Mini Theme 2330 - A Questionable Almost-Normal Game - Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:12 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1449, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 1448, JacksonVirgo wrote: But that does mod confirm a VT to exist, so that’s fun
Assuming there are godfathers which does seem very very likely
No dude

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... lex_Normal

Read under the experimental role section
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:13 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

“ Roles may be hybrid. In Complex Games, some players should be Vanilla Townies - although there is not a hard floor here - and there is no limit on roles and modifiers.”

Jesus

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:13 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Should be, not a hard floor

wiki // GTKAS
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:25 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1451, JacksonVirgo wrote: “ Roles may be hybrid. In Complex Games, some players should be Vanilla Townies - although there is not a hard floor here - and there is no limit on roles and modifiers.”

Jesus
In post 1404, usesPython wrote:
In post 1395, Enchant wrote:
Complex Games may only use the roles and modifiers listed above.
Roles may be hybrid. In Complex Games, some players should be Vanilla Townies - although there is not a hard floor here - and there is no limit on roles and modifiers.
Serial Killers are not allowed in Micro games. They are allowed in Mini games but must be announced during signups. They are allowed in Larges and do not require an announcement. Multiball - when there are two or more Mafia factions - is allowed in Large games only, and requires an announcement.
Flavor should not impact gameplay.
Experimental roles are allowed in Complex Games - the Experimental Role List has no substantial effect on gameplay but indicates roles that are currently being "trialed" for Normal Games. The Experimental Role List should be expected to change.
Roles may not be hybrid. In Simple Games, most players should be Vanilla Townies - although there is not a hard floor here - and non-Vanilla roles must have one role and a maximum of one modifier.
By that logic even simple normals can have 0 VTs, I think Complex Normals still need at least one VT to be legal?
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:25 am

Post by ketchup777 »

Stuff I did on Day 1 as a cop:

This might be a slightly long post, but I hope to prove to any doubters out there that I am town, and a cop of some variety.

I am aware I had the most posts on Day 1, also that Day 1 was cut drastically short, which sucks. However, I encourage anyone who managed to knowingly crumb on Day 1 to step forward now. Scum will know which of us are cops, so you can only be helping us out as town. It's possible scum crumbed, let's imagine for a sec they have 3 godfathers or 2GF1goon. I still don't think it's at all clear that next to all of us are cops. They might suspect 2 cops, but all cops is quite a leap from that. Alternatively they might suspect something like 1 cop 1 backup, but these are not necessarily worlds where they would think to crumb cop, I think. So share your crumbs asap (:

Spoiler: 1
In post 110, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 102, DkKoba wrote:
No I actually claim Miller
Alianna is feeling mean hehe, would be funny if there's no cops

Here I try to distance myself from being a cop. I was also thinking about whether I should claim Miller at this point, then on the Cop Wiki I read:
wrote:"Play Advice
From least forgivable to most forgivable:
Do not get eliminated Day 1 while trying to gambit.
"
so decided to not do that.

Spoiler: 2
In post 229, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 223, light_ganski wrote:
i think the miller claim D1 can be left for now

like i have a very, very old instinct to policy lim claimed millers that i'm trying to get past
sure I mean it won’t affect me really, I was just trying to work out if it was worth going into the claim or not. still new to the meta and all thattt. Good luck to any investigative role diagnosing that cesspit lol

I again maybe somewhat naively try to distance myself from being a cop.

Spoiler: 3
In post 112, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 111, DkKoba wrote:
In post 110, ketchup777 wrote:
Alianna feeling mean hehe, would be funny if there's no cops
it's supposed to be a troll game so I expected either like 7 millers or just be uncc as a names townie
can you unacronymicize uncc please? (:

true

I claim not miller. investigate me if you want to find a town!

The exclamation mark maybe was subconsciously trying to hint at making an ironic statement. I thought it was ironic to tell people to investigate me because I thought I was the only cop. However, I also remembered telling people to investigate me in my last game when I was a VT, so thought I could go down this line fairly safely. I will explain some fake VT crumbs I left in here later on in this post. Gypyx had made me laugh about my crumbing VT last time and I was determined to do it again hehehe (:

Spoiler: 4:my main cop crumb(full posts snipped, you can go read but it's Jackson and I's massive colourful argument)
In post 516, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 489, JacksonVirgo wrote:
Because I'm talking about YOUR reads dude, I don't care who came up with them. You're utilising them to the highest degree

Yes, you're talking about my reads. You're tunneling. I have nothing to hide though so it'll be like policemen banging down my door without a search warrant and then saying that they found a chocolate wrapper under the sofa that means I've committed 7 felonies, 4 heists and 6 kidnappings.

Ok, so at some point I decided I should slip some kind of crumb in so my cop results (if I managed to stay alive) would have some credibility. I wasn't sure how I was going to do it yet, I didn't want to do a first letters potentially riskily obvious kind of thing, so was just waiting till the time was right. I felt that slipping a crumb into a massive post should be the safest possible place (because some people, especially mafia probably, will be lazy and only skim it), and when the imagery of a police search came into my head I realised it was meant to be. Here, the word 'policemen' was a hint I am cop. Also, abstract, but the numbers I chose for the felonies, heists and kidnappings (7,4,6) referred to the first 3 players I planned to investigate if possible based on who I wanted to investigate at that time, based on the playerlist in post #0:

1. ketchup777
2. JacksonVirgo
3. Black
4. Titus
(SECOND INVESTIGATION)
5. light_ganski
6. Ranger
(THIRD INVESTIGATION)
7. Enchant Arko*
(FIRST INVESTIGATION)
8. usesPython
9. Laplacian
10. Hu Tao
11. DkKoba
12. Political Clout
13. Doctor Drew

While I was undecided whether I was going to reveal my results after 2 or 3 night investigations, I planned to stick to this order if I could (obvs if one died I would have to adapt, but I would have explained that in my reveal post). Now after this premature reveal and the 1millioncops surprise I am obviously open to investigating whoever, but yeah. Why this order? I did not want to risk investigating Koba or Jackson with claimed millers (up to you to decide whether my role would allow me to get a result, but I figured these players would get sorted out one way or another), and wanted to investigate slots I felt uncertain about. Enchant nee. Arko took priority, as the only information we have is that Arko was so depressed at seeing their role that they flaked. Titus came next, as Titus was not posting very much and it was hard to find much substantial to analyse there (IRL reasons, sure). Ranger came last, because I was somewhat confident in my initial read of her but I thought others might share my read and vote her out, or I could be wrong. I also thought Ranger was unlikely to die as she looked a bit suspicious so a town!ranger would be kept alive at night for a while, probably. Same for Enchant and Titus, I thought others (including me) were just more likely to die tbh. I endeavoured to stick to this order last night, even if Enchant were a Miller that'd be ok, so I did. I have an inno on enchant.

Spoiler: 5
In post 493, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 485, DkKoba wrote:
In post 483, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 475, DkKoba wrote: -snip-
yes im subtly implying things about whats going on currently, but also would like to break down pushes
against who i consider in most worlds a likely n1 kill
and thus a waste of threadspace to push lol
I don't wanna dieeee ):
too bad its for the good of the people (im the people)
lucky i got 7-shot bulletproof right

Here I try to make scum think I'm double-bluffing bulletproof to avoid being nightkilled.

Spoiler: 6
In post 723, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 585, Black wrote:
In post 544, ketchup777 wrote:
I probably would have made 50 posts instead of 119

But guessing ofc
Do you think the best strategy as scum is to lurk and post less?
Best? No. Most commonly used? Probably. Humans gravitate towards laziness

Here demonstrates why I have posted so much. I saw more than one thread recently where people were suggesting town PRs would lie low early on, and I was determined to not get caught out for that by the mafia at night, especially since in my last game as a VT I posted a lot and would probably be expected to do so again. This includes my last game (Mini Normal 2325) where DeltaWave was shot night 1, an otherwise crazy kill, for being a suspected low-posting Power Role.

Spoiler: 7
In post 856, ketchup777 wrote: VOTE: Ketchup777

wait, i can’t look too innocent, i might get nightkilled ):

Basically this was a fairly honest thought. By self-voting I was trying to do something weird-looking and divert attention from the fact that nobody was voting me anymore. If I had managed to convince all my early doubters that I was town, it wasn't looking so good for me at night. Now I will show the 3 Vanilla Townie crumbs I left, in the hopes scum would catch one and leave me alone at night:

Spoiler: 8
In post 91, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 90, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 86, ketchup777 wrote: I feel like I’m posting too much, sorry
Leave some posts for the rest of us, damnnnn
I tried to but noone told me if they would prefer to be a horse or a dung beetle :(

Very tragic
:cry: :cry:

V T

Spoiler: 9
In post 157, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 156, Black wrote:
Can you try to explain the townie vibes you're getting?
sure give me a few mins, it’s strawberry milkshake time

Very tasty

V T

Spoiler: 10-final one!
In post 556, ketchup777 wrote:
sorry i find colours easy so will go back to colours here

excessively focusing on one person without good reason. you can raise your points, but i don't think it's possible to confidently read anyone yet so early on and with all 13 of us still alive. I learnt my lesson from last time when luca finally convinced me he was 100% confident on bugs only to have the
VT flip*.

sorry if you feel that way, I don't really have much more to say though yet

pocketing me would be questionable after we had very different views in MeLo last time. Shooting me could work, but idk. Probably not worth hyperfixating on why you've decided to heavily go after me. I hope you'll see the light soon

ok

*(although it was also kind of on me for not having enough patience)

pedit: hell yeahhh

I got the idea of placing an asterisk next to a crumb from Jackson last game, hence it was only apt that I leave an asterisk crumb for him in answer to one of his long posts. I tried to make the asterisk link up to something to not make it too obvious.

Yep, that's me. Crumbs anyone? (:
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:27 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1450, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1448, JacksonVirgo wrote: But that does mod confirm a VT to exist, so that’s fun
No dude

Ok, so explain why it's mod-confirmed we have a VT?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:37 am

Post by Black »

In post 1407, Black wrote:
In post 1387, light_ganski wrote: oh wait she thinks I'm a godfather nvm (I'm not ftr)
Oh light says she's not a godfather. Damn guess we were wrong bois let's pack it up
In post 1408, Black wrote:VOTE: Titus
In post 1410, Titus wrote: Calling light and Black partners. There is a reason to vote light (counterwagon from yesterday) but I wanted to hear someone say it to compare if they usually do that. Black jumping off at the first motion elsewhere is suspicious rather than giving a reason. She wants to be on the light wagon if it takes but would rather vote town.

VOTE: Light
This feels overly defensive and a little panicky
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:39 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1455, ketchup777 wrote:
No dude

Cuz dragon modslipped

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:40 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1456, Black wrote:
In post 1387, light_ganski wrote: oh wait she thinks I'm a godfather nvm (I'm not ftr)
Oh light says she's not a godfather. Damn guess we were wrong bois let's pack it up
In post 1410, Titus wrote: Calling light and Black partners. There is a reason to vote light (counterwagon from yesterday) but I wanted to hear someone say it to compare if they usually do that. Black jumping off at the first motion elsewhere is suspicious rather than giving a reason. She wants to be on the light wagon if it takes but would rather vote town.

I must be high as fuck I thought you were calling yourself defensive and panicky

wiki // GTKAS
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum

light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:40 am

Post by light_ganski »

No dude

It isn't, but *if* there is a godfather there must also be a VT based on only one normal rule being violated
A work in progress
my GTKAS // get to know a ganski

"The philosophers have hitherto only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point, however, is to change it".
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:40 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

My asterisk strat going wild

wiki // GTKAS
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:40 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1458, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1456, Black wrote:

I must be high as fuck I thought you were calling yourself defensive and panicky
OMG SAME SAME

Jackson conftown
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:41 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1460, JacksonVirgo wrote: My asterisk strat going wild
lmao
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:41 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I didn’t read that post at all except the end, I’m workin will soon

wiki // GTKAS
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:43 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1457, JacksonVirgo wrote:
No dude

Cuz dragon modslipped
I don't think you can definitely conclude that. However, I would be amazed if scum don't have any godfathers. Is there some kind of redirecting role they could all have, where they redirect night actions at them onto a townie so it'll always be an inno?
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:43 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1463, JacksonVirgo wrote: I didn’t read that post at all except the end, I’m workin will soon
cool, point 4 is my cop crumb and the rest is just general beacon of honesty
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:44 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

1. A VT isn’t confirmed as per complex normal ruling
2. Dragon said that normals would have at least one VT, as a mod he’d know the setup. He wouldn’t say that if there were none

wiki // GTKAS
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:44 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1452, JacksonVirgo wrote: Should be, not a hard floor
I thought it was ambiguous as to whether this means no hard floor can be 0 or no hard floor as to whether there's 1,2,3+...
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:45 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Previous wording was “at least one” or similar

wiki // GTKAS
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:45 am

Post by Black »

I wish I was high
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:46 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Compulsive town lightning rod would be hilarious

wiki // GTKAS
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:46 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1466, JacksonVirgo wrote: 1. A VT isn’t confirmed as per complex normal ruling
2. Dragon said that normals would have at least one VT, as a mod he’d know the setup. He wouldn’t say that if there were none
For 1 the same wording is used on both Simple, Regular, and Complex Normal page. One VT is still mandatory
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:46 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1466, JacksonVirgo wrote: 1. A VT isn’t confirmed as per complex normal ruling
1. I'm not 100% convinced on the intricacies of the wording of the rules, but ok
2. Dragon should also know that the setup violates a rule. He said paraphrasing 'Normal Games must have at least one VT'. He still left it ambiguous as to whether
this
setup has a VT. This isn't a Normal game.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:46 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1469, Black wrote: I wish I was high
Same, come join me after I finish work

wiki // GTKAS
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:51 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1471, usesPython wrote:
For 1 the same wording is used on both Simple, Regular, and Complex Normal page. One VT is still mandatory
obviously you and Jackson being so confident either way is confusing me

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”