Mini Normal 2333 | woah that's a lot of 3's | It's Gypover !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:02 pm

Post by Greeting »

TOWN

Greeting

TOWNREADS

SmileyDude1
StraightFlush

TOWNLEANS

yessiree
davesaz

NULL

Hu Tao
PenguinPower
Random Nurse
KayJayQueue

EH?

Brian Skies
Political Clout
Titus

SCUMREADS

BlackStar
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:10 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 211, Brian Skies wrote: You still haven't addressed the blatant rolefishing.

I'm still irked by that. What is the purpose of posts like and ? What does asking this achieve for town?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:12 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 212, StraightFlush wrote: This exchange reads like scumdistancing imo, just a lot of worst-faith readings of each other and not a ton of substance.

For Brian, I just don't get any read on how he wants to act/what impact he wants to have on the game. The "analyzer" thing and the talk around that is especially weird.

For PC, I just think his early selfvote and posting habits since then have kinda invited this kind of argument, and there's not much benefit for him to continue engaging with it atp
I'm not at all convinced if this is scum distancing. I do think there is a decent chance of at least one scum amongst these two though.
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:16 pm

Post by StraightFlush »

In post 225, Greeting wrote:
TOWN

Greeting

TOWNREADS

SmileyDude1
StraightFlush

TOWNLEANS

yessiree
davesaz

NULL

Hu Tao
PenguinPower
Random Nurse
KayJayQueue

EH?

Brian Skies
Political Clout
Titus

SCUMREADS

BlackStar
Nice color coding, I should try doing stuff like that on this site

Interested to hear about those takes on Dave and Nurse, not what I was expecting.
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:17 pm

Post by StraightFlush »

In post 227, Greeting wrote:
In post 212, StraightFlush wrote: This exchange reads like scumdistancing imo, just a lot of worst-faith readings of each other and not a ton of substance.

For Brian, I just don't get any read on how he wants to act/what impact he wants to have on the game. The "analyzer" thing and the talk around that is especially weird.

For PC, I just think his early selfvote and posting habits since then have kinda invited this kind of argument, and there's not much benefit for him to continue engaging with it atp
I'm not at all convinced if this is scum distancing. I do think there is a decent chance of at least one scum amongst these two though.
Yeah the rest of the convo after that definitely made me come closer to your interpretation
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:29 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 221, StraightFlush wrote: Current reads, not ordered with in categories since I don't have the braincells for it rn:

TOWN
Smiley
Random Nurse
Greeting
Hu Tao

NULL
PenguinPower
KayJayQueue

MIXED
Political Clout
Titus
davesaz
yessiree

SCUM
Brian Skies
BlackStar

Surprisingly even spread all things considered
Why am I town
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:47 pm

Post by StraightFlush »

In post 230, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 221, StraightFlush wrote: Current reads, not ordered with in categories since I don't have the braincells for it rn:

TOWN
Smiley
Random Nurse
Greeting
Hu Tao

NULL
PenguinPower
KayJayQueue

MIXED
Political Clout
Titus
davesaz
yessiree

SCUM
Brian Skies
BlackStar

Surprisingly even spread all things considered
Why am I town
You haven't posted much but your content has been consistently substantive so far, which I think is a towny behavior pattern early-game. You don't seem bothered by people voting you, which is also towny, and we're also mindmelding quite a bit so there might be a bit of bias there
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:38 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 139, Greeting wrote:
In post 116, yessiree wrote: I think y'all are putting too much emphasis on the justification behind votes when most of them are just vibes and gut

the game is still in the figuring-out-each-others phase so I'm not really expecting any vote to be based on a solid foundation. That's not to say I'm not looking for anything though, as for what I'm looking for... I'm not telling you right now
I normally consider logical and well-justified arguments as a sign of effort to resolve the game. Surely this does not mean that mafia cannot fake them, but I am far less likely to look at someone who is evidently trying to get somewhere even in the fighting-out-each-other phase.
Not sure what point you're trying to make here...
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:48 pm

Post by yessiree »

Spoiler:
In post 141, StraightFlush wrote:
In post 135, yessiree wrote:
In post 134, StraightFlush wrote:
In post 133, yessiree wrote:
In post 124, StraightFlush wrote: VOTE:
VOTE: yessiree

I agree that this inconsistency from him is very strange.
What inconsistency
You say you want to get some wagons going, and you’re willing to attempt starting a wagon on someone because they won’t feed into that, but you also say you don’t expect current votes to mean much of anything since we’re still in the feel-it-out phase? Those two don’t really go together, why vote people and start wagons when they won’t mean anything yet

You also say in the same post that you won’t share what you’re looking for in a wagon/what your standards for voting are, which is scummy behavior in its own right imo
I see, but you're confusing two things here. I said I'm not expecting votes to be well justified at this stage because I saw people were putting too much emphasis on this. That's not the same as having no reads at all which is Hu's case, and kinda why I was poking at her.

And I think it's pretty self-explanatory I'm obviously not telling y'all what I consider are scummy behaviours so you can do the towny thing instead the scummy thing
I've never gotten the appeal behind using votes to "poke" people personally. Let them get up to speed on their own. At the time Hu said they had no reads, I also happened to not have any reads yet

Come now, it's not realistic for mafia to kowtow to everyone's townie standards at once. I think all of us here are different enough in what we look for in order for that to be the case, so honesty is almost certainly the best policy. Personally, I think the towniest thing someone can do is defend a person who's currently unpopular with a well-reasoned argument

what if they never get up to speed? where do you draw the line? I disagree with this on a more playstyle level, being proactive (pushing and poking) is always better than being reactive (waiting for mafia to make a mistake)

if you think everyone is different in what AI-indicative behaviors they look for, I don't see why you would have an issue with me poking and prodding people? since seeing how they react to pressure is exactly how I like make reads early on

am not sure what you mean by the last part, are you saying Hu Tao is unpopular and anyone who defends her is townie?
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:54 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 160, StraightFlush wrote:
In post 158, SmileyDude1 wrote:
Spoiler: quote wall

What inconsistency
You say you want to get some wagons going, and you’re willing to attempt starting a wagon on someone because they won’t feed into that, but you also say you don’t expect current votes to mean much of anything since we’re still in the feel-it-out phase? Those two don’t really go together, why vote people and start wagons when they won’t mean anything yet

You also say in the same post that you won’t share what you’re looking for in a wagon/what your standards for voting are, which is scummy behavior in its own right imo
I see, but you're confusing two things here. I said I'm not expecting votes to be well justified at this stage because I saw people were putting too much emphasis on this. That's not the same as having no reads at all which is Hu's case, and kinda why I was poking at her.

And I think it's pretty self-explanatory I'm obviously not telling y'all what I consider are scummy behaviours so you can do the towny thing instead the scummy thing
I've never gotten the appeal behind using votes to "poke" people personally. Let them get up to speed on their own. At the time Hu said they had no reads, I also happened to not have any reads yet
-SNIP-

Would you say that this behavior is AI though? Like do you think it's more just ineffective or more indicative of scum intentions in this instance?
I’m not experienced enough to speak in absolutes here, but it absolutely can be. Prodding readless people this early into D1 is a super LHF way to male yourself look like you’re doing something solvy, which benefits scum
what makes you think Hu Tao a LHF? She's deffo not a LHF, she's a more of a wasp nest if i say so myself
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:01 pm

Post by yessiree »

Spoiler: hider soft for prosperity
In post 39, Political Clout wrote: are you
hiding
something smileyman?
In post 41, Political Clout wrote:
In post 40, SmileyDude1 wrote: Eh, just engaging in some light-hearted banter tis all.
I think I believe you maybe tbd. but are you
hiding
something?
In post 45, Political Clout wrote:
In post 42, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 38, Political Clout wrote:
In post 37, SmileyDude1 wrote: it was yeah.
why? trying to be my fren? :) or trying to be anyones fren? or trying to be everyone's fren?
Would you consider it scummy if I was trying to do the above though. If so, why?
I would think you are
hiding
a pr. your entrance suggests eagerness your consecutives posts suggests stealth and trying to blend in. Your deflection suggests slight annoyance at me.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:12 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 235, yessiree wrote:
Spoiler: hider soft for prosperity
In post 39, Political Clout wrote: are you
hiding
something smileyman?
In post 41, Political Clout wrote:
In post 40, SmileyDude1 wrote: Eh, just engaging in some light-hearted banter tis all.
I think I believe you maybe tbd. but are you
hiding
something?
In post 45, Political Clout wrote:
In post 42, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 38, Political Clout wrote:
In post 37, SmileyDude1 wrote: it was yeah.
why? trying to be my fren? :) or trying to be anyones fren? or trying to be everyone's fren?
Would you consider it scummy if I was trying to do the above though. If so, why?
I would think you are
hiding
a pr. your entrance suggests eagerness your consecutives posts suggests stealth and trying to blend in. Your deflection suggests slight annoyance at me.
Let's say this were the case. Why hide crumbs in a rolefish?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:16 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Also, why crumb hider at all?
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:19 pm

Post by yessiree »

that was not a crumb tho, I think it was a straight up claim
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:22 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Okay, why claim hider on page 2?
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:24 pm

Post by yessiree »

maybe he's actually a weak hider and got really excited, so latched onto the first opportunity to soft
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:24 pm

Post by Gypyx »

The "black things'' are pepper for you uncultured swines out there

Random Nurse (3) :
BlackStar / Titus / PenguinPower
Political Clout (2) :
Davesaz / Brian Skies
Brian Skies (2) :
Political Clout / Straight Flush
yessiree (1) :
Hu Tao
Hu Tao (1) :
yessiree
Davesaz (1) :
SmileyDude1
BlackStar (1) :
Greeting
Titus (1) :
KayJayQueue

Not Voting (1) :
Random Nurse

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to execute someone, day 1 ends in (expired on 2024-03-25 13:02:46)

vote history
PenguinPower :
yessiree (8) -> Brian Skies (29) -> Random Nurse (118)
yessiree :
PenguinPower (9) -> Political Clout (82) -> Hu Tao (121)
Davesaz :
greeting (13) -> Political Clout (76)
BlackStar :
Political Clout (18) -> Unvote(52) -> Random Nurse (90)
KayJayQueue :
Brian Skies (22) -> Titus (95)
Political Clout :
Politicial Clout (26) -> Brian Skies (151)
SmileyDude1 :
Brian Skies (27) -> Unvote (91) -> Davesaz (92)
Greeting :
BlackStar (70)
Brian Skies :
Political Clout (83)
TItus :
Random Nurse (94)
StraightFlush :
yessiree (124) -> Brian Skies (216)
Hu Tao :
yessiree (128)

mod notes-
Last edited by Gypyx on Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:26 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I don't like to be one to tell others how to play their roles. But in my mind, hiders are supposed to crumb targets so that if they die, we can go back and figure out their trail of targets. Not expose themselves to the scumteam so that when the hider targets town, scum get a two-for-one special.
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:27 pm

Post by StraightFlush »

In post 233, yessiree wrote:
Spoiler:

What inconsistency

Come now, it's not realistic for mafia to kowtow to everyone's townie standards at once. I think all of us here are different enough in what we look for in order for that to be the case, so honesty is almost certainly the best policy. Personally, I think the towniest thing someone can do is defend a person who's currently unpopular with a well-reasoned argument

what if they never get up to speed? where do you draw the line? I disagree with this on a more playstyle level, being proactive (pushing and poking) is always better than being reactive (waiting for mafia to make a mistake)

if you think everyone is different in what AI-indicative behaviors they look for, I don't see why you would have an issue with me poking and prodding people? since seeing how they react to pressure is exactly how I like make reads early on

am not sure what you mean by the last part, are you saying Hu Tao is unpopular and anyone who defends her is townie?
It's a "you know it when you see it" type of deal. Depends on the pace of the game; I have no experience with this slow-paced of a game (or at least one that's set up like that), so I can't comment much further. If you find that frustratingly vague, I understand.

I'm just sharing my thoughts, you don't need to change your whole playstyle because I criticized it. Sorry if I implied I thought that.

Last part isn't linked to Hu Tao at all, I think you may have missed the point of that.

As for the LHF thing I just disagree. You can't become a wasp's nest as a D1 lowposter, that kind of status is reserved for high-volume people who are acting weird imo. I know a lot of people are suspicious of early lowposters by default, and I am too sometimes, but I see it as an unhealthy habit that I want to mitigate.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:28 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Is weak variation not the normal version of hider?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:36 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 241, Gypyx wrote:
The "black things'' are pepper for you uncultured swines out there

I believe the mod just called me uncultured for being unable to identify pepper.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:41 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 244, Brian Skies wrote: Is weak variation not the normal version of hider?
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... lar_Normal

weak should be part of "regular", but Imma leave it at that :shifty:
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:39 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 231, StraightFlush wrote:
In post 230, Hu Tao wrote: Why am I town
You haven't posted much but your content has been consistently substantive so far, which I think is a towny behavior pattern early-game. You don't seem bothered by people voting you, which is also towny, and we're also mindmelding quite a bit so there might be a bit of bias there
In post 243, StraightFlush wrote: Last part isn't linked to Hu Tao at all, I think you may have missed the point of that.

As for the LHF thing I just disagree. You can't become a wasp's nest as a D1 lowposter, that kind of status is reserved for high-volume people who are acting weird imo. I know a lot of people are suspicious of early lowposters by default, and I am too sometimes, but I see it as an unhealthy habit that I want to mitigate.
I said she's a wasp nest because by poking her I've brought the heat on me

But I'm curious why you think lowposting and being substantive is town!AI though. Imo only scum bothers appearing be logically consistent for optics sake, while townies can be contradicting and all over the place. So personally I don't find this argument particularly compelling

You claim she's not bothered by people voting her - last I checked I'm the only one voting her and she has immediately discredited and OMGUS'ed my push, so this doesn't actually track either.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:26 am

Post by Titus »

Just on this page, I see a claim of hider but I don't necessarily believe it. Different roles can fake claim. For instance, a doctor may want to fake being a hider particularly if weak.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades