Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5025 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:32 am

Post by Kaguya Houraisan »

In post 5012, Yuuka Kazami wrote: If we’re not going to force Marisa to claim I want to force Reisen to claim since I find them probably the most likely to be a role blocker just from thematic stand point.
In post 4945, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: Hi I’m reisen.
In post 4611, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: I was gonna claim some of my stuff but I’ll add I WAS in a hood. I don’t think that applies anymore with larva dead.

I have an ability to shut down a pt(I don’t think that’s very useful so I haven’t and won’t use it) did not target kaguya with this
A semi protective
And I can offset an action by a phase

I don’t really know how to use the last one and the second one is pretty specific to get any use out of, I don’t want to elaborate more than that on it.
In post 4620, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote:
In post 4615, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: What's a spellcard and what's an active, also what exactly do you mean by semi protective
Active
Spell card
Spell card

….that kind of falls into the not elaborating bit. If I tip my hand it will lose its potential value.
In post 4639, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: I didn’t act night 1 I just got passively neighbored.
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5026 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:33 am

My preference for the day is Marisa -> Reisen -> Kagerou -> Yuuka in that order
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5027 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:02 am

In post 5012, Yuuka Kazami wrote: If we’re not going to force Marisa to claim I want to force Reisen to claim since I find them probably the most likely to be a role blocker just from thematic stand point.
If it was a standard roleblocker then I'd agree with you that Reisen has spellcards that could be flavored like Alien or Roleblocker. It's not a standard roleblocker though since Sanae's active specifically went through and only her spellcard was blocked. If Reisen's the spellblocker then I'd argue she's just lying about her flavor in general
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5028 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:47 am

Ok finally have time for this, I'm hoping to get the part 2 where I look over her D3 posting done later tonight.

There's a disconnect between Marisa's positions over D2 where she wants Sanae dead and her actual approach to Sanae where she's evidently treating her as town in the sense that they're collaboratively sortinging together and in posts like where it feels like she has to address stuff she knows is going to get looked over again once Sanae flips town. This is especially visible in her Sanae case in where by the look of it you'd think she'd be treating Sanae like confscum and solving for the rest of the team (Coincidentally Yuuka also pointed out this tonal disconnect in which makes me feel slightly better about her going up in my reads today)

Spoiler: Quote Wall
In post 3222, Marisa Kirisame wrote:
In post 3218, Sanae Kochiya wrote: It was egging on the 1v1 (which the other half we can probably assume is town as well), and was assigning Ichirin scumminess for not having seen a Koishi post from a couple of hours before, which isn't actually scummy at all, so was functionally serving to pile-on/exacerbate the 1v1
Okay! I will have a look at it this evening.
In post 3226, Marisa Kirisame wrote:
In post 3223, Sanae Kochiya wrote: Yes please
As well as the response I made to what you said to Koishi in the hood.

I think Yuuka probably needs to be re-evaluated as well.
Will do! Bye for now...
In post 3431, Marisa Kirisame wrote:
In post 3213, Sanae Kochiya wrote: I think Koishi's 1391 looks a lot worse, especially knowing Ichirin is town
Nope, I don't see it at all! What I do see though is that both of your only scumreads last day phase are confirmed town now, and this is not a good look,
UwU
In post 3432, Marisa Kirisame wrote: (Especially not because I called them out as being fake)
In post 3489, Marisa Kirisame wrote:
In post 3446, Sanae Kochiya wrote:
In post 3431, Marisa Kirisame wrote:
In post 3213, Sanae Kochiya wrote: I think Koishi's 1391 looks a lot worse, especially knowing Ichirin is town
Nope, I don't see it at all! What I do see though is that both of your only scumreads last day phase are confirmed town now, and this is not a good look,
UwU
Those were my reads. They may have been wrong but they were my reads at the time
What are your reads now? How confident are you on me and Clownpiece-Chan being town?
In post 3491, Sanae Kochiya wrote: Clownpiece pretty confident
You've dropped some, but probably below him and above the
Yuuka/Reisen/Kaguya tier

Probably something like

Aya/koishi -> mechanics
Clown
Dai
You
Kagerou
Kaguya/yuuki
Reisen
In post 3492, Marisa Kirisame wrote: Why are you townreading Clown? And why are you scumreading Reisen?
In post 3495, Marisa Kirisame wrote:
In post 3494, Sanae Kochiya wrote: vote-parking on Ichirin is sort of exactly
where I expect scum to be
In post 3488, Sanae Kochiya wrote: Yuuka was on the sidelines while end-of-day yesterday went down, and that's sort of
where I'd expect scum to be
Elaborate on this?
In post 3496, Marisa Kirisame wrote: Where
exactly
do you expect scum to be?
In post 3497, Marisa Kirisame wrote: Also what exactly caused me to drop off? Be as precise as you can please.
In post 3652, Marisa Kirisame wrote:
In post 3629, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: Can I get a tldr of why sanae is scum since larva flipped scum?
Sanae is scum because:

- Her push on Koishi felt fake
- Her fight with Aya didn't feel TvT and Aya is confirmed
- She made which is a scum post because she already had
very confident
reads on both of us and didn't actually need the content
- We stayed her execution yesterday because she promised to self-vig, but then she didn't self vig
- Larva jumped on Sanae wagon and then jumped off in order to equalize the wagons which possibly helped in her execution being delayed
- Both of her big scumreads from day one are confirmed town now and one of her big townreads from day one flipped scum but her reaction is not to reevalutate the the game but to vote you without elaborating (i know she did say she reevaluated peoples positions after acceding aya and koichi are town but i expected more out of a townie). Also the fact that she was universally pushing only town day 1 (yeah i'm preflipping kagerou sorry not sorry) is a bad look.
- poe

Sanae is town because:

- She says she is town repeatedly
- I guess she had the same reads Clownpiece and I had early on and we're both town so maybe she was also town?
- yeah
In post 3676, Marisa Kirisame wrote:
In post 3666, Sanae Kochiya wrote: I'm kinda busy irl till tommorrow but will say look at: Reisen, Kaguya, Yuuka, and Marisa tomorrow
In post 3671, Sanae Kochiya wrote: Basically the same list as here, would probably swap Marisa and Kagerou
I'm sorry Sanae but if you are town your solving is really lame

Anyway I agree with Koishi and Clownpiece that we should wait for Aya and I also think we should wait for Reisen because as much as I would like to just pew pew everyone except Reisen, myself and the three conftown (I'll miss you), we don't really have enough clears for that so I would like to make sure Reisen is town before I clear her (or not).
In post 3695, Marisa Kirisame wrote:
In post 3689, Yuuka Kazami wrote:
In post 3685, Marisa Kirisame wrote: Okay I should also note that I targeted Daiyousei with my active ability last night but I misread what it does so it's actually useless. However I actually read my PM today so hopefully next night I can do something useful. Or not! Maybe I'm just Vanilla Scarlet.

P-edit: You are so very welcome. Since we are not killing you until later, feel free to step up your solving! I may even go back to thinking you are super cool like I did back at the beginning of the game, when I called you Sanae-Sama.
This is tonal whiplash. But I don’t really know what, if anything to make of it. Can’t you two bicker in the scum PT if that’s what that is?
It's probably a combination of being bored to death of this day phase, alternating between role playing and not roleplaying, and talking to my scumread who I'm pushing as if she could be town because I really want to not be wrong so if she's town I want to find her but at the same time I'm pretty confident she's scum, that's producing the tonal whiplash.

Anyway if I were scum with Sanae, Daiyousei would've been dead eons ago and Larva would probably still have been alive.
In post 4019, Marisa Kirisame wrote: ftr I'm not assuming that she is town. It's just that I'm finally able to give the game my full attention for the first time since the weekend and I want to explore different possibilities before we end the day.
In post 4021, Marisa Kirisame wrote: Yeah I guess this makes sense in a scum!Sanae world. Knowing that all the non-voters were town basically meant that is Sanae was scum Larva had to change vote to let her live, since they couldn't count on non-voters. Also the Larva progression of voting Sanae and then working back into an Ichirin vote feels planned, which is more likely to happen in a scum!Sanae world than in a world where the wagons were TvT. Right? Someone sanity check me please.
In post 4022, Marisa Kirisame wrote:
In post 4020, Koishi Komeiji wrote: Correction: I am limited to phone posting and light banter for the next twelve hours. The issue is not with me but a member of my family's health. Thankfully they are now asleep. So I am here keeping watch.
Koishi help me I'm going insane I hate deadlines I always make the wrong choice near deadlines. I should just vote Sanae right? And reevaluate if she flips town
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5029 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:51 am

Hmm on second look maybe it's less that there's a disconnect and more that there's a concerted effort to discredit all of Sanae's reads
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5030 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:53 am

I'll also note that she claimed the Dai passive disable D2
In post 3685, Marisa Kirisame wrote: Okay I should also note that I targeted Daiyousei with my active ability last night but I misread what it does so it's actually useless. However I actually read my PM today so hopefully next night I can do something useful. Or not! Maybe I'm just Vanilla Scarlet.
So she wouldn't be able to change her claimed target today without contradicting herself
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5031 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:54 am

Marisa what did you think your active did and why did you target Dai with it
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5032 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:59 am

Marisa being V/LA for most of D3 kinda sucks cause there's a big void
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5033 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:04 am

Marisa's extreme focus on me D3 is also Really Friggin BadTM, the only other reads she expressed this day are
In post 4859, Marisa Kirisame wrote:
In post 4772, Daiyousei wrote:
In post 4718, Koishi Komeiji wrote: My issue here is as other players go up, I'm left staring at my Yuuka read wondering why it's still so town and if I'm just insane.
In post 4521, Daiyousei wrote:
In post 4451, Koishi Komeiji wrote: Dai, please come solve with us, I KNOW there's a player in there who really wants to dig into this game and be heard by the herd, I saw it on day one well now's your chance.
While I gather up the hood, I invite you to mull over the middle section of , as a starting point if nothing else.
Not a bad case.
In post 4891, Marisa Kirisame wrote:
In post 4888, Daiyousei wrote:
In post 4880, Koishi Komeiji wrote: Not but really, is this day just coming down to a 1v1 of Marisa v Kaguya?
Lord I hope not.

VOTE: Reisen Udongein Inaba
I might sheep you if Kaguya can do one (1) towny thing this day that doesn't have to do with mech.
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5034 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:08 am

Why is Marisa scumreading Reisen when she spent D2 thinking she's town enough to put her in her towncore?
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5035 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:37 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Why am I now your strongest town read of the remaining eliminations you’re willing to entertain?

Why doesn’t it bother you that Dai essentially claimed a penaltyless self resurrection that they claimed had a penalty?
Oh, sunflower, so tired of time passing!
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5036 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:43 am

Post by Daiyousei »

In post 5035, Yuuka Kazami wrote: they claimed had a penalty?
Where did this happen? I have only ever used the words "price" and "cost". (Yes, there is a difference.)

Also, to be clear, "sacrifice a spell card" means "sacrifice an
unused
spell card".
how m i supposed 2 have a "signature" when i don't have a name? like wth do i sign
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5037 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:43 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 5023, Daiyousei wrote:
In post 5021, Yuuka Kazami wrote: That doesn’t feel honest. Was it even described as a penalty?
You'll forgive me for not answering a question that sounds like the only way to meaningfully answer is to quote my role PM.
In post 5021, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Was it just because the other spell card you could have used would have been beneficial toward finding scum? What was the point of even hiding it if you can no longer use the spell card at all.
There's a fair amount I don't want to talk about in response to this until/unless I find myself in 3-way ELO for paranoia-level infosec reasons. It's not you specifically, it's general excessive caution. But I will at least say I didn't go into detail about this until now because I didn't feel like publicizing it when there was no tangible benefit to doing so, while I could let Mafia stew on the mystery for a while by keeping quiet about it instead.
I don’t actually think it would be difficult to paraphrase here and the bar you’re worried about isn’t an issue with some thought and slight effort.

I’ve pretty much never seen someone conscious of verbatim quoting get banned or suspended because they weren’t careful enough. You really don’t have to direct quote almost anything the English language has a large number of variations and replacement words to convey the same meaning.

But you know what’s weird? I still believe you even though I don’t know why I should. I guess it’s because you admitted to it.

Even though *that* doesn’t make sense either because those questions are going to come at you hard and fast tomorrow. And would be worse for you if you claimed then than now.

Weird world
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5038 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:44 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 5036, Daiyousei wrote:
In post 5035, Yuuka Kazami wrote: they claimed had a penalty?
Where did this happen? I have only ever used the words "price" and "cost". (Yes, there is a difference.)

Also, to be clear, "sacrifice a spell card" means "sacrifice an
unused
spell card".
Thanks for being clear, I got that you sacrificed a different ability though.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5039 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:50 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Then again you could just lie about a different penalty tomorrow.

I guess this is just a bad lie if it is one.

Penalty, sacrifice. Tomato toe-mah-toe.
They’re close enough.
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5040 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:50 am

Post by Daiyousei »

Given that line of thinking/questioning, I think I can see now where the hangup is, which means I can answer slightly better. I was not told I would be inflicted with a penalty for reviving, no. Thinking about it in RPG terms, the price of reviving is like discarding a limited item rather than like taking on a passive debuff.
how m i supposed 2 have a "signature" when i don't have a name? like wth do i sign
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5041 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:52 am

In post 5035, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Why am I now your strongest town read of the remaining eliminations you’re willing to entertain?

Why doesn’t it bother you that Dai essentially claimed a penaltyless self resurrection that they claimed had a penalty?
Combination of scumreading Marisa/Reisen/Kagerou and feeling better about you after livechatting and you coming to the same conclusions as me but earlier

What part of Dai claiming a self res makes her scum?
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5042 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:54 am

Post by Daiyousei »

In post 5039, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Then again you could just lie about a different penalty tomorrow.
If I die and revive again, the price for doing so will have been sacrificing an unused spell card and not anything else. You may hold me to this declaration for the rest of the game.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5043 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:56 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

It doesn’t make them scum, it’s just that it’s entirely possible they mislead on the circumstances of their revive.

Where did I come to conclusions faster than you?
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5044 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:58 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

I just find the sacrifice pretty toothless.
So it bothers me and is worth looking into.
For example perhaps it’s a scum counter to Kagerou.

Or the opposite.

Albeit it just sounds like an inbuilt self-balancer for their other ability that can cause them to die.

Well it doesn’t have to be just one thing.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5045 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:58 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 5042, Daiyousei wrote:
In post 5039, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Then again you could just lie about a different penalty tomorrow.
If I die and revive again, the price for doing so will have been sacrificing an unused spell card and not anything else. You may hold me to this declaration for the rest of the game.
Thank you.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5046 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:01 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 5043, Yuuka Kazami wrote: It doesn’t make them scum, it’s just that it’s entirely possible they mislead on the circumstances of their revive.

I’ve been playing catch up this day phase and last day phase. It’s almost comical.
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5047 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:02 am

In post 5046, Yuuka Kazami wrote:
In post 5043, Yuuka Kazami wrote: It doesn’t make them scum, it’s just that it’s entirely possible they mislead on the circumstances of their revive.

I’ve been playing catch up this day phase and last day phase. It’s almost comical.
D2 not D3, you saw the tonal disconnect with how Marisa was talking to Sanae then
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5048 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:03 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

That’s like, one thing.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5049 (ISO) » Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:03 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Just through sheer post count I’m going to hit a town/tone/whatever mind set.

Monkeys computers etc. /:

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”