal do you mind explaining the thought process behind shading me for not building a wagon and then like 2 posts later randomly joining the wagon I'm trying to build? How does that work?

- Dragon
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:52 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 538, Aureal wrote:
In post 509, Gimli wrote: I'm also fine with HPE now after re-reading it

me/klick/hpe/aureal/cuddle time townbloc

both followers and kira in rr/hu tao/drew/AD/will

@klick what do you think
Wait how am I back in your townbloc? :thinking:
in general, I am townreading you. my distrust with your posting has to do with how you're acting to and around HPE, and your responses to me, trying to make it seem like you were pushing HPE first when you did no such thing + softdefending it every chance you had, fits a world in which HPE is kira and you're a follower.

I've also been reading into some other stuff that isn't worth mentioning right now.

when I read HPE in isolation yesterday, it's giving me emotional sincerity when in real time I was reading phonyness. so for d1 I'll try to work out a solve that doesn't contain either of you.

do reach out and find me in your heart if you're town
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:56 pm

Post by Gimli »

that's my theory on how to find kira, yes, DE

I think I've been pushed a whole lot this game so I don't know if your feelings about my slot match the material
I'll tie your legs
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:57 pm

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

I also have other thoughts on Aureal which I've held back for a while because i was under the impression Black had a strong TR on Aureal, but since Black doesn't have a strong TR of Aureal anymore I might as well say them:

I feel Aureal's posting this game, especially early on, is EXTREMELY erratic and nervous, which is something I generally scumread. The thing is, often when I scumread Aureal for that she's town. The OTHER thing is, last game where Aureal was scum she was also like that I think. And I kinda feel like Aureal is forcing her hyper aggressive, towny tone in order to appear towny, which might be a sign of being Kira?

And I just realized that I'd been pinged early by Rat's vote on Aureal and i thought it could've been traitor signaling and now I can finally make sense of TRing Gimli and SRing Rat, if Rat is actually an Aureal follower and am I thinking too fast? Maybe. But I do think I could be on the right track and I promise this is not scum!me sowing chaos even though it's chaotic as fuck

Anyway VOTE: Aurea

- Dragon

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”