Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:04 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 1049, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1044, RationalMadman wrote:
In post 1021, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 996, RationalMadman wrote:
In post 961, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 950, awesomeming327 wrote: I do not want to fade hutao before getting dripping camel and salty to get a little more content in
Good news, I'm not being faded this game 🎉🎉
Do you not find it strange that while saying this, Awesomeing is trying to campaign for votes on you such as here? :
In post 953, awesomeming327 wrote: Dr nick, what are you thoughts on hu tao? You said before that you scumread her right
This is actually a good point. It does look like soft pushing for nick to vote me.
So why aren't you voting him?
Because I think Dann is most likely scum and awesome has done 1 thing I think is scummy
So all the other things he's done such as copying me arent factors to you? He's done absolutely zero towny things.
Everyone's a fool in some ways, we all can only try.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:06 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 1046, ActionDan wrote:
In post 1015, Black wrote:
In post 1011, ActionDan wrote: have very much thought KayJay was scum the whole game
In post 1013, awesomeming327 wrote: I agree with kayjay scum
I'm curious about these reads
KJQ explains most of it best. For 20 pages she had not been proactive in this game the majority of the time, posing no questions and showing very little insight aside from commentary on trivial matters. There are a few exceptions in her Thomith and elements reads. The elements read is based off the effort elements spent to argue against no limming by outlining an extrapolated scenario in the event we follow RM's advice and no lim, an effort that would not benefit a scum elements. That is not a particularly difficult post of elements to make as scum and adding in that it would not serve the purposes of a scum elements is very short-sighted and not worthy of the confidence of the read. The thomith read was originally borrowed from Dann but it is later transformed into one based on gut which is a catchall when there ought to have been a more specific reason available for KJQ.

Instinctively I felt her nick vote was scummy.

Could she have been a townie lost? Yeah sure. But evidence points more to self-aware newbie scum
Fast nolimming was optimal af.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:07 am

Post by RationalMadman »

Elements as scum benefits massively from extending DP getting PR reads and even ending up with town voted off. Don't be naive.

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:09 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 1052, RationalMadman wrote: Elements as scum benefits massively from extending DP getting PR reads and even ending up with town voted off. Don't be naive.
Elements is not the only person that argued for DP to be extended.
It's what usually happens on this site, so even if you disagree with that stance, which is fair enough, I don't believe it is AI, as pretty much everyone here is used to that style of gameplay as either alignment.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:07 am

Post by ActionDan »

Awesomeming, you have vacillated on your elements read a few times this game: opportunistic for RM vote, to cooking after a Hu one, to scum again for a CCS vote. Can you expand why you thought Elements was cooking? Can you reconcile your support of Dann's town read on Elements with your current one w.e it is right now?

When did you first think KJQ was scum? Was that when you named 3 people gun to head as scum or did you refer to Dr. Nick?
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:38 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 1053, Thomith wrote:
In post 1052, RationalMadman wrote: Elements as scum benefits massively from extending DP getting PR reads and even ending up with town voted off. Don't be naive.
Elements is not the only person that argued for DP to be extended.
It's what usually happens on this site, so even if you disagree with that stance, which is fair enough, I don't believe it is AI, as pretty much everyone here is used to that style of gameplay as either alignment.
So why is she being Townread for it?

ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:01 am

Post by ActionDan »

CCS why do you find awesomeming scummy exactly? Why did you vote Dannflor?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:51 am

Post by Dannflor »

is such a gross post
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:01 am

Post by RationalMadman »

Hu Tao and Dann are overdoing this so hard it seems almost like partners over the top bussing btw but I Townread HT

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:06 am

Post by Dannflor »

like I understand why this is the route you'd take as scum but the performativity when it's very clear you don't care about solving my alignment at all actually makes me sick to my stomach

has two goals

1. give Hu Tao some plausible deniability for if she get's me flipped
2. guilt me into stop pushing her

nowhere in Hu Tao's entire ISO is there any intention of trying to get my thoughts behind my actions and reads and genuinely try to read my fucking alignment, she is stuck in a position where she needs to paint me as scum or she just loses

for all the words Hu Tao has put to how I'm tunneling her, at the very least I am constantly trying to figure out what Hu Tao expects from me as town by articulating the specific reasons *why* I think she'd be acting different and giving her an opportunity to explain

she's responded by jumping on a "contradiction" and campaigning for my elimination because of it

I tried to figure out what she thought my reaction would be as town and she shut me out in

I responded to her scummy fucking contradiction case in as good faith as I could and the only response I got was hu tao ignoring me and campaigning for my vote

and then she has the audacity to post and ?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:08 am

Post by Dannflor »

like at any point if you actually cared about what alignment I was as opposed to pursuing the agenda that you need to as scum this would have played out different
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:12 am

Post by Dannflor »

if I try to remove myself from the emotion of the situation and look at things objectively, I think the emphasis on me being "caught lying" and "contradicting" comes from scum a lot of the time

I think Hu Tao's read trajectory on me (going from scummy to idk back to scummy), coincidentally matching up almost exactly to me scum reading, town reading, and then going back to scum reading her again is purely political

I think Hu Tao's blase attitude when people were suspecting her was focused on looking towny and does not match how she behaved around a similar situation in a previous game

I think her only bringing up at the point she did points to her read being manufactured as opposed to a natural reason she thought I was scum
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:16 am

Post by ActionDan »

Just so you know I'll be rereading the entirety of you and hu at some point. Probably tomorrow.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:17 am

Post by Dannflor »

anyway,

I think ActionDan has had a mildly towny entrance, I already thought SaltiestCactus was mildly towny. I think Black's entrance was very towny, not just because she pushed Hu Tao but I think the want to push someone before even fully catching up is more indicative of being eager to solve the game than needing to position smartly

DGB I still kinda want to town read but that's not a super confident read

I think the three scummiest slots are hu tao, awesomeming, and camelCasedSnivy, roughly in that order, although CCS is mostly just due to associations with the other two

my top town reads remain grovyle, elements, Black, Thomith, Rational

Gibdo, ActionDan, DGB are in a tier below that

DrNick I don't think I know how to read but he's townier than the other three at least
awesomeming327
awesomeming327
he/him
Goon
awesomeming327
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:57 am

Post by awesomeming327 »

I’m busy rn I’ll respond to stuff later
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:18 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Secret scumtells are secret for two reasons:

1. Usually it's scum that wants to know so #scumtrap and

2. They're controversial in nature so I don't want to get into distracting arguments.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:29 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 1065, DrippingGoofball wrote: Secret scumtells are secret for two reasons:

2. They're controversial in nature so I don't want to get into distracting arguments.
I totally disagree with number one. They'd prefer you shut upa ndndied not revealing it.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:31 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 1063, Dannflor wrote: anyway,

I think ActionDan has had a mildly towny entrance, I already thought SaltiestCactus was mildly towny. I think Black's entrance was very towny, not just because she pushed Hu Tao but I think the want to push someone before even fully catching up is more indicative of being eager to solve the game than needing to position smartly

DGB I still kinda want to town read but that's not a super confident read

I think the three scummiest slots are hu tao, awesomeming, and camelCasedSnivy, roughly in that order, although CCS is mostly just due to associations with the other two

my top town reads remain grovyle, elements, Black, Thomith, Rational

Gibdo, ActionDan, DGB are in a tier below that

DrNick I don't think I know how to read but he's townier than the other three at least
If we agree on awesomeming why not go the path of least resistance? Hit Scum where most agree on Scum before taking unnecessary risks and forcing outs.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:44 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1066, RationalMadman wrote:
In post 1065, DrippingGoofball wrote: Secret scumtells are secret for two reasons:

I totally disagree with number one. They'd prefer you shut upa ndndied not revealing it.
Well I agree with myself, sorry.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:53 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1067, RationalMadman wrote: If we agree on awesomeming why not go the path of least resistance? Hit Scum where most agree on Scum before taking unnecessary risks and forcing outs.
i am just orders of magnitude more confident on hu tao flipping red and i think successfully flipping her here comes with a better chance of winning the game long term
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:58 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 779, awesomeming327 wrote: Can someone explain the huTao again
In post 950, awesomeming327 wrote: I do not want to fade hutao before getting dripping camel and salty to get a little more content in
In post 953, awesomeming327 wrote: Dr nick, what are you thoughts on hu tao? You said before that you scumread her right
a large portion of awesomeming's scum equity comes from this sequence being a pretty partnery progression/reaction anyways
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:03 am

Post by Dannflor »

there's also Hu Tao's camel scum read dropping off the face of the earth and CCS seeming to not care about it at all despite calling out hu tao specifically in

it just feels like distancing

idk I'm aware I'm loaded with confbias right now and I'd be very pleasantly surprised if I was actually 3/3 right now but it fits together remarkably well and explains why hu tao seems so desperate to get me limmed
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:11 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 1069, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1067, RationalMadman wrote: If we agree on awesomeming why not go the path of least resistance? Hit Scum where most agree on Scum before taking unnecessary risks and forcing outs.
i am just orders of magnitude more confident on hu tao flipping red and i think successfully flipping her here comes with a better chance of winning the game long term
What makes you unconfident in awesomeming being scum?

camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:15 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

In post 1038, DrippingGoofball wrote: I am glad others are starting to see KayJay-scum.

Why would Dann be scum?

You know what is a really solid scum tell? Asking me what the secret scum tell is. Why would a townie care?
its because i think your reads are tmi
master at being scum(my)
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:17 am

Post by Dannflor »

I'm at like 60%ish percent that awesomeming flips scum and oscillate between like 80-95% that Hu Tao flips scum

with awesomeming I think his case on you was scummy and I think his interaction/reaction to the hu tao wagon is scummy, but there's also a part of me that thinks some of their posting reads uninformed and unbothered and that they are just happy doing their own thing

I'm at a point where I think there's a very slim chance I'm wrong on hu tao and while I think awesomeming has decent odds of being scum I don't think there's harm in letting that slot post more and getting info from say a hu tao flip first

obviously, you're hard town reading hu tao so you're going to disagree with this. if it came down to a choice between hammering awesomeming and another elimination that wasn't hu tao I'd hammer awesomeming, but right now I think it's possible to flip hu tao and I think that's the best choice so I'm going to push for that

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”