Mini Normal 2333 | woah that's a lot of 3's | It's Gypover !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:47 am

Post by Gypyx »

Brian Skies (4) :
Political Clout / BlackStar / SmileyDude1 / KayJayQueue
Political Clout (3) :
Davesaz / Brian Skies / yessiree
Random Nurse (2) :
Greeting / PenguinPower
StraightFlush (1) :
Hu Tao
greeting (1) :
Titus

Not Voting (2) :
Random Nurse / StraightFlush

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to execute someone, day 1 ends in (expired on 2024-03-25 13:02:46)

vote history
PenguinPower :
yessiree (8) -> Brian Skies (29) -> Random Nurse (118) -> Political Clout (284) -> KayJayQueue (405) -> Random Nurse (415)
yessiree :
PenguinPower (9) -> Political Clout (82) -> Hu Tao (121) -> Political Clout (316)
Davesaz :
greeting (13) -> Political Clout (76)
BlackStar :
Political Clout (18) -> Unvote(52) -> Random Nurse (90) -> Brian Skies (250)
KayJayQueue :
Brian Skies (22) -> Titus (95) -> Brian Skies (271)
Political Clout :
Politicial Clout (26) -> Brian Skies (151)
SmileyDude1 :
Brian Skies (27) -> Unvote (91) -> Davesaz (92) -> Unvote (256) -> Brian Skies (269)
Greeting :
BlackStar (70) -> Unvote (332) -> Random Nurse (335)
Brian Skies :
Political Clout (83)
TItus :
Random Nurse (94) -> Political Clout (285) -> Greeting (422)
StraightFlush :
yessiree (124) -> Brian Skies (216) -> Unvote (400)
Hu Tao :
yessiree (128) -> Brian Skies (419) -> Unvote (420) -> StraightFlush (421)

mod notes-
Last edited by Gypyx on Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:03 am

Post by StraightFlush »

Considering a vote on either Greeting or KayJayQueue. Perhaps Random Nurse too if he continues to get nowhere in terms of thread presence
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:13 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 426, StraightFlush wrote: Considering a vote on either Greeting or KayJayQueue. Perhaps Random Nurse too if he continues to get nowhere in terms of thread presence
What would be your reasoning for a vote on me?
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:24 am

Post by Political Clout »

@mod I am vla
Ya basic!
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:30 am

Post by StraightFlush »

In post 427, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 426, StraightFlush wrote: Considering a vote on either Greeting or KayJayQueue. Perhaps Random Nurse too if he continues to get nowhere in terms of thread presence
While I disagree with his methods/attittude to some extent, I think Penguin's desire to start a third wagon is towny atp. Targeting a null slot is often preferable to picking between wagons that you feel are TvT with some confidence.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 428, Political Clout wrote:
@mod I am vla
got it
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:53 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 429, StraightFlush wrote:
In post 427, KayJayQueue wrote:
While I disagree with his methods/attittude to some extent, I think Penguin's desire to start a third wagon is towny atp. Targeting a null slot is often preferable to picking between wagons that you feel are TvT with some confidence.
Okay well I’m not sure if you’re saying I’m null because you believe I’m null or because penguin has a bad memory but either way I don’t think there’s anything I can say at the moment to de-nullify myself. If you vote me and it turns into a viable wagon, I will start kicking & screaming though lol
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:42 am

Post by SmileyDude1 »

Tbh, Brian's recent postings relating to his wagon kind of don't feel like what I'd expect to come from scum there. Like their observation about players they know not joining their wagon feels like something I wouldn't expect scum in their position to focus on. I think I'm at a point where how I feel about the slot from a pure logical standpoint isn't matching up with how i'm currently perceiving their behavior and it's kind of annoying. Like I don't think Brian Skies progression really tracks at all, but the way their approaching their wagon feels somewhat passive towards those pushing them which is throwing me off.
In post 402, Brian Skies wrote: My scum game is actually not that bad. I just never roll it.
:]
quoting for ping
:]
Brian, can I have you go deeper into your thoughts on PC. Was wondering what you were seeing there besides the rolefishing?
Friendly Neighborhood Scummer

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:55 am

Post by SmileyDude1 »

Going to go against the grain here a bit though, and say that I think this gamestate feels better than rand that PC/Brian isn't TvT. I just came out of a game where town didn't manage to wagon scum day 1, and the vibes i'm getting here feel different to the gamestate of that game.

viewtopic.php?t=92315

This is the game for reference, the day 1 there, a higher amount of flippancy was present (like there was a decent amount of "i'm fine with either"), there was a higher amount of hesitation in terms of pushing, and it kind of just felt like people didn't have a vested interest in who got limmed there (to the point where one of the players called this out shortly before that day ended).

Comparatively it just generally feels like people give more of a **** (innocent censor :good:) about who's getting flipped here that feels like there is something at stake there.

Like it could just be a different flavor of the same vibe, or the difference could be due to the playerlist, so I wouldn't say i'm sure on Brian/PC having scum there. I do think it feels better than rand though given the above.

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:14 am

Post by SmileyDude1 »

Quick Readlist time
(Feel better about)
(Feel neutral/eh about)
(Feel worse about)
yellow
= stale read, should be adapted at some point. Though depending on pertinence and inner motivation (warding off my inner lazeball), I may not get around to all of these immediately.

(Blackstar,
greeting
Straightflush
, Political Clout)
(
PenguinPower
,Titus, Yessirree, Hu Tao, KayJayQueue)
(Random Nurse, Davesaz, Brian Skies)

greeting and straight were more mind meld reads (found myself agreeing with a lot of what they were saying), that part of my brain became paranoid of (though another part of my brain thinks it may be getting influenced by recent thread events). probs my top priorities in terms of a relook.

Penguin is a case where I feel like they've done a lot to the point they probs shouldn't be in neutral but I haven't gotten around to sorting it yet. Like my gut says it feels good, but I my brain says take another look to be sure. Don't find that one to be a particularly pertinent read to sort atm though.

Nurse and Dave also could be put into stale read given both of those suspicions date back to stuff that happened a while ago now, though I don't think either has really done much since then that warrants raising them. A case of need to see more in that seense

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:19 am

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 372, Hu Tao wrote: StraightFlush fell for the bait. So he's probably scum.

I'm going to say Dave/StraightFlush/????

To be clear, HT you are implying that you took issue with Straight's response to your right?

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:25 am

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 280, yessiree wrote: htinking Brian is town here; gives off the energy from our last game where he was town and how confrontational he was. I also think he would know to have better optics as scum whereas town he would care less

liking my vote still, think I got something there. I find it a little odd how so many people seemed ready to defend Hu Tao. Could either be Hu's partner, or TMIing she's town. Think there's a good chance at hitting scum in that group
In post 312, Titus wrote:
In post 294, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 285, Titus wrote: VOTE: PC
Also was wondering what changed for you on PC since you took this stance from earlier
In post 199, Titus wrote: Meh, i feel pc and bs are both town based on this page but i am still on vacay and need to read.
My pc read is stale and go vca.

Lean town on Brian.
Would still like an answer to the below btw, when you have time. Anyone else feel free to answer if you have input, pinging you two cause both of you explicitly stated a town lean on Brian
In post 370, SmileyDude1 wrote: Those who town lean Brian can I have you respond to my case in (presented below for convenience).
In post 269, SmileyDude1 wrote: Looked through Brian's ISO starting from their original Political Clout vote and came away with a negative outlook

Spoiler: Quote Wall
In post 83, Brian Skies wrote: VOTE: Political Clout
They originally vote PC here
In post 84, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 74, Random Nurse wrote: So, what, you're wanting some wagons to develop?

Sounds a bit suss to me.
Wagons are a valuable tool for hunting scum.

yessiree seems town to me.
This implies they voted there in order to create competing wagons for the benefit of scum hunting. I don't think their reasoning in tracks with these initial postings. Like i get not pointing out the exact reasoning immediately if you think it should be apparent, but I feel like town in that position would've at least alluded to the fact that they were voting due to seeing scum-indicative behavior if that was the reasoning. The progression from this point doesn't feel natural to me.
In post 180, Brian Skies wrote: Sure, I see myself more as an analyzer than a scum hunter.
This is in response to PC's and I don't think this makes sense either when looked at from the perspective of scumreading PC from before. This response assumes a level of good faith that I don't think matches with the stance they took in 185. I would expect Brian to be more immediately dubious of PC here given the stance they took if that was there natural thought process.
In post 183, Brian Skies wrote: I'm not really convinced your vote on me is anything other than OMGUS.
This is the last post they made before their and I think it has the same issue as the above post. I feel like calling PC's vote an OMGUS there also kind of assumes a level of good faith that doesn't match here. Like OMGUS does have negative connotation, but it leaves room for "misguided townie making a bad vote" in such a way that it feels dissonant given the stated thought process indicates that Brian would've believed that PC is more likely scum than town at this point. I could see this post being an attempt at giving themselves an off-ramp with 185 coming afterwards when PC doesn't back down.

It kind of gets into heated back and forth between the two slots afterwards that I don't think I have enough expertise with emotions to accurately sort (not to mention I don't think i'd get much out of it anyways)

Conclusion: I don't think Brian's PC read is real. I feel like if they were voting PC for AI behavior specifically, they'd have been more likely to allude to that at some point before their argument, and their interaction with PC before they stated the reason they voted there doesn't feel like it was approached in the manner I'd expect if they harbored a preexisting scumlean/scumread of the slot. This feels like it's a justification made in post in response to PC pressuring them to me.

VOTE: Brian

It's post midnight where I am right now, will probs be back tomorrow
And I think that's it for now. Sorry for spamming the thread a bit, will let it cool off :oops:

ADHD
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:48 am

Post by StraightFlush »

In post 434, SmileyDude1 wrote: Quick Readlist time
(Feel better about)
(Feel neutral/eh about)
(Feel worse about)
yellow
= stale read, should be adapted at some point. Though depending on pertinence and inner motivation (warding off my inner lazeball), I may not get around to all of these immediately.

(Blackstar,
greeting
Straightflush
, Political Clout)
(
PenguinPower

greeting and straight were more mind meld reads (found myself agreeing with a lot of what they were saying), that part of my brain became paranoid of (though another part of my brain thinks it may be getting influenced by recent thread events). probs my top priorities in terms of a relook.

Penguin is a case where I feel like they've done a lot to the point they probs shouldn't be in neutral but I haven't gotten around to sorting it yet. Like my gut says it feels good, but I my brain says take another look to be sure. Don't find that one to be a particularly pertinent read to sort atm though.

Nurse and Dave also could be put into stale read given both of those suspicions date back to stuff that happened a while ago now, though I don't think either has really done much since then that warrants raising them. A case of need to see more in that seense
Decent list, but I find it hard to believe that Titus and yessiree could be anything resembling null at present. Perhaps a better explanation is in order.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:05 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 435, SmileyDude1 wrote:
In post 372, Hu Tao wrote: StraightFlush fell for the bait. So he's probably scum.

I'm going to say Dave/StraightFlush/????
To be clear, HT you are implying that you took issue with Straight's response to your right?
Yes
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:39 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 437, StraightFlush wrote:
In post 434, SmileyDude1 wrote: Quick Readlist time
(Feel better about)
(Feel neutral/eh about)
(Feel worse about)
yellow

(Blackstar,
greeting
Straightflush
, Political Clout)
(
PenguinPower

Decent list, but I find it hard to believe that Titus and yessiree could be anything resembling null at present. Perhaps a better explanation is in order.
In this case. I think both of these are just cases of slots that I felt had reads on a smaller bandwidth of players then the tier above for me to judge off of. Titus feels like they're generally making decisions that benefit the gamestate, but she just hasn't really outted much in terms of reads on other players (main instances to the contrary being Brian and greeting). Yes feels closer to a read i'd consider stale, I think their response to your inquiry earlier to feel fine. Kind of has the same reasoning as Titus where their stance and contribution in regards to wagons feel good, but it seems to come at a cost of individual reads feeling vague. Came to the conclusion on Yes a while ago though (like to the point I kind of forgot why I'd originally put them there), so that probs is another slot I need to reread again at some point.

Will say that I feel strongest on Brian right now, and that is also causing a slight penalty to be incurred for the above two (like if I were to preflip Brian!Scum, my brain's immediate gut reaction is to look there), though I don't really like doing team solving like that until scum has actually flipped (tbh even then I wouldn't say it's my go to, feel like i'm more of a 1 step at a time type when it comes to these things) so the effect there is minor.

ADHD
SmileyDude1
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
SmileyDude1
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:41 pm

Post by SmileyDude1 »

In post 425, Gypyx wrote:
Flavor coming a bit later

Brian Skies (4) :
Political Clout / BlackStar / SmileyDude1 / KayJayQueue
Political Clout (3) :
Davesaz / Brian Skies / yessiree
Random Nurse (2) :
Greeting / PenguinPower
StraightFlush (1) :
Hu Tao
greeting (1) :
Titus

Not Voting (2) :
Random Nurse / StraightFlush

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to execute someone, day 1 ends in (expired on 2024-03-25 13:02:46)

vote history
PenguinPower :
yessiree (8) -> Brian Skies (29) -> Random Nurse (118) -> Political Clout (284) -> KayJayQueue (405) -> Random Nurse (415)
yessiree :
PenguinPower (9) -> Political Clout (82) -> Hu Tao (121) -> Political Clout (316)
Davesaz :
greeting (13) -> Political Clout (76)
BlackStar :
Political Clout (18) -> Unvote(52) -> Random Nurse (90) -> Brian Skies (250)
KayJayQueue :
Brian Skies (22) -> Titus (95) -> Brian Skies (271)
Political Clout :
Politicial Clout (26) -> Brian Skies (151)
SmileyDude1 :
Brian Skies (27) -> Unvote (91) -> Davesaz (92) -> Unvote (256) -> SmileyDude1 (269)
Greeting :
BlackStar (70) -> Unvote (332) -> Random Nurse (335)
Brian Skies :
Political Clout (83)
TItus :
Random Nurse (94) -> Political Clout (285) -> Greeting (422)
StraightFlush :
yessiree (124) -> Brian Skies (216) -> Unvote (400)
Hu Tao :
yessiree (128) -> Brian Skies (419) -> Unvote (420) -> StraightFlush (421)

mod notes-
@Gypyx
, there's an error in my vote history btw. I voted Brian Skies in my not myself.

ADHD
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:00 pm

Post by yessiree »

beat the prod :cool:

will be catching up today at work
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:36 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 336, StraightFlush wrote:
In post 335, Greeting wrote:
In post 334, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 333, Greeting wrote: Then again, I feel icky about jumping on the
Brian Skies
wagon, because I could very well see their posts coming from a townie perspective and also I feel icky about most people who already are voting them.
What do you think a better vote is?
I think
Random Nurse
contributed very little and I'm happy with that wagon building up. The posts I read while running his ISO seemed like he really had nothing to say even in the few times when he did post.

VOTE: Random Nurse
I disagree with the premise of this vote. Nurse has been inactive for a while for unknown reasons to the point of a modprod, and we've had zero chance to see them catch up to important thread activities like the Brian wagon, the whole PC v. Brian thing, Titus actually doing stuff, etc. Not really reasonable to go here until he's engaged again
How do you feel about his most recent posts?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:37 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 348, Hu Tao wrote: Greeting you are a double voter. Vote one of the 2 and I'll quickly hammer.

I'd say Random too but he probably won't do it
There’s no rush.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:39 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 422, Titus wrote: VOTE: Greeting

Somebody ought to cop Brian and PC but I feel Greeting's scum that didn't want to decide.
There’s no rush to decide. And I will not be pressured into building up either wagon until I read into them myself.
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:48 pm

Post by StraightFlush »

In post 442, Greeting wrote: How do you feel about his most recent posts?
NAI in a vacuum but when you combine it with just how long it’s been since he was really substantive it starts to get concerning. Definitely more amenable to voting him than I would’ve been three days ago
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:17 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 386, PenguinPower wrote: what
In post 374, Political Clout wrote: both but to your question titus
what a weird thing to double down on...you ok?
hardly his fault when you're mysterious like the dark side of the moon
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:30 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 388, Political Clout wrote:
In post 379, davesaz wrote:
In post 347, Political Clout wrote:
In post 339, davesaz wrote:
In post 337, Political Clout wrote: ITT everyone is gaslighting me.
What do you think that term means, and how does it apply to "everyone"?
Where are you going with this?
Finding out what, or who, you think is gaslighting.
I wanna talk about brian but I will go back and look at it. from the the three that talked about it iirc it was yessirree. Their vote on me needs explanation too. they have hardly commented on my slot. they hard town read brian not from meta but from what I perceive as a rule of thumb on what scum might do I don't buy it.
Spoiler:
In post 136, Political Clout wrote:
In post 84, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 74, Random Nurse wrote: So, what, you're wanting some wagons to develop?

Sounds a bit suss to me.
Wagons are a valuable tool for hunting scum.

yessiree seems town to me.
+scum
In post 151, Political Clout wrote: VOTE: brian

Be back this afternoon

this is your premise for scumreading brian, i found it pretty disingenuous, but it was whatever, chalked it off to early game shenanigans

but you've pretty much tunnelled on this read throughout the entire game, like everything hinges on this brian scumread of yours, and that doesn't feel like a genuine townie mindset. it feels more like scum pressured to "lock in" his scumread for appearances sake
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:40 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 400, StraightFlush wrote: UNVOTE:

I have reached the conclusion that if Brian is scum, then he is an inconceivably bad player. I am not ready to make that assumption.
you haven't seen my scum game then
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:44 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 417, Hu Tao wrote: Straightflush/yessireee prob has at least 1 scum
In post 419, Hu Tao wrote: Okay I'm going back to my read of Brian might be scum if Yessir is town. So I'm OK with voting out Brian

VOTE: brian
In post 420, Hu Tao wrote: UNVOTE:

Actually nvm for now
this makes sense :igmeou:

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”