Mini Theme 2328: Death Note: Second Page. Day 3!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:52 pm

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 817, Klick wrote: If someone has knowledge that ActionDan was not the Assistant, I strongly believe they should claim that information now.

I don't think ActionDan was fakeclaiming, but I want to limit scum's ability to go back and say 'oh yeah I'm actually the Assistant'.
No one counter claimed ActionDan and it makes me think his claim was real.

- A
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:52 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 823, Klick wrote: I think I hard disagree

Regardless, if we have no evidence to the contrary, I'm heavily inclined to just assume that ActionDan was really the Assistant
There's not actually a ton of reason for a Follower to claim like that
If Dan was a follower, the only thing that makes sense is trying to bait Assistant (or, unlikely, Detective) or use the claim as a cudgel (see: the fact he was only at e-3 when claiming)
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:02 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 820, Klick wrote:
In post 819, Aureal wrote:
In post 812, Gimli wrote: I still think cuddle time is pretty townie and D1 end of day isn't something that happens with how annoyed dragon was, if dragon was kira or a follower. I take these emotions to just point to town, and am happy to clear the slot for now. the other slots I have no idea
Naw, Dragon's end of day was terrible. I think unlikely to be Kira, but very likely to be a follower.
Who do you think is likely to be Kira considering how yesterday played out?
If Cuddle is a follower, from most likely to least likely Kira:

Klick
HPE
Rat
Freedom
Wisp
Gimli
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:00 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 812, Gimli wrote: I still think cuddle time is pretty townie and D1 end of day isn't something that happens with how annoyed dragon was, if dragon was kira or a follower. I take these emotions to just point to town, and am happy to clear the slot for now. the other slots I have no idea
Naw, Dragon's end of day was terrible. I think unlikely to be Kira, but very likely to be a follower.
I'm reading from dragon's emotions and especially his posts to me that he was legitimately annoyed I wasn't contributing much

btw how come theyre more likely follower than kira?
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:06 pm

Post by Gimli »

I wish black was playing (but no shame in letting the game go if you dont feel it I guess)
I'll tie your legs
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:07 pm

Post by Aureal »

Elaborating on my reasoning:

I feel like Klick Kira case is pretty obvious from how Cuddle constantly townread Klick but this bit specifically bears note:
In post 742, CUDDLE TIME wrote: Gimli it wrecks my heart to push you again and potentially mislim you but it's true that if your flip doesn't end the game we can treat Klick as clear and have a much smaller PoE and also HPE is less suspect I guess.
Wanting to clear Klick by flipping Gimli doesn't make sense to me so it feels like just interjecting a thought that Dragon WANTS to happen in hopes that by saying so people will just nod and go along with it.

As far as HPE goes:
In post 7, CUDDLE TIME wrote: VOTE: HIGH PRINCESS SCUMRINYS

We've been opposite alignments for 4 games in a row, don't see a reason it would change now.
This could be signalling, even with as bad of an idea as I think it is in this game this reference to past games is a lot more likely to fly under the radar than something as overt as other possible Kira signalling that's been pointed out. (Interestingly, Black even notes in that signalling is super risky!) There was some early heat on HPE and Cuddle joined briefly, then shifted to Hu Tao as soon as Rat voted her (and the early vote was pretty safe because of the grace period) so it could easily be an attempt to make HPE look vulnerable and thus not Kira.
In post 356, CUDDLE TIME wrote: Who are the obvious scum in the scenario where the game is "too easy"? I don't really see any "obvious" scum other than HPE who I don't think is Kira.

- Dragon
Again waving off HPE as scummy but not Kira.
In post 517, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 417, Little Will o' Wisp wrote: From town to scum: Cuddle, Klick, Erinys, Gimli, Aureal, Tao, Dan, Rat, Drew.
Elaborate your reads on Erinys, Drew?
Seems like hoping someone who thinks HPE is towny will make a towncase for it and make it look better.

On Rat and Freedom, Cuddle doesn't ever really do much with Rat's slot other than prod Rat about the Klick scumread, implying Rat seems like a Gimli follower. There's basically nothing on the Drew/Freedom slot other than waving it off as not likely Kira. These are easy places for a Kira who's not being pushed to sit, so they're still viable as Cuddle's Kira, I give a nod to Rat as the more likely one since I feel like the hydra players are confident enough in their scumgame that they'd try to interact with their Kira and have a decent read there rather than just ignore the slot.

Wisp and Gimli are just... yeah, not likely at all to be Cuddle's Kira and I think it's pretty obvious why.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:22 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 828, Gimli wrote:
I'm reading from dragon's emotions and especially his posts to me that he was legitimately annoyed I wasn't contributing much

btw how come theyre more likely follower than kira?

I'm... not going to answer that in full just yet. I will say that if Cuddle is Kira I think he was intentionally trying to come off as just a follower there, because lord did he ever. Obviously at this point now we know he wasn't a Hu Tao follower but that was the clear message I was getting from the way he was playing. So I think we might have foiled his plan to look like a follower of the wrong person by actually managing to flip the wrong person. This is how I perceive Dragon's handling of the end of day:

Dragon: ugh I'm going to sleep, Klick/HPE/Gimli/Aureal plz tell me what to do
Aureal/Klick/HPE: *vote Hu Tao*
Gimli: *barely exists due to migraines*
Dragon: OMG HOW DARE YOU!!!!!! I'M GONNA GET GIMLI!!!!!
Klick/HPE/Gimli/Aureal: what
Dragon: FINE GIMLI CAN BE TOWN! LET'S GET WILLOW! WAIT WE CAN'T, OK LET'S GET GIMLI!!!

:o
-furtiveglance
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:10 pm

Post by Freedom »

I think aureal and gimli are town.
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:12 pm

Post by Freedom »

I see merit in klick's plan tbh but given nobody had cced Dan earlier, I think he's really assistant.
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:23 pm

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

Okay time to explain my behavior around willow slot yesterday.

I locked T-Bone as town early on because I felt Detective energy from his slot. Citation:
In post 348, CUDDLE TIME wrote: Okay, as promised, here's my process:

I've been townreading Klick for a while now (perhaps for bad reasons, but with his posting I feel I'm more likely to be right for the wrong reasons than just wrong).
I've also concluded that T-Bone is town and that Drew is not Kira
regardless of his alignment. I've thought Hu Tao was scummy but her play makes sense more as scummy town than as Kira IMO (but not letting her off the hook completely). So that leaves a pool of Aureal/Gimli/RR/AD/HPE. This pool doesn't necessarily contain all scum but I do think it contains Kira.
[...]
- Dragon
In post 414, CUDDLE TIME wrote: [...]
This VC kinda sucks tbh. I would really like to build a wagon on someone so we can start to see how people react to real pressure.
In fact I'd probably be down to wagon almost anyone except Klick or Willow right now
(oh hi Willow! Good that you managed to get in the game!), so that I could gather hopefully alignment-indicative reactions to those wagons.

[...]

- Dragon
Also I specifically thought that Drew was softing assistant of T-Bone (though in looking back I am not really sure what made me feel that way, maybe just saying he thought that T-Bone was town early on without giving any reasoning, and I was already thinking T-Bone was the detective at that point). I was intentionally vague about that though since it was anti-town to say that, but I did say I didn't think he was Kira (which was true and I still think the slot is unlikely to be Kira).

When AcrionDan claimed, I kinda assumed that he was just the detective. So that made me "realize" that my assumption that T-Bone/Willow were the detective was "wrong". On looking back I should have probably looked at ActionDan's outgoing associations, but it was pretty close to deadline and I wanted to try and start an alt wagon and see and use people's reactions to get a better read on the game state and on people (that actually did somewhat work, more on that in a bit). At the time Hu Tao was the top wagon and Hu Tao wasn't Kira so it's actually confirmed that I wasn't trying to counterwagon scum (unless the people who think I am Klick's follower think that Hu Tao is Klick's other follower and I found her out IDK. I haven't checked her associations since they are irrelevant since she's town 90% of the time but you guys are welcome to).

This explanation is given because I know I look bad, but I also know that right now the alignment ratio is 3-5 (uness Hu Tao was a follower which I find unlikely) and basically every member of the town has to vote together for us to achieve a Kira lim (or we can have the detective use condemn on Kira or get Kira to bus a follower, I guess). So I do want people to be willing to work together with me.

Right now my solve is is Gimli Kira, and HPE/Klick/Rat/Aureal as followers (ordered most to least likely). This is in part based on the votes on Hu Tao, who was obv!not Kira based on how little resistance her wagon got (only from me, I think? And I was supposedly Klick's follower so I couldn't be her follower). And also Klick and HPE were both happy to compromise on Willow or Hu Tao but not on Gimli and it really feels weird. Aureal is right now casing me as a Klick follower for my bad push (and it was bad) on Willow, but she forgets how these people followed me onto it, and how oppirtunistic they were. I wasn't oppirtunistic, I was trying to shake up a gamestate that I felt was anti town.

Peace out.

VOTE: Gimli

Note: I'd be willing to go for HPE today so that we have a small chance to maybe hit Kira anyway and also less scum votes tomorrow (2/6 votes instead of 3/8), but currently I want Gimli. This setup is actually scumsided though, alignment ratio wise.

- Dragon
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:24 pm

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 831, Aureal wrote:
Dragon: ugh I'm going to sleep, Klick/HPE/Gimli/Aureal plz tell me what to do
Aureal/Klick/HPE: *vote Hu Tao*
Gimli: *barely exists due to migraines*
Dragon: OMG HOW DARE YOU!!!!!! I'M GONNA GET GIMLI!!!!!
Klick/HPE/Gimli/Aureal: what
Dragon: FINE GIMLI CAN BE TOWN! LET'S GET WILLOW! WAIT WE CAN'T, OK LET'S GET GIMLI!!!

:o
I said I'd sheep the one who made sense

Voting Hu Tao made 0 sense

- Dragon
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:38 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 834, CUDDLE TIME wrote: Note: I'd be willing to go for HPE today so that we have a small chance to maybe hit Kira anyway and also less scum votes tomorrow (2/6 votes instead of 3/8), but currently I want Gimli. This setup is actually scumsided though, alignment ratio wise.
chat does he know im town
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:30 pm

Post by Klick »

I think ActionDan makes no sense as a Follower, because realistically what he has done if he's Follower is 1. move the vote onto someone else other than him, a not-Kira, and 2. drawn the Kira kill towards a Follower instead of the Detective. It doesn't match his alignment's needs if he's scum. It does a lot more for an Assistant.
Little Will o' Wisp
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:08 am

Post by Little Will o' Wisp »

In post 837, Klick wrote: I think ActionDan makes no sense as a Follower, because realistically what he has done if he's Follower is 1. move the vote onto someone else other than him, a not-Kira, and 2. drawn the Kira kill towards a Follower instead of the Detective. It doesn't match his alignment's needs if he's scum. It does a lot more for an Assistant.
Dan not being a follower is a certainty. He was killed by the Death Note, so his visible name was actually real.
You can call me "Willow".
Little Will o' Wisp
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:46 am

Post by Little Will o' Wisp »

My PoE is Gimli, Radical Rat and Freedom. I'm pretty sure Kira is among their number.
You can call me "Willow".
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:09 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

I would like to bring to everybody's attention that unless Hu Tao was a follower (something which I think is unlikely), today is basically Melo. If we mislim a task force memeber, and Kira guesses and kills the detective (which isn't THAT hard), then tomorrow we're going to be 3v3 with no way to kill Kira.

So we MUST hit scum today (because I am not banking on the detective surviving the night and correctly guessing Kira tomorrow), and preferably Kira (but if we hit a follower we do have another shot at hitting Kira tomorrow and a knowledge that either today's lim or Hu Tao was a follower since we weren't endgamed).

If this wasn't Melo I would probably be fine with going for Klick to prove he wasn't Kira and I am not his follower so people can untunnel me, but it is Melo and I think going Klick is too dangerous because he very well could be town (though I guess if he's follower it's a pretty good hit and might actually convince people that Gimli is Kira).

Bleh.

What I do know is that I have 90% certainty HPE is scum because it's literally openwolfing the same way it has been in its last wolfgame and I am getting flashbacks to how I've also been fooled in that game.

My problem is if Gimli is Kira with HPE/Klick and we flip HPE, Gimli probably shoots detective and then there would be a majority in favor of flipping Klick over HPE tomorrow and then Gimli would win so maybe flipping Klick is better, IDK. But that assumes he's scum which I am veey much not sure about.

Would people be fine with flipping Gimli today and Klick tomorrow?

- Dragon
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:14 am

Post by Klick »

In post 839, Little Will o' Wisp wrote: My PoE is Gimli, Radical Rat and Freedom. I'm pretty sure Kira is among their number.
...hard agree? This is basically where I'm at

I don't
think
it's the Gimli mindfuck route and I think RR and Freedom make more sense but I think healthy skepticism is probably called for there at this point
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:15 am

Post by Gimli »

I can do klick today because I think there's a good chance the klick/HPE dynamics is one of kira/follower, with HPE transferring its unexplicated townlean on me over to klick and vice versa

it's possible that klick thought I was a follower (am not!)

yesterday's HPE going 'not moving to klick or gimli, let them cook' felt weird to me and I think this could be the explanation

I'll have more time to post properly during the gameday, let's take this slow

everyone except maybe HPE can easily be kira though afaict
I'll tie your legs
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:15 am

Post by Klick »

I'd like a more solid opinion on if today should be treated like it's ELo
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:17 am

Post by Gimli »

also dragon I know you're eager but considering kira didn't kill the detective you should not talk about who you think it is
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:18 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 843, Klick wrote: I'd like a more solid opinion on if today should be treated like it's ELo
it should

if no followers are dead, and no follower/kira dies today, next gameday is parity for kira and followers

unless mechanics idk about
I'll tie your legs
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:18 am

Post by Klick »

I'm going to explicitly claim that I'm sitting on a not-insignificant amount of Skill-related info at the moment
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:19 am

Post by Gimli »

oh right if the detective is still alive tomorrow they can use day skill and save the day
I'll tie your legs
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:45 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 609, CUDDLE TIME wrote: Argh whatever

VOTE: Klick
This is why I kept quiet during most of the last day of yesterday. Dragon voting Klick at such a critical moment was the first serious challenge to my view of the game. I wasn't sure whether it was a gambit or not, so I wanted to wait and see if it stuck, without giving any indication of whether it was working if it was a gambit.

It did not stick, and indeed Dragon went right back to espousing Klick as a Townread, but by that point I had gotten distracted with EDF, so I didn't get to mention it before Hu Tao went over. Which... honestly, don't get that wagon. Should've been Gimli at that point, but what's done is done.

VOTE: Klick

Still top Kira for me, still potentially a Follower if I'm wrong, so it's gonna take a damn good case on someone else to get me to move.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:49 am

Post by Klick »

I dont really understand your view of the game which makes it pretty hard to work with a theoretical town!Rat

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”