Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3300 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 8:51 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 3288, KayJayQueue wrote: That being said - do you have updated reads now that Gypyx is clear? Any ideas on who might’ve been teamed with gera/Dave-Ranger?

I don't do reads or reads lists, especially when asked. Not my playstyle.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3301 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 8:53 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

We need to decide if we're working with 1 or 2 remaining Scum.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3302 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 8:56 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

Who here is open to an Enchant wagon?

Scum Enchant is dangerous. The last Normal I was Scum in I replaced out, Enchant replaced in, our other 2 teammates fell, and he carried the game for the win. Enchant knows what he's doing, in spite of the silly antics he's had this game.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3303 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 9:01 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 3302, Random Nurse wrote: Who here is open to an Enchant wagon?

Scum Enchant is dangerous. The last Normal I was Scum in I replaced out, Enchant replaced in, our other 2 teammates fell, and he carried the game for the win. Enchant knows what he's doing, in spite of the silly antics he's had this game.

viewtopic.php?t=92448
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3304 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 9:39 pm

Post by Enchant »

This point doesn't stand even if i did know how to play as mafia.

Because it presumes that i know how to play as mafia and everyone else suddenly not.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3305 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 9:55 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

VOTE: random nurse

The fake hammer was ick, and the real hammer following it up was real ick.

Seeing as we got scum I'll forgive Oblivion. Didn't feel good before the flip, and I'm not sure how much credit random nurse gets for pushing it through because they seem to really want the credit.

I think this is the most sensible partner of Ranger and Geraint.

Let's look into this.

1) Where would Ranger put her partners? Random nurse bounced from null, up and down the town portion of her reads and ending in {top tier} on page 44. Geraint bounced between town-null-scum, ending up in the middle. I think random nurse being town or scum being given a TR to be listened to on d2 is +scum, so while I think placing him here is more scum indicative than not, it isn't by much.
2) Random Nurse was a Dave voter, not so much a Ranger voter. He never interacted with Ranger outside of asking for her reads one time. He re-voted Ranger (hinting he was sheeping Hu Tao on the suspicion on TPR), only to make a comment that he was already voting her. Didn't seem as obvious as Titus' as-I-call-it townslip, because she never corrected herself, and nobody seemed to catch it until I did yesterday.

Y'know what I did when I suspected someone of having a result on someone? I kept my mouth shut until after they claimed VT.

3) He didn't vote Ranger though, and spent most of the day arguing with Gypyx. He continued doing so even after Ranger was caught in damning inconsistencies, which scum may have been too hopeful would be overlooked as pressure briefly swung against Snow/Hu Tao.
4) I'm of the opinion that despite being a Ranger voter he tried to save her, and this was the plan according to his ascent to {top tier}. Let's look at what happened on Day 2 for Random Nurse:

Ranger Mentions: 6
implied ranger mention: 1
Gypyx Mentions: 27
Thomith Mentions: 18
implied gypyx/thomith mentions: 3
Other 12 players: 15

Random Nurse's d2:
Votes dave, accuses willow of manipulating them, implies Naerys scum or they will scumhunt them easily, susses gypyx on the hood once revealed, asks thomith why they want to eliminate in the hood. asks to know of what has happened in the hood. repeatedly asks gypyx if they would vote thomith. asked thomith is they would "launch" gypyx. asked the both of them why they haven't clarified why they townread each other. asks if the game is singleball. asks about scum vig and serial killer. after ranger's claim, says they do not want to eliminate in the hood (still hasn't changed vote). asks for "thoughts on geraintm". susses geraintm on a post that i actually liked. implied a ranger scumread (referenced her post number but no name or quote). once again said they didn't want to eliminate in the hood.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3306 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 9:57 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

Yeah, VOTE: Lycanfire.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3307 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 10:00 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

badposting:
In post 1279, Random Nurse wrote: Despite there being only one kill Night 1 we ARE 100% certain this game is singleball, correct?

(I know, I know, I just HAVE to ask.)
distraction/trying to cause shit in the hood
In post 1235, Random Nurse wrote:1. What's the main reason you won't launch Gypyx?

2. Assuming you won't launch Gypyx, and factoring in Ranger's claim, who are you wanting to launch between Titus and Snow and why?
In post 1237, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 1234, Gypyx wrote:
In post 1232, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 1230, Gypyx wrote: Yes but it's highly, HIGHLY, HIIIIIIIIIGHLY unrealistic of you to base your expectations around that

Is that my expectation?

...or are you just reacting a tad bit defensively?
What i'm saying is that maybe it's possible but if you don't have anything that points to that then holy shit you're making the most unlikely possibilities first

Interesting.

So, why exactly are you not voting Thomith?

Is he completely off the table for you today?
In post 1266, Random Nurse wrote: Oh, hey, did you two ever respond to my questions on why you trust each other so much and apparently won't vote each other?
bc this should be your focus rather than
In post 1203, Lycanfire wrote:
In post 1172, Ranger wrote:
In post 1164, Lycanfire wrote:This isn't about what is fair or right. It's about what is needed to redeem your slot.
Pray tell, why does my slot need redeeming?
Your slot needs redeeming if we work with the conclusion it's suspicious. Here's my reasons:

dave was stirring shit up in while not doing anything productive.
dave TRed Hu when he shouldn't have in , as Hu is doing the above as well
dave's reaction to jackson in wrt to PR hunting. it's a "just what" kind of post. so bad.
-I don't like how you started with reads of a current page (talking about where you'd put me, despite only reading the first 5 pages and using that as a baseline to move people around after the fact).
-you talked me up as a great scumplayer the last time i replaced in
-Your trajectory on your read through lacks any passion, and I'm sure you were taught from a young age to show your work. You voted Hu after your page 13 read through, but didn't say why you wanted to vote her. This was within the minute of your P13 recap, and 7 minutes before the P14 post.
Hu didn't post between pages 10-13
. "P12 (no, that's not Naerys up; that's all of those names
down)" ??????
In post 1136, Ranger wrote:
In post 1135, Oblivion wrote:This is its shocked face.
Wait until you realize what davesaz's role actually was.
In post 1182, Ranger wrote:I am a N3 Vig/N4 Jailkeeper[/b]
???

UNVOTE:

I was wrong when I said I replaced in and Ranger couldn't TR me in another game. I was replacing into a lot of games around this time last year: i designed this setup in 2019 by xyzzy. scum imploded in this game. going to compare the ISOs, but I remember catching inconsistencies in Ranger's tier lists, which she stopped doing entirely at some point.
In post 1256, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 961, geraintm wrote: It feels like a.lot of bad faith voting going on at the moment.

I just can't work out who

This has an air of "don't look at me I'm Towning," and it irks my gut.
i liked this post d2
In post 1257, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 1255, Thomith wrote:
In post 1252, Random Nurse wrote: Thoughts on geraintm at the moment?

*sips tea*
I remember thinking Gera was town but I don't really remember why I thought that if I'm being Completely honest, so I should probably reread him.

Yeah you should probably refresh your thoughts on that one.
did this go anywhere
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3308 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 10:02 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

next up: how you intersect with geraintm. currently counting his mentions d2 though. wonder how many times he says gypyx/thomith.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3309 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 10:20 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

I don't like this opportunistic shift by Lycanfire.

He's either Town going down the wrong path or Scum trying to get a mislim.

I am a bit amused by all the little things he's trying to present as being dubious/suspicious. It doesn't sound like he knows my meta one bit, and anyone who's played with me as Town (and knows my persistent irksomeness as Town) knows this isn't my Scum meta.

Yeah I was wrong about Thomith and Gypyx but I'm allowed to be, and as Town you'd be stupid to be like "oh yeah, I'll take your word for it." Of COURSE the game is set uo that way to make your paranoid about those two roles in the game.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3310 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 10:22 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

I wither like an ice cube in the desert as Scum. I can't for the life of me feign ignorance when cursed with insider information.

As Town? As Town I go in both guns blazing.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3311 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 10:30 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Where does Geraint and Random Nurse intersect?

Geraint pushed the same anti-Homies narrative D2:
In post 848, geraintm wrote:
In post 770, Random Nurse wrote: I'm just going to say right now I hate "towncores/townblocks" in general. Too easy to shield experienced Scum.
unless there is a mechanical reason for it, then this
In post 852, geraintm wrote:
In post 849, Thomith wrote:
In post 848, geraintm wrote:
In post 770, Random Nurse wrote: I'm just going to say right now I hate "towncores/townblocks" in general. Too easy to shield experienced Scum.
unless there is a mechanical reason for it, then this
Why?

Could you also explain how 2 people who strongly town read each other is "easy for scum to hide behind"?
because one may not be town and have bamboozled the other. i think it is in the interest of scum to form "town blocks" and cruise through the game
Geraint mentions d2:

thomith: 5
gypyx: 7
ranger: 6
other
11 players: 7

Geraint also pushed the not-eliminating-in-the-hood rhetoric (honestly did anyone besides these 2 ever say this?)
In post 869, geraintm wrote:
In post 866, Gypyx wrote:
In post 864, geraintm wrote: i dont think i am on board with you Gypyx in you just lining up a bunch of Hood members and running through them. i don't think that is optimal strategy for the rest of us to trust you so much
i think you're misundersteanding me, i'm not saying that we run through snow / ranger / titus without discussion, this is more of me preassuming that they'll flip scum and how to work on that

you are obviously not forced to trust me but i hope you'll come around to it eventually since that's a read i'm pretty confident in
oh, it very much read like that was what you wanted to happen and we should all just go along with it.

i was not liking that at all.
In post 1348, geraintm wrote:
In post 1347, Thomith wrote:
In post 1344, Naerys wrote: I hate broken quotes
Gypyx is the one focused on limming in the hood, nurse
I am almost positive there are scum in the hood.
Same, but it shouldn't be driving the elimination today
1) Random Nurse suspected Geraint end of day 2, and made 6 posts day 3 implying or accusing they were lurking.
2) Geraint said he liked Random Nurse for his Ranger push on day 4, but Random Nurse didn't have a Ranger push. He had a blank vote onto Dave that he didn't move despite his focus being elsewhere (see above post.)
3) I waited nearly a day for random nurse to post to hopefully call bullshit on the above.
So, despite the above three points, the following happened:
He did not call bullshit on the above. When I called him out on this, he asked who he should call bullshit on, and suggested me.
4) Random nurse immediately voted me after I pushed Geraint for fake anger. It was a blank vote, giving away nothing to analyze. A townie wouldn't have been scared to give an opinion.
5) Random nurse asked geraint to join a wagon on me
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3312 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 10:34 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 3309, Random Nurse wrote: I don't like this opportunistic shift by Lycanfire.
In post 2085, Lycanfire wrote: mostly to annoy you

your d2 is really shitty focusing on gypyx and ignoring ranger. totally ignoring ranger. not even talking to her.
In post 1258, Random Nurse wrote: Hey, Gypyx, why do you think Jackson was killed?
random distraction to make snow fight thomith, probably sensing some morale to push thomith after my . shame snow and i didn't see it the same way tho.

these three constantly pushing against the town, any vote here wins
In post 2875, Lycanfire wrote: Random nurse, thoughts on geraintm? You mentioned being wary of their lack of presence. They've been here lately. Based off what they are giving us do you have an opinion on this slot?
In post 3142, Lycanfire wrote: I think random nurse is a more likely bus vote. His only worthwhile contribution is a vote, which reads like scaredscum assuming there's a guilty on his partner. They townslip not knowing who Ranger replaced, but it seems more aware than Titus imo.
In post 640, Random Nurse wrote: OK.

VOTE: Dave

In post 1094, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 1039, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1012, Naerys wrote: VOTE: Naerys
can u just vote me out i dont wanna read Rangers posts anymore
Can you just vote ranger

I suspect there's a very specific reason why you want us to vote Ranger?

If Ranger turns out to be Town I'll be coming for you.

VOTE: Ranger
In post 1095, Random Nurse wrote: Fuck.

I'm already voting them.

(That's how fucked this IRL week has been.)
They spent the entirety of day 2 arguing with Gypyx.
In post 1237, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 1234, Gypyx wrote:
In post 1232, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 1230, Gypyx wrote: Yes but it's highly, HIGHLY, HIIIIIIIIIGHLY unrealistic of you to base your expectations around that

Is that my expectation?

...or are you just reacting a tad bit defensively?
What i'm saying is that maybe it's possible but if you don't have anything that points to that then holy shit you're making the most unlikely possibilities first

Interesting.

So, why exactly are you not voting Thomith?

Is he completely off the table for you today?
Could be a slip from the scum PT that they were (presumably) acting strangely in the hood and was rolefishing.
In post 1258, Random Nurse wrote: Hey, Gypyx, why do you think Jackson was killed?
Distraction/scumangle.
In post 1328, Random Nurse wrote: I have the sneaking suspicion that should Ranger flip Town I'll be the convenient scapegoat.
does fuck all to push ranger. this post looks fake.

Did nothing to interact with Ranger. Asked them for reads one time. It's Ranger you don't have to ask.
In post 459, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 392, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 390, PenguinPower wrote: why do you suspect dave
Meta. He seems off this game.

As is that's not that convincing.

Could you be a bit more specific please?
:roll: sure they questioned the NAS wagon repeatedly and this could have had morale collapse onto Dave. IMO, Dave was worth elimination and random nurse stood to benefit.
most shocking anime betrayal
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3313 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 10:36 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 3102, Lycanfire wrote:
In post 3096, Random Nurse wrote: This game kind of pisses me off.

USUALLY I can kind of sense who the Scums are, and I slowly start homing in on them. This go around I'm still not catching any slight signals. Usually there's a trace tell that catches my gut radar, but my gut just isn't catching anything. Still wouldn't surprise me if Thomith/Gypyx were Mafia Neighbors like Ranger, but no one wants to pull on that thread. Excluding those two I can't really sense who the Scum are, so they're playing much better than the usual Scum I've caught.
Interesting word choice.

Random nurse, if you're town you need to get with the program. If you can't find scum, find towns. Put in some work and stop having a large poe.

This is only anti-town. A large poe is exacty what scum need to win. We can't bring you to melo, because if you aren't scum you sure aren't getting killed either. Out of all the players in this game you've cast the largest net.
fake anger tell
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3314 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 10:41 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 3309, Random Nurse wrote: It doesn't sound like he knows my meta one bit, and anyone who's played with me as Town (and knows my persistent irksomeness as Town) knows this isn't my Scum meta.
If you know your own meta what exactly stops you from imitating it as mafia?
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3315 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 10:44 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 3156, Lycanfire wrote: damn, if he rolled scum here we're screwed.
:lol:
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3316 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 10:51 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 3314, Enchant wrote:
In post 3309, Random Nurse wrote: It doesn't sound like he knows my meta one bit, and anyone who's played with me as Town (and knows my persistent irksomeness as Town) knows this isn't my Scum meta.
If you know your own meta what exactly stops you from imitating it as mafia?

Because I simply can't. I can't act.

As Town I don't know who the fuck anyone is. There's no acting there.

As Scum you already know who is what unless it's multiball, and I can't fake "not knowing" when I DO know.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3317 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 10:54 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Yeah you're pretty obvious that's for sure
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3318 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 10:54 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 3155, Psyche wrote: i dont think you get how bad it gets
in my last game, he was IC so there was no chance he was scum the whole time
guy was repeatedly scumreading -- in his batman voice tone -- literally confirmed town in phase after phase
rest of town literally planned our play around the possibility that he might survive to vote this slot in MELO

Just saw this now. This is referring to me? Lol.

Refresh my memory. As IC (and BULLETPROOF IIRC), I still didn't know who the fuck was what, so yeah I'm going to be paranoid AF and Scumread most everyone, and then be PARANOID of the Scumreads I scumread the LEAST.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3319 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 10:56 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

can't wait to see what the ranger and geraint triangulation say about *checks watch* random nurse's meta
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3320 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 10:58 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 3317, Lycanfire wrote: Yeah you're pretty obvious that's for sure

Obviously Town.

Doesn't sound like you know my meta one bit, LF.

I think, if you were a wise man, you'd ask input from everyone else here and their history with my Towngame first, and then weigh that.

Remember, being Town doesn't mean you're always right on things. It's usually the opposite. Town is usually wrong, like I was on Thomith and Gypyx, because we don't KNOW anything regarding gamestate. Explain to me how me being wrong about Thomith and Gypyx means I'm Scum. Can't I just be wrong and Town? Obviously as Town I go barking up a lot of trees, and it'd be pretty crazy if I was always right about things as Town.
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3321 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 10:59 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 3319, Lycanfire wrote: can't wait to see what the ranger and geraint triangulation say about *checks watch* random nurse's meta

Hey, quick question—what do you know about my meta?
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3322 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 10:59 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

You have my full attention now.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3323 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 11:06 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

sure:

being SO wrong on thomith and gypyx when ranger is busy hanging herself is scummy

coincidentally selling the same narrative as ranger and geraintm is scummy

continuing to be SO wrong on thomith and gypyx because they're rewarding you with townreads for it is scummy

being so wrong up until they're killed at this point is a self-parody at best

let's not pretend this is all that is scummy about you: pushing the same not-eliminating-in-hood narrative as geraintm, forgetting your SR on geraintm between d3-d4, accusing me when i suggested you should have called geraintm's statement as being false when he said you had a good push on ranger, blank voting me because why not, wagoning gypyx with geraintm, wagoning me with geraintm, fake anger tellx2. fake anger 1: "convenient scapegoat if ranger flips town" comment d2 when you didn't do shit to push ranger. fake anger tell 2: echoing kay's feelings d4 by saying the game is "pissing you off" because there's no scum signals.... what about geraintm or myself, or whatever your "paranoia" has.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3324 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 11:07 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 3321, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 3319, Lycanfire wrote: can't wait to see what the ranger and geraint triangulation say about *checks watch* random nurse's meta

Hey, quick question—what do you know about my meta?
nothing. address the game.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”