Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:51 pm

Post by Kaguya Houraisan »

In post 924, Koishi Komeiji wrote:
In post 922, Clownpiece wrote: I read your catch up posts a couple times, and my overwhelming response was : "meh"

So my opinion has not been swayed.
I on the other hand read them as was left feeling whelmed.

The irony of calling them meh after their vote on Marisa is not lost on me though!
Hypocrisy is my charm point
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:54 pm

In post 923, Koishi Komeiji wrote: I just want to know who else you actually looked at to qualify the statement of "I want to shoot a high charisma meh slot" or if you always wanted Marisa and just added that rest on as a descriptor.
The process:
  1. See that one post someone made about townreading the hyperposters
  2. Realise that most of the playerlist is doing that
  3. Stare at the playerlist and find who fits from memory
  4. ISO to confirm
  5. Skip checking who else fits due to running out of energy reserves and figuring someone else would do it for me once the ball got rolling
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:57 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

In post 924, Koishi Komeiji wrote:
In post 922, Clownpiece wrote: I read your catch up posts a couple times, and my overwhelming response was : "meh"

So my opinion has not been swayed.
I on the other hand read them as was left feeling whelmed.

The irony of calling them meh after their vote on Marisa is not lost on me though!
It was an unintended irony.

I was thinking of Rupaul saying "meh" to two performers right after they did a Lipsynch for their life.

Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:58 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 920, Kaguya Houraisan wrote:
In post 919, Clownpiece wrote: I could still vote Kaguya after their catch up posts.
Is this a POE meh ISO thing or is there some kind of actual scumread behind it
I’m not Clown, but yeah.
What are you doing?
Oh, sunflower, so tired of time passing!
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:05 pm

In post 928, Yuuka Kazami wrote:
In post 920, Kaguya Houraisan wrote:
In post 919, Clownpiece wrote: I could still vote Kaguya after their catch up posts.
Is this a POE meh ISO thing or is there some kind of actual scumread behind it
I’m not Clown, but yeah.
What are you doing?
Attempting to keep up with the hyperposters dropping double digit pagecounts between the times I actually have time to do more than skim the game

Being able to livechat would probably help with not running out of energy before I even finish catching up
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:08 pm

In post 743, Clownpiece wrote: I have stared at the playerlist, and picked out the people who I think have given me enough ~vibes~ that I feel like they should make it past day 1. (List sorted by playerlist order, not by strength of read. I did not give it that much thought lmao)

Tenshi, Aya, Yuuka, Kagerou, Koishi, Eternity Larva, Marisa, Reisen, and Sanae

Which leaves me with [Kaguya, Ichirin, Daiyousei] for my day 1 elimination pool.
Why was Reisen in the vibes list when you posted this
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:09 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

All right. Hi.
Why do you scum read me? Any particular posts or perspectives that seem especially insidious?
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:13 pm

In post 788, Yuuka Kazami wrote: The assaulted one is the post you’re looking for in exhibit A for” this can’t possibly be real/serious”
In post 790, Yuuka Kazami wrote: They never said it was a joke.
So, I’m not taking it as one.
This was pretty ridiculous
In post 614, Yuuka Kazami wrote: No, you should not be town reading Aya for that.
In post 615, Sanae Kochiya wrote: Right, I just said that.
In post 616, Yuuka Kazami wrote: The rest of what you wrote is going to trigger a response, but I get it.
You're off balance.
In post 617, Sanae Kochiya wrote: I am a little, yeah
This felt extremely bad vibes on the gutometer for being extremely stilted "do not townread aya" mindcontrol
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:15 pm

Can you explain why you think the "Assaulted" isn't tongue in cheek?
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:19 pm

As well as why not explicitly specifying an obvious joke is a joke when people seem to be getting that it's a joke is somehow duplicitous
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:24 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

In post 930, Kaguya Houraisan wrote:
In post 743, Clownpiece wrote: I have stared at the playerlist, and picked out the people who I think have given me enough ~vibes~ that I feel like they should make it past day 1. (List sorted by playerlist order, not by strength of read. I did not give it that much thought lmao)

Tenshi, Aya, Yuuka, Kagerou, Koishi, Eternity Larva, Marisa, Reisen, and Sanae

Which leaves me with [Kaguya, Ichirin, Daiyousei] for my day 1 elimination pool.
Why was Reisen in the vibes list when you posted this
I have already expounded on this, and actually just posted my long form version of these thoughts like less then an hour ago

Spoiler: relevant quotes
In post 828, Clownpiece wrote: When I did my Stare At The Playerlist thing for , I actually had to iso Reisen becuase I realized that I could not recall a single post that they had made. But then I quite liked these two posts:

Spoiler:
In post 325, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote:
In post 322, Eternity Larva wrote: Reisen can you elaborate on your 'ew' pile? Our reads seem to align in that regard but i want to know why you feel that way
They aren’t going to be for the same reasons cuz I’m super selfish and the world revolves around me but.

I thought kagerou putting me in their town core off just my ascetic claim was super weird. Marisa piggybacked on but I get their mindset because I’m also predisposed to town reading lighthearted jokey slots especially early in games. So reads genuine.

Kagerous read felt more like my name was thrown in there for the out of the box factor, because that’s just what townies do.

Dai felt more upset that I was being considered townie for doing nothing and I could see that as more scum frustration. So could I can see multiple worlds there.

I don’t think they are together.
In post 326, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: Also I’ll add that I’ve lightened up on the kagerou read solely because of koishi who has shot up to one of my stronger townreads.

I had a pet theory that kagerou was OVERLY familiar with koishi, suggesting they were in a pt together.

I quoted the post but it seemed Fmpov that kagerou had a bead on who koishi was and that would have to come from more correspondence than was in the thread because I don’t think they had much interaction before that point?

But I’m at the point where I feel strongly that koishi is town and I’m just chasing ghosts there.

so I bumpped her into my Can Live To Day 2 Pile
In post 829, Clownpiece wrote: They just rang true in my brain as True And Genuine Thoughts.
In post 866, Clownpiece wrote: I feel like my Reisen post deserved more words to it, but I am developing a pretty bad head ache that I think I might go try to sleep off, so that might not be a thing that happens any time soon.
In post 918, Clownpiece wrote: Okay, the more verbose version of why I chose to take Reisen out of my day 1 vote pool
In post 325, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote:
In post 322, Eternity Larva wrote: Reisen can you elaborate on your 'ew' pile? Our reads seem to align in that regard but i want to know why you feel that way
They aren’t going to be for the same reasons cuz I’m super selfish and the world revolves around me but.

I thought kagerou putting me in their town core off just my ascetic claim was super weird. Marisa piggybacked on but I get their mindset because I’m also predisposed to town reading lighthearted jokey slots especially early in games. So reads genuine.

Kagerous read felt more like my name was thrown in there for the out of the box factor, because that’s just what townies do.

Dai felt more upset that I was being considered townie for doing nothing and I could see that as more scum frustration. So could I can see multiple worlds there.

I don’t think they are together.
I think that Reisen not liking [that Kagerou started town reading them so easily], while also not liking that Dai didn't like [that Kagerou started town reading them so easily] has a kind of built in incongruity that scum would try to iron out before making this kind of post. And her just posting it made me feel like she is not actually worried about feeling consistent in made up reads, and is actually just True Thoughts Posting, and accepting any internal incongruities that exist in their thought process.

The approach to reading slots being so self referential also gives those vibes, that they are just True Thoughts Posting.

As well as having your 2 strongest scum reads pile be one of the very few (maybe only at that point?) people town reading you at that point, just seems like an odd path to take as scum.
In post 326, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: Also I’ll add that I’ve lightened up on the kagerou read solely because of koishi who has shot up to one of my stronger townreads.

I had a pet theory that kagerou was OVERLY familiar with koishi, suggesting they were in a pt together.

I quoted the post but it seemed Fmpov that kagerou had a bead on who koishi was and that would have to come from more correspondence than was in the thread because I don’t think they had much interaction before that point?

But I’m at the point where I feel strongly that koishi is town and I’m just chasing ghosts there.
This also feels like the type of argument that scum would not think to fake, and is just a novel suspicion to have.
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:26 pm

Brain got fried after 45 minutes of catching up, sorry
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:28 pm

Yeah that's a fair enough vibecheck on Reisen
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:30 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

It was but they never implied it was and asked that I respect them, with what I assumed was a sarcastic comment.

I assumed they would not ask for respect if in the same breath they were making jokes. They took offense to me pointing out their posts were generally lack luster. Even though multiple players had said it, I had said it the wrong way.
Hence the asshole label. But I’m mostly just looking to see what they do with their approach to people. I didn’t really get it.

The definition of duplicity, I felt they were riding two vague interpretations and chose the one that served them better.

I explained where I was coming from with my check in with Sanae. I’m surprised you think that kind of approach comes from scum.

Or 1v1 or whatever.
I found Aya’s shifting between emotion and their sudden game face pretty difficult to interpret.
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:34 pm

In post 938, Yuuka Kazami wrote: I explained where I was coming from with my check in with Sanae. I’m surprised you think that kind of approach comes from scum.
It's primarily a tonal read more than anything it just failed the tonecheck
that
hard. Quotes for the explanation cause I really don't want to read through another 100 posts to find them?
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:35 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

It’s called sympathy.

But I don’t think in general people like that I pushed Aya when they insinuated they should be left alone. Even though I coached it in terms of it’s not actually bad to be eliminated.

Something Kouji rolled with but it blew up in their face.

It’s hard for me not to chalk it up to play style.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:37 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 630, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Well, it's not me, so I guess Sanae is the scum between the two of us, if one of us is.
I thought, and as mentioned I usually thought wrong about this kind of thing,
that Sanae engaging given the circumstances around it seemed like a genuine reach out for curiosity.
I dunno why scum even bothers. There are other conversations to have.
In post 634, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Avoidance is a coping mechanism.
When Mom is yelling at the cashier that she has children to feed, I might strike up a conversation to distract me from the reality of the situation.
In post 637, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Even how I'm wording that is distancing from the hot coals of- I got distracted and started making a self-deprecating joke mid writing.

humor is also another one.
In post 638, Yuuka Kazami wrote:
In post 635, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: Do you think Sanae is scum, Yuuka?
Right now? No, but there's a lot of game left.
In post 643, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Eh.
Emotionally distancing/suppressing yourself is a thing.
It's one of my favorites.
In post 660, Yuuka Kazami wrote: I’m curious of a lot of player’s thoughts on dai’s post.

I’m interested in Kagerou, Larvae and tenshi’s interpretations of Aya.

Clown slightly up.

@Aya, well, that’s what happened in my experience. Re/what i was doing talking to Sanae.
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:45 pm

In post 938, Yuuka Kazami wrote: It was but they never implied it was and asked that I respect them, with what I assumed was a sarcastic comment.
Unless I suddenly went blind I'm not seeing any post like this before you dropped that read?
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:48 pm

In post 941, Yuuka Kazami wrote:
In post 630, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Well, it's not me, so I guess Sanae is the scum between the two of us, if one of us is.
I thought, and as mentioned I usually thought wrong about this kind of thing,
that Sanae engaging given the circumstances around it seemed like a genuine reach out for curiosity.
I dunno why scum even bothers. There are other conversations to have.
In post 634, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Avoidance is a coping mechanism.
When Mom is yelling at the cashier that she has children to feed, I might strike up a conversation to distract me from the reality of the situation.
In post 637, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Even how I'm wording that is distancing from the hot coals of- I got distracted and started making a self-deprecating joke mid writing.

humor is also another one.
In post 638, Yuuka Kazami wrote:
In post 635, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: Do you think Sanae is scum, Yuuka?
Right now? No, but there's a lot of game left.
In post 643, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Eh.
Emotionally distancing/suppressing yourself is a thing.
It's one of my favorites.
In post 660, Yuuka Kazami wrote: I’m curious of a lot of player’s thoughts on dai’s post.

I’m interested in Kagerou, Larvae and tenshi’s interpretations of Aya.

Clown slightly up.

@Aya, well, that’s what happened in my experience. Re/what i was doing talking to Sanae.
Not to be an ass but I'm not seeing how that has anything to do with the "Do not townread Aya"
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:49 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

I'm hoping that the bird girl comes back soon and we can talk about other items with her. I think that would be helpful for my understanding of the game state now.
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:50 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

Who is the bird girl?
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:50 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

The reporter. Aya.
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:50 pm

In post 942, Kaguya Houraisan wrote:
In post 938, Yuuka Kazami wrote: It was but they never implied it was and asked that I respect them, with what I assumed was a sarcastic comment.
Unless I suddenly went blind I'm not seeing any post like this before you dropped that read?
Unless you mean the "You just blow in from needlessly mean town" post
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:52 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

In post 946, Koishi Komeiji wrote: The reporter. Aya.
I see. I have Aya=Reporter down, but this is the first I am hearing that she is bird affiliated
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:54 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

I haven’t been super clear,
But in general I was frustrated. When a player with low content is in my awareness tend just to watch and wait and prod people that aren’t being easy to read.
I vote them.
They say I assaulted them, which I couldn’t tell if they were joking or not, but got offended if they were serious.
I was also slightly annoyed they either thought I was pointing out that purple was the mod’s color as a weapon or warning to be used against (the witch hat girl) I wasn’t, it was just a hey, mod’s color is purple and found it mildly suspicious they were spending their time focusing on the morality of a post rather than something readable. I tend to think scum utilize fairness and drama as a weapon. So yeah, it pinged.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”